image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MMP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6760 5 years ago

Picked up a TZ this weekend.

Game has a few issues to work through, so I am sure to be ordering parts soon. I notice they make a clear ramp set which looks nice. The back of this game seems dark... I want to find a way to brighten that up. Wondering if a light strip would work.

I've got a credit dot for broken clock, so will probably need a new board for that. It seems like that generates a lot of heat and just gets trapped in the clock housing.

Anyway... will probably play this for a few weeks before tearing it down for a full cleaning. The subway is filthy.

#6765 5 years ago

I can see why TZ is a generally expensive machine. I just dropped $500 in parts orders from PBL and Marco today. That does not include the LEDs, ColorDMD, clock board and Mantis parts that I'll be ordering. Oh well it will look real purdy when I am done with it. Going to do a mix of WW and Sunlight on the GI. Previous owner had the Cointaker LED set in from ages ago, and the inserts look quite nice still. The cool white was just a bit too harsh on my eyes but the bulbs were the kind without domes. Mostly I will just need to do GI and maybe some sort of backboard / spotlight combination. Either that or just break down and go pinstadium.

1 week later
#6780 5 years ago

Got my LEDs and LED OCD board ordered today.

This will be my first game using LED OCD. In the past I've just replaced the game rom with a supposedly led patched rom, ordered non-ghosting bulbs and called it a day. Neither of those totally eliminated the ghosting.

New clock board will be arriving soon too.

#6781 5 years ago

Question for those of you with the Ingo clock board- do you recommend to drill some vent holes in the clock housing? Or know if the aftermarket clock housing has some ventilation?

#6784 5 years ago

Thanks for the quick response! Yep, Ingo's board board and I will just keep my standard clear housing.

#6786 5 years ago

Thanks I will keep that in mind. So far I have only purchased the LED OCD, and I plan to stick with the WW clock LEDs.

This TZ is a bit of a player, but I am not sparing much expense to get it looking the best it can. My goal is to hopefully break even, or to lose less than 500 whenever the time comes to sell. Cabinet decals are also on my watch list, but so far I have not found a good source.

2 weeks later
#6833 5 years ago

Tearing into my game now for cleanup and maintenance. It's hard not to hurry because we miss playing it! I've enjoyed cleaning up a few WPC games but this one will probably be the furthest I've gone without doing a complete playfield swap.

If anyone has an extra split set of cabinet decals I would be interested in the right hand side head and cabinet.

#6850 5 years ago

A live & learn moment for me. I am posting so hopefully someone else may avoid the same mistake. I should have started with some simple green or something lighter first to remove the glue residue. Instead I used some liquid goof off and roasted this plastic in about 5 minutes. I was relieved to see that Pinbits has some sort of replacment, and I also picked up their door flasher upgrade while shopping.

oops (resized).jpgoops (resized).jpg

#6851 5 years ago

This board seems to have been replaced in the not too distant past, but still was giving me the broken clock error. Looking forward to installing Ingo's upgrade board.

clock 1 (resized).jpgclock 1 (resized).jpg
clock 2 (resized).jpgclock 2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#6868 5 years ago

I'm going to be adding some molex connectors as well. Are you able to use the same size pins for every location, or is a mix of sizes required? I'm wondering about .062 vs .093 for this.

1 week later
#6932 5 years ago

I'll be replacing my smoked ramp with a clear one. This should help lighten up that back corner.

ramps (resized).jpgramps (resized).jpg

#6940 5 years ago

I don't think its so bad... it's not like detailed board soldering. It can be done with a basic soldering iron and basic skills. Youtube has some tutorial videos.

Hey, I have a question for anyone who has rebuilt the clock mech. I am assembling now after cleaning and I am wondering if the plastic gears should be lubricated or if they are better left alone.

1 week later
#6953 5 years ago

Does anyone know where this plastic protector might go?

tz_protector_300x300 (resized).jpgtz_protector_300x300 (resized).jpg

#6958 5 years ago

I just picked up a clear gear housing from Marco last month. Going to be assembling my clock finally this weekend... making lots of good progress this past week.

edit... sorry I misunderstood. No the only housing I see is colored. I wish PPS would have made these but I settled on blue from Mantis. It looks really sharp though, I think overall I will like it.

#6968 5 years ago

I am missing a reference picture for this piece. Does anyone know where this metal spacer belongs?
20190323_080421 (resized).jpg20190323_080421 (resized).jpg

#6970 5 years ago
Quoted from Mneubey:

Fwiw, i just finished redoing my entire playfield and don't recall seeing that part. I even catalogued each metal piece, and don't see it in the pics. I could be wrong, but don't remember it.

That's good because I am just about finished with reassembly. No more broken clock!

20190326_161702 (resized).jpg20190326_161702 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#6980 5 years ago

Are you talking about this black round piece with the 4 prongs? Should be just a single screw in the middle that attaches it to the plunger.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#7071 4 years ago

I've got a couple of lingering issues. Anyone have experience with these?
- Shooting the lock shot does not start quick multiball. Seems like all the switches are working during tests.
- Powerball sensor will sometimes give a false positive, but this mode will revert once the game senses a steel ball. Trough kicker is a bit wobbly, and I have replacement parts for that. Have the upgraded sensor boards been discontinued?

#7073 4 years ago

Fixed one of my issues today... lower lock switch was actuating with finger, but not with a ball. After a switch adjustment that issue is solved.

I am guessing the powerball thing may be an adjustment as well. One of these days I will get off my lazy butt and install the new ball kicker for the trough.

2 weeks later
#7152 4 years ago

There plenty of inexpensive chip pullers on Amazon as well. Does not need to be fancy, just looks like a big pair of tweezers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MMP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=MMP and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.