image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 10 years ago

Here's some of mine...still my favorite machine...

GLM mini switches and post GI (blue) and Flashers(White) on mini pf

Blue clock housing, led clock board

Rocket ship, t bird, slot machine and piano toys

Backboard is a lit PDI piece

Glowing blue and seizure RGB flashers under cabinet

Just got the topper after a long quest...love it...

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#22 10 years ago

Oh yea...cliffs, camera mod...and if you can't tell, I don't take great pics .....I'll post again tomorrow

#23 10 years ago

sturner....thanks..I'm one of the few that is not thrilled about Robby....might be that it sort of clutters the middle too much for me.....

#24 10 years ago

Oops pinball side mirrors " black wet" gives a nice reflection, not as bright as the chrome mirrors..

#41 10 years ago

Sturner....I'm full on LEDs...non ghosters in crucial spots...going to try the OCD thing, but the strobing isn't so bad on the inserts ( or my eyes don't see it)...seems pretty stable, but anxious to play w that thing....

#42 10 years ago

The only thing that ghosts is my $&@!$ Camera....love the Camera, hoping the board makes it go away....

#43 10 years ago

My coolest find though.... ( besides the topper)...found at the same time on eBay w set for my TAF...I don't sit down when I play, but way cool accessory....

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#45 10 years ago

Thanks....I dig the "glow"....I'll try to shoot some video on the mini pf post flashers w under cab strobing during " the power".....close to seizure light show ( might not be a good thing)...

#58 10 years ago

pauloz....looks great!!!!...modded massively!!!!

#59 10 years ago

Caucasian2Step...yeah the stools and mat are kind of crazy....but a "must have" when I saw them...I set them aside when I play.....never said I was the smartest modder, but mod I shall....ha

1 month later
#85 10 years ago

Man, this thread rocks!!!....thanks JoJoBear.....had my pop bumpers backwards...a free upgrade!!!

#87 10 years ago

gweempose.....nice spot adds....now you must add lighted star posts to the miniplayfield , you must.....image-503.jpgimage-503.jpgimage-570.jpgimage-570.jpgimage-172.jpgimage-172.jpg

#88 10 years ago

First pic had the white star posts blasting in flash mode....

#91 10 years ago

Arcade....I actually grabbed the center "lamp" flasher on the miniplayfield ....I used the clear undercover when I rebuilt mine...really helped light up underneath......modified the Cliffy to fit my camera mod and the GLM's, and be able to make micro tilt adjustment on the board......a HUGE pain in the ass (Lloyd talked me off the cliff a couple of times...fried some optos) but worth it in the end for me....

#96 10 years ago

I used cointaker for mine, but that's Joeys (PDI) lamp, and lighted backboard......

#99 10 years ago

Yep,...just crappy cardboard....I'll have to dig up the link where I got mine.....fellow Pinsider gave it to me awhile back....be ready for massive profanities spoken on your part when you dig into this.....finally got good at it, after I took the damn thing out about a dozen times......mark

#101 10 years ago

Bigdaddy07.....that might be it...I can't remember .......ignore the "easy installation" reference however.....I was afraid to try and cut the lexan, I'm an electronics geek, no carpenter in me....remember, the plastic is thicker than the plastic, so be very careful when re routing the wires, or shorts will happen ( spoken from a fuse blower)... Mark

#106 10 years ago

That's correct.....there's also a GI light underneath which really glows w a clear underside as well.....I'll try to take a pic...

#109 10 years ago

Not w my iPad, I'm not...too tight...dig my camera out tomorrow.....the clear looks ALOT better, and for me, the 20 bucks or so was worth it.....template or not I would have screwed it up.....soldering iron, multimeter, scope, etc....good...jigsaw in my hand....BAD.....ha

#110 10 years ago

I've wanted a Dremel for some time now.....may have to finally get one and screw around with it.....but it will be a long time before I get near one of my pins with one......I just don't have the patience for cutting straight lines.....heard it's an affliction a lot of us electric/ gear oriented guys have.....rebuild something ...I'm in....make a table?.....I'm an idiot....

#119 10 years ago

marlboroa....game looks great!!!...I'd agree on the 6k or so.........

#120 10 years ago

JoJoBear......you are officially wearing me out just reading what you've done already......I'm going to get off work, go home, and take a nap.......sad, but true.....ha........mark

2 months later
#226 10 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Super thread gentlemen. Can anyone lead me to the best place to get TZ mods. I would like the mods to be reversible and easy to install without soldering. What mods do you guys think would be good to start with? I was thinking of the Lost in the Zone lamp over the mini PF, the Stop Light and the Piano would be good mods to start with. Any other suggestions would be great. Thanks CB

Joey at pinball decals.com has the custom lamp holders for the mini pf, and lots of other very nice mods....a little pricey, but the stuff is quality.....also makes the custom aprons, backboards, etc....

#227 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Can I get an expression of interest from those who would like a spiral ramp? I have a source that could make them for us, just wanted to know how many would like one. Not sure of the price, but I'm not in it to make money.

Not me....looks like it would slow down the game and spiral covers up too much of the playfield...just my take though....mark

#229 10 years ago

Has anyone used ( or modified) the clock covers that provide ventilation to keep the heat down? I'm using the LED single board update, but geesh, it still gets pretty warm.....

1 year later
#688 9 years ago

Tech thing....am I the only one that gets pissed at the 5million target to the left of slot scoop always pushes back, allowing the ball to smack off the side of the scoop? I actually have an indentation on that side, and hate that sound.

Is there a reinforced switch I can swap for that one, which could withstand the continued ball attack without moving back? I've tried different foam behind the target, but nothing stops the " clank"...any ideas?......thanks fellow TZ owners...mark

#692 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I did something like you said with a metal pop bumper yolk bc its all i had at the time and everything been fine since or you can use thick gauge wire from behind to a screw . There are tons of threads on this subject if people would search lol. I actually dont like the reinforced target there bc it launches the ball when hit and damages all types of shit

Did a crapload of searching...seems the Mantis scoop is the best fix....best price to find one?

#693 9 years ago

Actually just sent him an email....thanks guys.....mark

#695 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its a good fix if u need a scoop also? A one dollar (if that )part can fix the issue tho

My scoop has a nice gouge in it from the ball hitting it for years.....was going to attempt the wire fix, but I really like the metal behind the target....my ramp is ok...I'll clean and try to sell it w the gouge for $20 or something....

#696 9 years ago

The machine is a keeper for me ( players version though, no HEP here) so I don't mind making an improvement...

#699 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ramp? Lol ill buy your old scoop possibly if the weld isnt broke ?

Welds fine...a little dirty, and distinct " U" shape on left side where ball has been pounding it for some time...I'll shoot some pictures, after I swap it out, and it's yours, if you want it.

Love this machine, so I'll put a little in it....

#700 9 years ago

Ha yes...scoop, not ramp.....sleeping pills kicking in....

1 week later
#709 9 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Got a neat Camera from Japan. Need to light it up and mount it.image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That's the one!!!...amazing detail....I used a dual head Optiflux and much profanity, but looks sick!!!image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#712 9 years ago

Can't remember what I used to create the "lenses" in front of the LEDS, but if I think of it, I'll pass along...

#714 9 years ago

Meant to post after installing the Mantis slot scoop....HIGHLY recommend it!!!...brace for switch is way solid, and the scoop launches great.....I didn't even realize the top 2 welds in my original had broken ( held roughly in place w the plastic, I guess)...just had gotten used to the " chatter" sound when it went in.

The Mantis is solid, well made, and has now guilted me to change my broken swamp scoop on my TAF ( it's that good).......mark

2 weeks later
#737 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

In the club thanks Rock!! Great seller and buy his mods!
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
» YouTube video

must say...those speaker light kits look pretty cool.....

1 month later
#839 8 years ago

And I'm in on the sale, as well!!!....going w the rainbow LEDs in mine...I've got a blue housing, white dial already, so should look sweet!!!

I'll have a Rottendog version for sale, when I swap these out ( works great, but this board looks killer!!!)....mark

#847 8 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

POWERBALL!!
Took me a few seconds to figure out where the hell it went.

IMG_1454.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Gotta love that one!!!....it's got me several times too....

They actually make a plastic protector just for that one, to keep it from getting cracked....Ive been too lazy to put mine on, but on the " to do" list when the ingo clock gets here....

5 months later
#1362 8 years ago
Quoted from kevinleedrum:

Here's one I found on Youtube.
» YouTube video

Absolutely the best topper for TZ.....love mine, not real easy to come by anymore, but can be pricey....

#1365 8 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Yes they are pricey but they are very cool when they are doing there thing.

Probably ranks as my favorite topper, period.....worth every penny to me on this one.....

#1368 8 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

I've had my TZ for so long that it just does not get the play that it used to. Looked at my audits the other day, and only 39 plays since March of this year when I installed the NVRAM.
But I finally got sick of seeing the default high scores on there yesterday and decided to do something about it. I did eventually get back on the board, but during that one good game, I had not one, but two separate multiballs with the powerball in play (obviously failed to get Powerball Mania going). Cashed in double jackpots both times, of 160M and 130M. Highest I've ever personally done.
The powerball aspect during multiball is just one of many things that makes this the best game ever. Lots of games have multiball, but none say "oh, you have to make the jackpot shot with just this one particular ball to double it". Genius.

I'll let mine sit for awhile too....then come back to it like an old friend and have a blast....couldn't imagine letting it go....

3 months later
#1692 8 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

What so proudly we hailed, at the Twilight (Zone) last gleaming #ColorDMD #TZ #Now

Screenshot_2016-02-11-23-23-18_(resized).png

Ahhh....all is right in the pinball world now!!!....just added the color file to mine too...looks great!!!

1 week later
#1727 8 years ago

I have TZ and ECLEWOZ....they sit side by side in my lineup, and neither are leaving....classic wide body, #1 on ipdb, next to one of the most innovative pins of the modern day....hope you find another way to get a WOZ, but don't get rid of TZ ...you'll miss it....no other machine like it....

4 weeks later
#1858 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

My TZ is haunted! Two screens from BK2K, and two from TAFG.

IMG_20160321_205502_(resized).jpgIMG_20160321_204905_(resized).jpgIMG_20160321_205003_(resized).jpgIMG_20160321_205840_(resized).jpg

Ok...that's weird....welcome to the twilight zone ( I guess)....don't turn your back on it!!!

#1861 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Nah, thinking too much on it. I simply connected my DMD up to my laptop, and was playing a few games on it, with the display output going to TZ's DMD. Thought it was amusing.

Cold, you are!!!

#1865 8 years ago

Seems I read somewhere back that the size and weight vary between original and the repros....any input or truth to any of that?

I bought an "original" (supposedly) NOS, nice and white but felt a bit heavier than the one I changed out....just curious...game plays fine...

#1867 8 years ago

Ahh...thanks!!! I knew I'd seen it somewhere....glad to know my "investment" was good when I purchased the properly weighted ball (geesh we can be a picky bunch sometimes....)

2 weeks later
#1935 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Before spending insane amounts of monies on a bunch of mods really think aboot what is the best bang for your buck. GLM Switch Kit has always been the best mod out there...because it doesn't look like a mod.
http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/tzmpskit2.html

Gotta agree w you there...I've modded the crap out of my TZ , but the GLM switch kit just looks like it belongs...clean, better view of mini pf , and a spare switch set on each sling to trigger other stuff..a great mod!!!

2 weeks later
#2046 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Does anyone have it installed? If so, can you share some pics?

image_62908_1_(resized).jpg

Are those hinges laser cut letters, or painted on....drooling heavily right now...I emailed them, but they're in Germany ....if laser, I must have, and put el paper behind!!!

#2048 7 years ago

They look laser cut to me.

They do to me, as well....wanted to confirm....white EL behind those!!!...game/ set/ match!!!

#2050 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

If you send them to me I will install and send you some pics...

While thoughtful, your kindness is killing me.....

#2058 7 years ago

They look laser cut to me.

They are....just ordered a set!!!!

#2064 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Pics when installed, please!

Absolutely.....Im toying w dark blue instead of white, being my machine is " colorized" pretty well anyway....the colordmd rocks this game...still leaning white, but I can scratch my head until they arrive.....

3 weeks later
#2131 7 years ago

Just got my EL backed hinges assembled and installed....sweet!!! Pics as promised...Welcome to the Twilight Zone!!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2132 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

On the Great Lakes Modular directions on installing the mini pf switch kit it says to remove 2 wires (white & green) from the switches. I see a 2 green with a yellow stripe & a blue.
Where are the white & green wires? I asked GLM but haven't heard from them. This is a well made mod. This is supposed to be the easy part.

An absolute quality product and looks great...however, the word " easy" and phrase " modifying upper playfield on TZ" are an absolute oxymoron .....I wired the second set of contacts on the switch to other lights, installed lit star posts for GI and Flash up there, finished w clear plexi sheet underneath instead of the cardboard. One of the toughest f**king mods I've ever done...hope mine lasts forever, as I have no desire to take it back apart....ever....

#2135 7 years ago

It was pointed out on other thread they left the f**king "I" out of the cut....got from pinball center in Germany ...Ill have them send another set, or take to local machine shop to add the letter....shit....never saw it...

#2138 7 years ago

I used EL paper behind the cutout...like my IM and Tronle hinge and rail mods....looks cool..
I'll get the spelling sorted...obviously not paying attention ( been known to do that...ask my Wife)

#2139 7 years ago

Nice to know I got at set without the "I" cutout...I'm sure they'll make it right. ..all the hard work done...take me 20 minutes total to swap them out....

#2142 7 years ago

Updated pics ( added the " I" myself w Dremel ).....

#2144 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

DId you make that or buy it. I would like one.

A guy used to sell them, but can't remember who....made mine using cardboard as template....really looks good, as the inside GI lights the area nicely...

4 months later
#2793 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

I have not heard much lately about the "Twilight Zone Door Panel Insert Board".
Is this still something that would be worth purchasing? For those who have this.... does it make the game look awesome?

Added to mine some time back....I really like the effect....

1 year later
#5004 6 years ago

Ok.....I'm too lazy to look through the pages.....proper color for piano lights? Yellow on top, or Red? I've got yellow on top, and watching in attract mode, think I'm backwards....thanks guys.....

#5006 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I believe it’s yellow closest to the flippers, red towards the backbox

I've got the piano mod where they are on top of each other.....embarrassed as they both popped out during gameplay last week, and I can't remember which one went on top....forgot to use a dab of hot melt on those to hold them in place...suspect being it's not factory doesn't really matter, but my OCD kicking in...

#5008 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I ziptied mine together, and just use one screw to keep them in, but they still do pop out every once in a while

Agreed....usually happens during a good ball...then the decision....do I finish the ball, and let the bulb vanish into oblivion, or just drain? I've done both...usually accompanied w profanity.....

#5010 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I once replaced a flipper coil on a flipper stuck upright in the middle of a game on my CFTBL. Must have been in between balls, but I got grand champion!

Sweet!!!!

2 months later
#5561 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Finally joined the club. Been number one on the wishlist since I started the hobby.

Congrats!!!! An amazing machine, easily holding it's own to this day (currently kicking my ass lately).....

#5563 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I got lost in the zone last night for the first time ever! I’m just an average player so I was pretty pumped. This one will never leave.

Had amazing scores...let my batteries die, haven't even got back on the board...LITZ is amazing!!!!

1 year later
#6907 5 years ago

My beloved TZ is currently in HEP land...Anxious for it to come home ( next to it's HEP TAF)...The world will then be right again...

IMG_20190309_215854137 (resized).jpgIMG_20190309_215854137 (resized).jpg
#6909 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

... and you have the IGP topper. I have been looking for that for 5 years. Glad you recognise how awesome a game TZ is.. but screw you! Haha

These 2 games will always be the cornerstone of this hobby for me...(took me some time to find this topper, years ago...)

#6921 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

That will be a nice pair. May I ask where your mats came from?

Found on e-bay several years ago.....I'm always scouring in the collectibles section.....bought the bar stools there too (think those are still being made)

#6923 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Yes I got my BBB stool from that guy I think. Looks great. I'll have to look for the mats.

yep, same guy.. (got him to make an AFM version, as well)..if you find the mats, lmk (I'll keep looking too)...would like a spare set...

#6924 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Yes I got my BBB stool from that guy I think. Looks great. I'll have to look for the mats.

Your Avatar and machine are awesome....time for a colordmd (if you haven't done it already)...bet it would look killer on BBB (looks great on everything, actually)..

#6929 5 years ago
Quoted from Ijpinball:

?NEED HELP Want to get a color dmd
LED or LCD

I like LCD, as I am a HIRES guy...LED version is brighter, but can only do dots, and fits more machines, I believe...

1 year later
#8495 4 years ago

I don't visit this thread as much as I should (game has been solid for some time), but calling out to all TZ faithful to overcome the mighty MM w your votes:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-4-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition

No remakes, IPDB #1 forever until recently.....vote!!!! fun way to take our minds off the obvious for a moment.....

#8497 4 years ago

While I'm in the thread, what is the average time for battery changeout (alkalines) ? Just changed mine today as I noticed the clock was way off. Had the game for years, but always seem to be running on the edge...

Will use the maintenance log and set my outlook scheduler accordingly....thanks for the help (seems this game runs through them, and not sure if lithium will give noticeable improvement in life on this game).....

#8499 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep, I was coming in here to say the same thing. Let’s hope TZ can close the gap, it’s not very far apart now.

Too funny!!!! It is doable...2 days left..

#8501 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I have had my lithium in for years. I checked the voltage recently and there was only a slight drop from new! I have lithium in all my pins.

hmm...I'll give them a go again....that was my thought, but recall them not lasting in this game awhile back....

#8504 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Honestly? I don't care how long they COULD last. I replace them every year, to prevent leaks.

That's my true question. Sounds like alkalines yearly makes TZ a happy game.

Think I'll be updating my maintenance logs for all my games. NVRAM in some...

How long do the "watch" batteries last? Prudent to change those yearly too?

#8537 4 years ago

Last shameless post...need 12 votes in under 4.5 hours!!!

1 year later
#11554 2 years ago

Merry Christmas to all lost in the Zone!

1 year later
#13641 1 year ago

Shameless bump (don't post that often in here anymore, as my TZ simply rocks...

I like Godzilla, but....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-4-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition-2023

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 22.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=MK6PIN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.