IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kerry_Richard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12119 2 years ago

I too own both TZ & TAF. I love them both.

I'll have my TZ up for sale soon, tho. I'm installing new RadCals shortly.

I'm in Northern Calif (40 miles East of San Francisco).

Kerry

3 months later
#12535 1 year ago
Quoted from Crazyrayray113:

Hey all! I’m super new here and not sure if this is the right place for this post but I figured I would give it a shot. My dad and I used to play on his Twilight Zone machine all the time together. He was an engineer of sorts and he took very good care of the machine with regular tinkering and maintenance. It was a labor of love for him. After he passed away, the game sat untouched for over a year, but I finally turned it on again for the first time a few weeks ago. It’s in need of some TLC and I was wondering if anyone here could help me with pointers on maintaining and repairing this particular machine. I’ve done some research but this is very new to me. I have managed to clean it up and diagnose a few issues, but I’m stumped by some flipper malfunctions. Only one of the four flippers seems to work properly. The two right flippers are notably weak. The clock shot is basically impossible. I ran through the flipper coil test and they all seemed to function normally with the power test, but with the hold test, three out of four barely budged. I’m not sure what this means or if it’s an easy fix but I would love some insight. Many thanks in advance!

Welcome to the Club

Idea: if you're comfortable with posting your location... maybe someone would chime in offering to come by and assist you in getting your TZ dialed in.

I know "if" you were close to me, I'd be there to help.

Kerry

3 weeks later
#12674 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Lot of work, but very happy with how this turned out. Couple more lighting tweaks, wiring to machine with some relays, and getting a proper eye sticker made for the pyramid, but happy to finally have this on the machine (and the civilians in the house are even happier to have the kitchen counter back

Looks good... it's awesome to do mods to our games.

Note: my buddy put a large champagne bottle of all things, on top his ToM. Over a period of time, it moved and walked off the top, crashing down onto his game... Lots of Damage

Suggestion to secure the heavier pieces, so they can't move, especially with a heavy nugger

3 weeks later
#12820 1 year ago
Quoted from Frogroar:

Is this OK to do in terms of resale value, or a big no-no?

Some guys like white legs & armor on their games like TZ & WH20. It's not for me however, if you like it that's all that matters.

BTW: I feel a white powder coated TZ or WH20 would be worth less in value to me, than those games having their standard stainless steel finish.

Kerry

1 month later
#13126 1 year ago

Mikespinball your TZ with RadCals and black armor, looks awesome!

Suggestion: IMHO change the chrome leg bolts to black, for the complete package.

Kerry

#13136 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Thanks Kerry, I thought of changing the leg bolts to black, but kind of like them chrome as it brakes it up a bit.
Hey, if I remember correctly you bought a Champion Pub and a Junkyard from me a few years ago. Do you still have the machines? Kind of miss them.

WOW, small world... I didn't realize that was you, and "Yes" still have them both.

Kerry

1 week later
#13191 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

What is the easiest and safest way to create holes in radcals (for bolts) without ruining the radcals? Exacto knife? Drill?

I've done many RadCals... this is what I use with my Dremel for all button holes & shooter openings. It's a 1/8" flush cut trim router bit. It does the cleanest, nicest and quickest holes with no mistakes. Note: I will lightly sand the hole / opening out first (before painting it) to clean off any burs that would mimic the flush cut drill process onto my RadCal.

https://www.toolstoday.com/v-12109-mr0105.html?glCountry=US&glCurrency=USD&ne_ppc_id=17660118906&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3c6it57e-wIVcTStBh0E2AD9EAQYAiABEgILr_D_BwE

All the other bolts, just a new sharp box cutter blade in a hand tool to cut out. It's forgiving because the head on bolt will cover any reasonable marks.

BTW: I don't like the button holes pre cut as you have to use them as the alignment for the entire RadCal. I ask and prefer them not predrilled for that reason.

#13206 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

This is riveted to the apron. I was thinking of removing it but not sure if it's worth the hassle. Why would this be here? Distributor id#?

@Scoot, IMHO that operator ID tag sticks out like a sore thumb

If this was my TZ... I would remove that ID tag, and consider filling holes, then paint (easiest) or powder coat apron, then install new decal stickers and make it go away.

1 month later
#13339 1 year ago

Re CPR mirrored backglass's... I bought one for my IJ. IMO, it's way to deep orange/redish. I actually put my translite back in

4 months later
#13970 11 months ago

Re: RadCals...

Even "if" you don't sand to the wood (which is what I would do), I'd sand (lightly rough up w/ 120-150 grit) surface and spray or even as last resort, roll on (then lightly sand again) an enamel paint to seal and hide any old artwork. This because; if you don't and install the RadCals you very well may see the old artwork thru your new RadCals. Not a chance I'd be willing to take.

As they say: "an ounce of prevention, is worth a pound of cure"

Just my .02 worth and I've installed many RadCals and decals too.

#13981 11 months ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

I can't figure out how to remove the flipper buttons.

2 ways for me:

1) Use a large socket for nut on inside. You can turn it by hand.
2) use needle nose pylers (grab edge of nut) to gently turn nut.

#13982 11 months ago

Thanks for sharing this! That's what I'm talking about. You can see the old artwork thru new RadCal.

pasted_imageYou can see artwork thru RadCal (resized).pngpasted_imageYou can see artwork thru RadCal (resized).png
5 months later
#14699 5 months ago

Caution... measure twice, cut once!

Mad Dog suggesting 1/2" hole (amazon link) and jrclmc is suggesting 3/4" hole per his link.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,059.00
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kerry_Richard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=Kerry_Richard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.