image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jimmyapple.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2419 7 years ago

Hi all. I just joined the club and picked up a TZ in decent shape but needs some love. Going to tear it down and give a good deep cleaning. There are a few things I could really use help with:
1) clock is broken. It moves correctly on test but not in game. I think from what I've read it's the board. Where's the best place to get one?
2) the game randomly resets into test mode. Not all the time but sometimes mid play.
3) I need a new/spare speaker panel. Anything available under 150? Or know how to fix a dent in the plastic?
4) flippers work but bottom ones are weak. Do I rebuild or something else?
5) inside the door to the left on the bottom of the game there's a random connector like a flipper button. One wire is broken off. Anyone know what's this part to? Here's a couple pics.

Thanks ahead of time. And if anyone knows of spare mods I will like to purchase some along the way. Pm me for those. Thanks!

Jimmy

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2423 7 years ago

For the spam switch, should I completely detach the wires and wrap them or let them be? One is attached now. Thanks.

#2424 7 years ago

Sorry, slam switch.

#2428 7 years ago

Its going into the boot screen where it shows your errors and everything stops working (flippers, sounds, etc.). I have a broken clock that I ordered the fix for by recommendation from Lermod. But I don't know why that would cause a mid game reset. Thoughts?

#2431 7 years ago

Thanks. The cab is filthy so I am in the process of cleaning it out. Going to take some work so I will reset and see if that helps. Will be a chore to get back in shape. Not going to let this one die though.

#2434 7 years ago

i switched my flipper opts boards with no change in weak left flipper. I'm confused because they are the stronger 11629's. Should I take those to the recommended mid strength coils? Don't know why I would be having a problem with weakness if they're the stronger coils unless it's causing the game to malfunction. Any help would be great.

#2437 7 years ago

I'll take some and post tomorrow. Thanks again

#2438 7 years ago

Here are the pics. Thanks- flipper coils and optos.

#2442 7 years ago

Is it worth breaking down the assemblies and cleaning them or simply replace? What do you use for parts cleaning vs table cleaning? Thanks- I'll take the spring off tonight and give a shot. Also probably should at minimum replace sleeves.

#2446 7 years ago

Thanks all. I have a few things to try and will be posting results. They are so dirty I need to prob rebuild them just to clean them. As it stands now only the cleanest shot will get the ball up the ramps, otherwise it comes back. Ill paint the white on the optos, take the second spring off and then review how to ultimately rebuild these guys.

#2447 7 years ago

I took off the spring and painted the opto and it is much better. Only thing now is that they feel a little "loose" but I can work on that over time. Thanks all- at least playable for now. Except for that test issue. When I get some time I'll review the WPC threads and try to fix that. Thanks again all. Buy y'all a beer if u r ever in Annapolis.

#2463 7 years ago

Please help- serious flasher problem. In the middle of an led switch and was testing them when two flashers were "stuck on". One melted in half. Any ideas??

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2465 7 years ago

Well main ground in back of wasn't screwed down. Probably not good. Just got the game. What else should I check?

#2466 7 years ago

This one wasn't screwed down. Would that be my culprit?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#2524 7 years ago

Does anyone know why LEDs would slightly dim when flippers are used? I just installed the ultimate pinballbulbs led kit with the two LED strips. I never had this problem before but when I use the flippers they dim slightly and then come back full strength. Its not a huge issue unless you are repeatedly hitting the flippers but kinda annoying, especially when you just paid 200$+ for them. Thanks for the help.

Jimmy

#2530 7 years ago

I put the strip in 116 and the DMD went crazy. I unplugged it and put it in the 117 and now they dim slightly. Ill take them out and see what happens later tonight. Just weird.

1 week later
#2613 7 years ago

Does anyone have an extra TZ speaker panel. Everywhere is out of stock. Thanks. Pm me please!
Jimmy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.50
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1,059.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jimmyapple.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=Jimmyapple and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.