IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HC2016.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8575 4 years ago

At last ....

DADF9962-1993-48C3-B4FB-9689192DA2E9 (resized).jpegDADF9962-1993-48C3-B4FB-9689192DA2E9 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#8603 3 years ago

Never realized the difficulty with the multiballs ... you need to accurately aim most shots without draining or try to capture and hold ... I would say the most challenging of most games I’ve played . Still a diamond , I love it .

#8626 3 years ago

Tech question if anyone could help ...
Trouble : balls not loading into shooter lane .
Ckd all switches , no faults anywhere .
Narrowed it down to a defective proximity switch in the trough
(Failing intermittently)
Removed the 2 small boards that hold the sensor . Bench tested and working as designed.
Anyone ever have this problem or know anything about this ?

#8628 3 years ago
Quoted from Parker_tz:

Solder on the wires to the proximity boards to get them to work all the time. The proximity boards just tell the game if it is a powerball of a regular ball. I think it is a ball shooter lane feeder assembly issue. The proximity boards could be another issue. Do a solenoid test and see if the feeder coil fires also check if the spring fell off.[quoted image]

During the solenoid test , it works fine . Starts out fast during the test , gradually adding more time between active test . Ckd the spring and that’s ok . So that proximity switch that detects the ball waiting to be ejected out is just for the PB ?

#8629 3 years ago

Also to add , when it did get activated during play , it seemed like it didn’t have enough force to eject the ball out . It was popping but not enough to eject the ball . Then sometimes it wouldn’t work at all .

#8631 3 years ago

Ok thanks fellas .. yes I see now it only detects the PB . I have the sensor and board out and it played fine ( with the exception no PB detection ) The feeder assembly is working fine too . I had a technician inspect it and he says the assembly looks good (connections and solenoid) and there is no binding . It’s working now kicking the ball out very fast with no hesitation . But it’s intermittent so it will happen again . I’m thinking it’s the solenoid also , getting weaker as the game continues to play , but the tech thinks otherwise . During the test mode , is it normal that the solenoids activate quickly then began to have more time between activation ?

#8633 3 years ago

Thanks for the help .. I found sw #17 in the trough not registering a ball . All the balls in , during sw test showed closed . Only one open was 17 . I tweaked it a lil . Seems to be working now . We’ll see and I hope lol

2 weeks later
#8648 3 years ago

Rudy puking is the best ... a diamond touch

#8656 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Crimony!
Had a mediocre couple of games this evening. Still the master badass game ever.

“Ever” indeed ... I’m gonna wake this game up tonight , disturbing all who sleep

1 week later
#8714 3 years ago
CB2DB7D2-2342-48B9-B0E3-B54ACB72EAD7 (resized).jpegCB2DB7D2-2342-48B9-B0E3-B54ACB72EAD7 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#8938 3 years ago

Having an issue with ball getting hung up leaving mini playfield ... Dropping down getting hung up on top of the metal flange . Seems like it’s not moving back to its original position. I bent it back and was working for a few days .. now it’s hanging up again . Looks like the metal gate is hanging up . Maybe needs lubrication ? Just wanna see if anyone has have the same problem

#8941 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I'm confused by the metal gate comment. A picture showing the problem area might help. First thing that came to mind for me is your balls are magnetized and need replaced.

There’s a metal diverter at the entrance where the ball will drop down to the subway . Ball enters there 3 ways , one when ball is discharged from gumball machine , one when dropping down from mini playfield , and one from the camera shot . Balls aren’t magnetized... looks like the metal diverter at the entrance of this hole leading down to the subway is not moving freely . Hope I explained it better . I’ll post a pic later if not

#8943 3 years ago

Yep that’s it

#8945 3 years ago

Ok , thanks a lot

#8947 3 years ago

@ Manny65

That’s exactly what happened , one weld was faulty , so there was movement on the deflector , causing the ball to hang up . I bent it some more , so if it does move , it won’t affect the ball dropping down into the subway .
I tested it over and over and so far it’s ok . Thanks again for the help

#8949 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I suggest you re-weld that bracket, otherwise over time it'll fatigue the remaining weld and break that deflector off. This part would be hard to replace and better & easier to repair now when there is minimal damage

Yep I will definitely look to do that as that deflector takes a beating from the upper flipper camera shot , thanks again

3 weeks later
#9024 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

This may have already been answered in this forum but with 9K entries, it will take me awhile to work through them. I noticed that if I tell my game to load 4 balls to the gumball, it will comply and load them but then it wont load a ball to the shooter lane at game start and it just runs continuous ball searches, and I clearly see two in the trough; the question I have is how does the game know how many balls are in the gumball machine?

Not sure about the amount , but if your game is looking for balls , and you see balls in the trough , do a switch test for the trough . A switch may be faulty .

2 weeks later
#9047 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Should have started here. I’m looking at buying a HUO 2nd owner Twilight Zone, will have to buy it remote and ship it. What do I have photographed or do I need to see a video of before buying it? The gum-ball machine and what else? I know I need to look at the batteries in the back box to make sure they haven’t leaked. The play field and cabinet look nice. This is a dream machine for me I don’t want to screw this up. Also is there anything part wise that you can no longer get?

Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Should have started here. I’m looking at buying a HUO 2nd owner Twilight Zone, will have to buy it remote and ship it. What do I have photographed or do I need to see a video of before buying it? The gum-ball machine and what else? I know I need to look at the batteries in the back box to make sure they haven’t leaked. The play field and cabinet look nice. This is a dream machine for me I don’t want to screw this up. Also is there anything part wise that you can no longer get?

This is a very complex game and I wouldn’t advise buying it un-seen unless it’s thru a friend . The reason why I’m saying this is because TZ usually brings big money because of its ranking ... so that would result in a big loss for you if it was a lemon .
Clock , Gumball , magnets , and PB sensors are to be considered .
Good luck with your purchase , hope it works out for you as this is a great game .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.50
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 132.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HC2016.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=HC2016 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.