Eddy board (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 8.44.39 AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 5.00.06 PM (resized).png
IMG_9941 (resized).JPG
IMG_9939 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fanatic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from seiman:

What do you think about how I fed my Gumball Machine?

IMG_2850[1].JPG 2 MB

Nice touch! I was preparing to do exactly the same thing!
The steel balls are more in-line with the back-glass art. There are no colored gumballs featured in any of the playfield or back-glass art so far as I can tell (save for the "loose" gumballs depicted on the gumball's plastic apron/ escutcheon). Good eye!
I especially like the icy blue tint you've given the feature. Once again, in keeping with the back-glass art and that overall "icy", cold, appearance - looks great.
Well done in keeping true to the depicted art.

Will post mine after I finish getting everything squared away. I've got a new gumball diverter and pcb setup constructed to replace the OEM part. Now, just bread-boarding different colors / color temp leds to find that perfect effect.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

This thread is already epic because I thought there was no fix to the slot machine target, as I have never seen an unbent one.
Now I now you can replace it with a reinforced target. Sweet.

Those targets are available from here:
http://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm#pbre

I recommend further enhancement of these targets. After installation of the slot target, the nuts began to vibrate off of the back side. Just add a castellated washer under the nut and a shot of loc-tite to prevent loosening. I caught the problem just in the nick of time.

I also see complaints regarding the slot machine kickout.
The original weldment tabs have a tendency to break and you cannot see this break without prying the slot scoop with your fingers and checking the tabs for damage. If broken, simply take the scoop to a professional welder who specializes in stainless steel (restaurant equipment suppliers are a good resource for recommendations). I paid $40 USD for the repairs - I had them place three 1/4" welds per side on the scoop. You might get a better deal but these guys did a perfect job for the price. After repair, the ball hits the right flipper - every time without deviation.

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Can you just verify that its those same hex head screws used for everything else? I assume it is. I'm contemplating just rotating the bracket a few degrees and putting new screws in - extracting the old ones and then filling/re-drilling seems a little unnecessary now that I've thought about it.

I just went and checked by removing one of the screws.
It is exactly the same as all of the other 1/4" head x 5/8" wood screws for mounting all other coil brackets.
Your proposed fix should work perfectly. I checked the mechanism and there is a little play which will allow slight rotation of its mounting position.

1 week later
#129 10 years ago
Quoted from flipper_fever76:

So yeah, in the club now. Love TZ, been on my hit list for quite a while. Was fortunate enough to make a deal w/ a local pinsider as well. Always makes things easier when it's local. I got a question for some of the veteran TZ owners, the divertor bounce back...gotta say, kind of a pain in the ass. I've seen the magnet fix on ebay but if there was another option, seems to me like this would be one of the first things to straighten out.

Here is a pic of my home-done fix.
Neodymium magnets were purchased in the hardware section of Home Depot.
One of the disc magnets was glued to the packaging pillow included by the manufacturer. The "pillow" or pad is used to add spacing to the magnets during handling and reduces the magnet's pull.
I've put this fix through several hundred cycles and it seems to work perfectly on the steel pinballs.

Another fix is to reduce the play in the mechanism by adding a washer to each side of the pivot point beneath the c-clip which holds the hinge pin in place. This helps with the Powerball - but I still get some random ejects from the carriage.

IMG_0775.JPGIMG_0775.JPG IMG_0776.JPGIMG_0776.JPG
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#139 10 years ago

Finally finished my mods. Here are some pics.
Everything is custom constructed from the models which were provided to me by the original owner at sale. Said another way, I was provided with the toys - I had to add the "works" and install them.
While I was at it, I constructed an 8x8 wiring harness to give access to the lamp matrix. Disconnects were provided for service/removal purposes. Un-used conductors were simply capped off for possible future use or later simple removal should they prove unnecessary.

Camera.JPGCamera.JPG El Roboto, Roberto.JPGEl Roboto, Roberto.JPG Gumball.JPGGumball.JPG Piano.JPGPiano.JPG Rocket Hack.JPGRocket Hack.JPG Wiring harness i.JPGWiring harness i.JPG Wiring harness ii.JPGWiring harness ii.JPG Mod disconnects.JPGMod disconnects.JPG
#154 10 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

How do you jump to the LITZ mode? I would like to give it a try.
Thanks

As noted above:
Press and hold the buy-in button any time during game play.
Then hit the Slot Machine or the Player Piano.

There is also a pause feature.
During game play you can trap the ball on either flipper.
While holding the flipper (and the trapped ball), press the buy-in button to pause game play for up to 15 minutes.
Reverse procedure to resume game play.

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

What does plug and play mean? No soldering.

Plug-and-Play generally means "no expert knowledge required for operation/ installation".
I would assume that the car is pre-wired - lighting circuits properly engineered for correct game interface.
I would also assume that the car is provided with a disconnecting means - most likely a way to plug the car into a nearby flasher socket for easy addition/removal.

I've been looking for the model as my next project.
The flasher lamp in the town square has a tendency to wander out from under the plastic after game play. This car could be a perfect way to manage that little inconvenience without having to re-rivet the lamp socket or replace the plastic/lamp socket combo.
Does this happen to anyone else?

Also, if someone could steer me toward a scale model, I would be most grateful. The words "some assembly required" are music to my ears.

2 months later
#201 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

My game is "clock broken", but it looks like it is working. Where do I start?

Here are some articles which may help:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-clock-broken
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-clock-not-working
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-clock-is-broken

I hope this helps guide you to a solution.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fanatic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=Fanatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.