image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AndHart120.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2525 7 years ago

Just joined this club 2 days ago and I am currently adding a cointaker LED set that came with it. Looks like I will have a lot of cleaning to do in the back of the playfield but really excited to have one these! Didn't expect to at all!

I have the switch 26 error and I am hoping that eliminating the plugs that cause the issue with just soldering the wires will do the trick.

#2535 7 years ago
Quoted from Timmah:

Switch 26 appears to be the trough opto. You can try cleaning it, but it looks like you might want to get one of these if it just doesn't work any more (though I am far from an expert):
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16533-PP

It appears to be working. However I believe I blew out the mini playfield optos with a wrong plug so now I'll have to replace those. Ugh.

1 month later
#2783 7 years ago

Does anyone have the lighted flipper buttons in their TZ? I am thinking about buying these and am stuck deciding if I should get the Blacklight or Blue color.

2 months later
#3074 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Just installed the Pinsound board + Flipper Fidelity backbox speaker & sub upgrade w/ the 2.1 Stereo wiring harness. Loaded the Chris Granner remix sound file.. and wow... TZ sounds SO much better this way. I know its a pricey upgrade, but it transforms the machine.

Try out the other mixes that are available too! It's fun to try them all out! I'm currently working on bumping up the volume in the Granner mix since it's so much quieter than the other mix files.

#3077 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Will do in the next week or two !

Good idea- because the startup sound is WAYYY too loud and the pots on the board need to be cranked to sound good. You can have multiple mixes on the same USB stick, right?

Yes I have 5 mixes on my USB right now with plenty of space still available:

TZ Original
TZ Granner
TZ Granner w Golden Earring
TZ Kitzrow
TZ Horror Mix

#3078 7 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

-
- To do a quick boost of the audio files, just put a gain.txt into the root of whatever directory where you want the boost/reduction to occur. So, if Granner's mix is globally too low and you've got more than one mix on your USB stick, just stick the file in the root of his mix. Strictly from memory (so, you may want to double-check me on this), inside the gain.txt you simply put a value from 1-20. 1-10 reduces the volume (1 being the most and 10 being no reduction) and 11 - 20 boosts the audio (20 being the most).

Seriously that's all I need to do? Wow and I have been wasting so much time doing a batch conversion on all the wav files then going in and deleting all folders it throws the edited files in! I'll try that when I get home.

#3084 7 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

- Try out Kitzrow's remix of the original sounds. It's my favorite.
- To do a quick boost of the audio files, just put a gain.txt into the root of whatever directory where you want the boost/reduction to occur. So, if Granner's mix is globally too low and you've got more than one mix on your USB stick, just stick the file in the root of his mix. Strictly from memory (so, you may want to double-check me on this), inside the gain.txt you simply put a value from 1-20. 1-10 reduces the volume (1 being the most and 10 being no reduction) and 11 - 20 boosts the audio (20 being the most).

I must be missing something. I made a gain.txt and put it in the root directory for the Granner mix. I tried the extreme of 20 and didn't notice any difference at all. Is that the only text that should be in the gain.txt? The number?

#3086 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Not in the root directory. In the specific folder of the sound or track you want to edit. Basically you need to create many .txt files, one for each folder you want to edit.
Yes, just a number from 1 to 20 as text.

Ok got it thanks!

2 weeks later
#3109 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Pay just for shipping?!?! Sounds like I've got a brand new topper and a new wall sign for the bar!
https://vintagily.com/search?type=product&q=twilight+zone

You can buy these for $12.99 with free shipping from AliExpress.com. I ordered mine around Christmas and am waiting for it now. Of course all this stuff is from China and takes a long time to ship.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/492032531.html

#3116 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Is this big enough to use as a topper?

I'll find out soon enough since that's why I bought one! I ordered on December 23 and I am still waiting for it. This is the downside to ordering this ultra cheap stuff, it takes forever to get here.

1 month later
#3286 7 years ago

Which PBL LEDs did you order? I use 3 led and 4 SMD from there in my games. The ablaze 1 LEDs are real dim, at least the concave clear ones I got were. I never tried frosted.

Oddly enough I don't have PBL LEDs in TZ since it came with a set of comets I believe. Some of the ones in the set were incorrect though so I replaced them with PBLs.

2 years later
#6984 5 years ago

Did anyone here buy a CPR mirrored backglass? I got mine yesterday and didn’t realize the plastic channels from the translite won’t work. Which ones did you buy?

#6986 5 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

Actually, the plastic channels Do work. The CPR glass is the same thickness as the original Plain Glass on your game.
Remove the Plastic Channels and set aside.
Remove the Original Glass and Translite....Put them away, you won't be using the Original Glass anymore.
Put the CPR Backglass in place.
Use the Original Plastic Channels to secure.
Done.

They aren’t the same thickness. At least mine isn’t. If it was, I wouldn’t have posted this here after trying to slide them on. When I put the translite back together it easily slid back together. The CPR glass did not.

1 year later
#8860 3 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Man, just finished doing a playfield swap on the mini playfield. HOLY CRAP is that a PITA. There is ssssooooo much stuff packed into one tiny space on that damn thing. Plus I had the hair brain idea to put those post lamps under the posts. Like I needed more wires! Then layer on the mods and it was nuts.
Okay rant off now. Just thought I would throw it out there for anyone who is thinking of taking such project on

I swapped mine a few days ago. Took about 4-5 hours to do. I was also buffing out parts as I went along. Turned out great!

BC427439-B398-4ABE-9319-824CDA000938 (resized).jpegBC427439-B398-4ABE-9319-824CDA000938 (resized).jpeg
2 years later
#12963 1 year ago

Hello,

Maybe someone here can help troubleshoot this because I don’t know what to try next. I had been having intermittent problems with opto switch 84 (Lock middle). At first I thought it may have been dirty since this game was filthy years ago when I got it, so I pulled the whole thing and cleaned it. After putting everything back together it worked for a few games and then closed again. I tried cleaning again with a cotton swab while in the switch test and when touching the opto, it came back for a little while then went back out again. I figured maybe this opto was bad so I decided to replace both the middle and upper opto while I was there. After the replacement the same problem exists. I tried reseating plugs, checking for loose wires, nothing I could come up with to trigger that opto. Anyone have any ideas of other things I could check with this? All other optos work fine.

The giveaway to this switch not working is apparent right when you turn the machine on. The pop eject back near those switches trying popping a couple times since it thinks a ball is in the location of this opto. This then causes problems if you try playing with two balls ejecting at certain times.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 14.95
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 132.00
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AndHart120.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=AndHart120 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.