IMG_6425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240406_221516459 (resized).jpg
IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,213 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 305.
#4901 6 years ago

Strange.
Attached to the ramp, I have:

1 2-pin connector for the entrance switch that has its own hole near the entrance
1 2-pin connector for the middle switch that uses the hole that you described
1 6-pin connector that uses the hole that you described
The famous 4-pin connector that is in the zone that I marked in red and thus wires are not long enough to return to the hole that you described.

#4902 6 years ago

Ok found. It's in fact the connector in which you plug the "Shoot here to load Gumball W/lit" lights.

Thank you for your help.

#4903 6 years ago

Scrolling through Craigslist ads and ran across this photo in a Twilight Zone ad...talk amongst yourselves!

479E49CA-CA8E-4893-9A3E-CDA10415E73C (resized).jpeg479E49CA-CA8E-4893-9A3E-CDA10415E73C (resized).jpeg

#4904 6 years ago

"Needs a good shop job!"

#4905 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Scrolling through Craigslist ads

Hate seeing faded cabs! BAM has cabinet decals in stock.

#4906 6 years ago

Scrolling through Craigslist ads and ran across this photo in a Twilight Zone ad...talk amongst yourselves!

LMFAO! What the heck?!! That’s hilarious, i can only imagine what story is behind that photo.

#4907 6 years ago

My center lock opto is really finicky. I align it and a few games later its off. Anyone have any ideas/tips?

#4908 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

My center lock opto is really finicky. I align it and a few games later its off. Anyone have any ideas/tips?

Cold solder joints. Reflow the solder on them and see if that makes them work consistently.

#4909 6 years ago

You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone... (watch your back for yetis and spiderman)

#4910 6 years ago

I need to replace my inside cabinet decals, somehow the previous owner chewed them up. Does anyone know where this exact set might be available? The ones on Pinball Decals are different. Also any advice on how to remove these safely and place new ones on. Thanks in advance for any info.

EDIT: They are from the Modfather.

IMG_3574 (resized).jpgIMG_3574 (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpgIMG_3575 (resized).jpg

#4911 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I need to replace my inside cabinet decals, somehow the previous owner chewed them up. Does anyone know where this exact set might be available? The ones on Pinball Decals are different. Also any advice on how to remove these safely and place new ones on. Thanks in advance for any info.
EDIT: They are from the Modfather.

You should also take a look at these: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1073-sillyoldelf-mods/01073-twilight-zone-custom-high-resolution-playfield-decals

They perfectly match the playfield art - not only in style; but, in the actual locations. It's like the playfield extends to the walls.

#4912 6 years ago

I had a really weird thing happen with my TZ last night..... My ball lock popper solenoid has need adjustment for some time, so last night I finally did it. After putting the game back together, (drop PF, reinstall balls, glass lockbar) I played a few games and during game play, the entire game died. Now, I have color DMD installed, so it's screen was lit, but all black. I cycled the power, and still the game was in the same state. Powered down, unplugged the game, removed the backglass and went through all plugs, ribbon cables and re-seated them all. I then pressed on all socketed chips on both sound board and CPU including the ASIC.... Turned the game back on, and worked fine. I did have the vertical bars in the display, but after screwing with the ribbon cables, I fixed that too.

I then played about 10 games, and it all seems fine.

Any Ideas?

EDIT: It was definitely the TWILIGHT ZONE!

#4913 6 years ago

My secondary ball launch (where multi-balls are automatically launched from) isn't powerful enough for the ball to make it all the way around and often drops back into the rocket launch. Any thoughts on what might be causing this would be greatly appreciated!

#4914 6 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

You should also take a look at these: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1073-sillyoldelf-mods/01073-twilight-zone-custom-high-resolution-playfield-decals
They perfectly match the playfield art - not only in style; but, in the actual locations. It's like the playfield extends to the walls.

These are great, thank's for the tip!

#4915 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

My secondary ball launch (where multi-balls are automatically launched from) isn't powerful enough for the ball to make it all the way around and often drops back into the rocket launch. Any thoughts on what might be causing this would be greatly appreciated!

Coil sleeve, bad kicker arm plunger, bad coil, gunk in the kicker arm. Take it apart, rebuild it.

#4916 6 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I had a really weird thing happen with my TZ last night..... My ball lock popper solenoid has need adjustment for some time,
EDIT: It was definitely the TWILIGHT ZONE!

That's wild. Mine was losing balls and I thought the same thing!

#4917 6 years ago

... and I'm out of the club. I've had a sample TZ in my gameroom 'on long term loan' for about 18 months but the owner was ready to reclaim it so I delivered it to them this weekend. The good - it was in pretty bad shape when I got it and I brought it up to snuff in a lot of areas. The bad - I think I'm going to miss having it downstairs. My Kickstarter that ends tomorrow was partially inspired by the pyramid references on the game. Oh well, maybe it will come back to me some day!

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit
-check out my Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2111218102/pinball-pyramid?ref=bcsjqr

#4918 6 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

... and I'm out of the club. I've had a sample TZ in my gameroom 'on long term loan' for about 18 months but the owner was ready to reclaim it so I delivered it to them this weekend. The good - it was in pretty bad shape when I got it and I brought it up to snuff in a lot of areas. The bad - I think I'm going to miss having it downstairs. My Kickstarter that ends tomorrow was partially inspired by the pyramid references on the game. Oh well, maybe it will come back to me some day!

If you ever head west, lemme know. You're welcome to get your fix on mine!

#4919 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

If you ever head west, lemme know. You're welcome to get your fix on mine!

That was yours at York this year, just a few games down from where my vendor booth was set up, right? It was awesome!

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit
-check out my Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2111218102/pinball-pyramid?ref=bcsjqr

#4920 6 years ago

Help needed please. Was playing a game and the screen did this and the flippers stopped working. I turned it off and back on the the screen goes blank all the way now. I can start a game but the ball will not eject and flippers will not work. sounds work as should but random coils just start firing(not the flippers)????? If I eject a ball manually games seams to work but I still can't use the flippers. I can also get into test modes but can't test anything as I can't see the screen.

IMG_0041 (resized).JPGIMG_0041 (resized).JPG

#4921 6 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

That was yours at York this year, just a few games down from where my vendor booth was set up, right? It was awesome!

Yup! I'm still working out the little bugs it picked up at the show, too..!

Quoted from Lawnboy:

Help needed please. Was playing a game and the screen did this and the flippers stopped working. I turned it off and back on the the screen goes blank all the way now. I can start a game but the ball will not eject and flippers will not work. sounds work as should but random coils just start firing(not the flippers)????? If I eject a ball manually games seams to work but I still can't use the flippers. I can also get into test modes but can't test anything as I can't see the screen.

Your +12v is likely out, depending on *which* coils are firing.

#4922 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yup! I'm still working out the little bugs it picked up at the show, too..!

Your +12v is likely out, depending on *which* coils are firing.

Where can I test that?

#4923 6 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Where can I test that?

Check all voltages on your power driver board. There should be test points (TPs) for the voltages on the board. Assuming you have the WPC board. If you have another make (Rottendog, etc) then you'd have to check with their documentation.

#4924 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Check all voltages on your power driver board. There should be test points (TPs) for the voltages on the board. Assuming you have the WPC board. If you have another make (Rottendog, etc) then you'd have to check with their documentation.

It was a bad fuse on the 12 volt. Thanks much for the help

#4925 6 years ago

Glad you got it!

#4926 6 years ago

I have an extra TZ playfield. It is not is the best shape but would be a good candidate for restoration. Supposedly it is the old PF from the Pinball Hall of Fame TZ in Vegas for whatever that's worth. Lol.
Is this thing worth anything as is (I know it depends on condition but just asking in general terms) or restored? Searching the interwebs, I cannot find any TZ PFs for sale at the moment...

#4927 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I have an extra TZ playfield. It is not is the best shape but would be a good candidate for restoration. Supposedly it is the old PF from the Pinball Hall of Fame TZ in Vegas for whatever that's worth. Lol.
Is this thing worth anything as is (I know it depends on condition but just asking in general terms) or restored? Searching the interwebs, I cannot find any TZ PFs for sale at the moment...

I believe Mirco is still selling his. http://www.highclasspinballs.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=85&osCsid=8684541ba25d9996c877177c4bb472f9

#4928 6 years ago

Hey thanks,
I have never heard of Mirco. So are these repro playfields?

#4929 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Hey thanks,
I have never heard of Mirco. So are these repro playfields?

Yeah, he re-ran them about a year ago, I believe.

#4930 6 years ago

I have a Mirco TZ reproduction PF that was cleared by Kruzman. I never did the swap. It is so shiny it looks wet. I should post a few pics.

#4931 6 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

-Rob

Don't worry... next week is house league and you'll get to soak in mine as much as you want

#4932 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Don't worry... next week is house league and you'll get to soak in mine as much as you want

House league is a blast. But I just checked who I'm matched against and I suspect I'll be doing more watching than playing! Guess I'll come plenty early to games during warm up...

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball Pyramid bracket

#4933 6 years ago

Hey guys, I just installed a pinstadium in my TZ that already had a colordmd. I wasn't played so I don't know what happened but the flippers don't work the dmd and pinstadium are out. Fuse F116 looks good but i'm assuming it's a power board issue related to J116 or J118. Any help would be nice as I'm no expert with these types of issues.

1. The machine powers up
2. Flippers and dmd don't work

Thanks for any help

#4934 6 years ago

Check the test points for all the voltages: http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#LEDs_and_test_points_on_WPC-089_Power.2FDriver_Boards

That will help you identify the fuse/component that could have blown. I'm going to guess the 12V circuit, but I don't know what voltage colordmd and pinstadium run on.

#4935 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Check the test points for all the voltages: http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#LEDs_and_test_points_on_WPC-089_Power.2FDriver_Boards
That will help you identify the fuse/component that could have blown. I'm going to guess the 12V circuit, but I don't know what voltage colordmd and pinstadium run on.

Thanks, turns out it was just the 12v accessory fuse like I thought. It must have had a micro crack because I couldn't see anything and just replaced it anyway. Works fine now.

#4936 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I'd say 100 bucks would be a good price! Are you selling? I'm buying!

#4937 6 years ago

I've been slowly working on my TZ restore. (currently everything is off and reassembly is about to start) I purchased Ingo's clock board (looks awesome but will be a while before it see it lit up) I also have a blue housing so swapped everything over to the new.

Found a odd screw that needed to be replaced on the back of the clock. It is a #6 sheet metal + pan head 1-3/4" long screw. Was a bugger to find. I now have 99 extras. If you are looking for 1-4 let me know and I can ship some out for the cost of postage. (USA only/Paypal) It doesn't have the little cut at the tip of the screw but I don't think that would matter much.

#4938 6 years ago

I'm new to pin side and not sure how to join clubs. I think I would fit in good here as I own two TZs, one I bought new in box when they first came out and a second in really nice condition a couple of years later off of location for about $600. Before e-bay, operators in my area were getting about $500 trading in machines to the local distributor. I built a relationship with operators who took good care of their machines and traded often. I would meet them at a location, help set up their new pin, that they had gotten a better deal by not having a trade, and got an extra hundred in cash from me. That is the only reason I have the collection I have today. Now why have I turned down many offers for my "extra" TZ . I have three sons and of all the machines I have they all want a TZ when I go. Not sure who will lose out but it will probably be two. I'm retired on an ok fixed income. And the extra TZ is looking like money under the mattress that could be better used elsewhere. Please no requests yet. I'll let you all know if I ever really need the money.

Here is my NIB TZ next to my $600. FH

IMG_4249 (resized).JPGIMG_4249 (resized).JPG

#4939 6 years ago
Quoted from dcannan:

I'm new to pin side and not sure how to join clubs. I think I would fit in good here as I own two TZs, one I bought new in box when they first came out and a second in really nice condition a couple of years later off of location for about $600. Before e-bay, operators in my area were getting about $500 trading in machines to the local distributor. I built a relationship with operators who took good care of their machines and traded often. I would meet them at a location, help set up their new pin, that they had gotten a better deal by not having a trade, and got an extra hundred in cash from me. That is the only reason I have the collection I have today. Now why have I turned down many offers for my "extra" TZ . I have three sons and of all the machines I have they all want a TZ when I go. Not sure who will lose out but it will probably be two. I'm retired on an ok fixed income. And the extra TZ is looking like money under the mattress that could be better used elsewhere. Please no requests yet. I'll let you all know if I ever really need the money.
Here is my NIB TZ next to my $600. FH

Awesome story on your TZ's (and FH). Thanks for shaing.

#4940 6 years ago

OT: My sis just arrived from Orlando and she brought me this lovely mug:

IMG_20171124_153700 (resized).jpgIMG_20171124_153700 (resized).jpg

#4941 6 years ago
Quoted from dcannan:

I have three sons

hello it's me, your long-lost fourth son

#4942 6 years ago

Welcome dcannan !

No need to worry about joining clubs... its just a delimitor identifying a thread for general conversation about a particular game, nothing special. I think its a nice way of organizing and focusing discussion and general news. If something going to be in debth such as restoration documentation, people will typically put that on a sepetate thead then post a link in the relevant club thread.

#4943 6 years ago

Hey fellow TZ owners, I'm having some weird intermittent issues with Column 7 on my TZs switch matrix. was wondering if any of you can help. I posted the original help thread in Tech Modern Games here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-switch-matrix-issues#post-4094122

#4944 6 years ago

I know that it's meant to pay homage to the B/W era, but TZ's colordmd could use a little bit more colors...

IMG_20171127_192554 (resized).jpgIMG_20171127_192554 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171127_192536 (resized).jpgIMG_20171127_192536 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171127_193131 (resized).jpgIMG_20171127_193131 (resized).jpg

#4945 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I know that it's meant to pay homage to the B/W era, but TZ's colordmd could use a little bit more colors...

As tricked out as you've got that machine, a monochrome DMD might actually provide a brief interlude of sanity.

#4946 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I was going to write that it's more to pay homage to the black-and-white original TV series as I took B/W to mean Bally/Williams. I'd love to fit my games with ColorDMDs, but they're very expensive and I'm currently holding out for a MM or TAF.

#4947 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I don't quite get what you mean... pretty much everything that can be colored is colored. The JACKPOT animation and LITZ start is fantastic.

#4948 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I don't quite get what you mean... pretty much everything that can be colored is colored. The JACKPOT animation and LITZ start is fantastic.

I have mine set to dots. The colors are great!

#4949 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

In fact, for my money, TZ is the only game I considered NOT using ColorDMD on, because it looks so good in monochrome. I would love to get just grey dots on there, but seems like a waste of a colorDMD...

#4950 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

In fact, for my money, TZ is the only game I considered NOT using ColorDMD on, because it looks so good in monochrome. I would love to get just grey dots on there, but seems like a waste of a colorDMD...

If you're keen enough, you could replace all the orange LEDs on a DMD to normal white ones.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 9.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.50
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 132.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,213 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.