IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 305.
#4601 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Have you already asked Ted?

No longer know how to get in touch with him, admittedly.

Thank you!

#4602 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

As an aside - can anyone here make me a replacement plastic?

RyanClaytor has the method down pretty good these days. Which plastic do you need to replace?

#4603 6 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

ryanclaytor has the method down pretty good these days. Which plastic do you need to replace?

Is this for TZ plastics only? I have a missing plastic in another game, but I got a scan from someone.

#4604 6 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

ryanclaytor has the method down pretty good these days. Which plastic do you need to replace?

I think AlexSMendes is going to help me out - but looking for the left Spira sign made, so I can have it on display at York in my game.

#4605 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I think alexsmendes is going to help me out - but looking for the left Spira sign made, so I can have it on display at York in my game.

Wasn't there a thread about this? Somebody needed to make a bracket for it but I remember seeing the plastic

Damn. We are definitely coming to York then!

#4606 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wasn't there a thread about this? Somebody needed to make a bracket for it but I remember seeing the plastic

If someone sends me measurements for the bracket, I can get the bracket made. Also interested in the plastic.

#4607 6 years ago

Is this the one you are looking for?
Available at Flipperwinkel.nl

TZ (resized).JPGTZ (resized).JPG

#4608 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I think alexsmendes is going to help me out - but looking for the left Spira sign made, so I can have it on display at York in my game.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Quoted from lyonsden:

If someone sends me measurements for the bracket, I can get the bracket made. Also interested in the plastic.

OK guys, I have a friend down here who can reproduce this plastic, and as a matter of fact, I already asked him to make 2 (one for me, another for Coyote). If there's anyone else interested, please PM me.

Now I just need the metal bracket!

#4609 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

OK guys, I have a friend down here who can reproduce this plastic, and as a matter of fact, I already asked him to make 2 (one for me, another for Coyote). If there's anyone else interested, please PM me.

PM Sent. For the bracket, what is the correct way to mount the plastic. Image above or like this (Ed Chung http://www.edcheung.com/album/album08/pinball/tz_lost2.jpg):

tz_lost2 (resized).jpgtz_lost2 (resized).jpg

#4610 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

PM Sent. For the bracket, what is the correct way to mount the plastic. Image above or like this (Ed Chung http://www.edcheung.com/album/album08/pinball/tz_lost2.jpg):

Cool Eric - first PM's already replied!

#4611 6 years ago
Quoted from Stokoloog:

Is this the one you are looking for?
Available at Flipperwinkel.nl

Interesting. Never saw that there before. Wondering when it was added to their collection, and wondering if they took the art (with the proper font) from the other Pinside thread here. There HAVE been copied floating around, but the font was horribly wrong and didn't match anything.

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Quoted from lyonsden:

No - that's not the right mounting, but it's a LOT closer than the 'flipperwinkel.nl' site above. The metal bracket was L-shaped, equal to the width of the plastic sign. It was mounted so that one side of the bracket was against the top of the powerfield, and the metal then made a right turn DOWN (against the bare wood of the back of the powerfield). The sign was riveted to this back side of the metal. Then there were two screws (normal hex bolts like what currently holds down the left spiral light and all other metal guides) holding it down.

While I don't have my metal bracket anymore (likely went the way of the sign), I believe it was about .5" x .5"..

#4612 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Interesting. Never saw that there before. Wondering when it was added to their collection, and wondering if they took the art (with the proper font) from the other Pinside thread here. There HAVE been copied floating around, but the font was horribly wrong and didn't match anything.

No - that's not the right mounting, but it's a LOT closer than the 'flipperwinkel.nl' site above. The metal bracket was L-shaped, equal to the width of the plastic sign. It was mounted so that one side of the bracket was against the top of the powerfield, and the metal then made a right turn DOWN (against the bare wood of the back of the powerfield). The sign was riveted to this back side of the metal. Then there were two screws (normal hex bolts like what currently holds down the left spiral light and all other metal guides) holding it down.
While I don't have my metal bracket anymore (likely went the way of the sign), I believe it was about .5" x .5"..

Makes sense, but if you send me a sketch (or photo if you can find one), that would greatly help.

#4613 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

That plastic doesn't look long enough either / maybe it's the lens but the photo doesn't look quite right

#4614 6 years ago

I bought the plastic, redrew it to size, here is the artwork for free:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/missing-twilight-zone-proto-plastic-artwork?hl=alistaircg#post-3866795

Find a flatbed UV printer thats prints onto clear PETG plastic then either have it laser cut or dremel it out

I also just need the bracket to hold it now, if anyone could help, Cliffy said he could make it last i spoke to him but I have not had time to follow that up

#4615 6 years ago

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Sometimes when I shoot from the left flipper to the right ramp the ball is moving so fast that it doesn't stay in the turn at the top of the guide. It just flies out and ends up in the top right corner of the playfield. I'd guess it happens about 20% of the time. Is something adjusted improperly?

#4616 6 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

Has anyone else run into this issue?
Sometimes when I shoot from the left flipper to the right ramp the ball is moving so fast that it doesn't stay in the turn at the top of the guide. It just flies out and ends up in the top right corner of the playfield. I'd guess it happens about 20% of the time. Is something adjusted improperly?

Correct flipper coil?

#4617 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Correct flipper coil?

Looks to be. Orange FL-15411

I haven't played many other TZ's (especially recently), so I don't have a good comparison. Mine seems to play pretty fast, though.

#4618 6 years ago

If any of you guys make a bracket and or plastic for the spiral, I'd like to buy both as well please

#4619 6 years ago

Has anyone played the Pinball Arcade version of the TZ ? I played it last night, and it is MUCH faster than my game. I have to assume that means my game isn't set up fast enough; but I wanted to hear what others thought about the pinball arcade version.

#4620 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Has anyone played the Pinball Arcade version of the TZ ? I played it last night, and it is MUCH faster than my game. I have to assume that means my game isn't set up fast enough; but I wanted to hear what others thought about the pinball arcade version.

Faster than mine... Not THAT much, but definitely faster.

#4621 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

IMO, I think pinball arcade in general has terrible physics, I bought almost every table and eventually stopped playing it. Most of the shots feel programmed, i.e. I can hit the heartbeat ramp on bop consistently over and over in p.a.... on my real bop I can't do that perfectly.

#4622 6 years ago

My game is FAST, but I also have it set steep. Never played Pinball Arcade, so.. can't comment.

Quoted from No_Skill:

Looks to be. Orange FL-15411
I haven't played many other TZ's (especially recently), so I don't have a good comparison. Mine seems to play pretty fast, though.

Was the blue ramp flap replaced? Or repro ramp? (I've had this happen on mine - new ramp flap, but the blue metal was thinner than stock. Ball would leave the playfield, and hit the ramp flap - the ramp flap, being softer, would bend from the speed of the ball, and create a steeper incline up to the ramp proper. This one on my main ramp, and it ended up shooting the balls into the air to hit the backboard. Had to replace it with a thicker metal.)
Could also be one of the sides are bent out of proper shape (maybe even loose weld?)

#4623 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

IMO, I think pinball arcade in general has terrible physics, I bought almost every table and eventually stopped playing it. Most of the shots feel programmed, i.e. I can hit the heartbeat ramp on bop consistently over and over in p.a.... on my real bop I can't do that perfectly.

I agree, but my question was more about the general feel of the table; I've not played a lot of other TZ's and I'm noticing mine needs some repair work, I want to shop it thoroughly this winter. If I need to get it set up differently I'd like to do that as well

#4624 6 years ago

That sample game went for $6300 (+$300 shipping).

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 11.29.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-08-05 at 11.29.02 PM (resized).png

#4625 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

That sample game went for $6300 (+$300 shipping).

W. T. F.

#4626 6 years ago

I was surprised, too. That's a great deal.

#4627 6 years ago

I felt it was a good/fair price for the condition of the game (not necessarily a great deal). Was it someone here who got it?

#4628 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I felt it was a good/fair price for the condition of the game (not necessarily a great deal). Was it someone here who got it?

Was the game in rough shape? I didn't look at it that closely I guess

#4629 6 years ago

Looked nice to me, outside of some typical cabinet fade. But for the TZ aficionado, a great deal, given this particular one's place in TZ production history.

#4630 6 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Looked nice to me, outside of some typical cabinet fade. But for the TZ aficionado, a great deal, given this particular one's place in TZ production history.

Hopefully it went to someone who will appreciate that.

#4631 6 years ago

If it went to someone who knows that they were buying a sample, I'm sure they're dancing in the streets.

#4632 6 years ago

Out of room with more coming. Putting this beauty up for sale.

#4633 6 years ago

Hi guys,

there has been some demand for my clock board with board color BLUE.

I have made 10 of them, two are already sold, one to the US and the second to the Netherlands.

Nothing is changed on the board itsself, same reliable circuit as always.

Here are some impressions:

IMG_1874 (resized).JPGIMG_1874 (resized).JPG

IMG_1879 (resized).JPGIMG_1879 (resized).JPG

IMG_1876 (resized).JPGIMG_1876 (resized).JPG

Here it is built in a machine (thanks to Frank from the Netherlands):

image1 (resized).JPGimage1 (resized).JPG

image3 (resized).JPGimage3 (resized).JPG

Here you see the blue board compared with green and white pcb:

all board colors (resized).JPGall board colors (resized).JPG

I think, the blue board will look very good with a blue housing.

And now the best, here is a very special offer only for members of this pinside TZ-Owners-Club:

The special offer for the next 6 (!!!!) BLUE boards is as follows, so you get the following:

1 X BLUE board (warm white LEDs pre-installed) + 1 set cool white LEDs + 1 set blue LEDs + 1 set rainbow LEDs + shipping.

All for 99,00 USD - so you can save about 50,00 USD to the regular price.

First come first serve.

Please simply send me PM!!!!

#4634 6 years ago

Oh man... if only I didn't already have one (boring green).... plus another good original board.

#4635 6 years ago

Yup, solid board. definitely a good deal. I like the Blue LED's the best personally.

#4636 6 years ago

Quick snap from yesterday when I dragged this sucker into the basement

http://i.imgur.com/YKQAYbq.jpg

YKQAYbq (resized).jpgYKQAYbq (resized).jpg

#4637 6 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

Quick snap from yesterday when I dragged this sucker into the basement
http://i.imgur.com/YKQAYbq.jpg

My original lineup!

#4638 6 years ago

Cool! I am never selling my addams though I don't think I'm going to be much for cycling machines in and out of my collection. Moving them sucks and I am happy with the ones I have.

#4639 6 years ago

Is it normal in Powerball Mania mode for the upper flippers to stop working? I am running 9.4 Home edition and just want to ensure this is normal. Haven't owned a TZ in awhile and don't recall if that's how it is supposed to work.

#4640 6 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Is it normal in Powerball Mania mode for the upper flippers to stop working? I am running 9.4 Home edition and just want to ensure this is normal. Haven't owned a TZ in awhile and don't recall if that's how it is supposed to work.

I don't think there is any point in the game other than when the ball is on the mini playfield that any flippers stop working.

Edit. At the end of litz all stop.

#4641 6 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

If you have Low Line adjustment set to 'Yes,' (not Factory default) then ONLY the upper left flipper shuts off during Powerball Mania and LITZ. Regular and Fast Lock, all 4 will work.

#4642 6 years ago

WhatsApp Image 2017-08-15 at 15.18.27 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-08-15 at 15.18.27 (resized).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-08-15 at 15.18.22 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-08-15 at 15.18.22 (resized).jpeg

#4643 6 years ago

Hey fellas, so I've played my machine about an hour and two small issues already. Oy vey

1) I found a small locknut in the middle of the playfield. I think its from the red plastic area near the gumball machine. Would someone mind posting a close up pic of that area to help me confirm?

2) When I turn it on, it now makes 8 unsuccesful attempts to clear a ball from the slot machine. Thoughts? (It then goes into ball search mode, unsuccessfully). I haven't yet had a chance to see if there is a ball stuck in there or how to get it out, it was late. I presume its just a matter of seeing if there's anything in there, but I don't know why its having trouble.

I did, immediately before this trouble started, manually remove three balls for some reason I can't recall, and then drained them down the middle when I was done.

Does doing so cause the machine to lose track of steel balls versus ceramic or something?

#4644 6 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

Hey fellas, so I've played my machine about an hour and two small issues already. Oy vey
1) I found a small locknut in the middle of the playfield. I think its from the red plastic area near the gumball machine. Would someone mind posting a close up pic of that area to help me confirm?
2) When I turn it on, it now makes 8 unsuccesful attempts to clear a ball from the slot machine. Thoughts? (It then goes into ball search mode, unsuccessfully). I haven't yet had a chance to see if there is a ball stuck in there or how to get it out, it was late. I presume its just a matter of seeing if there's anything in there, but I don't know why its having trouble.
I did, immediately before this trouble started, manually remove three balls for some reason I can't recall, and then drained them down the middle when I was done.
Does doing so cause the machine to lose track of steel balls versus ceramic or something?

Uuhh..
(1) Could be from anywhere. While I can't get a picture for the next couple days (replacing a molex connector), I'm sure someone else can. It's not hard to see though - the post would still be there, just nutless!
(2) If there is a ball in there, then you have: (A) Something else stuck down there with a ball, preventing the ball from being kicked out, (B) something wrong with the kicker itself, or (C) A stuck switch.
(3) No - the game 'loses' where the powerball is everytime you turn it off. The game will learn....

#4645 6 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

I found a small locknut in the middle of the playfield. I think its from the red plastic area near the gumball machine.

The only small nuts that are visible in that area are the 2 that hold down the plastic on the right of the gumball machine, and the 2 that hold the skinny plastic in front of that with the picture of the quarter on it.

Just store that spare nut in the coinbox. That's what its for.

#4646 6 years ago

Nice work

#4647 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Uuhh..
(1) Could be from anywhere. While I can't get a picture for the next couple days (replacing a molex connector), I'm sure someone else can. It's not hard to see though - the post would still be there, just nutless!
(2) If there is a ball in there, then you have: (A) Something else stuck down there with a ball, preventing the ball from being kicked out, (B) something wrong with the kicker itself, or (C) A stuck switch.
(3) No - the game 'loses' where the powerball is everytime you turn it off. The game will learn....

Thanks! I don't see a post there, that's actually why I am asking , but I think I see a hole with a missing post(?). I will "post" a pic

#4648 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

The only small nuts that are visible in that area are the 2 that hold down the plastic on the right of the gumball machine, and the 2 that hold the skinny plastic in front of that with the picture of the quarter on it.
Just store that spare nut in the coinbox. That's what its for.

thanks for helping an obvious newb guys

I know the questions are at a low level but the way you guys laid it out really helps.

This is the area I'm thinking it might have come from? I see a hole with some rubber in it, that doesn't have a nut (or even a post)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/MwOLiC9.jpg[/img]

#4649 6 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

thanks for helping an obvious newb guys
I know the questions are at a low level but the way you guys laid it out really helps.
This is the area I'm thinking it might have come from? I see a hole with some rubber in it, that doesn't have a nut (or even a post)

MwOLiC9 (resized).jpgMwOLiC9 (resized).jpg

#4650 6 years ago

Well, there's not supposed to be a post there, so you're safe there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 79.50
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 15,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/93?hl=bronty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.