Topic Stats

• 7,671 posts
  • 578 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by BloatedToad
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,980 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TZ (resized).jpg
IMG_20191012_142318 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191113_211448 (resized).jpg
60341DD4-4C6B-4702-91FF-F3300CE9DC40 (resized).jpeg
20191031_164224 (resized).jpg
20191031_164215 (resized).jpg
DSC04269 (resized).JPG
5A7FA7EE-1B15-411F-A4B9-3A4495348715 (resized).jpeg
A4B7883F-CEFC-41AA-BD35-353942175C2E (resized).jpeg
D7EFBBC8-3723-4F74-B9A8-C07B552C12FC (resized).jpeg
188FF978-B0F2-4B8A-9CAE-BDD050C8A222 (resized).jpeg
75344D31-2CB7-4AA2-9587-3639426397A6 (resized).jpeg
8CFBDF54-ED4C-4FDA-9016-F6C81B3F293F (resized).jpeg
76777940-9133-401E-8081-683CCE6540EE (resized).jpeg
4A3B30C2-0746-47B9-9E43-EDDBCF55C225 (resized).jpeg
56E6FC85-8C1C-431A-96E1-50636B714140 (resized).jpeg

There are 7671 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 154.
#4101 2 years ago

Cool, thanks. I'm still undecided as to if I want to buy a repro or just have mine restored. It's roughly the same price, given the condition of my PF.

That said, I don't think you'll have a problem selling that PF set.

#4102 2 years ago

Pics of the Mirco playfield set. Looks like red to me

IMG_0660 (resized).JPG

IMG_0661 (resized).JPG

IMG_0662 (resized).JPG

IMG_0663 (resized).JPG

IMG_0664 (resized).JPG

IMG_0665 (resized).JPG

IMG_0667 (resized).JPG

#4103 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Pics of the Mirco playfield set. Looks like red to me

Lovely!

#4104 2 years ago

It is! Looks really nice!

#4105 2 years ago

And I can see that it's a 3 magnet version.

#4106 2 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

And I can see that it's a 3 magnet version.

Yep

#4107 2 years ago

Very nice! Been considering that as my playfield has a couple rough spots... but nothing severe enough to warrant the effort.

Do they sell the mini playfield sepetately?

#4108 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Very nice! Been considering that as my playfield has a couple rough spots... but nothing severe enough to warrant the effort.

I have no idea. This set came with my game.

#4109 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I believe they do; you may even be able to buy a "sample" version which does not say "flip here".. but there are still ways to validate

#4110 2 years ago

Quick question please? I have a Pinbits 3rd magnet opto. I think the opto might be bad. ( I took the ramp off and tested it.) I have emailed Pam at Pinbits a few times but no response. I was wondering if I could replace the Pinbits 3rd magnet opto with another brand? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks guys.

#4111 2 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Quick question please? I have a Pinbits 3rd magnet opto. I think the opto might be bad. ( I took the ramp off and tested it.) I have emailed Pam at Pinbits a few times but no response. I was wondering if I could replace the Pinbits 3rd magnet opto with another brand? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks guys.

An opto is an opto - you can replace them with anything from PBL or Marco as long as it fits (I think there are 2 different sizes)

Just test whether you need a transmitter or receiver so you don't have to replace both. Use the camera test on the transmitter and see if you get the dots on your camera/phone

#4112 2 years ago

IMG_0286 (resized).JPG

#4113 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

An opto is an opto - you can replace them with anything from PBL or Marco as long as it fits (I think there are 2 different sizes)

I don't think this applies to the Pinbits one for the 3rd magnet kit they sell. Their website says that their opto reciever is a special one that eliminates the need for the add-on board, this may mean it has firmware/logic on it or something, which would differentiate it from a standard opto reciever.

LitzDoc, definitely wait to hear back from Pinbits

Maybe some other TZ Pinhead could add to this?

#4114 2 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I don't think this applies to the Pinbits one for the 3rd magnet kit they sell. Their website says that their opto reciever is a special one that eliminates the need for the add-on board, this may mean it has firmware/logic on it or something, which would differentiate it from a standard opto reciever.
LitzDoc, definitely wait to hear back from Pinbits
Maybe some other TZ Pinhead could add to this?

I remember this kit - IIRC the special part of the kit is in the little cable with the driver in it; the optos are just the slightly taller ones since they don't have a proper guide to screw into (the factory 'sample' games had screw holes in the metal ball guides so you don't affix them directly to the playfield).

Anyway; up to you - hopefully one of the other TZ-ers on the site have the same kid - but if you buy a replacement opto it should cost you about $3 and the soldering time

#4115 2 years ago

Anyone have any idea (based on your personal order to the US) on how long Ingo's TZ Clock board stays hung up in New York customs? My board left Germany and arrived in the US in only 2 days and has now spent the last 7 days in New York Customs with no more updates. Just curious if this is weeks, months, etc? Obviously its completely out of Ingo's hands as he did his part already!

#4116 2 years ago

Mine was lost between customs for weeks!
It seemingly disappeared in the handoff over in Germany. Finally after weeks no updates turned up in NY. Only to sit in various locations/stages in NY for about another week. Then finally got delivered.

Took about a month in total start to finish.

#4117 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Mine was lost between customs for weeks!
It seemingly disappeared in the handoff over in Germany. Finally after weeks no updates turned up in NY. Only to sit in various locations/stages in NY for about another week. Then finally got delivered.

Thanks for sharing.

#4118 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Just one month? You guys are so lucky!!!

#4119 2 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Anyone have any idea (based on your personal order to the US) on how long Ingo's TZ Clock board stays hung up in New York customs? My board left Germany and arrived in the US in only 2 days and has now spent the last 7 days in New York Customs with no more updates. Just curious if this is weeks, months, etc? Obviously its completely out of Ingo's hands as he did his part already!

Mine currently has this status:
Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 4:32 pm on May 16, 2017.

#4120 2 years ago

I've had pins sit for 4 weeks but I'm surprised the board took that long! Customs is sloooooow though..

#4121 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 4:32 pm on May 16, 2017.

Mine sat at that status for two weeks. There's nothing to do but wait.

#4122 2 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I have a GLM mini-switch kit I'm not gonna use--PM if interested.

Guys, this is still available, I've decided to hold off on this mod for a bit... the pics look good, buy with confidence!

#4123 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Lol...my status is this:

Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 2:17 pm on May 10, 2017.

I'm assuming it won't get another scan/update until it's delivered.

#4124 2 years ago

So I would like to put some fresh batteries in the game. I know the clock is affected by having batteries vs NVRAM. Do you guys change batteries with the game ON or OFF? Will it affect the clock if I change the batteries with the game OFF? The game has a remote battery holder but I still get really nervous (fried a DE PS board one time) changing them batteries with the game ON for some reason. I usually NVRAM my games but not this one

#4125 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

So I would like to put some fresh batteries in the game. I know the clock is affected by having batteries vs NVRAM. Do you guys change batteries with the game ON or OFF? Will it affect the clock if I change the batteries with the game OFF? The game has a remote battery holder but I still get really nervous (fried a DE PS board one time) changing them batteries with the game ON for some reason. I usually NVRAM my games but not this one

Turn game on.
Replace batteries.

If you replace without batteries, system will reset back to factory defaults.

#4126 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Turn game on.
Replace batteries.
If you replace without batteries, system will reset back to factory defaults.

Thanks! I was just wondering about the clock being affected but I'll change them batteries with the game ON.

#4127 2 years ago

No proboem. Just be sure to put the batteries in the correct way.

#4128 2 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Lol...my status is this:
Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 2:17 pm on May 10, 2017.
I'm assuming it won't get another scan/update until it's delivered.

You should get a scan when it arrives at your local post office. You can sign up for SMS alerts on usps.com.

#4129 2 years ago

Hey All,

Anyone have any information on the slot machine mod? I just picked up a HUO TZ and the white light above the reels appears dead and the reels almost don't move. I haven't pulled anything apart yet, thought to check here first.

#4130 2 years ago

Anyone have mod examples with the glm v.2 power field switches?

#4131 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Anyone have mod examples with the glm v.2 power field switches?

I didn't quite understand your question...

#4132 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I didn't quite understand your question...

The Great Lakes Modular Power Field switches 2.0 have an extra set of switches for "mods".

I'm guessing so something with lights can be connected to the switches as well, I'm curious to know what anyone has done with the ability to run a mod off them

IMG_4672 (resized).PNG

#4133 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

The Great Lakes Modular Power Field switches 2.0 have an extra set of switches for "mods".
I'm guessing so something with lights can be connected to the switches as well, I'm curious to know what anyone has done with the ability to run a mod off them

Well, I do have GLM's switches installed on my TZ, and the sole fact that those ugly switch covers are definitely gone, makes it one of the best "mod" ever!

#4134 2 years ago

Talking about mods:

9296e9df35dcbfaf6e4c1becbc61e0ba (resized).jpg

#4135 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I might try hooking them up to some of GLM's post lights/flashers someday. First I have to get a switch set. My last email to him must have gotten lost.

#4136 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I might try hooking them up to some of GLM's post lights/flashers someday. First I have to get a switch set. My last email to him must have gotten lost.

I emailed them too

#4137 2 years ago

Help!!! Is anybody else having problems with the ball lock kickout solenoid? Mine didn't have enough power to kick the ball out into play. I've changed the coil and the sleeve, but even the new coil can't kick the ball out. I don't know what to do...

#4138 2 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

Help!!! Is anybody else having problems with the ball lock kickout solenoid? Mine didn't have enough power to kick the ball out into play. I've changed the coil and the sleeve, but even the new coil can't kick the ball out. I don't know what to do...

Try resetting the ribbon cables on boards. Particularly the small one between the driver board and The CPU board.

074CBA71-5A8F-499F-BFBF-177F04ADD80D-2867-00000253368AEFC0 (resized).jpeg

#4139 2 years ago

Been noticing the top ball diverter next to the mini playfield moving up at random for no particular reason during play. It happens very rarely and at random but it does happen. For example, The ball is moving around the playfield and all of the sudden the diverter kicks up one time. Then it doesn't happen for like 10 games or so. It happens at random and no particular solenoid seems to trigger it. Thanks!

#4140 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Been noticing the top ball diverter next to the mini playfield moving up at random for no particular reason during play. It happens very rarely and at random but it does happen. For example, The ball is moving around the playfield and all of the sudden the diverter kicks up one time. Then it doesn't happen for like 10 games or so. It happens at random and no particular solenoid seems to trigger it. Thanks!

Maby check to see if the coil is mounted the correct direction, if it got turned around when working on it it can short on something nearby making it activate.
I did this once and it would fire and also some other coils would fire with it.
It was tough to figure out as it took a few years to rotate to that position to start giving me a problem.
Good luck

#4141 2 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Maby check to see if the coil is mounted the correct direction, if it got turned around when working on it it can short on something nearby making it activate.
I did this once and it would fire and also some other coils would fire with it.
It was tough to figure out as it took a few years to rotate to that position to start giving me a problem.
Good luck

Good info, I'll start there. Thanks!

#4142 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Good info, I'll start there. Thanks!

Here's a picture of my now, I had put it on upside down before.
The solder lugs are away from the playfield towards the bottom of the cabinet. my tech had put some electrical tape around the lugs. maybe you can try that,I took the electrical tape off though.

image (resized).jpg

#4143 2 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

The solder lugs are away from the playfield towards the bottom of the cabinet. my tech had put some electrical tape around the lugs. maybe you can try that,I took the electrical tape off though.

Awesome! Thank you for the picture! I'll check on it later tonight for sure.

#4144 2 years ago

I have been looking to add a rocket ship mod. I really like this one.
Has anyone seen one of these or knows were to get one?

TZ0013 (resized).JPG

#4145 2 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

I checked mine and the coil lugs are towards the top. There were a bunch of wires near the lugs too. My question is: Are we reversing the coil lugs to avoid them touching other wires? Or are we doing this because the coil was installed incorrectly in the first place? Thanks!

#4146 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I checked mine and the coil lugs are towards the top. There were a bunch of wires near the lugs too. My question is: Are we reversing the coil lugs to avoid them touching other wires? Or are we doing this because the coil was installed incorrectly in the first place? Thanks!

It would be to avoid wires (or any other conductive material such as the bracket as you wouldn't want to energize that). Coils don't care about direction, their just big dumb electromagnets.

Edit: They do care a *little* in that you typically want to avoid having the lugs by the coil stop end. Doesn't cause any issues but can potentially extend the life of the solder joints if they are a hair further from the vibration. But if you have a good solid joint to begin with it won't be anything to worry about.

#4147 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Been noticing the top ball diverter next to the mini playfield moving up at random for no particular reason during play

when the ball is hit up the right ramp, and the diverter dumps the ball back on the playfield, if a switch is not contacted within a certain amount of seconds, the diverter actuates as an "auto-flush" because of bouce backs on the diverter. it's written into the software.

#4148 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

It would be to avoid wires (or any other conductive material such as the bracket as you wouldn't want to energize that). Coils don't care about direction, their just big dumb electromagnets.
Edit: They do care a *little* in that you typically want to avoid having the lugs by the coil stop end. Doesn't cause any issues but can potentially extend the life of the solder joints if they are a hair further from the vibration. But if you have a good solid joint to begin with it won't be anything to worry about.

Awesome! I'll reverse the coil lugs and see if that takes care of it. Thanks!

#4149 2 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

when the ball is hit up the right ramp, and the diverter dumps the ball back on the playfield, if a switch is not contact
within a certain amount of seconds, the diverted actuates as an "auto-flush" because of bouce backs on the diverter. it's written into the software.

Yes sir, I have noticed that when the ball travels way too fast and the diverter doesn't quite catch the ball. It creates a flush. But my issue happens totally at random and necessarily when a bounce back happens.

#4150 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Yes sir, I have noticed that when the ball travels way too fast and the diverter doesn't quite catch the ball. It creates a flush. But my issue happens totally at random and necessarily when a bounce back happens.

Does the game make the sound effect of dumping? Is it a flat pull back and release, or a twitch?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Davenport, IA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Tinley Park, IL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 7671 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 154.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside