IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,192 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 304.
#3551 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

my TZ is much more prone to SDTM when the ball comes from up above...

Avoid the clock target between the ramps to reduce the SDTM.

#3552 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

huh.... I don't get that much "death on the left side" as you guys are reporting.... In fact, my TZ is much more prone to SDTM when the ball comes from up above...

It might be a matter of setup, also.

I have my left outlane post set to the narrowest point and have fresh rubbers. I also have very rare drains from the pop bumpers. More often, I have balls bounce like this:
bounce (resized).pngbounce (resized).png

#3553 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

huh.... I don't get that much "death on the left side" as you guys are reporting.... In fact, my TZ is much more prone to SDTM when the ball comes from up above...

I would be curious to see everyone's bookkeeping totals on Right Outlane vs Left Outlane drains. (Yes! The game records these numbers!)

For me, my left side drains are horrendous. About 2x of those of the right side. 99% of mine are what nosro shows, and my posts are both set to in the middle.

#3554 7 years ago

Bumpers never drain on the left for me unless it's the white ball... then it's a 50-50 shot coming down the left.
A fail on the left ramp however, now that all but guarantees a ball centered right between the flippers...

#3555 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I would be curious to see everyone's bookkeeping totals on Right Outlane vs Left Outlane drains. (Yes! The game records these numbers!)

OK, I'll check later tonight!

#3556 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I need a quick sale. I posted it on a Florida forum as I prefer a local sale but will post on Pinside if I continue to get crickets. Thanks for the input!

If you were in the Northern VA area...you would sell a decent TZ for $5700 in about 20 minutes! Definitely post on pinside.

#3557 7 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

... the dead-end shot from the right lower flipper thru the pops is SUICIDE, and the reward is not worth the risk!

Tough shot for sure, but as long as quarters are not being spent the cool video display and sound effects make it worth shooting for.

#3558 7 years ago

That is true! It just sucks when you don't aim quite right and brick the post next to the greed target and get the ricochet right back at you and SDTM!!! Ouch!!!

#3559 7 years ago

Curious to know what you guys put up as an average score.

I'm at about 200mil on easy setting (default) and feel like the game is always kicking my ass.

I need to learn where the big points are. During Multiball, I would normally just try to keep the ball alive, but then I saw a video on YouTube yesterday, and saw that during each Multiball there is a jackpot!

I also saw that you could restart the Multiball???

This game is definitely more complex than my MMR!

#3560 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm at about 200mil on easy setting (default) and feel like the game is always kicking my ass.
I need to learn where the big points are. During Multiball, I would normally just try to keep the ball alive, but then I saw a video on YouTube yesterday, and saw that during each Multiball there is a jackpot!
I also saw that you could restart the Multiball???
This game is definitely more complex than my MMR!

Are there Multiballs in some games that do not have a Jackpot? Huh.

Yeah - in the Door Multiball ('Gum' 'Ball', 'Lock 1' and 'Lock 2'), the Piano is Jackpot. (Red Light). If you lock one and start, it starts at 15Mil. If you lock two and start, jackpot starts higher (50Mil? Don't remember off-hand at the moment.) Once getting the Jackpot, shoot a ball into the Camera to re-light it. If you do not get jackpot and drain back to single-ball, LOCK is lit to restart multiball for limited time.

Fast-Lock Multiball, shots into the Lock will award the awarded Fast Lock amount.

For Powerball Mania, every ball shot up to 'defeat the power' will award 50Mil. Once you get it, shoot the main ramp to re-light Battle The Power.

For LITZ - well, ... Everything is Lit. (Powerball mania jackpot is available. Door Multiball jackpot is not.)

Sicne clearing and restoring my game, my scores vary greatly. Form sucking (under 100mil) to 'good' being a 700mil game. BEFORE the restore, a good game was over 1billion. Everything under sucked.

#3561 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Are there Multiballs in some games that do not have a Jackpot? Huh.
Yeah - in the Door Multiball ('Gum' 'Ball', 'Lock 1' and 'Lock 2'), the Piano is Jackpot. (Red Light). If you lock one and start, it starts at 15Mil. If you lock two and start, jackpot starts higher (50Mil? Don't remember off-hand at the moment.) Once getting the Jackpot, shoot a ball into the Camera to re-light it. If you do not get jackpot and drain back to single-ball, LOCK is lit to restart multiball for limited time.
Fast-Lock Multiball, shots into the Lock will award the awarded Fast Lock amount.
For Powerball Mania, every ball shot up to 'defeat the power' will award 50Mil. Once you get it, shoot the main ramp to re-light Battle The Power.
For LITZ - well, ... Everything is Lit. (Powerball mania jackpot is available. Door Multiball jackpot is not.)
Sicne clearing and restoring my game, my scores vary greatly. Form sucking (under 100mil) to 'good' being a 700mil game. BEFORE the restore, a good game was over 1billion. Everything under sucked.

Coyote, is there anything about TZ that you DON'T know?

#3562 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Coyote, is there anything about TZ that you DON'T know?

Uhm..

Yeah, one thing:
TZ is the only game to use the 8-High Power board. It handles the two spiral magnets, plus the two mini-PF magnets.
For those sample games, like mine, that had the 3rd spiral magnet, slot #5 is installed.

This still leaves three unused spots in that board.
Why waste the space? Larger board costs money. Were they planning ahead? Or were they originally planning on using all 8 spots for something?

Edit to add: I also have no clue as to why they went through the trouble of making a single-wire connector connected to the Yellow-Red lamp column there at the door.

#3563 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Average, 350-600 million, but this is my high of all time- Factory 3 ball settings with special award being an extra ball

TZ_HIGH-DJM (resized).jpgTZ_HIGH-DJM (resized).jpg

#3564 7 years ago

Holy crap! NICE!

#3565 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

OK, I'll check later tonight!

About 170 left lanes and 60 right lane drains... Too bad it doesn't count the SDTM's...

#3566 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

About 170 left lanes and 60 right lane drains... Too bad it doesn't count the SDTM's...

Total # of balls played minus # left lanes, minus # of right outlanes.

#3567 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Total # of balls played minus # left lanes, minus # of right outlanes.

510 balls played!

#3568 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

510 balls played!

Wow. I'll be home in an hour, I'll post my stats. Curious to see how they hold up against yours.

#3569 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Wow. I'll be home in an hour, I'll post my stats. Curious to see how they hold up against yours.

Well, now I'm surprised with another statistic... Given that total of played balls, the game has just been played about 100 times in a 6 month spam... Let me check the audits again...

#3570 7 years ago

This is inspired by Coyote :

Find your left drain and right drain audits and vote in this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-is-hungry-left-outlane-a-myth-or-reality Let's find out if the left drain is really as bad as everyone says it is. I was surprised by my own audits.

#3571 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

510 balls played!

That's 54% center drains.

I think most people expect center drains, but don't expect the pop bumpers to result in an outlane drain, which can make the left drain feel more unfair.

#3572 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

That's 54% center drains.

Ok, the correct numbers are:
# games played: 93
# played balls: 511
# left outlane drains: 173
# right outlane drains: 67

PS; all my pins are set to 5-ball game.

#3573 7 years ago

Sorry to interrupt your programming. But finally after a long search it has come home to me. A project twilight zone. In the club! Period.

20170403_192341 (resized).jpg20170403_192341 (resized).jpg

#3574 7 years ago

Interesting! Will post my numbers there in a sec - at the moment I don't see a 'poll', so I'll give the forums a few minutes.

My numbers:
Since Sep 25th 2016 (just over 6 months), I have played:
Balls Played: 1,445
Avg Ball Time: 72 seconds
Left Drains: 688
Right Drains: 310

So, I have:
30.9% middle drains,
47.6% left drains, and
21.4% right drains.

#3575 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Sorry to interrupt your programming. But finally after a long search it has come home to me. A project twilight zone. In the club! Period.

Congrats!

#3576 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

It might be a matter of setup, also.
I have my left outlane post set to the narrowest point and have fresh rubbers. I also have very rare drains from the pop bumpers. More often, I have balls bounce like this:

Many tz's dont have the pop area closed off like in your pic....

#3577 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Many tz's dont have the pop area closed off like in your pic....

The pic was just a copy of the rubber diagram from the service manual.

#3578 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I have my left outlane post set to the narrowest point and have fresh rubbers

me too-

IMG_9773 (resized).JPGIMG_9773 (resized).JPG

#3579 7 years ago

Sigh... just realised the outlanes can be adjusted...

#3580 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Sorry to interrupt your programming. But finally after a long search it has come home to me. A project twilight zone. In the club! Period

welcome to the club! it's an awesome group, you'll love it just as much as the machine! please share all your restore progress!

#3581 7 years ago

Question for owners who nudge their machines... Do you find it more effective to have the game on carpet or rubber feet, where it sort of stays in place, or is it better to have it on sliders so it moves around a little?

I understand that on sliders you're less likely to damage the cab, but when I play my MMR without rubber feet, it moves so much on my laminate floor that the nudge just slides the machines across the floor and doesn't really do much for redirecting the ball.

#3582 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sigh... just realised the outlanes can be adjusted...

It won't help much with pop shots...

#3583 7 years ago

I don't have stats since recently reset the game but pops almost never seem to drain for me.

Outlane adjustment set in middle, looks more like the diagram.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3584 7 years ago

Hello TZ club members and any members that might be interested in a potential deal. I currently have my 2017 Bryan Kelly restored Addams Family for sale. It is a dream come true and perfect in every way. To make a long story short, When put my TAF for sale, I had (still have) other stuff going on and I had to make the very tough decision to put it and BSD for sale. At that time, a potential trade + cash deal was not considered.

After selling my BSD 2 days ago and after careful consideration, a possible trade + cash deal involving my TAF for a very nice TZ (pretty much the only machine I would do a trade + cash deal for) is looking like something I might be able to do. TAF is still for sale but now that BSD has sold, a potential deal for TAF is possible. I still have a need to sell TAF but if I can get the right deal plus a nice TZ, I can see this happening.

I honestly don't know if there are any TZ owners out there wanting a TAF in the nicest condition possible but go ahead and shoot me a PM if you are. Mostly looking for a nice to super nice TZ. Not interested in a project TZ at the moment. If you wish to check out my TAF, go into my ads profile or go into the Market Place. I posted the full restoration by Bryan from start to finish here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-restoration-by-bryan-kelly

My TAF has a HEP restored playfield, mods, color DMD, OCD board, Black cloud, Black powder coat job by Ron Woodard, Modfather paint job on thing and thing box, Chrome plated parts under the playfield, every part was replaced with new or fully restored. It plays like a dream. Has about 50 plays only on it at the moment.

My ad in the Market has listed everything TAF has. You can check it out here https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/47014

Sorry for taking up the space in the TZ club but I just thought this would be the best way possible to reach out to TZ owners.

Thanks a lot guys!

#3585 7 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

welcome to the club! it's an awesome group, you'll love it just as much as the machine! please share all your restore progress!

Yep for sure. I bought it from someone who bought it from a pinsider that dumped a lot of money in mods for it. But the cabinet is jacked up. New cab needed or find a restoration candidate. But playfield is nice. Right now after having it shipped? something got messed up. I hit the start button . Starts the game but doesn't eject the ball into shooter lane. I hope to have time tomorrow to look at it

#3586 7 years ago

Just finishing up my TZ. Had fun restoring and modding the machine. I am adding one last item- The Slot Machine! The machine is nice and bright now like a new machine. All new rubbers, leds, color dmd, rebuilt flippers etc. A ton of new parts.

IMG_2292 (resized).JPGIMG_2292 (resized).JPG

IMG_2289 (resized).JPGIMG_2289 (resized).JPG

#3587 7 years ago

Here are mine

IMG_20170404_081335 (resized).jpgIMG_20170404_081335 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170404_081403 (resized).jpgIMG_20170404_081403 (resized).jpg

#3588 7 years ago

Looks like you need to replace the rubber on your game. The outlane posts look cracked, old, and dry.

#3589 7 years ago

Is it just my machine, or is it brutal trying to hot the LOCK ramp?

Only way I seem to be able to hit it, is when he slot machine ejects to the right flipper, bouncing to the left, and as it slowly rolls down the left flipper I shoot it from almost the very last point.

Otherwise, it seems nearly impossible to hit it.

#3590 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Looks like you need to replace the rubber on your game. The outlane posts look cracked, old, and dry.

Yes, it does... Changed the slingshot ones not so long ago and I shall be getting to other spots soon...

#3591 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Is it just my machine, or is it brutal trying to hot the LOCK ramp?
Only way I seem to be able to hit it, is when he slot machine ejects to the right flipper, bouncing to the left, and as it slowly rolls down the left flipper I shoot it from almost the very last point.
Otherwise, it seems nearly impossible to hit it.

Nope, piece of cake

#3592 7 years ago

Hi guys,maybe one of you have a TZ translite for sale?
Thanks

#3593 7 years ago

Question on the right orbit: If you do not use the left flipper as the ball exits, should it be a clean return back to the bottom of the playfield? Currently on mine it will hit the mini playfield leveling post and bounce over towars the slot machine area.

#3594 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Question on the right orbit: If you do not use the left flipper as the ball exits, should it be a clean return back to the bottom of the playfield? Currently on mine it will hit the mini playfield leveling post and bounce over towars the slot machine area.

When I hit a ball into the right orbit, if I don't use the top left flipper, the ball rockets SDTM

#3595 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

When I hit a ball into the right orbit, if I don't use the top left flipper, the ball rockets SDTM

Thanks! Thats what I was thinking should happen, looking at the guide up there I think its a bit tweaked but wanted t confirm before adjusting.

#3596 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Nope, piece of cake

Hnmmmm... From what point on the left flipper do you usually shoot to hit it?

I have to trap, let it roll down, and fire it at almost the last point. Letting it go right to the edge is how I hit the Gumball slot.

#3597 7 years ago

Sounds like your flippers aren't adjusted right.

You will notice two holes - original OEM fields had metal tension pins through them, not sure about Mirco's fields - about 2/3 the way down each flipper. The flipper - WITHOUT rubber - should rest on a toothpick sticking up from this hole.

#3598 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You will notice two holes - original OEM fields had metal tension pins through them, not sure about Mirco's fields - about 2/3 the way down each flipper. The flipper - WITHOUT rubber - should rest on a toothpick sticking up from this hole.

Or I use a straightedge down the inlane. The edge should create an even line from the inlane guide down the flipper (with the rubber on). This has served me well on almost every game I've setup at home.

#3599 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

So, take the rubber off, loosen​ the bolt that holds the flipper in place under the playfield, put a toothpick in the hole, rest the bat on the toothpick, then tighten the bolt again. Then replace rubber. Sound right?

#3600 7 years ago

I finally finished my TZ just before the Texas Pinball Festival. I took it to TPF and ended up selling it before the show even started, so I guess I'm leaving the club for now. I am going to miss her, but I do plan to build another one someday.

Edit: Yes the blue flipper coil is not the correct one. That was on the machine when I bought it, and I replaced it with the correct flipper coil after these pictures were taken.

20170322_002520 (resized).jpg20170322_002520 (resized).jpg
20170322_002553 (resized).jpg20170322_002553 (resized).jpg
20170322_002603 (resized).jpg20170322_002603 (resized).jpg
20170321_235310 (resized).jpg20170321_235310 (resized).jpg
20170321_235316 (resized).jpg20170321_235316 (resized).jpg
20170321_235323 (resized).jpg20170321_235323 (resized).jpg
20170322_000004 (resized).jpg20170322_000004 (resized).jpg
20170321_235953 (resized).jpg20170321_235953 (resized).jpg
20170321_235935 (resized).jpg20170321_235935 (resized).jpg
20170322_000019 (resized).jpg20170322_000019 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 1,059.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

There are 15,192 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 304.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.