IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 305.
#3501 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

On another subject, does anyone know where to get replacements for the bulb condoms, like the red one on the gumball ramp sign?

PBResource has them: http://pbresource.com/lampcov.html

#3502 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

On another subject, does anyone know where to get replacements for the bulb condoms, like the red one on the gumball ramp sign?

PBL sells them

#3503 7 years ago

But they are out of yellow and green on the "thick" ones which cover 555 bulbs:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=311

The thin ones will not cover 555 bulbs:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=312

#3504 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

But they are out of yellow and green on the "thick" ones which cover 555 bulbs:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=311
The thin ones will not cover 555 bulbs:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=312

Do you know if they use thin or thick ones on TZ?

I need some for 44 and 555 bulbs.

#3505 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Do you know if they use thin or thick ones on TZ?
I need some for 44 and 555 bulbs.

You need thick for 555 bulbs per the description on Pinball Life. You're better off going to Pinball Resource - he's a good guy, so no worries there.

#3507 7 years ago

It's official...

IMG_5188 (resized).JPGIMG_5188 (resized).JPG

#3508 7 years ago

Congrats!

#3509 7 years ago

I truly hope you didn't find that on CL because that'd mean that I missed it!

#3510 7 years ago

Thanks! Been a dream machine for close to 10 years now, can't wait to dig in. I wish one would have come up locally but hardly anything ever does outside of that pachinko machine. This is a road trip.

#3511 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Thanks! Been a dream machine for close to 10 years now, can't wait to dig in. I wish one would have come up locally but hardly anything ever does outside of that pachinko machine. This is a road trip.

Since I got mine off Fresno CL four years ago, I haven't seen another one since. So I know what you mean. And yes, I see that same pachinko machine all the time, too.

How far did you have to go to get it?

It's a good feeling driving home with that thing back there, isn't it?

#3512 7 years ago

Heck yeah it is... you know your a pinhead when a primary decision factor buying a car is "can I fit a pinball machine in the back?"

Not too far, just a few hundred miles to so cal. Left at the crack of dawn and on the way back up wife wanted to stop at Disneyland so we get a little more use on our AP's.

The game is fresh off the route, some issues but nothing I won't be able handle. Playfield appears to be in very good condition and having been an operator game, completely stock.

#3513 7 years ago

Congrats! I got mine the other day, and it's pretty awesome to have such a great game right there in your home to play anytime

#3514 7 years ago

Is anyone using PinGuard protectors?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1403

I have read, and it says right in the description, that it should not be used for cabinets with decals.

Just wanted to get some feedback.

Thanks

#3515 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Is anyone using PinGuard protectors?
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1403
I have read, and it says right in the description, that it should not be used for cabinets with decals.
Just wanted to get some feedback.
Thanks

They don't protect anything.

These below do

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2711

#3516 7 years ago

Ok, good to hear. I have those metal ones on my machine now, but was just checking to see if there were other better options.

Are the metal ones better than PinCabs?

#3517 7 years ago

Curious to know what slant you guys have your machine at?

I'm at about 6.5-6.6 degrees right now, and the game feels pretty fast.

#3518 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Ok, good to hear. I have those metal ones on my machine now, but was just checking to see if there were other better options.
Are the metal ones better than PinCabs?

Pincabs are fine on original screen printed cabs and also help cover up prior damage from having no protectors.

#3519 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Curious to know what slant you guys have your machine at?
I'm at about 6.5-6.6 degrees right now, and the game feels pretty fast.

7.0 on mine and plays well ....

#3520 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pincabs are fine on original screen printed cabs and also help cover up prior damage from having no protectors.

So, PinCabs vs. Metal protectors?

#3521 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

7.0 on mine and plays well ....

Do you have the levellers cranked up to the max in the back?

#3522 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So, PinCabs vs. Metal protectors?

Well since you have prior damage and metal ones on allready u can still install pincabs to cover damaged area if u care

#3523 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Do you have the levellers cranked up to the max in the back?

Nope about half way.... ill probably raise it a little more here soon to around 7.5

#3524 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

It's official...

Welcome!!

#3525 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Nope about half way.... ill probably raise it a little more here soon to around 7.5

Are you using a digital level to measure?

My floors must really be sloped because I'm at the way up and only get 6.60

I also can't nudge this thing side to side. I have rubber feet on it, and it's very difficult to get a good tilt.

However, I have been nudging the machine forward, and I do save a few balls!

#3526 7 years ago

Got her home today! Looks like so far the major issues are a "broken clock" (optos I'm presuming) and the gumball mech doesn't work. It also always thinks powerball is in play (eddy sensor?).

First couple hours home and have all ramps off, cleaning everything up and making sure there aren't any mechanical issues before moving on. Looks like the operator was replacing bulbs with LED's as they went so its about half LED and even had a couple bags of LED's inside.

With a little luck she should be playable, although not fully tuned, by this evening.

#3527 7 years ago

I am in the club!! Super excited!! Got the game from a local pinsider....great dude he helped me through some issues that ended up being caused by a few power driver plugs coming undone during move. But he spent all day on and off teaching me how to trouble shoot, read and understand game diagnostics and giving me tips on products to use and not use. This is my 4th purchase from a pinsider and all have been so nice and helpful as I am in early stages of learning. Love this site!!

Looking at this game in my living room makes me feel like Santa came by!

Appreciate all of you that share all your knowledge and experience!!

Cheers

IMG_3632 (resized).JPGIMG_3632 (resized).JPG

#3528 7 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

I am in the club!! Super excited!! Got the game from a local pinsider....great dude he helped me through some issues that ended up being caused by a few power driver plugs coming undone during move. But he spent all day on and off teaching me how to trouble shoot, read and understand game diagnostics and giving me tips on products to use and not use. This is my 4th purchase from a pinsider and all have been so nice and helpful as I am in early stages of learning. Love this site!!
Looking at this game in my living room makes me feel like Santa came by!
Appreciate all of you that share all your knowledge and experience!!
Cheers

Nice topper - where and how much?

#3529 7 years ago

Ha - My cats were super curious with the new edition - this one hung out on top while I was working on it and when I finally got everything going another one jumped though the open coin door into the game when I was focused on the PF.....

#3530 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Got her home today! Looks like so far the major issues are a "broken clock" (optos I'm presuming) and the gumball mech doesn't work. It also always thinks powerball is in play (eddy sensor?).
First couple hours home and have all ramps off, cleaning everything up and making sure there aren't any mechanical issues before moving on. Looks like the operator was replacing bulbs with LED's as they went so its about half LED and even had a couple bags of LED's inside.
With a little luck she should be playable, although not fully tuned, by this evening.

If your having clock problems, I would go ahead and get Ingo's replacement clock board and save yourself some headaches.

#3531 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

If your having clock problems, I would go ahead and get Ingo's replacement clock board and save yourself some headaches.

Thanks, thats a great looking board and I will be getting one. Unfortunately it looks like they are on holiday for the month.

Got the gumball machine working and good progress at getting the top end of the play-field all cleaned up. Wife and I played a few games before calling it a night. For tomorrow I will be taking a look at cleaning the subways, that troth eddie sensor and may take a closer look at the clock. All in all she's cleaning up pretty quick.

#3532 7 years ago

Was checking out the menu settings, and under features there is a setting for "Outlane Diff" and by default it's set to Easy.

Can anyone explain what this does?

Thanks

#3533 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Was checking out the menu settings, and under features there is a setting for "Outlane Diff" and by default it's set to Easy.
Can anyone explain what this does?
Thanks

Whether or not lit outlines hold over to the next ball.

#3534 7 years ago

Anyone think TZ will ever get a remake?

#3535 7 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Anyone think TZ will ever get a remake?

No.

Comparison:
Medieval Madness
Number originally made: 4,016
Market price before remake announcement: $10k-$15k
Remake price: $8k

Twilight Zone
Number originally made: 15,235
Market price: $5.5k-$6.5k (according to Pinside information)
Remake price: more than $8k (Twilight Zone has many more components than AFM or MM)

As awesome as TZ is, there is no scarcity to drive up the price and create an opportunity for remakes. In the marketplace right now there are four machines for sale in apparently good condition.

#3536 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

No.
(Twilight Zone has many more components than AFM or MM)

Many, many, many more.....

#3537 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Whether or not lit outlines hold over to the next ball.

So "Hard" would mean they don't?

Also, what is "Free Ride"?

#3538 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

No.
Comparison:
Medieval Madness
Number originally made: 4,016
Market price before remake announcement: $10k-$15k
Remake price: $8k
Twilight Zone
Number originally made: 15,235
Market price: $5.5k-$6.5k (according to Pinside information)
Remake price: more than $8k (Twilight Zone has many more components than AFM or MM)
As awesome as TZ is, there is no scarcity to drive up the price and create an opportunity for remakes. In the marketplace right now there are four machines for sale in apparently good condition.

Good points... although someday it may make financial sense, that day is not anytime soon.

#3540 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So "Hard" would mean they don't?
Also, what is "Free Ride"?

Correct.
Say on Ball 1, you get the Camera award 'Lite Outlanes'. You get the Left one, but do not get the right one. You drain.
Ball 2, none are lit anymore on 'Hard'. On 'Easy', the Right one will still be lit when switched.

Free Ride is the ball saver.

#3541 7 years ago

After a good 6 hours of cleaning and a couple dozen cloths (more to go obviously).

All in all, not bad for being on route all these years. It always amazes me how well a good game will clean up. And it helps hat the operator obviously maintained his games.

IMG_5202 (resized).JPGIMG_5202 (resized).JPG

#3542 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Correct.
Say on Ball 1, you get the Camera award 'Lite Outlanes'. You get the Left one, but do not get the right one. You drain.
Ball 2, none are lit anymore on 'Hard'. On 'Easy', the Right one will still be lit when switched.
Free Ride is the ball saver.

Cheers

#3543 7 years ago

What the trick to keeping the ball from coming out of the bumpers and going straight down the left outlane?

It's brutal! I'll be having a pretty good game, and then I end up in the bumpers and have what feels like zero control over what happens from there.

Love the game, but I'm not sure about those bumpers.

#3544 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What the trick to keeping the ball from coming out of the bumpers and going straight down the left outlane?
It's brutal! I'll be having a pretty good game, and then I end up in the bumpers and have what feels like zero control over what happens from there.

Don't let the ball go to the bumpers seriously.

#3545 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

"Death on the left side" is one of Twilight Zones signature features. You need to learn how to be a "right side of the playfield" type of person and avoid the pops (like Coyote said) at ALL COSTS. Also the dead-end shot from the right lower flipper thru the pops is SUICIDE, and the reward is not worth the risk!

#3546 7 years ago

Nudging can help avoid drains out of the pops. But ya, just avoid them. This is why tournament players rarely go for the skillshot on TZ.

#3547 7 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

"Death on the left side" is one of Twilight Zones signature features. You need to learn how to be a "right side of the playfield" type of person and avoid the pops (like Coyote said) at ALL COSTS. Also the dead-end shot from the right lower flipper thru the pops is SUICIDE, and the reward is not worth the risk!

huh.... I don't get that much "death on the left side" as you guys are reporting.... In fact, my TZ is much more prone to SDTM when the ball comes from up above...

#3548 7 years ago

Is $5700 a fair price for a nice 100% working TZ?

#3549 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Is $5700 a fair price for a nice 100% working TZ?

Yes, maybe even low. Tz and ij have moved up in price a lot recently.

#3550 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, maybe even low. Tz and ij have moved up in price a lot recently.

I need a quick sale. I posted it on a Florida forum as I prefer a local sale but will post on Pinside if I continue to get crickets. Thanks for the input!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.