IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
20240227_093351 (resized).jpg
Eddy board (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 8.44.39 AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 5.00.06 PM (resized).png
IMG_9941 (resized).JPG
IMG_9939 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,079 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 302.
#3451 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yep, 3 holes all around...

From the back of the machine, measuring from the bottom of the cabinet, to the center of my lowest bolt, it's roughly 2.5".

Is there a third hole lower than that?

#3452 7 years ago

Interesting. Would like to hear from other TZ owners on this. My TZ (again,v early sample) came with short and long legs, 2 of each. (With three mounting holes in cabinet..) I wonder if that was intended, or another design change..

#3453 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Would like to hear from other TZ owners on this.

Standard BW legs all the way around on mine. Bought from Pinball Life when I restored it. 6.5 degree PF with the rear Levelers extended all the way and the fronts bottomed out

I attached a pic to show their positioning

IMG_8025 (resized).JPGIMG_8025 (resized).JPG

#3454 7 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

6.5 degree PF with the rear Levelers extended all the way and the fronts bottomed out

Same here.

Three leg holes. Use the bottom two leg holes front and rear.

#3455 7 years ago

I have a HUO Twilight Zone and the legs are the same length. I use the top two holes on the cabinet (cabinet is closer to ground) and do not have any unusual leveler adjustments.

#3456 7 years ago

Would it make sense to use the 2 lowest holes on the back, and the two highest holes on the front to bring the front down and increase slant?

#3457 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Would it make sense to use the 2 lowest holes on the back, and the two highest holes on the front to bring the front down and increase slant?

You can, yeah. Not a problem in the least.

Interesting that others have the same legs on front and back. I'm curious to hear from another sample owner to see if theirs is the same. I guess it's possible that in the moving of my games, I got legs mixed up..! But, hard to say..

#3458 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I may actually need to do the same thing, though this is mainly because the game is in a section of my garage where the floor is slanting towards the garage door. I didnt even think of this as an option, heh. thnx!

#3459 7 years ago

Standard legs and casters , 28.5 all way around on mine... game is a 7.0 and still have lots room to move mine higher if i want. Im usiing the lowest set of holes all way around ...

#3460 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I believe im using the middle set of holes all way around ...

Thanks for the measurements!
Since there are only three holes, and the legs use two, you will ALWAYS be using the 'middle' hole. It is whether the other bolt is in the top or lower hole.

#3461 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Thanks for the measurements!
Since there are only three holes, and the legs use two, you will ALWAYS be using the 'middle' hole. It is whether the other bolt is in the top or lower hole.

Was editing but u were to fast lol....

#3462 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Was editing but u were to fast lol....

Sorry. I live here!

#3463 7 years ago

So it appears I was using the lowest holes in the front. Going to try raising the front to the top position.

Also, what can I buy to prevent further damage shown here in photo?

IMG_20170327_125411 (resized).jpgIMG_20170327_125411 (resized).jpg

#3464 7 years ago

The spacers you have should stop any more damage from happening.

#3465 7 years ago

Question about the photo above. The metal protectors shown are screwed into the cabinet. If I want to move them up a notch, I would have to screw new holes to mount it. I'd prefer not to do this. Is there another option? Can I use rubber/plastic protectors, or something else that doesn't need to be screwed in?

And before I get deeper into this, does it make sense that the back legs could be on the bottom top holes, and the front on the top two holes? It clearly raises the legs up in the front to create a greater slant angle, but does having the front and back legs in different hole positions create any issues?

Thanks

#3466 7 years ago

I would raise the front legs and try that. You should also cut and peel the cabinet decals from behind the spacers.

#3467 7 years ago

All the legs on my TZ are the same length and I am pretty sure there are only two holes for each, I did not take a leg off but looked inside of the cabinet at the plate that the bolts go into and only saw 2 spots that bolts thread in. Are there others that have only one option for the legs? I might have to take a leg off to check but you would think you would be able to see the three bolt location from inside the cabinet.

#3468 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I may actually need to do the same thing, though this is mainly because the game is in a section of my garage where the floor is slanting towards the garage door. I didnt even think of this as an option, heh. thnx!

Can you let me know if it works out. I just went to do it and noticed one of the leg levellers is stripped, so now I need to replace it.

I'm just curious to know if the machine becomes lopsided at all if we go on the bottom setting in the rear, and top setting in the front.

#3469 7 years ago

About to buy some legs. The ones I have now sort of match the silver trim on the machine.

Do you guys think this would be a good fit:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4128

And then for the protectors, most of what I read suggests that we should use metal protectors.

However, I was looking at PinCab protectors, and I really like that I would not have to drill additional holes.

Does anyone know if we can use these on our cabinets:

http://pinballfanatic.com/products/pincab-protectors/

#3470 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

About to buy some legs. The ones I have now sort of match the silver trim on the machine.
Do you guys think this would be a good fit:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4128
And then for the protectors, most of what I read suggests that we should use metal protectors.
However, I was looking at PinCab protectors, and I really like that I would not have to drill additional holes.
Does anyone know if we can use these on our cabinets:
http://pinballfanatic.com/products/pincab-protectors/

If you are trying to match the original legs, you probably want the ribbed legs: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=140. I've purchased countless sets of these Pinball Life legs. You linked the non-ribbed legs.

Those plastic protectors (which cover beyond what the legs cover) are generally used when you need to cover up existing damage, but most people find that it does not prevent further damage since nudging will simply cause the plastic to move around, further damaging the decal. The metal protectors work by isolating the leg movement from the decal.

#3471 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

If you are trying to match the original legs, you probably want the ribbed legs: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=140. I've purchased countless sets of these Pinball Life legs. You linked the non-ribbed legs.
Those plastic protectors (which cover beyond what the legs cover) are generally used when you need to cover up existing damage, but most people find that it does not prevent further damage since nudging will simply cause the plastic to move around, further damaging the decal. The metal protectors work by isolating the leg movement from the decal.

Thanks! Appreciate the reply!

So before I buy these, can anyone confirm that it is possible to put the rear legs in the lowest position, and the front legs in the highest position?

It makes sense to me, to give me more of a slant, but just wanted to make sure it's doable.

Thanks

#3472 7 years ago

Pincabs protectors are fine on screenprinted cabs ....just not good for re decaled ones.

#3473 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Interesting that others have the same legs on front and back. I'm curious to hear from another sample owner to see if theirs is the same. I guess it's possible that in the moving of my games, I got legs mixed up..! But, hard to say..

I seem to remember reading SOMEWHERE (the internets a big place!) about TZ sample games having the odd leg lengths. I'm really surprised you're not 100% on this one Coyote, you know everything about this game!!

#3474 7 years ago
Quoted from TZpinboter:

All the legs on my TZ are the same length and I am pretty sure there are only two holes for each

Mine has 3 holes for each leg and large bolt plates with 3 holes that can be seen from inside. Maybe your bolt plates were worn and swapped with standard ones or maybe your cab was swapped and decaled.

#3475 7 years ago

Still no one chiming in on this hahaha!

"can anyone confirm that it is possible to put the rear legs in the lowest position, and the front legs in the highest position?
It makes sense to me, to give me more of a slant, but just wanted to make sure it's doable."

Anyone??????????

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3476 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Still no one chiming in on this hahaha!
"can anyone confirm that it is possible to put the rear legs in the lowest position, and the front legs in the highest position?
It makes sense to me, to give me more of a slant, but just wanted to make sure it's doable."
Anyone??????????

Two people, including myself, already said to go for it:

Quoted from Coyote:

You can, yeah. Not a problem in the least.

Quoted from fiberdude120:

I would raise the front legs and try that.

.. Go for it, sheesh.

Quoted from Seatmandan:

I seem to remember reading SOMEWHERE (the internets a big place!) about TZ sample games having the odd leg lengths. I'm really surprised you're not 100% on this one Coyote, you know everything about this game!!

I'll admit - I have moved my game a lot of times, along with other games. It's entirely possible that in a move, legs from the games got mixed up. So, I can't rightfully say that I know 100%. I know, I know.. I'm not perfect!

#3477 7 years ago

A previous owner used the top holes on my game and it caused decal wrinkling. I would not use those top holes if you ever plan to again use the lower two holes.

#3478 7 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Mine has 3 holes for each leg and large bolt plates with 3 holes that can be seen from inside. Maybe your bolt plates were worn and swapped with standard ones or maybe your cab was swapped and decaled.

Mine is an Original TZ cab (NOT sample or prototype) and has the 3-hole threaded plates as well

3 Holes on plates (resized).JPG3 Holes on plates (resized).JPG

#3479 7 years ago

Mine is a sample, and also has 3 holes cut. I had the legs installed in the wrong legs initially and could never get the pitch right. I think this is my only game that still has the legs it came (to me) with. Standard w/bs.

You should be able to get fairly close by adjusting which holes you're installing in, but you'll have to test to see!

#3480 7 years ago

By the way, does anyone know where to find replacements for the 3-hole plates?

#3481 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

By the way, does anyone know where to find replacements for the 3-hole plates?

When I restored my game, I couldn't find them anywhere; I had a couple stripped, so I had to buy 2-hole plates. If you find them made someone, please let me know.

#3482 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Two people, including myself, already said to go for it:

Ooooops, was looking at this one my phone and somehow missed those.

Was just at my local pinball shop, and the guy there mentioned I could get 31" legs to raise the back more, rather than raising the front legs and running the risk of extra decal damage.

He had a set of Gottlieb legs that he said would fit. Does anyone know if the B/W chrome ribbed legs come in a longer than 28.5" size?

Thanks

#3483 7 years ago

This thread reminds me of people putting stronger flipper coils in their games when the real solution is to rebuild the flippers. If you have 28.5" legs all around, in the bottom two holes all around, you should be good to go. If you aren't, your floor isn't level.

#3484 7 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

This thread reminds me of people putting stronger flipper coils in their games when the real solution is to rebuild the flippers. If you have 28.5" legs all around, in the bottom two holes all around, you should be good to go. If you aren't, your floor isn't level.

Some people (like myself) like steeper games. Don't like balls 'floating' around the playfield. And sometimes, then the standard holes won't cut it.

#3485 7 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

My floor definitely isn't level, but that's a whole separate issue.

Using a digital level, the floor appears to slope by about 1 degree. Not sure why that is causing the game to be so losing the back, but it is.

So, now I have to work with what I've got.

Does anyone know where to get legs for this machine longer than 28.5"?

#3486 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

My floor definitely isn't level, but that's a whole separate issue.
Using a digital level, the floor appears to slope by about 1 degree. Not sure why that is causing the game to be so losing the back, but it is.
So, now I have to work with what I've got.
Does anyone know where to get legs for this machine longer than 28.5"?

How long is the shaft on your leg levelers? 2" or 3"?

I had to put 3" leg levers on the back of mine due to my wonky garage floor slope.

#3487 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

How long is the shaft on your leg levelers? 2" or 3"?
I had to put 3" leg levers on the back of mine due to my wonky garage floor slope.

3" and they're extended almost all the way up to get me at 6.5 degrees.

I'd settle with that except for the fact that it is now very wobbly in the back.

#3488 7 years ago

OK - To end this discussion: these are the best TZ legs ou can get. PERIOD.

tzone-4 (resized).jpgtzone-4 (resized).jpg

tzone-3 (resized).jpgtzone-3 (resized).jpg

#3489 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

OK - To end this discussion: these are the best TZ legs ou can get. PERIOD.

Are they longer than 28.5"

#3490 7 years ago

Would 31" Gottlieb legs fit properly?

#3491 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Would 31" Gottlieb legs fit properly?

Yes, the ones on mine are 31 inch. They work, but after reading these comments I realized they're the wrong legs. The downside to the longer legs is that you'll have to mount them on the top 2 holes (possibly resulting in art damage unless protected, as others have noted), and your machine will likely look slightly too tall if it's side by side with other machines. Mine's next to a Theatre and the height at the rails/top of backbox is about an inch higher than it should be. The 31 inch legs also give it a slightly wider footprint on the floor.

#3492 7 years ago

Rocket kicker question: Where should the rocket kicker send the ball? Into the upper flipper/camera hole or into the hitchhiker loop/pops? Mine usually hits the rubber post inbetween these two areas. Any way to adjust this mech so it puts the ball somewhere consistently or is it supposed to be random?

#3493 7 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Rocket kicker question: Where should the rocket kicker send the ball? Into the upper flipper/camera hole or into the hitchhiker loop/pops? Mine usually hits the rubber post inbetween these two areas. Any way to adjust this mech so it puts the ball somewhere consistently or is it supposed to be random?

Hitchhiker. The bottom (towards player) metal guide can be adjusted.

#3494 7 years ago

I have a sample and all the legs are the same length. 28.5"

#3495 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Thanks for checking. While I too have a faint memory of the game coming with different sized legs.. I'm well aware that my memory is too fuzzy to trust it. I'm old.

#3496 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hitchhiker. The bottom (towards player) metal guide can be adjusted.

Great, thanks! Easy fix.

#3497 7 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Yes, the ones on mine are 31 inch. They work, but after reading these comments I realized they're the wrong legs. The downside to the longer legs is that you'll have to mount them on the top 2 holes (possibly resulting in art damage unless protected, as others have noted), and your machine will likely look slightly too tall if it's side by side with other machines. Mine's next to a Theatre and the height at the rails/top of backbox is about an inch higher than it should be. The 31 inch legs also give it a slightly wider footprint on the floor.

What do you mean by you realized they were the wrong ones based on comments. I didn't see anything suggesting that.

Also, curious as to why you would need to use the top two holes for thew longer legs? Couldn't you just use the bottom ones? What would the difference be?

I figure that I have my levellers extended by 2.5-3" now, so using a 31" leg would essentially be the exact same height without extending the levellers at all ad getting more sturdiness from that too.

#3498 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What do you mean by you realized they were the wrong ones based on comments. I didn't see anything suggesting that.

Also, curious as to why you would need to use the top two holes for thew longer legs? Couldn't you just use the bottom ones? What would the difference be? I have a metal protector on the bottom two holes now, and would just love that on too.

I figure that I have my levellers extended by 2.5-3" now, so using a 31" leg would essentially be the exact same height without extending the levellers at all ad getting more sturdiness from that too.

#3499 7 years ago

On another subject, does anyone know where to get replacements for the bulb condoms, like the red one on the gumball ramp sign?

#3500 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

For some reason, I think I remember reading that the sample games were normalized, but the PROTOTYPE games had the different length legs...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lebanon, NJ
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
There are 15,079 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.