IMG_6425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240406_221516459 (resized).jpg
IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 305.
#3351 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

you mean this one?
ebay.com link » Bally Twilight Zone Pinball Machine Playfield Plastic New Nos

Ha yeah that's the one! Thanks! Ordered it up. Was trying to avoid shipping from down under.

#3352 7 years ago

I am thinking about powder coating my rails, bar and legs with dark blue base and black powder coat. What do you guys think? Has anyone gone with a mostly black finish to their metal?

#3353 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I am thinking about powder coating my rails, bar and legs with dark blue base and black powder coat. What do you guys think? Has anyone gone with a mostly black finish to their metal?

Was this way when I got it (previous owner just painted them) but gives you an idea on how black/dark color would look.

20170302_204012 (resized).jpg20170302_204012 (resized).jpg

#3354 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Was this way when I got it (previous owner just painted them) but gives you an idea on how black/dark color would look.

Thanks. That looks fantastic to me.

#3355 7 years ago

That does look pretty good to me aswell. Now im thinking of Powder coating mine black aswell

#3356 7 years ago

I did a gloss black powder coat on all the external armor on mine and I think it looks great.

#3357 7 years ago

Black looks fantastic on TZ. But since I'm so non-committal with that kind of thing, I'm just going to get some nice semi-gloss black vehicle wrap and do it that way. That way, it's easily reversible and I won't mind as much when it starts to wear a bit. It'll be easily replaceable and cheap to do.

#3358 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I'm just going to get some nice semi-gloss black vehicle wrap

I used this on my FT, which is enough for 4 legs:
5ft x 1ft (5 Sq/ft) Avery SW900 Supreme Gloss Orange Vinyl Car Wrap Film

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/20#post-3512631

I am thinking of doing my TZ legs in white.

#3359 7 years ago
Quoted from german-pinball:

Here is my special offer only for members of the pinside TZ-Owner´s Club.
1 X white board (warm white LEDs preinstalled) + 1 set cool white LEDs + 1 set blue LEDs + 1 set rainbow LEDs + shipping
All for 99,00 USD - so you can save about 50,00 USD to the regular price.
First come first serve.
Please send me PM!!!!

I installed the white clock board and used the warm white LEDs.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3360 7 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

I installed the white clock board and used the warm white LEDs.

I see you have the IGT topper. Damn you! Lol looks awesome

#3361 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I love the way mine looks with the black powder coated wire frame ramps, sides, lockdown bar and legs. There is still a bit of metal on it I would like to do, but love it now.

#3362 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sometimes wanting is better than having.

#3363 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks!
The topper is awesome to look at but distracting while playing due to glare.

#3364 7 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

Thanks!

Do you have invisible glass installed? Might help if you don't.

#3365 7 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

Thanks!

Like the apron!

#3366 7 years ago

My freshly restored TZ with black powercoating, courtesy of Pat / BR80 here on Pinside. He's going to post the entire restore process on a different thread, long story short- it came out amazing!!! Love the black look.

IMG_4042 (resized).JPGIMG_4042 (resized).JPG

#3367 7 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Do you have invisible glass installed? Might help if you don't.

Not yet. If anyone has a sheet of PDI for sale in the area please PM me.

Quoted from Lermods:

Like the apron!

Thanks

#3368 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

My freshly restored TZ with black powercoating, courtesy of Pat / BR80 here on Pinside. He's going to post the entire restore process on a different thread, long story short- it came out amazing!!! Love the black look.

Wow, that looks amazing! What sort of work was done on the legs and rails?

Also, what's the story with the carpet you have?

#3369 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Nice retro arcade carpet

#3370 7 years ago
Quoted from alistaircg:

Nice retro arcade carpet

Sorry, I meant where did you buy it

#3371 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The rails, legs, coindoor, etc were all powdercoated in a high gloss. Also, the entire machine was disassembled, cabinet fully sanded and repaired, decaled, etc etc - basically better than NIB at this point. The machine itself was an export to Germany and is a true HUO example with very little wear on the PF itself.

The rug I bought from here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CRPLMZS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage

It's UV activated when using a blacklight

#3372 7 years ago

Also, i'd like to point out in that pic TZ is sitting next to a Jim McCune cab and HEP playfield restored MB. It would be hard to tell the difference between the restores of them and Pat/BR80's restore of my TZ unless you really broke out the magnifying glass and critiqued every detail.

#3373 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Also, i'd like to point out in that pic TZ is sitting next to a Jim McCune cab and HEP playfield restored MB. It would be hard to tell the difference between the restores of them and Pat/BR80's restore of my TZ unless you really broke out the magnifying glass and critiqued every detail.

OUT. Standing. I hope my MB looks every bit as good once I'm done with it (um...) but you've given me some great ideas~!

#3374 7 years ago

So suddenly these 4 lights under the plastic have decided to stop lighting. Everything else is working as normal. Any thoughts on what to check 1st?

tzpic (resized).jpgtzpic (resized).jpg

#3375 7 years ago

GI wires...

#3376 7 years ago

Mine did that and it was a fuse, that looked ok, but didnt check out on a multimeter ping test

#3377 7 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

So suddenly these 4 lights under the plastic have decided to stop lighting. Everything else is working as normal. Any thoughts on what to check 1st?

When I was installing LED bulbs on mine, I caused a short and blew a fuse. there are probably some more out on the left side mid and upper as well if it's the fuse. check manual

#3378 7 years ago

I've been having issues with the pesky Upper Right Flipper Flasher (#37).

At first, it was stuck on. I did some searching on this forum and some other online resources, and performed some troubleshooting leading me to the A-16100 8-Driver PCB Assembly board. Using a DMM, I tested specifically transistors Q16 (a TIP-102) and Q8 (a 2N4403), with Q16 reading with the range of .4-.6, and Q8 reading outside. So, I decided to replace the two transistors respectively.

At the same time, I replaced the incandescent bulb with an LED #906.

After doing the above, I fired up the pin, and the flasher appeared to be functioning (blinking), was no longer stuck in on, passed the flasher test T.5, and I thought all was good. After playing a few games, I noticed the flasher was became solidly lit on, without blinking, so I'm thinking damn, it's stuck in the on position again, so I turned the game off. Hoping that power cycling the pin may reset the flasher, when the pin boots up, it boots without any Test errors, but when I rerun Flasher Test T.5, the flasher in question no longer lights up or blinks, and does not light during gameplay.

All other flashers in the flasher test menu pass successfully.

Are there any other recommended tests, troubleshooting suggestions, or things I should check? I'm open to any ideas.

Thanks!

DtF

UPDATE: On a whim, decided to play around a go through reseating the cable connections on the 8-Driver PCB board again, and that flasher now works and passes the flasher test. I'm back in business!

#3379 7 years ago

Had a couple of hours to do some designing and did this for an interactive backbox on Twilight Zone (for the door):

Pinduino powered and code (open source) is available: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/tree/master/TZ-Door

The white lighting looks brighter than it does in person due to the camera filming in low light.

#3380 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Yea i am not into the ones I have seen either, considering just making one.

I have a backboard decal I redrew to vector, you can have the artwork for free then just go get it printed someplace

#3381 7 years ago
Quoted from alistaircg:

I have a backboard decal I redrew to vector, you can have the artwork for free then just go get it printed someplace

What does it look like?

#3382 7 years ago
Quoted from alistaircg:

Quoted from Cheeks:

What does it look like?

Yeah, share it here!

#3383 7 years ago

Yea curious to take a look! thnx!

#3384 7 years ago

I added some cling vinyl today around the start and flipper buttons.
Amazon Prime $8.96 for 6 sheets.

#3385 7 years ago

Twilight Zone Back Board Options.pdfTwilight Zone Back Board Options.pdf

#3386 7 years ago

the galaxy is wrong in the comp, mail me and i will send you the vector file

#3387 7 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

I added some cling vinyl today around the start and flipper buttons.
Amazon Prime $8.96 for 6 sheets.

I do not like the way that looks, it looks like a hack job

#3388 7 years ago
Quoted from alistaircg:

Thanks.

#3389 7 years ago
Quoted from alistaircg:

For providing cabinet protections that is easily reversible, I strongly disagree. This is a great idea and not much different than: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1870

#3390 7 years ago

Im sure, but it looks like it ruins the machine, there must be a better solution. Its my personal taste

#3391 7 years ago

I cut another protector that goes just around the spiral.

#3392 7 years ago

What are the point of these clear decals? I could understand the need if these machines were on route

#3393 7 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

What are the point of these clear decals? I could understand the need if these machines were on route

People taking the extra step, 'in case'. My machine was in an arcade for two or three years before I got it, and over all that time, it has no paint fade. But then, my game does NOT have decals, so..

#3394 7 years ago

I'm very close to picking up a TZ, but it does not have LEDs, and this is something I would definitely like to do.

I'm new to the hobby and not very savvy yet, so I'd like to know what the cost would be (and if you could recommend some good quality lights) and most importantly, how much work is involved?

Is it just pulling out the incandescent and replacing with the LEDs?

Thanks in advance

#3395 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm very close to picking up a TZ, but it does not have LEDs, and this is something I would definitely like to do.
I'm new to the hobby and not very savvy yet, so I'd like to know what the cost would be (and if you could recommend some good quality lights) and most importantly, how much work is involved?
Thanks in advance

You'll spend $120-$175 depending on what you do. If you can raise the playfield and operate a nutdriver, you're good to go.

I didn't buy a kit and decided to piece it out myself. It took more time, but I like the look I achieved. Also, buy extras and different colors right away. That way you can play around with different combos.

Rememeber, the GI bulbs don't need to be non-ghosting since they are always on. You'll save some money there.

#3396 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Thanks in advance

Yeah GI socket bulb will be cheap. 2smd from Comet are perfect, perhaps sunlight white.

Same for the backglass GI in wedge form. You can pepper with a few coloured to get some nice effect.

Inserts in non-ghosting will cost more. 1smd non-ghosting from Comet will do you good. Check them out.

Don't overthink it, it will look a 10x better anyway and won't take the fun out of it. It can get very confusing.

#3397 7 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

1smd non-ghosting from Comet will do you good.

You might find 1smd is not bright enough, but try it out.

#3398 7 years ago

Any suggestions on site to buy from, and is there a list of the types of bulbs I will need?

Do you suggest doing it bit by bit (for example, doing the door lights on the play field, and then moving on to another part?)

Again, I'm totally new to the hobby, not the most technically inclined, but I'm willing and happy to learn.

Thank you all so much. Hoping to be part of the TZ crew soon

#3399 7 years ago

Trust me, you won't get it perfect on the first try, so don't overthink it and just jump in.

I went with mostly Cointaker. It's so hard to get good photos of playfields with phones and tablets but this is what I did with the backbox. A mix of frosted cool white, a red, a blue, blinkers, and some incandescent behind the yellower parts.

P_20170319_190913 (resized).jpgP_20170319_190913 (resized).jpg

P_20170319_191222 (resized).jpgP_20170319_191222 (resized).jpg

#3400 7 years ago

I personally put Ghosting bulbs into my machine on purpose, to give it this eerie ghost flickering lighting feel, and I love it.

The faint flicker makes it look like its a pinball out of the Twilight zone and somehow being "alive" or possessed

If ghosting bulbs is going to work and bring ambience to one machine it would be Twilight Zone

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 132.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 14.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 15,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/68?hl=no_skill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.