IMG_6425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240406_221516459 (resized).jpg
IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 305.
#2351 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Truly an asset to the club

OT: that one came as a souvenir with my 2015 C36 AMG... Sorry 'bout that.

20160720_121152.jpg20160720_121152.jpg

#2352 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Anyone hear from Ingo recently? I tried sending him a couple emails about dead GI on my board, hadn't heard back. Was wondering if he was on holiday or something..

I got a pm from him early this week.

#2353 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Anyone hear from Ingo recently?

No, I haven't.... his board works flawlessly, so why should I?

Quoted from Coyote:

dead GI on my board

Hope it's an easy fix!

#2354 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

No, I haven't.... his board works flawlessly, so why should I?

Hope it's an easy fix!

I have gremlins in my game.. first I lost a single LED; he sent me replacements free of charge, bless him.
Now they're all out - and it's something on the board, as when the game is first turned on, the LEDs come on and then immediately go out - like a strobe. Maybe I'll send him a PM here. Would like to get it back up before the York show.

#2355 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Now they're all out - and it's something on the board, as when the game is first turned on, the LEDs come on and then immediately go out - like a strobe.

Hmmm... that surely sucks....

#2356 7 years ago

I'm now a member as of about a month ago. I picked up a great Huo machine and I'm loving it. As for the Ingo topic I just bought one of his clock boards two weeks ago and the board arrived in about one week. He was a bit slow on answering an email and did mention that he has been really busy lately but he did come through.

1 week later
#2357 7 years ago

Hello all, been a member of the TZ club since 1995. Sometimes the game thinks there is a ball in the autofire tough when there is nothing there, and sometimes it will kick a ball in there for no reason so I have a two ball multiball for no reason. I have checked the opto repeatedly and it always tests fine. Has anyone had a similar problem and have any recommendations? Thanks.

#2358 7 years ago

Strange indeed.

If that opto is testing fine, I'd actually start checking your other switches and optos, namely the ones that tell the computer to load the auto-fire and send a ball out. You just have to think about the game situations where the auto-fire would send a ball out, is all. Sometimes it's not the thing that messing up that has something wrong with it, but the signals that tell that thing to do what it does are what's really causing the problem.

Do you have the ball save timer option on? If so, how many balls do you have installed in your game? If you've only got the 5 steel and 1 ceramic, I'm thinking there might be a trough switch or the outhole that is activating even when there is no ball there. When the game is reloading the gumball after a LITZ wizard mode, that's exactly what it does. It sees a ball in the outhole but since the trough is full, it sends one to the auto-fire kicker.

Good luck!

#2359 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Anyone hear from Ingo recently? I tried sending him a couple emails about dead GI on my board, hadn't heard back. Was wondering if he was on holiday or something..

To follow up, in case anyone was worried there was a problem with my board -

it was NOT the board, but a *very* oddly specific combination of issues.
In short, a pin was *just* loose enough on the inline Molex connector for the clock.

Why I couldn't track it down -
With the playfield raised - either all the way up or on its stands - gravity was causing the pin to make connection. So I'd disconnect the clock, measure voltage and get voltage! Then I'd drop the playfield, connect the clock, and wouldn't get any lights. It just so happened that in ALL of my testing, I never raised the playfield *with the clock connected*, so I never saw it light up when lifting the field.

Argh.

#2360 7 years ago

Oh - and for folks going to York. I'm really stoked about the bottom two door-panel flashers. I got them installed last night, and it's really an amazing look - the flasher animations work with the light animations really well - almost like they were meant to be!(*) Be curious to see what others think.

(* - They were. In development, the center panels (Lock 1, 2, Gum, Ball) each had a flasher. Top two were connected to the Upper Left Ramp and Upper Right Ramp - when you buy a kit for the door flashers, this is where they are connected to. The *bottom* two, are connected to the Pop Bumper flasher and the Upper R Flipper flasher. if you get GLM's board, *it is wrong* - they just feed the bottom two off the top two.)

#2361 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

To follow up, in case anyone was worried there was a problem with my board -
it was NOT the board, but a *very* oddly specific combination of issues.
In short, a pin was *just* loose enough on the inline Molex connector for the clock.
Why I couldn't track it down -
With the playfield raised - either all the way up or on its stands - gravity was causing the pin to make connection. So I'd disconnect the clock, measure voltage and get voltage! Then I'd drop the playfield, connect the clock, and wouldn't get any lights. It just so happened that in ALL of my testing, I never raised the playfield *with the clock connected*, so I never saw it light up when lifting the field.
Argh.

Can I say "I told you so" about Ingo's board?

#2362 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

(Lock 1, 2, Bum, Ball)

Bum Ball? What are you, British!

#2363 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Oh - and for folks going to York. I'm really stoked about the bottom two door-panel flashers. I got them installed last night, and it's really an amazing look - the flasher animations work with the light animations really well - almost like they were meant to be!(*) Be curious to see what others think.
(* - They were. In development, the center panels (Lock 1, 2, Bum, Ball) each had a flasher. Top two were connected to the Upper Left Ramp and Upper Right Ramp - when you buy a kit for the door flashers, this is where they are connected to. The *bottom* two, are connected to the Pop Bumper flasher and the Upper R Flipper flasher. if you get GLM's board, *it is wrong* - they just feed the bottom two off the top two.)

Post a video, man!

#2364 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

(* - They were. In development, the center panels (Lock 1, 2, Bum, Ball) each had a flasher. Top two were connected to the Upper Left Ramp and Upper Right Ramp - when you buy a kit for the door flashers, this is where they are connected to. The *bottom* two, are connected to the Pop Bumper flasher and the Upper R Flipper flasher. if you get GLM's board, *it is wrong* - they just feed the bottom two off the top two.)

Uhh, Coyote, perhaps i am misreading here, but do the connections have to be changed, did you alter the setup?

#2365 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Can I say "I told you so?" about Ingo's board?

Quoted from Seatmandan:

Bum Ball? What are you, British!

I was pretty sure it wasn't the board itslef - more like something funky with my game to CAUSE something on the board to fail. But, it wasn't even that. Honestly, my game has been schitzo since it got delivered from the factory - it's just the way it is. My GI strings put out ~8vac, instead of the normal ~6.3vac. (And it did this with the original PDB, *AND* PinLED's replacement board.) So, my original worry was that the game blew one of the components on Ingo's board - through no fault of the board's.

And, wait.. it's not supposed to be 'Bum Ball'?! What's everyone else's game say?!

#2366 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Post a video, man!

Quoted from Thor-NL:

Uhh, Coyote, perhaps i am misreading here, but do the connections have to be changed, did you alter the setup?

I'll get a video tonight. I'm not sure how well my camera will catch the flashers (never tried before..!)

My game was originally shipped with the door flasher board - the small, two-flasher board mounted atop of the door light board - from the factory. There's a plug (in my game - it was removed in production games) that plugs in as part of the factory wiring harness. This is unchanged. The GLM's board (http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/tzdpb.html), while very nice, is not correct for how prototype games had the flashers. Their board wires 'GUM' and 'LOCK 2' together, and 'BALL' and 'LOCK 1' together. When in reality, they were connected to 4 different flasher circuits.

So what I did was use Comet's 'Matrix' system, got two 12v small flashers, and literally taped them to the front of my door light board, and then made molex jumpers to plug into the UR Flipper Flasher and the Pop Bumper flasher points. It took maybe 30 minutes, the longest was spent crimping on the molex plugs to jumper in. I'll get a pic tonight, if interested. (I also wanted it to be easily removable, which it is..)

#2367 7 years ago

Lately when the ball comes down the metal wire form and instead of flipping down on the playfield it flips to the back & up. Does anybody know what I can do to fix this? Thanks

20160802_134214_(resized).jpg20160802_134214_(resized).jpg

#2368 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Lately when the ball comes down the metal wire form and instead of flipping down on the playfield it flips to the back & up. Does anybody know what I can do to fix this? Thanks

PinballPro.com (and others) offer:

Twilight Zone Diverter Magnet TZ-DM
$13.95
No more pinball bounce out!
In stock
Add to cart
SKU: TZ-DM. Category: Accessory Products. Tag: Twilight Zone.
TZ_magnet_(resized).jpgTZ_magnet_(resized).jpg

#2369 7 years ago

Can't wait to see some install pics and the vid of your flashers, Coyote.

#2370 7 years ago

Hello all! So my trough sensor has shit the bed, no longer recognizes the Power Ball. Was going to order the TZ Trough Eddy Set from Pinbits, but they've been sold out for quite a while. Just checked Marco, they are out as well. Anyone know where else I could look to order one from??

Suggestions appreciated.

#2371 7 years ago

Well, I was gonna say Little Shop Of Games- I bought mine back in April from them but looks like they are out as well..

Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Anyone know where else I could look to order one from??

EDIT- Thought it was K's Arcade- was wrong, changed it to LSOG

#2372 7 years ago

FYI, In case anyone is interested, I just listed my all original TZ for sale in the Marketplace. It comes with the trough eddy upgrade kit AND a spare OEM trough eddy board set, along with a few extras.

Greg

#2373 7 years ago
Quoted from swanng:

FYI, In case anyone is interested, I just listed my all original TZ for sale in the Marketplace. It comes with the trough eddy upgrade kit AND a spare OEM trough eddy board set, along with a few extras.
Greg

whats up with that avatar of yours? is that you?

#2374 7 years ago

Marco sells the sensors, but they look to be the OEM ones... No trough board though

Trough sensor:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16528

subway eddy sensor:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16535

Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Anyone know where else I could look to order one from??

#2375 7 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

PinballPro.com (and others) offer:
Twilight Zone Diverter Magnet TZ-DM
$13.95
No more pinball bounce out!
In stock
Add to cart
SKU: TZ-DM. Category: Accessory Products. Tag: Twilight Zone.

Please don't do that.

They sell magnets at various electronic store for like $1 and double side tape at the dollars store to do this mod in a 100 TZ.

#2376 7 years ago

I just read this item description in the TZ marketplace "for sale" section and thought it was funny:

Item description

Well-functioning machine!
playfield box must renovation!
Plastic, light bulbs, tires finger!
England transporting the machine door to door minibus 200pounds!

#2377 7 years ago

Just sold my TZ today and buyer didn't want some of the mods and had extras for it anyhow.
Don't plan on doing another high end anytime soon, so I thought I'd see if anyone wants this stuff.

Pinbits Gumball Machine light kit [warm white leds] - $35 Instructions on pinbits website

Robby the Robot Mod with lights. - This is a kit with 555 sockets and has a mounting plate where it mounts over the left ramp. $100
Note on Robby - one of the tiny circle "antennas" has broken off. It is included and just needs reaffixed.

Thought I'd post here for you guys instead of creating a marketplace ad. If Mods don't like it, I will if requested to.
Gift paypal preferred and Shipping is a flat $5 no matter how much you buy.

IMAG1639_(resized).jpgIMAG1639_(resized).jpg

#2378 7 years ago

Okay, as asked, here are install pics of the flashers. I marked them NSFW since I'm embarrassed at how it's done. But again, I didn't want to make it permanent. I also included a shot of my Prelim Manual, showing original coil names. And check out those GI Names!

The video follows the pics. Yes the glass is off, I tried to get some of the more common light animations.

#2379 7 years ago

Thanks for doing this Coyote. It's always great to get a better understanding for what the game's designers originally wanted to do and what/why things were removed later on.

I wonder if all those extra flashers would have created a necessity for added circuitry that they just couldn't fit on the power board or if they just decided that the game benefitted more just having the flashers on the edges of the playfield and not in the dead center of it. We may never really know, but I'm all for anyone bringing a prototype or sample game back to the way it was meant to be built. I can also definitely appreciate that you didn't make any kind of permanent modifications to anything to get this done. It's the best of both worlds, preserving the game's originality while enjoying its original design.

Well done!

#2380 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Just sold my TZ today and buyer didn't want some of the mods and had extras for it anyhow.
Don't plan on doing another high end anytime soon, so I thought I'd see if anyone wants this stuff.
Pinbits Gumball Machine light kit [warm white leds] - $35 Instructions on pinbits website
Pinbits Gumball Machine light kit [warm white leds] - $35 [yes, I have 2 sets]
Pinballpro Piano Mod - $50 Instructions included
Scoop light kit with Blue LED - $10 Instructions included
Rocket Mod - $40 [Looks like this version requires a tiny hole to be drilled on the rocket plastic for mounting. I'm not a big fan of permanent modification but this plastic can be found cheaply if you'd ever want to reverse the mod]
Slot Machine Mod - Hadn't seen this one before. Side is cut away and ball rolls thru the left side - so the slot faces the front of the machine. Ball doesn't go thru it like the other ones. Same slot machine though - heavy metal with secure mounting hardware. $25
Robby the Robot Mod with lights. - This is a kit with 555 sockets and has a mounting plate where it mounts over the left ramp. $100
Note on Robby - one of the tiny circle "antennas" has broken off. It is included and just needs reaffixed.
Thought I'd post here for you guys instead of creating a marketplace ad. If Mods don't like it, I will if requested to.
Gift paypal preferred and Shipping is a flat $5 no matter how much you buy.

PM SENT !!!

#2381 7 years ago

Im unsure if this has been posted here before but all i can say is poor Tz

#2382 7 years ago

WOW!!!! That one got the bad taste record. Undisputed!

#2383 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

» YouTube video

Holy cow, that has GOT to be a joke. I mean, at the very least, what does Jim Morrison even have too do with TZ?

#2384 7 years ago

All that and NO color dmd...

#2385 7 years ago
Quoted from rbissett:

All that and NO color dmd...

Only because he couldn't make it himself for less than 50 bucks.

If he knew about the DMDExtender, I'm sure he'd do that at least. Although, I'm afraid to imagine of the colors he'd choose!

#2386 7 years ago

FYI-adjusted price on my TZ listed in the Marketplace to match Craigslist advertisement. $5400.00 for everything, $5000.00 for the TZ by it's lonesome.

#2387 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

» YouTube video

Maybe he should focus on that credit dot first, it's probably a dot telling him to please stop with the mods. Call him and for $50 he will tell you how to make a mod, what a champ.

#2388 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

all i can say is poor Tz

It's like..... I don't know..... everything that I (and probably most TZ owners/fans) love about the game is coated & masked with a bunch of garbage... What a shame..

#2389 7 years ago

That video is a joke right? Making fun of all the mods for tz ?

#2390 7 years ago

I'm gonna give him a call and see if he can hook me up with a talking Jim Morrison mod for less than fifty bucks...

#2391 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Holy cow, that has GOT to be a joke. I mean, at the very least, what does Jim Morrison even have too do with TZ?

jim morrison of the doors- the doors in the game, get it? put a friggin axe to the door in the shooter lane.

#2392 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

jim morrison of the doors- the doors in the game, get it? put a friggin axe to the door in the shooter lane.

Yeah, I figured that actually, but then also thought that was too much of a stretch...

#2393 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

that was too much of a stretch...

"Don't touch The Doors...don't touch THE DOORS....DON'T TOUCH THE DOORS

#2394 7 years ago

hahahahaha. A dinosaur. This made my day.

#2395 7 years ago

Be kind to your TZ. If it doesn't play right, restore it, don't sell for a Ghostbusters. Btw, is it just me or has the value on the pin gone up on avg $1K in the past couple years?

20160806_074309_(resized).jpg20160806_074309_(resized).jpg

#2396 7 years ago

It took me almost 20 years to find the right TZ for my collection. The Ghost Busters is just an addition to the collection.

DO NOT give up your pins - just keep on adding, justifying, over-spending and rationalizing. Take it from an expert...

#2397 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

It took me almost 20 years to find the right TZ for my collection. The Ghost Busters is just an addition to the collection.
DO NOT give up your pins - just keep on adding, justifying, over-spending and rationalizing. Take it from an expert...

I believe it's ok to let go of pins sometimes but a BW TZ for a Stern GB? Reaally....?

#2398 7 years ago

Thanks @dgoett Mods arrived safe & sound!! Appreciate the key chain plastic extras!

Piano mod installed - a MUST have mod in my book

20160806_163609_(resized).jpg20160806_163609_(resized).jpg

#2399 7 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

I believe it's ok to let go of pins sometimes but a BW TZ for a Stern GB? Reaally....?

Hey, I sold my TZ to raise money for a GOT Premium and six months later I'm still happy I did it.

#2400 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hey, I sold my TZ to raise money for a GOT Premium and six months later I'm still happy I did it.

Not cool, man, not cool!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/48?hl=rbissett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.