IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 305.
#2151 7 years ago

When I got my TZ, the balls were stuck in the upper right 'robot shot' multiball lock. A part was laying in there, blocking them. Take a look around, and all will be revealed.

Maybe the slot machine kickout has an issue, or the VUK for the gumball machine does. The subways are clear, so when you stand the playfield up, you can see any issues.

#2152 7 years ago

Unless they're really dirty, the tunnels on TZ are see-though .. you should be able to lift the playfield and see where the balls are.

There are three places the ball falls down on one side : town square, gumball, and piano
and the skill shot on the other.

All of these feed to the slot kickout.

Typically there's a light bulb down in there blocking the path (often it's the yellow light by the mini-pf, or one of the piano lights)

#2153 7 years ago

Does anyone happen to have the Cointaker LED translite door light kit installed?

Can you please show pictures of where the LED strips are placed & where the two plug-ins go? The directions are very dark and hard to see. Thank you

#2154 7 years ago
Quoted from _litz:

Unless they're really dirty, the tunnels on TZ are see-though .. you should be able to lift the playfield and see where the balls are.
There are three places the ball falls down on one side : town square, gumball, and piano
and the skill shot on the other.
All of these feed to the slot kickout.
Typically there's a light bulb down in there blocking the path (often it's the yellow light by the mini-pf, or one of the piano lights)

Odd, the TZ I have at my house currently is having issues too, but mine are gummed up switches. They all have enough crud in them that the balls won't rollover the switches. If there is no bulb or something along those lines blocking the balls, check to see if the switches operate smoothly.

#2155 7 years ago

On my issue with balls not coming up... it was a stuck purple post sleeve against a switch lever.

Here's another riddle. The flasher near the upper right flipper is stuck on & is melting. Any idea why??

20160605_102317_(resized).jpg20160605_102317_(resized).jpg

#2156 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Here's another riddle. The flasher near the upper right flipper is stuck on & is melting. Any idea why??

Are you sure there is a flasher there? Or is it just GI lighting?

#2158 7 years ago

Joined the club yesterday. Needs cleaned but it plays great. Got a deal too

20160604_175944_(resized).jpg20160604_175944_(resized).jpg

#2159 7 years ago

I tried re-seating the cables & didn't see any bad wires but the flasher sill is stuck on. Which part should I replace on the driver board? Thanks.

#2160 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

On my issue with balls not coming up... it was a stuck purple post sleeve against a switch lever.

You have a shorted transistor and or a shorted pre drive transistor.

#2161 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

You have a shorted transistor and or a shorted pre drive transistor.

Ok... thank you. I think I will send the board to Chris Hibler. He does great work.

#2162 7 years ago

Does anyone know where this metal part goes? Thanks tons for all your help with my TZ.

20160605_164451_(resized).jpg20160605_164451_(resized).jpg

#2163 7 years ago

This same exact flasher was stuck on my TZ and burned the plastic in two! I found the problem and it was a very unlikely fix. During a complete tear down I found that one of the three flashers up next to the gumball machine had it's socket lugs bent and touching each other. Straightening those out fixed the flasher down by the upper flipper!

#2164 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Does anyone know where this metal part goes? Thanks tons for all your help with my TZ.

That's the rocket kicker plate. Goes on the two posts just under the rocket kicker, above the in/outlanes.

#2165 7 years ago

That pic looks to be a ball guide at the rocket launcher.

#2166 7 years ago

Today I replaced the slot machine plastic (& replaced the rivet with a small screw ), fixed a stripped screw hole on my bridge diverter and put new balls in my machine. I was very happy and it was playing so nice.

While playing, I noticed my ball got stuck at the rocket which never really happened before but I hoped it was just a fluke and kept playing. Unfortunately no fluke so after the third tilt from trying to roll it out, here I am.

I attached a picture because honestly I never looked too close and I am not sure what it should look like. When I push the trigger back the machine makes the noise like it is rocketing out the ball but it isn't working. Any ideas?

This could have at least waited a week since I just fixed the only 2 nagging issues it had and really wanted to enjoy it after lol. Thanks!

1465163048312-1468220424_(resized).jpg1465163048312-1468220424_(resized).jpg

#2167 7 years ago

Could your metal bracket be adjusted way to close to that switch and holding the ball away from the launch pad.

#2168 7 years ago

The guide is upside down?

#2169 7 years ago

It has always worked until now, so unless it moved on its own or flipped itself upside down, I am not sure if either of those things are the problem.

Can someone share a picture of it on their machine?

#2170 7 years ago

The guide is right side up, but it's adjusted way too far to the left. It should be more parallel to the rocket path.

#2171 7 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

The guide is right side up, but it's adjusted way too far to the left. It should be more parallel to the rocket path.

I could see that being an issue, now I wonder why it always worked before now.

#2172 7 years ago

The two screws on top of the rocket plastic hold the guide in place and need to be tight. Adjust the guide in a straight line with the ball path and tighten those screws. You'll need to adjust it just right so it doesn't hit the 5 mil target in front of the hitchhiker.

#2173 7 years ago
Quoted from Fan_of_Feynman:

I could see that being an issue, now I wonder why it always worked before now.

I bet that screw is not tight.

#2174 7 years ago

I'd actually say that the top of the bracket isn't even around the screw, honestly..

#2175 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I'd actually say that the top of the bracket isn't even around the screw, honestly..

Yeah, I don't think you should even be able to adjust it that far left. The front screw needs to go through the slot in the guide.

#2176 7 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

The two screws on top of the rocket plastic hold the guide in place and need to be tight. Adjust the guide in a straight line with the ball path and tighten those screws. You'll need to adjust it just right so it doesn't hit the 5 mil target in front of the hitchhiker.

Thank you, I will do that now.

Quoted from Coyote:

looking now, on the front screw, I think you might be right!! That is definitely a problem!

Brb with an update.

#2177 7 years ago

Perfect! So glad it was an easy fix! As soon as I started to loosen the screw, it let the ball guide move and the kicker sprung back, I put the guide under BOTH screws and it all better now. Thanks everyone.

#2178 7 years ago

What is your favorite TZ custom instruction card & where did you get it? Show pictures.

#2180 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Finished taking out the plastic tunnels under the playfield. Put them in the tub w hot water, sudsy Dawn & used a Scrub Daddy. I dried them & used Novus 1.
They were pretty black from coil dust/dirt. Should help keep the playfield/balls cleaner.

That looks good, but you missed one of the subways! I did the same thing when I first cleaned mine.

904594a7649371b3e24cae622c415a8940edc06f_(1)_(resized).jpg904594a7649371b3e24cae622c415a8940edc06f_(1)_(resized).jpg

#2181 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

What is your favorite TZ custom instruction card & where did you get it? Show pictures.

Me to20160605_230713.jpg20160605_230713.jpg

#2182 7 years ago
Quoted from mab487:

That looks good, but you missed one of the subways! I did the same thing when I first cleaned mine.

Oh noooo.... which one did I miss?

#2183 7 years ago

Those are nice looking, great colors & design.

#2184 7 years ago

posted a pic above

#2185 7 years ago

He may not have missed that. Some gumball subways are tinted dark. Mine is, for example.

#2186 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

He may not have missed that. Some gumball subways are tinted dark. Mine is, for example.

#2187 7 years ago

Right... that 1 was tinted... I wonder why

#2188 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Right... that 1 was tinted... I wonder why

Different plastic run, I believe. My early sample also has the small skillshot - slot machine one tinted. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

#2189 7 years ago

Thought I would repost this as there seems to be a recent trend in TZ owners wanting info on what part goes where.

I have hundreds of TZ tear down pics posted the oct recent from this last weekend on the Clock

Pintech
US Brooklyn Heights, NY

TZ owners I am in the process of restoring the 3rd TZ for a client.
You can follow the progress with many pics and some descriptions of whats is being done on my FB page "Pintech"
On the timeline scroll down for past restorations including past TZ restores.
Maybe you will find some helpful info with your machines.

#2190 7 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Could your metal bracket be adjusted way to close to that switch and holding the ball away from the launch pad.

I liked your choice of post sleeve color in that spot so I copied you. Thanks

#2192 7 years ago

In the Cointaker led instalation guide it says to use a 555 warm super here but when i do the all flasher test... it flashes. Should a 906 flasher go there??

20160606_201217_(resized).jpg20160606_201217_(resized).jpg

#2193 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

In the Cointaker led instalation guide it says to use a 555 warm super here but when i do the all flasher test... it flashes. Should a 906 flasher go there??

Yes its a flasher for sure

#2194 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yes its a flasher for sure

Thank you.

#2195 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Always double check against the manual as well, they always show the locations of the flashers.

#2196 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

I liked your choice of post sleeve color in that spot so I copied you. Thanks

Whose? Mine or fiberdude120's?

#2197 7 years ago
Quoted from Fan_of_Feynman:

Whose? Mine or fiberdude120's?

Yours.... the orange look good there. Can you please post a picture of your whole playfield? You have a great eye. Thanks

#2198 7 years ago

On the auto plunger... sometimes the ball has a hard time kicking up all the way to get to the gumball machine (it takes 2-3 times to make it) would a new coil sleeve help much or do I need to replace the coil etc? Thanks

#2199 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

On the auto plunger... sometimes the ball has a hard time kicking up all the way to get to the gumball machine (it takes 2-3 times to make it) would a new coil sleeve help much or do I need to replace the coil etc? Thanks

Verify coil type, new sleeve, and new kicker arm and pivot bracket, if needed. Mine shoots up so fast that sometimes ball will fly around and go STDM if you're not paying attention.

Edit to add: Also check aiming of the kicker arm - make sure the ball's not hitting anything on it's way out of the autofire cage, etc.

#2200 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

sometimes the ball has a hard time kicking up all the way to get to the gumball machine

There's a mod on here somewhere that shows someone adding washers to the auto-fire kicker arm pivot to take out the slack so it strikes/launches the ball consistently every time....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 132.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 15,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/44?hl=no_skill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.