IMG_6425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240406_221516459 (resized).jpg
IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 305.
#2051 7 years ago

Anyone wanna trade there TZ for LOTR?

#2052 7 years ago

Sure! My TZ is in about 1,200 pieces though but it is all there. It is like a puzzle - just think of all the fun you can have putting it back together! I did many like this so here is your chance.

#2053 7 years ago

Twilight Zone "Epic Mod Disaster"

DO NOT do this to your game.
It will NOT add an value to the machine.
$$$ for garbage.
This photo does not actually even include every mod either.
Some were non-reversible.

Twilight_Zone_Mod_Disaster.jpgTwilight_Zone_Mod_Disaster.jpg

#2054 7 years ago

I've always said.... Less is definitely more!

#2055 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

$$$ for garbage.
Twilight_Zone_Mod_Disaster.jpg

To each his own, I like it! And those are not my mods either.

#2056 7 years ago

$$$ for garbage.

Holy crap, that's the worst I've ever seen.

#2057 7 years ago

$$$ for garbage.

While I don't like going overboard on cheap toys peppered everywhere, it still annoys me more that the pop bumper caps are out of order. Also, all those mods and he couldn't get pop bumper skirts to match the caps? TZ pop bumpers: my pet peeve forever.

#2058 7 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

They look laser cut to me.

They are....just ordered a set!!!!

#2059 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

They are....just ordered a set!!!!

Pics when installed, please!

#2060 7 years ago

As a TZ and Shadow owner I had to pick this up at Detroits new Vault of Midnight comic book shop, lol.

20160502_144400_(resized).jpg20160502_144400_(resized).jpg

#2061 7 years ago

COOL!

#2062 7 years ago

$$$ for garbage.

xTheBlackKnightx can you get me in contact with this owner?
I see he is missing a kitchensink in there, and i have one for sale

#2063 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

As a TZ and Shadow owner I had to pick this up at Detroits new Vault of Midnight comic book shop, lol.

20160502_144400_(resized).jpg

"Very tasteful", I will look this comic book up exclusively for the artwork.

#2064 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Pics when installed, please!

Absolutely.....Im toying w dark blue instead of white, being my machine is " colorized" pretty well anyway....the colordmd rocks this game...still leaning white, but I can scratch my head until they arrive.....

#2066 7 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Sure! My TZ is in about 1,200 pieces though but it is all there. It is like a puzzle - just think of all the fun you can have putting it back together! I did many like this so here is your chance.

Was never good at puzzles.

#2067 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Was never good at puzzles.

Think of it as a giant LEGO set, with online instructions...!

#2068 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Think of it as a giant LEGO set, with online instructions...!

Nice i think Ill wait for one already put together.

#2069 7 years ago

Finally finished my TZ restoration. This ones a keeper for sure. the PPS Next gen decals for the main cab were a little muted, but I'm happy with the results

DSC05699_(resized).JPGDSC05699_(resized).JPG

DSC05700_(resized).JPGDSC05700_(resized).JPG

DSC05701_(resized).JPGDSC05701_(resized).JPG

DSC05686_(resized).JPGDSC05686_(resized).JPG

DSC05687_(resized).JPGDSC05687_(resized).JPG

DSC05688_(resized).JPGDSC05688_(resized).JPG

DSC05689_(resized).JPGDSC05689_(resized).JPG

DSC05690_(resized).JPGDSC05690_(resized).JPG

DSC05691_(resized).JPGDSC05691_(resized).JPG

DSC05692_(resized).JPGDSC05692_(resized).JPG

DSC05693_(resized).JPGDSC05693_(resized).JPG

DSC05694_(resized).JPGDSC05694_(resized).JPG

DSC05695_(resized).JPGDSC05695_(resized).JPG

DSC05696_(resized).JPGDSC05696_(resized).JPG

DSC05697_(resized).JPGDSC05697_(resized).JPG

DSC05698_(resized).JPGDSC05698_(resized).JPG

#2070 7 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Finally finished my TZ restoration. This ones a keeper for sure. the PPS Next gen decals for the main cab were a little muted, but I'm happy with the results

You don;t play the cabinet man!

Looks in great shape...I usually don't like to promote mods, but the GLM powerfield switch kit really is a sleek look.

#2071 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

but the GLM powerfield switch kit really is a sleek look.

I've seen that one talked about quite a bit. I'll do that one for sure, maybe in the fall. Are the rail switches more sensitive than the stock microswitch ones?

#2072 7 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I've seen that one talked about quite a bit. I'll do that one for sure, maybe in the fall. Are the rail switches more sensitive than the stock microswitch ones?

It's been so long I couldn't remember if one is over the other, but it works perfectly with the GLM.

#2073 7 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Are the rail switches more sensitive than the stock microswitch ones?

I adjusted mine so they are sensitive and the kit works great. You can adjust them somewhat either way. The big thing for me was to get rid of the ugly switches and it did the job beautifully.

#2074 7 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

While I don't like going overboard on cheap toys peppered everywhere, it still annoys me more that the pop bumper caps are out of order. Also, all those mods and he couldn't get pop bumper skirts to match the caps? TZ pop bumpers: my pet peeve forever.

Another sad part is with all the stuff going on the playfield, the owner did not even realize he was missing 3X gray switch covers (and clips) on the upper playfield, and only one was about to fall off. These actually have significant importance to protect the microswitches from being damage from game play and airballs. Major cheapo in comparison to the Walmart toys. They used to be hard to find. The collector must have been getting ready to install another mod, and forgot.

NOTE: This is one of the major reasons why these switches have to be replaced or "upgraded" (they are not ugly if you cannot see them), and they are a minor PITA to redo, but easier than rebuilding a gumball machine.

#2075 7 years ago

(they are not ugly if you cannot see them)

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder

#2076 7 years ago

"More mods or more games?"
I take more games.

#2077 7 years ago

Haven't fully installed it yet because I ain't got the electronic skills (neither have the balls to try it myself), but here's a damn well built mod that I really liked and fits perfectly well (had to loosen the mini-PF switch brackets a bit, in order to fit the Pyramid in)... Hopefully I'll have it fully working in a couple of weeks... Thanks to Tim at just3Dmods.com!

20160510_074925_(resized).jpg20160510_074925_(resized).jpg

20160510_074919_(resized).jpg20160510_074919_(resized).jpg

20160510_074909_(resized).jpg20160510_074909_(resized).jpg

#2078 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Haven't fully installed it yet because I ain't got the electronic skills (neither have the balls to try it myself), but here's a damn well built mod that I really liked and fits perfectly well (had to loosen the mini-PF switch brackets a bit, in order to fit the Pyramid in)... Hopefully I'll have it fully working in a couple of weeks... Thanks to Tim at just3Dmods.com!

It's a nice looking mod, but it seems to obstruct the view of the mini playfield. It's already bad enough with the giant switches.

#2079 7 years ago

Its size is perfect, doesn't obstruct anything at all... check the third pic that is closer to the players perspective! But I do think the giant switches are the truly villains here, and they'll be soon taken care of!

#2080 7 years ago

Should I sell TZ to get RRWOZ?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2081 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Should I sell TZ to get RRWOZ?

Life is a big adventure,so if you feel thats the path to take go for it.

#2082 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Its size is perfect, doesn't obstruct anything at all... check the third pic that is closer to the players perspective! But I do think the giant switches are the truly villains here, and they'll be soon taken care of!

Thanks Amendes for the review and it does not obstruct the view but pictures of it at playfield level may look like it but when standing and playing the game it does not obstruct the view. I have a few more of these to sell at $45 for TZ Owner's Club members with $2.45 to ship so if anyone wants any of the remaining stock PM me and you can have one in 3 or 4 days if you are in the US.

Amendes the light hook up is pretty simple and just follow the color instructions we sent with the mod to hook up the light. Here is what the instructions look like for others to see how it is done. This mod was designed from scratch and 3d printed by my son Trevor who also did the original final design for the Mezel mod WOZ tornado.

One thing I like about this mod is that when the power light is lit on the playfield it not easily recognized since your eyes are mostly on the flippers but you can see the eye light up when the power light come on and since it is closer to what you are watching it is more recognizable. Also the led wedge bulb is easily to replace if one is bad or one wants a different color, use ghosting bulbs since non ghosting ones tend to stay on all the time.

Pyramid_Visual_Guide_(resized).jpgPyramid_Visual_Guide_(resized).jpg

#2083 7 years ago

Today is National Twilight Zone day!

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/05/11/twilight-zone-fast-facts/

Get a few flips in on our favorite machine in tribute!

#2084 7 years ago

Hey Everybody, please help. I just noticed that the rod that controls the ball drop mech on top of the ramp to the Battle the Power appears to be broken. I don't know what it looked like before so I can't recreate one. I've tried finding the other half of the broken part, but it is buried somewhere in the many layers of The Twilight Zone....... Can someone take a pic of the way it is supposed to look so that I can maybe fashion a new one? Or, is there one of these available in the aftermarket. The rod goes down into the top of a solenoid under the play field.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can offer some help in this situation. I really appreciate it.

Battle_power_rod_(resized).jpgBattle_power_rod_(resized).jpg

#2085 7 years ago

Look in the manual, the design and part # are listed in there. Some sellers sell new ones.

#2086 7 years ago
Quoted from Djude:

the rod that controls the ball drop mech on top of the ramp to the Battle the Power appears to be broken

You get one for a few bucks + shipping...

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7082

#2087 7 years ago
Quoted from Djude:

Or, is there one of these available in the aftermarket. The rod goes down into the top of a solenoid under the play field.

I use this place whenever I can- http://littleshopofgames.com/product/twilight-zone-bridge-wire-actuator-12-7082/

#2088 7 years ago

thanks guys..... I really appreciate the help. I have used Marco a lot, but given that Curly is a neighbor... I will definitely go to LSOG... hell might be a good reason to head up there to play some new games....

#2089 7 years ago

Just wondering if any of you decided to put in other post rubber colors besides the original black? If so... what did you think looked best?

#2090 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Just wondering if any of you decided to put in other post rubber colors besides the original black? If so... what did you think looked best?

I put in superbands red, blue and yellows throughout the game and seem to get tons of air-balls off the two next to the ramps. Might change back to black

#2091 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

i put in black, just didn't look right, i went back to original white & I'm glad i did, seems its more ball action in the upper PF also

#2092 7 years ago

I'm installing Ingo's clock board & the directions say when the optos are inserted all the way that they are at the correct height but when I go to push them in they seem to stop but there is wire still exposed. Is this correct? Thank you

20160516_192319_(resized).jpg20160516_192319_(resized).jpg

#2093 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

I'm installing Ingo's clock board & the directions say when the optos are inserted all the way that they are at the correct height but when I go to push them in they seem to stop but there is wire still exposed. Is this correct? Thank you

If you go to his website there is a picture there.

#2094 7 years ago

Thanks. I have everything installed & put back together. The clock tests all work fine but there are no led's lit in the clock & warm whites are in there. Any ideas why they are not lit?

#2095 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

I have sent you an e-mail.

YES, the optos are installed correct - all notched edges must show outside.

Check your Molex-connector coming from under the playfield and going to the right connector of my board. Often people have there a connector problem, that has nothing to do with my board.

We will get your board running ...

#2096 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So you're saying you can make multiple ramp & loop shots with either flipper...bu bu they also told me it has "no flow!"

I ended up standing behind the people playing my game at different times during the tournament to hear people's reactions to the way my TZ plays. Got a lot of "too fast" comments and one guy complaining about the slot scoop. I guess he had a ball plunge directly down the middle from it. My slot scoop is fully rewelded and setup to hit the right flipper just left of dead center. That dude needs to remember that it's a pinball machine and will not do the same exact thing 100% of the time. The ball's spin might have caught just right on the mylar, who knows. I played it a few times on Sunday, too, never did it to me...

I loved seeing people playing with the powerball and shooting the left loop with it. That damn thing FLIES around that loop when you flip it from the right flipper! You'd better be ready!

I haven't fully set it back up since I got it home. I'm curious to see how many plays it got, even with it being off all day Friday.

#2097 7 years ago

Ingo is helping me (Super nice guy) via email on trying to figure out why the LED's are not lighting on the clock. I have change out the 2 - 8 hole Molex connectors, switched to a different set of LED's & put the original clock board in & still don't have lights. I know these are connected to the GI & don't see any plugs unplugged.

Does anyone have any ideas what to check? Thanks tons

20160517_224051_(resized).jpg20160517_224051_(resized).jpg

20160517_224248_(resized).jpg20160517_224248_(resized).jpg

20160517_224706_(resized).jpg20160517_224706_(resized).jpg

#2098 7 years ago

Are you getting power to the PF side of the plug?
Are the GI working in the backbox? (On the same string - text insert and click face..)

#2099 7 years ago

Thanks Coyote... I thought a video would show whats going on. The lights in the upper backglass are not working.

https://you tu.be/L8aGiBUN3Ow

#2100 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Thanks Coyote... I thought a video would show whats going on. The lights in the upper backglass are not working.
https://you tu.be/L8aGiBUN3Ow

Okaqy, then your problem is nothing to do with the clocki, but on your power driver board. (Since the PF and backbox use different plugs, it's not a PF wiring issue..) Check fuses on the power board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.