Topic Stats

• 7,602 posts
  • 568 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 302 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,964 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191020_141439 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20191009_174229 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG-20191019-WA0001 (resized).jpeg
2019-10-09 17.40.58 (resized).jpg
2019-10-09 23.59.41 (resized).jpg
2019-10-09 23.59.58 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20191007_131432 (resized).jpg
20191007_201008 (resized).jpg
20191007_212759 (resized).jpg
20191007_213015 (resized).jpg
20191007_213333 (resized).jpg
20191007_213353 (resized).jpg
20191007_213750 (resized).jpg
20191007_113745 (resized).jpg

There are 7602 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 153.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

if you have the home roms. you hold in the buy in button til you hear the spiral loop sound then shoot for the slot machine.

Thank you

#152 5 years ago

^^^^ Sounds like a Gem!!!
Congratulations

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

How do you jump to the LITZ mode? I would like to give it a try.
Thanks

Press and hold the buy in button. I don't recall needing to hit the slot machine as Mario_1_up says. Give it a go.

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

How do you jump to the LITZ mode? I would like to give it a try.
Thanks

As noted above:
Press and hold the buy-in button any time during game play.
Then hit the Slot Machine or the Player Piano.

There is also a pause feature.
During game play you can trap the ball on either flipper.
While holding the flipper (and the trapped ball), press the buy-in button to pause game play for up to 15 minutes.
Reverse procedure to resume game play.

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Where can I get a Robby the Robot? I prefer to mod it myself, so just the base toy. But if that is unobtanium I'd consider the expensive modded one ... maybe.

Some were made by Halmark for christmas tree ornaments. You can find them on ebay. I have one that I am going to get to someday.

#156 5 years ago

That 9.4H ROM pause feature is something that I would like to try, but I don't like it's "Free play" only.
Noticed 9.4CH ROM with coin option that I prefer, but looks like it's hard to get it.
Anyone knows where to buy it (with international shipping)?

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Where can I get the piano toy? Is it hard to install? Does it Need Any electrical work?
Thanks

The guy who makes that piano mod is Pinsider "pinballsmith". There are no brackets and no soldering. Not sure if he's got any left. Here's the original thread he started for that piano:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-piano-modaccessory-now-available

You can PM him from there.

#158 5 years ago

Thank you.
Btw LITZ was amazing. Now I got to get there on my own without the "buy in button"

#159 5 years ago

I have a few of the cars if anyone is interested. working headlights and taillights. plug and play. PA180564.JPGPB020583.JPG

#160 5 years ago

how much for the car marlboroa?

#161 5 years ago

What does plug and play mean? No soldering.

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

normally...is this case I would say so

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Plug-and-Play generally means "no expert knowledge required for operation/ installation".
I would assume that the car is pre-wired - lighting circuits properly engineered for correct game interface.
I would also assume that the car is provided with a disconnecting means - most likely a way to plug the car into a nearby flasher socket for easy addition/removal.

I've been looking for the model as my next project.
The flasher lamp in the town square has a tendency to wander out from under the plastic after game play. This car could be a perfect way to manage that little inconvenience without having to re-rivet the lamp socket or replace the plastic/lamp socket combo.
Does this happen to anyone else?

Also, if someone could steer me toward a scale model, I would be most grateful. The words "some assembly required" are music to my ears.

#165 5 years ago

Here's a mod I just installed...

#166 5 years ago

Here are a couple of pics of the TZ I will be getting tomorrow. Really nice original low play game.

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1823

20131106_113139.jpg 20131106_113319.jpg 20131106_113712.jpg 20131106_113152.jpg 20131106_113134.jpg
#167 5 years ago

Looks like 9.4CH ROM is hard to get... well at least a good price for it.
I can get 9.4H for about $10$, but 9.4CH would cost me $25$ + $8.55 for intl. shipping (actionpinball.com)
Anyone knows a cheaper way to get this ROM? Else I will order at Actionpinball tomorrow.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Yes no soldering. Its already wired up and has a quick connect that you feed through the playfield and a lamp socket that you use in the dead end insert. Nice and easy. I'll go $70 shipped for anyone on pinside. PB020582.JPG

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

Looks like 9.4CH ROM is hard to get... well at least a good price for it.
I can get 9.4H for about $10$, but 9.4CH would cost me $25$ + $8.55 for intl. shipping (actionpinball.com)
Anyone knows a cheaper way to get this ROM? Else I will order at Actionpinball tomorrow.

Try Dave Astill.
http://pinballrom.com/tech/wpcroms.html

#170 5 years ago

curious...who has a sp/ls/or tag play field? or a combination of 2. (Like a tag with a ls topcoat)
and how they are holding up

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Here are a couple of pics of the TZ I will be getting tomorrow

Is the subway smoked plastic? looks dirty. the rest of the game looks great. Looks like you might need some GI Joe figues and crap to fit in with some of the others on this posting.

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Is the subway smoked plastic?

The subway for the gumball VUK is supposed to be smoked and I do know some of the earlier games got smoked main subways, but normally, they are clear.

Quoted from Cobra:

Here are a couple of pics of the TZ I will be getting tomorrow. Really nice original low play game.

I don't know how to tell you this....but....that things doesn't have lower flipper rubbers and the pop bumper caps are in the wrong order. I'll gladly take this game off your hands to relieve you from the impending workload as the stress might be too much for you to take. It's the least I could do....

Seriously, though, beautiful game! That shooter lane looks super nice!

#173 5 years ago

Ya they are the new super clear rubber that you can't see. Big cash for that upgrade. Can't wait to get it set up tomorrow and play a few games.

#174 5 years ago

^^^^
Ha ha!

#175 5 years ago

anyone seen or have one of these?

twilight.jpg

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

anyone seen or have one of these?

Coasterguy had that crazy wireform on his. I think he got it from those guys in Germany, but I'm pretty sure they're not available anymore ...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-for-sale

#177 5 years ago

there is one for sale, but wants $500 at least. Cannot see it being worth that much, and may be annoying

#178 5 years ago

In the magna flipper mode, beat the power. Just as the ball enters the mini playfield, do you get a quite pronounced buzzing sound for about a second. Cant remember if this is a sound effect that happened on my old one or not?

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Ya they are the new super clear rubber that you can't see. Big cash for that upgrade.

Hope they don't break on you after the first week like some of those other new brands of bands...

(that wasn't too offsides, was it?)

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

In the magna flipper mode, beat the power. Just as the ball enters the mini playfield, do you get a quite pronounced buzzing sound for about a second. Cant remember if this is a sound effect that happened on my old one or not?

The buzzing noise is probably coming from the diverter being held open to allow the ball to enter the mini-playfield. This is normal, AFAIK.

Tony

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

The buzzing noise is probably coming from the diverter being held open to allow the ball to enter the mini-playfield. This is normal, AFAIK.
Tony

Seconding this. My diverter also makes that buzzy noise as it opens up. I've been trying to figure out if i can lube up a specific part of it to silence it a bit.

1 week later
#182 5 years ago

Sign me up. I just picked mine up last night. It needs to be shopped but should clean up really nice. I started looking at mods and this machine could end up costing me a fortune.....

#183 5 years ago

TZ rules! Blows WOZ out of the water....hehe look out here comes the flaming arrows...

#184 5 years ago

can somebody post a link to the grease that quiets the clock? ...thanks

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from Fanatic:

As noted above:
Press and hold the buy-in button any time during game play.
Then hit the Slot Machine or the Player Piano.
There is also a pause feature.
During game play you can trap the ball on either flipper.
While holding the flipper (and the trapped ball), press the buy-in button to pause game play for up to 15 minutes.
Reverse procedure to resume game play.

I tried this and not working for some reason..? I have the 9.4H.. Any ideas?

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from mab487:

I tried this and not working for some reason..? I have the 9.4H.. Any ideas?

You can turn the option for these features on in the adjustments.

#187 5 years ago

Finally made it to LITZ... What an adrenaline rush. Of course I couldn't get the billion point shot but I learned for the next time what too do. First time, so I had no idea what I was doing. Also ended up with 298 million. 2 million shy of getting my name up for it since 300 million was default high score.

#188 5 years ago

There is a billion point shot?

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

There is a billion point shot?

I wasn't looking at the DMD but my 12 year old was right next to me telling me the DMD said there was a billion point shot for the power. When it was over he asked me why I didn't hit it but I had no idea what he was talking about b/c I wasn't looking at the DMD. I told him "next time" I'll look up...

#190 5 years ago

Yes, I finally belong to one of the famous Pinside clubs. This is such a satisfying moment in my young collecting career.

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Thanks! Good to hear it's useful... I only occasionally get feedback.

I just finished reading about T2, TZ and IJ on your site. Good info. I enjoyed it.

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

Finally made it to LITZ... What an adrenaline rush. Of course I couldn't get the billion point shot but I learned for the next time what too do. First time, so I had no idea what I was doing. Also ended up with 298 million. 2 million shy of getting my name up for it since 300 million was default high score.

Sounds like a great experience. I have had two 650 million point games and one 730 million point game and did not get to LITZ. My machine is set on standard default mode. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? The more I play this game the more fun it becomes. I don't understand why some people hate the game. Once you get into it it is one of the best pins out there.

Thanks
CB

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Sounds like a great experience. I have had two 650 million point games and one 730 million point game and did not get to LITZ. My machine is set on standard default mode. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?
CB

I've had TZ a couple of months, only got to LITZ once, total score was less 700 million. You just have to complete the door to activate it. I think the post above with the 298 million score meant just for the LITZ section as there is a separate high score for LITZ, default score is 300 million.

#194 5 years ago

My high score on my pin at home is 1.6bil LITZ was 580k with the machine set on 3 ball factory settings.

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

My high score on my pin at home is 1.6bil LITZ was 580k with the machine set on 3 ball factory settings.

very nice

#196 5 years ago

Finished up a couple of mods today...

First, illuminated the power playfield signs. Mounted a light socket behind each sign and tied it into,the GI from the TZ lamp hood (orange,orange/white wires):

image-150.jpg
image-522.jpg

Then finished my Hallmark TV mod. Full credit goes to Ed Cheung as this is straight from his plans, with a couple of minor modifications:

image-65.jpg
image-326.jpg

Wiring was tied to the 5v source on the clock board.
Ground from the "G" pin, right side, second from bottom. 5v from the top leg of "C2". I made a wiring harness and tied in in from the rear so as not to mess with the board more than I had to.
image-776.jpg

And it all came together like this. Hard to see the TV images from the photos, but it looks great during play. It plays a couple dozen pics from various TZ episodes, one shot of Pat Lawlor's, and one of the translite.
image-523.jpg
image-655.jpg

1 week later
3 weeks later
#198 5 years ago

Took me a while to find this lost ball. Good thing I have the plastic protector! And yes, I know the pop cap is the wrong color, the previous owner did that and I forgot to change it when I replaced that magna flip sign.

WIN_20140104_123158.JPG
#199 5 years ago

Looks like he matched the skirt color, too. Don't bother changing the cap unless you want to change the skirt as well.

#200 5 years ago

My game is "clock broken", but it looks like it is working. Where do I start?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
There are 7602 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 153.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside