Topic Stats

• 7,602 posts
  • 568 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 303 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,964 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191020_141439 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20191009_174229 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG-20191019-WA0001 (resized).jpeg
2019-10-09 17.40.58 (resized).jpg
2019-10-09 23.59.41 (resized).jpg
2019-10-09 23.59.58 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20191007_131432 (resized).jpg
20191007_201008 (resized).jpg
20191007_212759 (resized).jpg
20191007_213015 (resized).jpg
20191007_213333 (resized).jpg
20191007_213353 (resized).jpg
20191007_213750 (resized).jpg
20191007_113745 (resized).jpg

There are 7602 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 153.
#1901 3 years ago

about to join the club very soon and thinking of buying a topper. Not a fan of the pyramid with eye ball. Rather get something else. Anyone have any good alternatives?

#1902 3 years ago

Try again and go for Ingo's.... It's a no brainer!

#1903 3 years ago
Quoted from flipper_fever76:

So my clock board is acting up again (original), i've fixed it a few times but at this point i'm ready to pony up the cash and get a replacement. I've IM'd germanpinball about the board he sells but haven't heard back from him yet. Found this replacement on ebay, anyone have any experience with this board? Good/Bad reviews? Thanks for any input.
ebay.com link » Brand New Clk001 Twilight Zone Clock Board For Twilight Zone Pinball Machines

Oh god no. Get Ingo's.

#1904 3 years ago

Yeah what those guys said.

#1905 3 years ago

Lol, okay...glad i asked.

#1906 3 years ago

anyone have a TZ with three coin slots? Never seen three.....

#1907 3 years ago

Mine does...was a German re-import so maybe was changed over when it came back.

IMG_3339_(resized).JPG

#1908 3 years ago

so is the three coin slot door a sign it was a international machine (not domestic)? I ask b/c I'm about to buy one and it has three coin slots.

#1909 3 years ago

Not really sure, just what mine has and what I know about it. Re-import not a big deal IMO. You will see 230 volts on serial number sticker and power supply, also saw a bunch of German here and there inside. It also used to come up in German when the settings are reset. I am also seeing 3slot on the model line of the serial sticker so I would think that was the way it was built. Again not really sure if it means anything or matters. Condition rules!

#1910 3 years ago

Right, BW DMD games with 3 coin slots were export games. My Fish Tales is the same, and still has the German instruction cards and individual slots for 1DM, 2DM and 5DM coins.

Re imports can have lots of hacks, heavy wear, bad cabinets, etc.

Bottom line.. As usual, don't trust photos when buying a pin. You have to see the game for yourself. That is the only way to confirm the condition/value.

#1911 3 years ago

i did this to my re-import a while back....

2009_1130TZ0011_(resized).JPG

#1912 3 years ago

here is a close up

2009_1130TZ0017_(resized).JPG

#1913 3 years ago

stickers in the coin slots? haha nice.

speaking of coin slots - do those actually take quarters and work? Or are re-imports not able to to recognize the currency?

#1914 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

stickers in the coin slots? haha nice.
speaking of coin slots - do those actually take quarters and work? Or are re-imports not able to to recognize the currency?

The coin mechanism is what matters. They come in all sorts of currencies. I've had several reimports that have had German, spain, French and Italian mechs. I believe the reimports having three gave more flexibility for countries to accept several coins where US generally has accepted quarters for much of the 80's to current. And DBA's obviously as well...

#1915 3 years ago

Another three slotter here. Mine was exported to Belgium, but was reimported from Italy. Still has the "500"(lira) in the coin rejects. My TZ has travelled better than I have.

#1916 3 years ago

Just curious why you would like to buy and import? Are they alot less spendy?

#1917 3 years ago

Mine was imported years before I bought it locally.

But yes, there are/were people in certain european countries that would go around buying up pins since there were many premium titles(to us in the states) over there that were trading at nearly half their US value. They would then fill an entire shipping container with pins and sell the whole thing to one person or group of people.

This went on for many years and it was a win/win for almost everyone. The european sellers made decent money on the sale and the US buyers got great pins at a great price. In the beginning, a lot of pins were in great shape, too. The quality and availability of great games has, of course, dwindled drastically in recent years.

Once the imported pin is set back to US voltage, other than the info on the warranty sticker, there is no real discernible difference from their untravelled brethren. They all came off the same factory line.

Once an imported pin is back on US soil in someone's collection, there won't be any real price difference upon selling, from the other same titles. Everything then defaults back to condition and market value. If something is rusty, does it matter where the rust originated? Nope.

#1918 3 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Just curious why you would like to buy and import? Are they alot less spendy?

Its all about the condition of the game to me.

#1919 3 years ago

My TZ is a reimport, but I always forget unless the subject comes up. I have a US coindoor, but the decals and power to the transformer indicate reimport. As others have said, condition should be the only factor.

#1920 3 years ago

well I'm officially in the club. This thing looked like it was in collectors edition so I decided to head down to pick it up and it's an absolute stunner. Really happy. No fade on the cab either. Owner even had the original manual AND flyer and both look like they were printed yesterday. Super clean all around. My only dilemma will be when GB comes out and I have to move one of my tables (TAF or this one......not sure what I'll do. Maybe hold on a little longer to see how GB pans out).

I'll be adding color dmd, upgraded speaker and LED soon. Has the key mods like gumball, rocket ship, but need to get the camera. They all seem to be very expensive (100) however found this one online for 60. Anyone have it?

ebay.com link » Twilight Zone Pinball Lighted Camera

Comes from mezel mods which I've bought from before but can't tell if it's a diff model than the one they sell on their website.

Also - worth getting the plastic protectors?

EDIT - ended up buying the camera. Good price. Will let you know how it is.

#1921 3 years ago

That sounds great!

I don't bother with plastic protectors on any of my games, just large nylon washers in certain spots like the front of the slings. I guess if I had something super rare, and no plastics could be found at any price, then I would.

#1922 3 years ago

I took a steel, a original power ball & a new power ball from Marco to a silver/gold buying/selling place & here are the weights.

Steel - 80.1 grams
TZ original power ball - 61.6 grams
New from Marco power ball - 61.3

I'm happy to find out the difference in the original & new power ball really isn't that far apart to make a difference in game play.

#1923 3 years ago

A few questions:

my table also came with a black "eye" ball. Seems heavy like a pinball. Anyone use this?

how do you replace the bulbs in the mini playfield inserts?

What does the flashing light represent right next to the top right part of the mini playfield? It's right beside the mp - not in it. top right.

#1924 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

A few questions:
my table also came with a black "eye" ball. Seems heavy like a pinball. Anyone use this?
What does the flashing light represent right next to the top right part of the mini playfield? It's right beside the mp - not in it. top right.

No idea.
Remove mini-pf.
Left spiral lamp. (When flashing, spural awards next lit value.)

#1925 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

A few questions:

The black eye pinball is a mod.... I have a set on my EatPM and a "Spider" set on my SS....Once I saw a black "spiral" designed pinball for sale... Can't remember where....

#1926 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

No idea.
Remove mini-pf.
Left spiral lamp. (When flashing, spural awards next lit value.)

Thanks guys! Really enjoying this game.

#1928 3 years ago

Exactly!

#1929 3 years ago

yep that's it!

#1930 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can by the spiral sign plastic that was cut from production? Had no idea what the associated light meant. Can't believe they removed it.

#1931 3 years ago

Question about those balls..

Do you guys actually play slow enough to SEE it? I mean... on my game - it wouldn't matter if the ball had the Declaration of Independence on it - it goes so fast that you'd never even *know*!

#1932 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone know where I can by the spiral sign plastic that was cut from production? Had no idea what the associated light meant. Can't believe they removed it.

Was removed because it was a ball-trap. They're available from a few sources - but without the text, unfortunately.

#1933 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If you are into this kind of modding stuff this is pretty nice: http://www.pinballdecals.com/TwilightZoneSprialSignPage.html

#1934 3 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

If you are into this kind of modding stuff this is pretty nice: http://www.pinballdecals.com/TwilightZoneSprialSignPage.html

Before spending insane amounts of monies on a bunch of mods really think aboot what is the best bang for your buck. GLM Switch Kit has always been the best mod out there...because it doesn't look like a mod.

http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/tzmpskit2.html

#1935 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Before spending insane amounts of monies on a bunch of mods really think aboot what is the best bang for your buck. GLM Switch Kit has always been the best mod out there...because it doesn't look like a mod.

Gotta agree w you there...I've modded the crap out of my TZ , but the GLM switch kit just looks like it belongs...clean, better view of mini pf , and a spare switch set on each sling to trigger other stuff..a great mod!!!

#1936 3 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Saw this - looks very nice but that price!

#1937 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

this does look good but it's almost 100. not sure that obstruction is worth it...i can easily spend 100s just on these updates. best free "mod" was moving that gum sign to the right so I can see better.

EDIT - looking at this more. might be interested. hard to install?

#1938 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I agree with this. I put one on mine and it really cleaned up the mini PF.

#1939 3 years ago

Just recieved my TZ decals from PPS, and it has me a little concerned- Head decals look fine, but to me, on the main cabinet, the red on gumball machine looks faded, the orange on the clock looks "creamcicle" or peach rather than orange, and the yellow around the sun looks faded rather than bright yellow.

I included one photo that compares the yellow-orange-red in the door on the head (correct in my opinion) to the "faded" yellow-orange-red on the main cab decal.

Thoughts???

EDIT: If I didn't know any better, I'd say the yellow on the printing of the main cab was jacked up- looks like there's not enough yellow

IMG_7934_(resized).JPG
IMG_7938_(resized).JPG

#1940 3 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Just recieved my TZ decals from PPS, and it has me a little concerned- Head decals look fine, but to me, on the main cabinet, the red on gumball machine looks faded, the orange on the clock looks "creamcicle" or peach rather than orange, and the yellow around the sun looks faded rather than bright yellow.
I included one photo that compares the yellow-orange-red in the door on the head (correct in my opinion) to the "faded" yellow-orange-red on the main cab decal.
Thoughts???
EDIT: If I didn't know any better, I'd say the yellow on the printing of the main cab was jacked up- looks like there's not enough yellow
IMG_7939_(resized).JPG
IMG_7934_(resized).JPG
IMG_7938_(resized).JPG

Don't know.... by the photos I guess it's ok!

#1941 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Question about those balls..
Do you guys actually play slow enough to SEE it? I mean... on my game - it wouldn't matter if the ball had the Declaration of Independence on it - it goes so fast that you'd never even *know*!

Well, during game-play all you can see is a black ball! But it looks really nice when you pause the ball on the flippers while planning the next move!

#1942 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Saw this - looks very nice but that price!

Agree

#1943 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sent several e-mails a few months ago to Tony from glm and never got any reply...

#1944 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Quoted from delt31:

this does look good but it's almost 100.

#1945 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well, during game-play all you can see is a black ball! But it looks really nice when you pause the ball on the flippers while planning the next move!

I had a set of Back Alley balls for my POTC. They were a lot harder to see when playing and I switched back to standard high gloss balls.

#1946 3 years ago

what's with the response? Not following.

#1947 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

what's with the response? Not following.

Oh that the sign you're looking for is just $20 cheaper than the switch kit. Just be careful, once you start modding this thing it can get out of hand. Mine looks like a French whore, and when I step back and think what is really the "best" or "needed" items there aren't many. Having said that, the sign that was linked for you I have and think it's great.

#1948 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

EDIT - looking at this more. might be interested. hard to install?

Funny you should ask….I just posted this last week.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-tech-glm-mini-switch-kit-installwrite-upimpressions

#1949 3 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

If I didn't know any better, I'd say the yellow on the printing of the main cab was jacked up- looks like there's not enough yellow

I'd say you're dead on. Looks like it needs about 15-20% more yellow. My original TZ cab's red on the side is definitely red and not pink.

#1950 3 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I'd say you're dead on. Looks like it needs about 15-20% more yellow. My original TZ cab's red on the side is definitely red and not pink.

Nice timing! Now take those damn black rubber of your TZ

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 7602 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 153.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside