Topic Stats

• 7,683 posts
  • 580 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by lanfeust
  • Topic is favorited by 309 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,981 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191117_105058 (resized).jpg
TZ (resized).jpg
IMG_20191012_142318 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191113_211448 (resized).jpg
60341DD4-4C6B-4702-91FF-F3300CE9DC40 (resized).jpeg
20191031_164224 (resized).jpg
20191031_164215 (resized).jpg
DSC04269 (resized).JPG
5A7FA7EE-1B15-411F-A4B9-3A4495348715 (resized).jpeg
A4B7883F-CEFC-41AA-BD35-353942175C2E (resized).jpeg
D7EFBBC8-3723-4F74-B9A8-C07B552C12FC (resized).jpeg
188FF978-B0F2-4B8A-9CAE-BDD050C8A222 (resized).jpeg
75344D31-2CB7-4AA2-9587-3639426397A6 (resized).jpeg
8CFBDF54-ED4C-4FDA-9016-F6C81B3F293F (resized).jpeg
76777940-9133-401E-8081-683CCE6540EE (resized).jpeg
4A3B30C2-0746-47B9-9E43-EDDBCF55C225 (resized).jpeg

There are 7683 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 154.
#1701 3 years ago

hey all,
just having a small issue sometimes with the ball resting on the piano switch in the subway, have adjusted the switch blade ramp down as much as possible but still gets hung up now & then, any ideas

#1702 3 years ago

Also while I'm at it ball sometimes drops out of the rocket, have adjusted the ball guide, is it normal to drop out sometimes

#1703 3 years ago

Everyone loving the color dmd?

#1704 3 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Everyone loving the color dmd?

Color DMD is the best mod ever.

#1705 3 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

I do not want a ton of mods on my TZ. The color DMD should be here Mon. I have the Coin Taker LED non ghosting premium kit, a Ingo clock board & the Great Lakes mini playfield switch kit ready to install after I get the dust vacuumed out.
The only other mod's I'm thinking of getting is the piano. Where is a good place to buy 1 from? Thanks

Bump... which/who's piano do you like & why? Thank you

#1706 3 years ago

double post

#1707 3 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Also while I'm at it ball sometimes drops out of the rocket, have adjusted the ball guide, is it normal to drop out sometimes

Mine drops out on occasion, but it never bothered me enough to worry about it. You almost get the best result that way--the points for a skill shot and it stays out of the pops...

#1708 3 years ago

QUESTION: Should I trade my TZ plus cash for a RRWOZ?

#1709 3 years ago

Depends on how much cash.

Quoted from Skyemont:QUESTION: Should I trade my TZ plus cash for a RRWOZ?

#1710 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Depends on how much cash.

The question is should i do it at all. I love TZ but want a RRWOZ..

#1711 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The question is should i do it at all. I love TZ but want a RRWOZ..

Really tough. I have both and wouldn't want to get rid of either of them.

#1712 3 years ago

My TZ is about a 9. If someone offered there 10 RRWOZ straight trade I would pass.

#1713 3 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Really tough. I have both and wouldn't want to get rid of either of them.

Quoted from scampcamp:

My TZ is about a 9. If someone offered there 10 RRWOZ straight trade I would pass.

Thanks guys. This is the info i need. Just don't want to make a mistake..

#1714 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Thanks guys. This is the info i need. Just don't want to make a mistake..

Looking at your games, if it was me I wouldn't do it. Would sell Champion Pub to make room for WOZ.

#1715 3 years ago

I love Woz. Imo it's better than my Tz.

#1716 3 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Looking at your games, if it was me I wouldn't do it. Would sell Champion Pub to make room for WOZ.

Quoted from paynemic:

I love Woz. Imo it's better than my Tz.

Champion Pub would be in line to go. Trying to trade w/ little cash. Since TZ is worth more than CP, that was the route i was going. I have Congo and EATPM but love them both. Damn, i want to keep everything. paynemic, you have both games....are you saying if you had to let one go, it would be TZ?

#1717 3 years ago

Since we're in TZ club I don't feel sorry for saying that woz is a sissy game, made for sissy people....

#1718 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Champion Pub would be in line to go. Trying to trade w/ little cash. Since TZ is worth more than CP, that was the route i was going. I have Congo and EATPM but love them both. Damn, i want to keep everything. paynemic, you have both games....are you saying if you had to let one go, it would be TZ?

I havent had my TZ long, and I agree that the WOZ theme is not for most (i've never even finished the movie), but the game itself is just bad ass. You're going to get a diff opinion from everyone. I would just play both and go with your gut instinct. But if possible at all, keep them both and sell one of the others

#1719 3 years ago

"Bad ass"???? oh my...

354_(resized).jpg

#1720 3 years ago

Hey guys, need your help!

So after reassembling everything on the playfield, due to some differences (TaylorVA's oak rails, playfield getting cleared, etc.), I have this problem, now -
IMG_20160221_202817_(resized).jpg
The ball is getting stuck on the right edge of the right gate.

Here's the catch -
I can fix this easily, by arching the assembly downward (counter clockwise). This moves the right gate more to the right, which then prevents the ball from getting caught like that.
However, the left gate, then, will get caught on the standoff post and get stuck in the 'up' position, which then, well, balls will roll back down to the plunger. D'oh. So, any thoughts on bending the right gate downwards a little is soemthing to do, or.. any other thoughts?

#1721 3 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

This link has a fix: http://www.retroblast.com/articles/modzone_3.html#Bounce
The minipost is available from PSPA. It works, haven't had a bounce out since.
Some other good tips on that website.

#1722 3 years ago

Hello fellow TZ owners. Hoping to get some help. Had something go wrong when trying to install my color DMD. Eventually got the problem sorted out, DMD is working fine now. But now the pin itself is not working properly.

So, when I turn the pin on, even before it has a chance to boot, all coils immediately fire, including ejecting a ball from the trough. Game continues to boot and all is good. Also, now it says the clock is broken in error message. The clock was working 100% before attempting to install the ColorDMD.

Subsequently I disabled the clock in the settings. The pin plays absolutely fine, with the exception of the two above noted issues. Naturally I want to get the pin back to 100%.

Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance.

Reg

#1723 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Yes. I own both and would let go of tz before Woz. And yes, I'm straight. It's is a mechanical and programming wonder. People who mock it either haven't played it or dislike the theme. I can take or leave the theme, but the integration is flawless.

As this is a tz thread, I mean no disrespect to tz. I own it and love it.

#1724 3 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Bump... which/who's piano do you like & why? Thank you

The Laretrotienda Piano is the bomb, but you need double locking Velcro and to mount a clock connector on top the piano just right for the vibration of the ball to not knock it loose or for the ball to careem into the finish. It's a pain in the a#$

#1725 3 years ago

I have WOZ and TZ and love both games. People that say WOZ is sissy never were a kid or can't appreciate monumental film history. They just need to buy Walking dead and Metallica and head bang to the awesome photogenic zombies. Those are reel manly titles. I do like these games actually but the themes will never make it in my game room.

#1726 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Hello fellow TZ owners. Hoping to get some help. Had something go wrong when trying to install my color DMD. Eventually got the problem sorted out, DMD is working fine now. But now the pin itself is not working properly.
So, when I turn the pin on, even before it has a chance to boot, all coils immediately fire, including ejecting a ball from the trough. Game continues to boot and all is good. Also, now it says the clock is broken in error message. The clock was working 100% before attempting to install the ColorDMD.
Subsequently I disabled the clock in the settings. The pin plays absolutely fine, with the exception of the two above noted issues. Naturally I want to get the pin back to 100%.
Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance.
Reg

One of the chips on the driver board or cpu is likely damaged . Did you hook up some wires wrong ?

#1727 3 years ago

I have TZ and ECLEWOZ....they sit side by side in my lineup, and neither are leaving....classic wide body, #1 on ipdb, next to one of the most innovative pins of the modern day....hope you find another way to get a WOZ, but don't get rid of TZ ...you'll miss it....no other machine like it....

#1728 3 years ago

These are part of a spare TZ plastics set.The one on the left is there,but these other 4? Online photos of TZ don't help much.

Great thread.

IMG_2158_(resized).JPG

#1729 3 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

I have WOZ and TZ and love both games. People that say WOZ is sissy never were a kid or can't appreciate monumental film history. They just need to buy Walking dead and Metallica and head bang to the awesome photogenic zombies. Those are reel manly titles. I do like these games actually but the themes will never make it in my game room.

Good for you.... woz will NEVER EVER make it in my game room. PERIOD.

PS: enough about woz talk, right? Get yourselves your own club and let us big boys be...

metallica-raiders-skull-patch_(resized).jpg

#1730 3 years ago

Haha. Ok. Nuf Woz

My ramp diverter (carriage?) still Doesn't work. I gave it a thorough cleaning and a new coil sleeve. Still makes a loud groan but does not tip the ball over. I think it always gets out of the way for the power battle though. Is there a way to turn up his coils power independently? Do I need to just replace the coil? Seems easy enough...

#1731 3 years ago

Can you put up a short vid of the diverter bridge in action & a pic of the coil assembly under the PF, maybe something obvious.

#1732 3 years ago

Quick question: Is the coin door on the TZ happ? I would like to replace the coin reject buttons (since one is busted) but wanted to double check that the standard Suzo-Happ ones would fit.

#1733 3 years ago

Not the best video. I'll turn the sound down and record it tomorrow. But it has this characteristic for an that none of my other pins' solenoids make. I can't tell if it's sound effect though, now that I watch the video!

#1734 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Quick question: Is the coin door on the TZ happ? I would like to replace the coin reject buttons (since one is busted) but wanted to double check that the standard Suzo-Happ ones would fit.

Answered my own question i think, looks diff than my TSPP and WOZ since it has the coin slot in the button itself, so I assume no. Will so some googling I assume.

#1736 3 years ago

Speechless?

#1737 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

My ramp diverter (carriage?) still Doesn't work.

I was just putting mine together and noticed that the moving the mini PF around applies torque to the rod for the carriage, and makes the tilt movement tight. I moved the mini PF position until the carriage tilted easily by hand.

It could also be that your rod is bent and applying torque which is binding it.

#1738 3 years ago

Good call. I'll check that out.

#1739 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Good call. I'll check that out.

going by the vid, it seems to work ok dumping the ball, no usual noises, why did the carriage tilt back 2nd time ?
also check the wire form is fitted right, there is a locating hole under the white opto mount

#1740 3 years ago

Prototype/Sample sign. No, it's not for sale. It goes with my TZ when/if I ever sell it.

IMAG1175_(resized).jpg

#1741 3 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Prototype/Sample sign. No, it's not for sale. It goes with my TZ when/if I ever sell it.

IMAG1175_(resized).jpg

Sorry, but personally I just can't seen to understand the value of it, when the standard is so much better looking.... Just saying....

#1742 3 years ago

I sold one in 2007 on ebay for $150. Some people want their TZ to look like it was originally intended with 3rd magnet, this sign, green lock, white clock face, white door on head, Gum-Ball flashers, etc. Mine has all that stuff. I agree the new gumball sign looks better and that's why it's on my high end, but it's there in case someone wants to change it out someday.

#1743 3 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I sold one in 2007 on ebay for $150. Some people want their TZ to look like it was originally intended with 3rd magnet, this sign, green lock, white clock face, white door on head, Gum-Ball flashers, etc. Mine has all that stuff. I agree the new gumball sign looks better and that's why it's on my high end, but it's there in case someone wants to change it out someday.

Yeah, the 3rd magnet is super cool!

#1744 3 years ago

WOZ rocks. TZ rocks. If I had both I couldn't get rid of either.

2+ years with my TZ, couldn't imagine parting with it. Highly addictive, delightfully punishing, unique layout, tons of charm, awesome game.

#1745 3 years ago

I'm new here, just got a TZ. What's the 3rd. magnet?

#1746 3 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

I'm new here, just got a TZ. What's the 3rd. magnet?

It's an additional magnet in the right loop that the game was originally suppossed to have; it still exists on the prototype versions.
The software is still in the game, so some people drill a new whole and add the magnet.

#1747 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's an additional magnet in the right loop that the game was originally suppossed to have; it still exists on the prototype versions.
The software is still in the game, so some people drill a new whole and add the magnet.

Have all the items to make this happen...
But i am too faint of heart to drill that playfield
Perhaps i am more of a WOZ person, huh amendes ?

#1748 3 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Have all the items to make this happen...
But i am too faint of heart to drill that playfield

Yeah I wouldn't want to drill mine either. It also comes down to the 3rd mag is a "neat trick," but isn't used very much, and not worth it (for me).

#1749 3 years ago

I have a mirco playfield that had the hole already installed with artwork correctly screened around it.
I wouldn't alter a factory one to have it personally.
The powerall has to cycle thru the trough so it knows where it is. It [powerall] has to be in the gumball machine for it to do the multiball "trick".
So if you turn your machine off everyday, you have to play for quite awhile for it to know where the ball is to activate the mode.

So the expense and time it takes to install it doesn't really make the mod worth it IMHO.
my .02 of course

#1750 3 years ago

If you're interested in some TZ merch (T-shirts, posters and more) go here:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/tonygraf/works/21053342-twilight-zone

tz_mockup_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 7683 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 154.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside