IMG_6425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240406_221516459 (resized).jpg
IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,213 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 305.
#1451 8 years ago

Where do I find the top(lid) for the gumball machine. I am missing it. Thanks.

#1452 8 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Where do I find the top(lid) for the gumball machine. I am missing it. Thanks.

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/03-8821.html

Maybe just go to the grocery store and buy a jar of something with a similar red cap, if your not that fussy.

#1453 8 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/03-8821.html
Maybe just go to the grocery store and buy a jar of something with a similar red cap, if your not that fussy.

I can just see someone posting here in 5 years "I found this TZ with a pickle jar cap on the gumball machine! Those freaking ops!"

#1455 8 years ago

Huh, did not see it at Marco, but there it is. Thanks.

#1456 8 years ago

Need some clock help please... Clock was throwing an "clock is broken" error. The error seems to occur when the clock resets, either during game play or when the game begins. Clock in test mode runs fine, forwards and backwards, fast and slow. Just installed new Rotterdog clock board (DOH) and it didn't fix it. What is left? The clock control board under the PF? Thanks for any help you can give.

#1457 8 years ago

In test mode, are all optos hit for each time period every single time? Does clock time equal time shown on dmd? 99% of the issues with the clock are bad optos. Rottendog board is not a good solution, Ingos board is the only way to go.

#1458 8 years ago

Rottendog anything is not a solution, had cpu, power driver pcbs etc all below par

#1459 8 years ago

Glad I got Ingo's clock board..... works flawlessly and Ingo's a really nice buddy... great benefit for the money... definitely a no-brainer!

#1460 8 years ago

Does anyone know where to source just the proximity coil from the trough sensor board? I have the replacement pinpoint board and one of my leads broke off rendering it unrepairable. I'd really like to avoid spending $60 again on a replacement boardset. The coil is the blue thing in the attaches pic. Thanks!

IMG_20151206_164412202.jpgIMG_20151206_164412202.jpg

#1462 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

In test mode, are all optos hit for each time period every single time? Does clock time equal time shown on dmd? 99% of the issues with the clock are bad optos. Rottendog board is not a good solution, Ingos board is the only way to go.

Yes, in test mode it matches up with the DMD perfectly. Optos seem fine.

#1463 8 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Need some clock help please... Clock was throwing an "clock is broken" error.

Double check that the black circle timing disc for the hour optos is on correct and not turned 180 degrees. I put it on upside down once and and it gave a problem like that.

#1464 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Does anyone know where to source just the proximity coil from the trough sensor board? I have the replacement pinpoint board and one of my leads broke off rendering it unrepairable. I'd really like to avoid spending $60 again on a replacement boardset. The coil is the blue thing in the attaches pic. Thanks!

IMG_20151206_164412202.jpg

I heard back from the manufacturer of the Pinpoint board who was very helpful and recommended the following choke coil from Mouser as a replacement. He said this isn't the one that he used on the board (he doesn't have any of those left) but should work.. I will give this a shot when my order arrives. For under $2 it's worth a shot!

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Panasonic/ELC-18B101L/?qs=7cq1PWvtf6FaZNeRlnkx9g%3D%3D

#1465 8 years ago

So.. where does someone get one of those "Home ROM" is there a better version?

#1466 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

So.. where does someone get one of those "Home ROM" is there a better version?

IPDB..

#1467 8 years ago

I've pm johnwartjr just waiting for reply.

#1468 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

You can download it from the TZ page.... Or else look for the chip at ebay!

#1469 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Hell, if I wasn't heading out of town today for a week, I'd burn your a copy for free.

#1470 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hell, if I wasn't heading out of town today for a week, I'd burn your a copy for free.

Do you have the X Files ROM?

#1471 8 years ago

Talking about ROMS, does it matter the Sound ROM version?
I mean, they have to match with a specific main ROM?
For example, I had my game with version L3 when I bought it, so I switched to 9.4h. Now I get "Sound Board Interface Error".
If I put the old main ROM back, the error goes away.

#1472 8 years ago
Quoted from dkeruza:

Talking about ROMS, does it matter the Sound ROM version?
I mean, they have to match with a specific main ROM?
For example, I had my game with version L3 when I bought it, so I switched to 9.4h. Now I get "Sound Board Interface Error".
If I put the old main ROM back, the error goes away.

Known upgrade issue: http://www.actionpinball.com/tech/tzsnderr.php
Let us know if the instructions helps you out...

#1473 8 years ago

Does anyone know how many spotlights are on a TZ playfield originally? Should there be any of the cone shape style or just the rectangular ones? I would like to brighten it up some. Thanks

images (1).jpgimages (1).jpg

images.jpgimages.jpg

#1474 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Does anyone know how many spotlights are on a TZ playfield originally? Should there be any of the cone shape style or just the rectangular ones? I would like to brighten it up some. Thanks
images (1).jpg
images.jpg

No spotlights. One streetlight over miniPF.

#1475 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Do you have the X Files ROM?

I could easily find it, if it's not on IPDB.. But I won't be home until next Friday..

#1476 8 years ago

Now a two time simultaneous member of the club! I picked up my second yesterday and will move my restored playfield from my first TZ into its cab, then sell the old cab- with the unrestored playfield.

#1477 8 years ago
Quoted from KenEberhardt:

Known upgrade issue: http://www.actionpinball.com/tech/tzsnderr.php
Let us know if the instructions helps you out...

I tried everything in the instructions with no luck, then I swapped the Sound Board with the one from my TAF and no more error, now the error is in The Addams.

Conclusion, its the board.

#1478 8 years ago
Quoted from dkeruza:

I tried everything in the instructions with no luck, then I swapped the Sound Board with the one from my TAF and no more error, now the error is in The Addams.
Conclusion, its the board.

How did the TAF reach on the TZ board?
These odd communication related issues are often due to bad cables/connectors so my last try would be to clean connectors and maybe get new cables...

#1479 8 years ago

Who sells the led clock replacement?

#1480 8 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

Who sells the led clock replacement?

http://www.german-pinball-modular.de/final-tz-clock-pcb-english.html

The rainbow LEDs look better than I thought. The Rottendog board also has cool white LEDs built in, but they're not easily swappable like Ingo's board.

#1481 8 years ago

Should I LED my TZ or leave it. I am ok with the clock being colored led since I need a new one but I like the yellow look overall on TZ what do you have?

#1482 8 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

Should I LED my TZ or leave it. I am ok with the clock being colored led since I need a new one but I like the yellow look overall on TZ what do you have?

I went with warm white single SMD LEDs in everything(*), and LED OCD. You can't tell it's LEDed. That's how I like it. I really really dislike the over-saturation.
(*) Except: All visible bulbs (condoms, pop bumpers) are Incandescent, and the LOCK insert is a GREEN single SMD LED, to help make it stand out.

#1483 8 years ago

My restored TZ playfield has been permamently rehomed to a new cabinet (original decals!) for Christmas

Screenshot_2015-12-18-00-32-08.pngScreenshot_2015-12-18-00-32-08.png

20151213_175707.jpg20151213_175707.jpg

#1484 8 years ago

2015-11-28_16.50.59_(resized).jpg2015-11-28_16.50.59_(resized).jpg

#1485 8 years ago

Nice artwork. For $550 you must supply the coin door?

#1486 8 years ago

serling-night-of-the-meek_(resized).jpgserling-night-of-the-meek_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#1487 8 years ago

Hey all -
Which cabinet protectors do you use on your cabinet? (If any?) The plastic ones, or the metal ones? I've read differing claims on which to use..

--Mike

#1488 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hey all -
Which cabinet protectors do you use on your cabinet? (If any?) The plastic ones, or the metal ones? I've read differing claims on which to use..
--Mike

Has anyone said to use the plastic ones? I thought you're not supposed to use them except on painted cabinets. I have them on my TZ... f*** the police. I need to switch a bunch of my games over to the metal ones.

#1489 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Has anyone said to use the plastic ones? I thought you're not supposed to use them except on painted cabinets. I have them on my TZ... f*** the police. I need to switch a bunch of my games over to the metal ones.

There's a couple old threads where people recommend the plastic ones for all cabinets. The I've seen others where then they recommend the metal ones for the cabinet, so.. why I'm asking for a second opinion.

#1490 8 years ago

Do you mean legs protectors?

#1491 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Do you mean legs protectors?

I think? I've seen them listed as cabinet protectors - protecting from the legs - since the legs aren't really damaged by the cabinet.

#1492 8 years ago

OK, just to make sure.... I got myself some of these:
ebay.com link: Pinball Cabinet Leg Protectors Original Fabric Design Dark Grey 1 Cent Ship

Guess it works better than metal or plastic....

#1493 8 years ago

Wanted to share this as I have not seen many out there. I picked up the light up apron from Pinball Dreams. Super high quality and an awesome look. In person the Twilight Zone lights up much more yellow. Super happy with it.

tzclose_(resized).jpgtzclose_(resized).jpg

apron_(resized).jpgapron_(resized).jpg

#1494 8 years ago

I've got the same apron on mine. Looks amazing.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1495 8 years ago

Gorgeous apron! Pricey but beautiful

But put a Bend-Plastic on your TZ to stop the glare

#1496 8 years ago

I ordered one after I took that picture. Makes a big difference.

After installing it, I noticed how boring the backboard looks so I ordered a spiral decal. Any tips on installing a backboard decal on a twilight zone? One tip I was told was to apply water/soap solution and slide it in. Is that the easiest way?

Can you remove the backboard from the playfield or is that too hard?

#1497 8 years ago

You can remove it. That's what I did. There's 4-6 screws from the bottom of the Playfield if I recall. It wasn't a big job if I remember either (requiring tons of other parts to be removed).

#1498 8 years ago

Remove the backboard, it's just a few easily accessible screws. I have the spiral decal and it was just peel and stick.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1499 8 years ago

Love that spiral decal. Ok removing the backboard it is. That should help me get to the pesky 555 bulb near the gumball machine I couldn't get to when I was LEDing all my bulbs.

#1500 8 years ago

I'm looking for the TZ main fuse. It says I need a 8 amp but can't find it. I've checked Ace & Lowe's. Does anyone know of a place that has it?

20160102_142034_(resized).jpg20160102_142034_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 12.95
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 132.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 1,059.00
$ 79.50
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

There are 15,213 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.