IMG_6425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240406_221516459 (resized).jpg
IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,224 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 305.
#13851 11 months ago

Going to see TZ on Saturday night when we all get together at our warehouse. I’ll check this and coyotes recco and see where it leads to. Will hopefully also be installing the TEP topper from the first batch of ten. Should be landing in TLV today with a friend, that hopefully won’t be too jet lagged to come over and bring it with on Saturday.

#13852 11 months ago

Oh yea! The topper has arrived. Can’t wait for Saturday night!

#13853 11 months ago

TZ clock LED needed.

What is the type of led the clock uses? I have the remade clock board from europe "Ingo?" (I don't think he makes them anymore) One of the four LED's has just failed.

thanks

#13854 11 months ago

Ugh; that stinks! I just sold my TZ with the Ingo board in it, and I had a bunch of extra bulbs that I could have given you.

Anyway, try these:

https://www.amazon.com/Chanzon-Lighting-Electronics-Components-Emitting/dp/B01CBMAJAA/ref=sr_1_4

#13855 11 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Ugh; that stinks! I just sold my TZ with the Ingo board in it, and I had a bunch of extra bulbs that I could have given you.
Anyway, try these:
amazon.com link »

thanks for the link. I'm pretty sure he sent extras when I purchased the board but I haven't located them yet.

#13856 11 months ago
Quoted from TZBen:

TZ clock LED needed.
What is the type of led the clock uses? I have the remade clock board from europe "Ingo?" (I don't think he makes them anymore) One of the four LED's has just failed.
thanks

I own his clock board too. Mine came with Noflix LEDs. They are a small square with a leg at each corner. I see that Pinball Center sells Noflix LEDs, but didn't see this style offered for sale on their web site other then in a flex.
I did find these at Comet Pinball. These also look correct. Could buy some and unsolder and try or contact them and see if they will sell the bulbs before soldering.
Either way good luck and please post what you find out as I too would like to know what worked.
Mike
https://www.cometpinball.com/search?q=ultimate+optix

#13857 11 months ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Hello TZ pinball owners. Is it possible for one to submit a picture of the underside
of the center slot machine kickout cover plastic.
[quoted image]
I looked at all the photos and I could not find any.
I was hoping to get and OEM piece picture.
Many thanks, cheers.

Would you like to see the underside of that exact piece that is in your picture? I believe that is mine

#13858 11 months ago

Yes! Green-Machine I would really appreciate it.
Many thanks in advance.

#13859 11 months ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Yes! Tiltbob I would really appreciate it.
Many thanks in advance.

Pm sent

#13860 11 months ago

I just did a mod that I got the idea from on here and I wanted to show it for anyone interested.

My powerfield underside had a warped fish paper protector that was pushing down on one of the plastic pieces, causing the ball to get trapped. Instead of getting a new piece of fish paper, which looks kind of cheap anyway, I made a new acrylic plastic protector to go under there and I really like how it came out. Hopefully, it’s bash resistant.

Hit me up if you have questions. This was cut using a CNC router. If I did it again, I might look into a laser cutter.

1E70995A-4003-41F0-BCFE-C1E75A6340AA (resized).jpeg1E70995A-4003-41F0-BCFE-C1E75A6340AA (resized).jpeg638DA977-5317-4378-8586-9C3CCBADD192 (resized).jpeg638DA977-5317-4378-8586-9C3CCBADD192 (resized).jpeg
#13861 11 months ago
Quoted from Runswithscissors:

I just did a mod that I got the idea from on here and I wanted to show it for anyone interested.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good -- If you end up doing a small run for others I would be interested.

#13862 11 months ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Looks good -- If you end up doing a small run for others I would be interested.

Years ago someone did a run of these, but I haven't seen them available anywhere for several years. I would also be interested in one if you ever offer them for sale.

Gord

#13863 11 months ago

If you'd even be willing to share the file for the cutout, my partner and I may be able to do a small run of these for folks if there's enough interest. Personally, I'd be interested in making one but maybe using a different color plastic!

#13864 11 months ago

Topper has arrived

IMG_3716 (resized).jpegIMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
#13865 11 months ago
Quoted from Runswithscissors:

My powerfield underside had a warped fish paper protector that was pushing down on one of the plastic pieces, causing the ball to get trapped. Instead of getting a new piece of fish paper, which looks kind of cheap anyway, I made a new acrylic plastic protector to go under there and I really like how it came out. Hopefully, it’s bash resistant.
Hit me up if you have questions. This was cut using a CNC router. If I did it again, I might look into a laser cutter.

I did something similar while cleaning up my TZ. But I just used the original paper to trace it out and cut it out using a jigsaw. It's not perfect, but was quick and easy.

PXL_20230430_191942613 (resized).jpgPXL_20230430_191942613 (resized).jpg
#13866 11 months ago

Happy Mother’s Day.

Trying to decide whether to do a pf swap. My original playfield has some serious flipper drag wear on one side.

Pulled my 2011 Mirco ceramic TZ pf out to see how it looked. Inserts look good. Appears to have no issues.

The mini pf though has marks from the bubble wrap it was stored in. Can be seen in the black areas. Old posts suggested buffing with Novus 2. Is this by hand or buffing pad in a drill? Wanted to check before doing anything. Thx

Edit- added ugly flipper drag

IMG_9608 (resized).jpegIMG_9608 (resized).jpegIMG_9621 (resized).pngIMG_9621 (resized).png

IMG_9622 (resized).jpegIMG_9622 (resized).jpeg
#13867 11 months ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Is this by hand or buffing pad in a drill?

I would start by hand, the amount of pressure applied is more in control.
Try on a small section first and inspect the result, proceed accordingly

#13868 11 months ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Happy Mother’s Day.
Trying to decide whether to do a pf swap. My original playfield has some serious flipper drag wear on one side.
Pulled my 2011 Mirco ceramic TZ pf out to see how it looked. Inserts look good. Appears to have no issues.
The mini pf though has marks from the bubble wrap it was stored in. Can be seen in the black areas. Old posts suggested buffing with Novus 2. Is this by hand or buffing pad in a drill? Wanted to check before doing anything. Thx
[quoted image]

The flipper drag issue is minor in a playfield restoration process.
Your original playfield has the "PIANO AWARDS LIT VALUE" text - it's not on Mirco's.

#13869 11 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

If you'd even be willing to share the file for the cutout, my partner and I may be able to do a small run of these for folks if there's enough interest. Personally, I'd be interested in making one but maybe using a different color plastic!

I can do that. I’ve got the file on my work computer. I do need to make a mod to it though. I ended up having to do a bit of manual filing on one side where it was too tight fitting into the bracket that holds the mini playfield in place. I’m not sure when I would have the time to make more of these, so it would be great if you can make a few. I’ll reach out with a PM in the next few days.

#13870 11 months ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Happy Mother’s Day.
[quoted image]

If it were me, I'd polish the mini playfield with auto polishing cream, I've done this many times with CC'ed playfields that had small scratches with a very nice result.
Here's the method I use and have never been dissapointed:

#13871 11 months ago
Quoted from Davi:

The flipper drag issue is minor in a playfield restoration process.
Your original playfield has the "PIANO AWARDS LIT VALUE" text - it's not on Mirco's.

Thanks, now I’m not going to be able to un-see that missing text, lol

Quoted from GILV:

If it were me, I'd polish the mini playfield with auto polishing cream, I've done this many times with CC'ed playfields that had small scratches with a very nice result.
Here's the method I use and have never been dissapointed:

Those results are great. If the suggestion by Thor-NL doesn’t take care of those marks I’ll move to the mechanical polisher.

#13872 11 months ago

Made my own TZ topper to go with the JJP POTC topper that my brother sent me... superdrummer20

The video scrolls thru every TZ tv show opener from the 60's to now.

#13873 11 months ago
Quoted from cliffordpd:

Made my own TZ topper to go with the JJP POTC topper that my brother sent me... superdrummer20
The video scrolls thru every TZ tv show opener from the 60's to now.

If you paint your wall in the back black, or starry like the video starts…. You wouldn’t see the screen’s frame. That could look amazing!

#13874 11 months ago

Just joined the club with a beautiful TZ. My first game was a TZ back in 2000 and I kept it for nine years. It was a real beater, but I fixed it up into a great playing game. I couldn't resist re-joining the club when this beautiful original game fell into my lap. The playfield and cabinet are both original 9.5 condition survivors.

I added the usual ColorDMD, piano, slot machine, plastic protectors and full 4-flipper rebuild with the proper era kits from Pinball Life. I also made a custom backboard light mounted behind the cross beam in the cabinet with diffuser to cut out the direct reflection of the strip LEDs from burning the player's retinas. It already had the gumballs and gumball lights along with a few other mods including backboard decal.

It came with a blue clock housing and face that had a Rottendog board set in it. The LEDs on that Rottendog board were not nearly bright enough and very uneven especially with that blue plastic over the clock face. I suspect that board to be from at least a decade ago despite being a replacement. Rather than mess around, I bought the Caspers clock board from Pinball Life. It looks amazing and the lighting is just the right brightness and really well spread out. I saw the huge number of LEDs on the Caspers board and was worried it would be too bright, but it is perfect. I kept the blue housing but replaced the face cover with clear plastic. That was also a no brainer. If anyone wants to make an offer on the Rottendog board, LMK.

One last note, the game came with Rev 2.0 Software and V1 sound!! Amazing how these games not only left the factory with very early software, but also evaded getting updates after 30 years. I broke out my EPROM eraser and burner from the closet and now the game it up to the proper 9.4H home version and new V2 sound. Among many other examples, I've gotten two different MMs that lived a full life on location in people's homes and came to me with 0.5 prototype ROMs! WIFI updates is something that I will always appreciate!

20230516_102947 (resized).jpg20230516_102947 (resized).jpg20230516_103023 (resized).jpg20230516_103023 (resized).jpg
#13875 11 months ago

Anyone have a recommendation for a replacement for the door panel board?

#13876 11 months ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

Davi should be able to sort you out

#13877 11 months ago

I'm not seeing any listings for it on his profile

#13879 11 months ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

Check with Pinsider Madmax541.

#13880 11 months ago

Who here has Pinsound on TZ? Is it a game changer? Considering it for TZ or IJPA.

#13881 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Who here has Pinsound on TZ? Is it a game changer? Considering it for TZ or IJPA.

I don't have Pinsound but I have it's equivilent, Tilt Audio, and I must say that it is a game changer, it rocks the game, it feels like a totally different game, the best mod I've added to TZ by far.

#13882 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Yes, I'm very happy with the Pinsound+ I put in my TZ!

I also modded the backbox speakers to both be 5 1/4" (rewired for true stereo) and am using aftermarket speakers in backbox and cabinet and external sub...

Note that the original sound package for TZ is not the greatest quality, especially the Rod Serling callouts. So just increasing the volume may not give you the desired effect you are looking for.

Depending on your level of commitment and ability/desire to tinker... Pinsound allows you to replace each sound file if you like. I tweaked a bunch of the files, added more bass, etc, to my personal liking. This can get tedious. There are also user-created options available from Pinsound and the original sound package designer, Chris Granner Stereo option, but if you use that directly, you lose the Golden Earing Twilight Zone song.

Overall Pinsound is an excellent option, you can just plug and play or go down the rabbit hole.

#13883 11 months ago

I just added a new mod to my TZ, I went from this (first picture) to this (second picture)

IMG_9828 (resized).JPGIMG_9828 (resized).JPGIMG_9829 (resized).JPGIMG_9829 (resized).JPG
#13884 11 months ago

..... 9 connectors at the wires that relate my PF to the rest of the game, what's the use , you might say? well, lots of advantages, to name a few, I'll be clearcoating the cabinet soon, so I can now "easilly" remove the PF from the cabinet, second, if I want to remove the PF to work on it, easy, unplug the 9 connectors and out it goes in less than 5 minutes, third: If I ever move, which could easilly be the case since I'm in an appartement, I can remove the playfield to make the game lighter to transport, that's a very good thing since I'm not geting younger and my arthritus is'nt getting better either.

There were 102 wires, so, 204 wires needed to be soldered, took me about an hour for each connector, so, 9 connectors= 9 hours of work but is was really worth it. I'm Very happy that I don't have to bother with unplugging all of the connectors from the boards anymore to CC my cabinet, I did'nt want to...... but on the other hand, how could I CC my cabinet with such a heavy game and NOT damage the cabinet????

#13885 11 months ago

Anyone know where I might be able to order a replacement plastic for the one that sits above the right middle flipper?

#13886 11 months ago
Quoted from GILV:

..... 9 connectors at the wires that relate my PF to the rest of the game, what's the use , you might say? well, lots of advantages, to name a few, I'll be clearcoating the cabinet soon, so I can now "easilly" remove the PF from the cabinet, second, if I want to remove the PF to work on it, easy, unplug the 9 connectors and out it goes in less than 5 minutes, third: If I ever move, which could easilly be the case since I'm in an appartement, I can remove the playfield to make the game lighter to transport, that's a very good thing since I'm not geting younger and my arthritus is'nt getting better either.
There were 102 wires, so, 204 wires needed to be soldered, took me about an hour for each connector, so, 9 connectors= 9 hours of work but is was really worth it. I'm Very happy that I don't have to bother with unplugging all of the connectors from the boards anymore to CC my cabinet, I did'nt want to...... but on the other hand, how could I CC my cabinet with such a heavy game and NOT damage the cabinet????

In average, unplug/plug all connectors in the backbox takes 15 minutes.
9 hours of work means 36 playfield removal.
It's your game, but I prefer to keep as original.

#13887 11 months ago
Quoted from GILV:

Why all the splices though? Couldn't cut and pin/socket the actual game wires?

#13888 11 months ago
Quoted from Davi:

Unplugging is'nt the problem for me, it's replugging that is time consuming, if I want everything as it was before it'll take at least an hour or 2, maybe more (I know, I've restored a TZ many years ago) because I would need to check pictures to see if all connectors are at there right place.
Also, I've got many mods that make it very complicated to remove the connectors in the backbox.

#13889 11 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Why all the splices though? Couldn't cut and pin/socket the actual game wires?

I had 2 choices at the shop I bought the connectors from, first: I could buy molex connectors but the pins were very expensive, 39 cents each, or second choice: they also had 12 pin female and male connectors already wired that were the same price as the other molex connectors without the pins, so I bought the less expensive and kept the wires on them to make it easier for me to work on.....

#13890 11 months ago
Quoted from GILV:

I don't have Pinsound but I have it's equivilent, Tilt Audio, and I must say that it is a game changer, it rocks the game, it feels like a totally different game, the best mod I've added to TZ by far.

Thank you!

Quoted from awesome1:

Yes, I'm very happy with the Pinsound+ I put in my TZ!
I also modded the backbox speakers to both be 5 1/4" (rewired for true stereo) and am using aftermarket speakers in backbox and cabinet and external sub...
Note that the original sound package for TZ is not the greatest quality, especially the Rod Serling callouts. So just increasing the volume may not give you the desired effect you are looking for.
Depending on your level of commitment and ability/desire to tinker... Pinsound allows you to replace each sound file if you like. I tweaked a bunch of the files, added more bass, etc, to my personal liking. This can get tedious. There are also user-created options available from Pinsound and the original sound package designer, Chris Granner Stereo option, but if you use that directly, you lose the Golden Earing Twilight Zone song.
Overall Pinsound is an excellent option, you can just plug and play or go down the rabbit hole.

Thanks for all the info! I have Pinsound + in my BSD and LOTR. Really like the product. I would be bummed to lose the Golden Earring song. Are there any Pinsound packages that include it? If not, I’m prob not capable (yet) to design my own. Maybe the Tilt Audio option mentioned above.

#13891 11 months ago

I like things when they are simple, I'm a simple guy, so I don't want to have to deal with this every time I want to remove the playfield, it would be a head ache each time.....

IMG_9830 (resized).JPGIMG_9830 (resized).JPGIMG_9831 (resized).JPGIMG_9831 (resized).JPG
#13892 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Thanks for all the info! I have Pinsound + in my BSD and LOTR. Really like the product. I would be bummed to lose the Golden Earring song. Are there any Pinsound packages that include it? If not, I’m prob not capable (yet) to design my own. Maybe the Tilt Audio option mentioned above.

Pinsound does offer the standard TZ sound package that has the Golden Earing song and all of the original call outs and sound effects. I agree... have to have that song!

To me, all of the available (last time I looked which was a couple years ago) user created TZ sound package themes were terrible.

I'm not familiar with the Tilt Audio offering.

#13893 11 months ago
Quoted from Edster:

Anyone know where I might be able to order a replacement plastic for the one that sits above the right middle flipper?

Apparently it's unobtainium

#13894 11 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Pinsound does offer the standard TZ sound package that has the Golden Earing song and all of the original call outs and sound effects. I agree... have to have that song!
To me, all of the available (last time I looked which was a couple years ago) user created TZ sound package themes were terrible.
I'm not familiar with the Tilt Audio offering.

Tilt Audio is NOT plug and play, but I have the golden earing song on the original package and the modified package as well but it's more of an electric guitar version.
The original package does not have the incredible stereo sound of the modified package though, I prefer the modified package, it really rocks.
https://tiltaudio.com/

#13895 11 months ago
Quoted from Davi:

On another note, I think I've never seen an "original" TZ, they all have at least a few mods and most have many mods, so, adding this mod is'nt much worst than any other mod in my opinion.
If your TZ is all orginal, I'd like to see it, could you post a picture please if that's the case?
Thanks Davi.
Much appreciated.
By the way, I had to modify the spiral ramp you sold me a little so that the ball does not fly off on fast shots in the ramp, but I love that ramp, thanks again for the ramp.

#13896 11 months ago
Quoted from Edster:

Coin taker has the the whole set in stock

#13897 11 months ago
Quoted from Edster:

That sucks. I'll try to make my own.

#13898 11 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Coin taker has the the whole set in stock

Just need the one piece, don't want the whole set.
Thsnks

#13899 11 months ago
Quoted from Edster:

That sucks. I'll try to make my own.

Make a wanted ad

#13900 11 months ago

I bought this mod from a pinsider (Davi/Peter) it is the flasher mod for under the door.
It was $120 usd shipped I believe if anyone wants it!

Richard

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 1,059.00
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 79.50
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 132.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,224 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/278?hl=norcalpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.