IMG_6425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240406_221516459 (resized).jpg
IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 305.
#13251 1 year ago

I’m looking for a little help here. I’ve had my TZ for about three months and I’ve had this happen twice now.

The ball rolled slowly under the power playfield. I think it was “The Camera” shot, but I’m not sure. Anyway, the ball disappears and is never seen again. I think it is down under the playfield because I can’t find it, ball search can’t find it and shaking the crap out of the machine doesn’t break it loose. The only way to get the ball back is to take the glass off and raise the playfield about 1/2 way until I hear a clank. I raised the playfield up the rest of the way trying to figure out where the ball was, but I didn’t see it. When I lowered the playfield, the ball came rolling out from under the power field.

I tried removing the metal trough under the camera hole and everything looks good. I also tried to replicate the problem, but I wasn’t successful.

Has anybody else seen something like this before? I can’t find anyplace where the ball can get stuck, but I’m obviously missing something.

Thanks for any ideas.

#13252 1 year ago
Quoted from Runswithscissors:

I’m looking for a little help here. I’ve had my TZ for about three months and I’ve had this happen twice now.
The ball rolled slowly under the power playfield. I think it was “The Camera” shot, but I’m not sure. Anyway, the ball disappears and is never seen again. I think it is down under the playfield because I can’t find it, ball search can’t find it and shaking the crap out of the machine doesn’t break it loose. The only way to get the ball back is to take the glass off and raise the playfield about 1/2 way until I hear a clank. I raised the playfield up the rest of the way trying to figure out where the ball was, but I didn’t see it. When I lowered the playfield, the ball came rolling out from under the power field.
I tried removing the metal trough under the camera hole and everything looks good. I also tried to replicate the problem, but I wasn’t successful.
Has anybody else seen something like this before? I can’t find anyplace where the ball can get stuck, but I’m obviously missing something.
Thanks for any ideas.

Very strange. Here is a pic under the upper playfield. Maybe it can help.

20221223_170637 (resized).jpg20221223_170637 (resized).jpg
#13253 1 year ago

Yes, this happened on mine some time ago. It was the plastic in the above picture (the one that has 1c on it). The front of it was bent down a bit, thus lodging the ball stuck. I applied a little heat to it and straightened it out, and it's been fine ever since. Perhaps you have the same problem; definitely worth checking out.

#13254 1 year ago

Thanks for any ideas.

I seem to recall someone else with a similar problem years ago. Underneath the mini-playfield there is fish paper (thin cardboard-like sheet) that hides the wiring and switches and prevents the pinball from banging into anything underneath the mini-playfield and causing a potential short or breaking a switch or diode.

If this fish paper gets distorted, torn or bent over the years it can provide an avenue for the pinball to lodge between the fish paper and the mini-playfield and a ball search would not dislodge the pinball. When you lift the playfield it would roll out like you describe. This is just something that you may want to check.

Gord

#13255 1 year ago

@scoot, @scotty_k, GRB1959 Thanks everyone for the ideas. I’m leaving town for a week so I won’t have a chance to test these out right away. I’ll drop an update once I figure out what’s going on.

#13256 1 year ago

Thanks for any ideas.

Try replacing your balls. Same thing happened to me. The old balls were magnetized and getting hung up somewhere out of site. The problem totally went away after a ball swap.

#13257 1 year ago

Couple of questions:

1. My left flipper is somewhat randomly sticking in the "up" position. This seems to occur most frequently after holding the left flipper in the "up" position for awhile (like 15-20 seconds or so) but it is still kind of random. It's frequent enough that it is causing a gameplay issue. I haven't had a chance to diagnose this but anyone else have this issue on TZ and if so what was the cause? I'm thinking (1) worn or busted coil stop; (2) broken return spring; (3) perhaps interference between flipper link and bushing mounting bolts; or out of whack EOS. I can take an under PF pic when I'm able but curious to hear thoughts from the group on this.

2. So I have LEDs and my TZ but no LED OCD / GI OCD Board. It looks like I'm getting some "ghosting" primarily in the Door insert (particularly the "Fast Lock" insert and the "Lock Inserts"). Also, to be clear, when I say "ghosting" I mean the bulb still appears to be lit but very dimly even when that insert is not engaged. The effect is most noticeable during attract mode when the door inserts cycle rapidly. It doesn't affect gameplay and the LEDs otherwise work fine (i.e., are lit when supposed to be lit). If this is a normal issue when not using the LED OCD / GI OCD boards on 90s B/W games than so be it. Just wondering.

Thanks all -- Happy Holidays!

#13258 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

1. My left flipper is somewhat randomly sticking in the "up" position. This seems to occur most frequently after holding the left flipper in the "up" position for awhile (like 15-20 seconds or so) but it is still kind of random. It's frequent enough that it is causing a gameplay issue. I haven't had a chance to diagnose this but anyone else have this issue on TZ and if so what was the cause? I'm thinking (1) worn or busted coil stop; (2) broken return spring; (3) perhaps interference between flipper link and bushing mounting bolts; or out of whack EOS. I can take an under PF pic when I'm able but curious to hear thoughts from the group on this.

Remove coil stop, slide coil off plunger, is coil stop worn, not flat any more ? End of plunger mushroomed or have a sharp edge ? Coil sleeve cracked or dirt ?

If so time to rebuild flipper(s) new plunger assembly, new coil stop, new coil sleeve.

Also be sure the flipper bat has a tiny bit of up and down play ( not back and forth ) to prevent binding under the playfield between the pawl and nylon bushing the flipper shaft goes through.

LTG : )

#13259 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Remove coil stop, slide coil off plunger, is coil stop worn, not flat any more ? End of plunger mushroomed or have a sharp edge ? Coil sleeve cracked or dirt ?

If so time to rebuild flipper(s) new plunger assembly, new coil stop, new coil sleeve.

Also be sure the flipper bat has a tiny bit of up and down play ( not back and forth ) to prevent binding under the playfield between the pawl and nylon bushing the flipper shaft goes through.

Thanks Lloyd -- That'll be where I start troubleshooting. I did check the flipper to playfield clearance and that seemed OK, but will check that again also.

#13260 1 year ago

Any idea why the backboard is shaped that way (with the top corners cut diagonally) and not a straight rectangle??

#13261 1 year ago
Quoted from A1k71:

Any idea why the backboard is shaped that way (with the top corners cut diagonally) and not a straight rectangle??

OSHA standards…. It’s probably to avoid hitting something in the cab when you have the playfield in upward position

#13262 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Thanks Lloyd -- That'll be where I start troubleshooting. I did check the flipper to playfield clearance and that seemed OK, but will check that again also.

Everything Lloyd said. Basically, if you rebuild the entire flipper and leave the proper clearance, you’re back in business.

It’s possible one part is at fault, but just rebuild the whole flipper…Both flippers…with a kit from pinball life.

I have a tendency to sometimes just switch out coil stops and sleeves on a more regular basis to keep things snappy, and I had actually just done that on my TZ a few months ago, but a few days ago I had the same issue you’re describing. So I took a look and sure enough my plunger assembly was at fault. Replaced and good to go. Had I rebuilt the entire flipper months ago it would still be snappy and fine.

#13263 1 year ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Everything Lloyd said. Basically, if you rebuild the entire flipper and leave the proper clearance, you’re back in business.
It’s possible one part is at fault, but just rebuild the whole flipper…Both flippers…with a kit from pinball life.
I have a tendency to sometimes just switch out coil stops and sleeves on a more regular basis to keep things snappy, and I had actually just done that on my TZ a few months ago, but a few days ago I had the same issue you’re describing. So I took a look and sure enough my plunger assembly was at fault. Replaced and good to go. Had I rebuilt the entire flipper months ago it would still be snappy and fine.

Thanks--will more than likely go the rebuild route...

#13264 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

1. My left flipper is somewhat randomly sticking in the "up" position. This seems to occur most frequently after holding the left flipper in the "up" position for awhile (like 15-20 seconds or so) but it is still kind of random. It's frequent enough that it is causing a gameplay issue.

UPDATE: Removed the coil stop, sleeve and examined the plunger. See pics. The plunger doesn't appear to have a crazy amount of mushrooming but does appear a bit gnarled and not as smooth as it should be. Coil stop does appear to be a bit concave (slightly) and coil sleeve is a bit dirty but not cracked or deformed. Are my observations correct about the state of the coil stop and plunger? Or besides being a bit dirty, do they still look serviceable (I realize it's a bit hard to tell from pictures? Appreciate the input.

IMG_20221225_123005996 (resized).jpgIMG_20221225_123005996 (resized).jpgIMG_20221225_123208475 (resized).jpgIMG_20221225_123208475 (resized).jpgIMG_20221225_123954327 (resized).jpgIMG_20221225_123954327 (resized).jpgIMG_20221225_124133866 (resized).jpgIMG_20221225_124133866 (resized).jpgIMG_20221225_132315854 (resized).jpgIMG_20221225_132315854 (resized).jpg
#13265 1 year ago

IMHO, for the cost? Just replace them all. Since it's already that much apart, you'll save more in time and money replacing everything now (except the coil, of course), then replacing only a couple ites and then needing to again in a shorter amount of time.

#13266 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

IMHO, for the cost? Just replace them all. Since it's already that much apart, you'll save more in time and money replacing everything now (except the coil, of course), then replacing only a couple ites and then needing to again in a shorter amount of time.

Yeah... figured as much. Question is whether I just get two full "flipper assemblies" replacement from Pinball Life which will be bolt up solutions with new bushings, etc. or get rebuild kits. Either way, I'll have to do some soldering...

#13267 1 year ago

I found these to be less expensive than Pinball life.
ebay.com link: itm

#13268 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Yeah... figured as much. Question is whether I just get two full "flipper assemblies" replacement from Pinball Life which will be bolt up solutions with new bushings, etc. or get rebuild kits. Either way, I'll have to do some soldering...

No soldering required for rebuild kit unless you change the EOS switches which probably isn’t necessary.

#13269 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

I found these to be less expensive than Pinball life.
ebay.com link: itm

Never mind my post, I just checked and Pinball Life is cheaper.
I wish I could order from them, I once tried and in no way he would let me order, I had to order through a friend who had some family members in the U.S. , otherwise, they won't accept to sell to someone who has an address in Canada, they chack with the address on the Paypal orders .... Why? beats me? Many Pinheads from Canada have also tried and it was always an issue......

#13270 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

I wish I could order from them,

Did you check Planetary Pinball Supply or Marco Specialties ?

And instead of kits, did you try pricing just the plungers assemblies - 2 left 2 right, 4 coil stops, 4 coil sleeves ?

#13271 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

UPDATE: Removed the coil stop, sleeve and examined the plunger. See pics. The plunger doesn't appear to have a crazy amount of mushrooming but does appear a bit gnarled and not as smooth as it should be. Coil stop does appear to be a bit concave (slightly) and coil sleeve is a bit dirty but not cracked or deformed. Are my observations correct about the state of the coil stop and plunger? Or besides being a bit dirty, do they still look serviceable (I realize it's a bit hard to tell from pictures? Appreciate the input.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My little dirty little trick with flippers.
1) Plunger and link assembly:
a: use a flat blade screw driver and flair the end point slightly.
-- assemblies need wiggle room...

#13272 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

No soldering required for rebuild kit unless you change the EOS switches which probably isn’t necessary.

True, overlooked that you won't necessarily replace the coil doing a rebuild, but I have heard that unsoldering the coil to the do the rebuild makes life a lot easier such that you're unsoldering the coil and then soldering it back when you're done with the rebuild.

Can LTG or anyone else comment on whether it's feasible to rebuild flipper mechs without unsoldering the coil. Obviously if you're getting a whole new flipper assembly then you'll have to resolder the coil and EOS...

#13273 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

True, overlooked that you won't necessarily replace the coil doing a rebuild, but I have heard that unsoldering the coil to the do the rebuild makes life a lot easier such that you're unsoldering the coil and then soldering it back when you're done with the rebuild.
Can LTG or anyone else comment on whether it's feasible to rebuild flipper mechs without unsoldering the coil. Obviously if you're getting a whole new flipper assembly then you'll have to resolder the coil and EOS...

Rebuild kits usually don't come with EOSs, and you really don't have to replace them unless they're bent or damaged. So, yeah - no soldering. Take off the coil stop, take out the coil sleeve, let the coil hang. Replace the linkage and bushing, then slip new coil sleeve in. Slip coild around linkage, and then slip on new coil stop and screw down.

#13274 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you check Planetary Pinball Supply or Marco Specialties ?
And instead of kits, did you try pricing just the plungers assemblies - 2 left 2 right, 4 coil stops, 4 coil sleeves ?

Hey, thanks for the tips. I'll check that out.

#13275 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Can LTG or anyone else comment on whether it's feasible to rebuild flipper mechs without unsoldering the coil.

I never unsolder the coil.

When I rebuild a flipper : Turn game off. Remove two screws holding coil stop on, toss the coil stop. Slide the coil down and leave hang, remove old coil sleeve and toss it. Unbolt the plunger from flipper shaft, slide flipper up and either out or leave in place, remove plunger assembly and unhook from spring to EOS bracket. Toss plunger assembly.

Reassemble - hook spring back on new plunger assembly, put new plunger assembly back in and slide pawl over flipper shaft. Then put new coil sleeve in coil and then slide coil back on and line up so coil sleeve goes in the bracket near the pawl. Put on new coil stop and two screws. Then start to tighten nut holding pawl to flipper shaft. Just enough so flipper bat barely turns, pull flipper bat up so there is a little up/down play on flipper bat ( up and down, not back and forth ) lower playfield and the line flipper bat back up where I want it. Lift playfield. Then tighten the beejeebers out of that nut so flipper shaft doesn't turn.

I do one flipper at a time. So I can compare to others to see where parts go. ( I don't really do this, this part I posted for beginners ).

If flipper bat moves freely and returns to down position. Move onto the next flipper.

#13276 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

pull flipper bat up so there is a little up/down play on flipper bat ( up and down, not back and forth )

This video can help with a flipper spacer gauge. ( another thing I don't use )

#13277 1 year ago

Anyone else feel like the left side of this game isn’t really used too much? Pops you want to always stay out of due to cheap drains so you’re avoiding that shot. The upper pf is cool but you’re really just slamming away at the buttons and it’s not really a shot per say besides that hold left flipper up and shot in the hole which gets kicked out by slot machine. Finally, the gumball is super cool but again not a shot but something that takes up real estate. Am I missing something?

#13278 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone else feel like the left side of this game isn’t really used too much? Pops you want to always stay out of due to cheap drains so you’re avoiding that shot. The upper pf is cool but you’re really just slamming away at the buttons and it’s not really a shot per say besides that hold left flipper up and shot in the hole which gets kicked out by slot machine. Finally, the gumball is super cool but again not a shot but something that takes up real estate. Am I missing something?

Overall I agree the game is played predominantly on the centre and right side, although I do enjoy going for dead-ends, where you shoot from the lower right through the pops

#13279 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Never mind my post, I just checked and Pinball Life is cheaper.
I wish I could order from them, I once tried and in no way he would let me order, I had to order through a friend who had some family members in the U.S. , otherwise, they won't accept to sell to someone who has an address in Canada, they chack with the address on the Paypal orders .... Why? beats me? Many Pinheads from Canada have also tried and it was always an issue......

I've got to correct myself, I just realized that I made a mistake, it was'nt Pinball Life that refuses to sell to Canadians, it's Mad Amusements.
I'm sorry about the confusion.......

#13280 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Rebuild kits usually don't come with EOSs, and you really don't have to replace them unless they're bent or damaged. So, yeah - no soldering. Take off the coil stop, take out the coil sleeve, let the coil hang. Replace the linkage and bushing, then slip new coil sleeve in. Slip coild around linkage, and then slip on new coil stop and screw down.

Quoted from LTG:

I never unsolder the coil.

Thanks guys... those descriptions help. One final thing, I've read that although the rebuild kits don't come with them, one should get new bushings and bushing hardware. In your opinion, is that necessary if nothing else than just for precaution? If so, do I need the bushing and hardware or just the plastic bushing? Again, thanks mucho.

#13281 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Thanks guys... those descriptions help. One final thing, I've read that although the rebuild kits don't come with them, one should get new bushings and bushing hardware. In your opinion, is that necessary if nothing else than just for precaution? If so, do I need the bushing and hardware or just the plastic bushing? Again, thanks mucho.

I admittedly thought the bushings came in the kit. It's been a while since I've rebuilt my flippers (the time is nearing..) - I would honestly only replace them if they seem to have a lot of play in them. For me, complete gut feeling when I do. It's not too much of a huge deal to replace them, other than needing to take the mounting plate off the playfield.

I'd say that if you can't remember, don't know the last time they were replaced, do it. Then, you should be good for a long while.

#13282 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone else feel like the left side of this game isn’t really used too much?

I closed up my left outlane as much as the adjustment allows, and I shot to the pops—along with skill shots—is far less risky. It’s kinda fun building the town square bonus and nailing dead ends. On a good game, dead ends can be worth more than multiball jackpots, plus it builds towards an extra ball.

#13283 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I admittedly thought the bushings came in the kit. It's been a while since I've rebuilt my flippers (the time is nearing..) - I would honestly only replace them if they seem to have a lot of play in them. For me, complete gut feeling when I do. It's not too much of a huge deal to replace them, other than needing to take the mounting plate off the playfield.

I'd say that if you can't remember, don't know the last time they were replaced, do it. Then, you should be good for a long while.

OK - I can't say when the bushings were last replaced so probably best to pick up some & new hardware for same and install.

#13284 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

I can't say when the bushings were last replaced so probably best to pick up some & new hardware for same and install.

Then your job gets a little bigger. You have to remove 8 screws and lower the flipper base plate so you can get at the screw heads on one side and the nuts on the other.

Myself, I don't usually mess with them. Clean them, run a QTip through them. And check for cracks or breaks. If cracked then I replace them.

Only game I do it if rebuilding the flipper is AFM or AFMR. That left flipper takes a beating and is usually cracked or soon will be. I don't like working on stuff twice.

#13285 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

The left side of the playfield is definitely used less, but there is strategy and timing on the upper playfield.

My basic strategy is Left Ramp -> Slot Machine, rinse and repeat to keep getting door awards. Same with Right Ramp -> Piano.

If you can get multiple modes going at once, especially Clock or Spiral and then pair with a multiball, that's where the big points can come from.

If you build all of that up on a single ball and then get Lost In The Zone, those mode score values carry over into it.

#13286 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I’m lucky I don’t get many unfair drains out of the pops, maybe I have the left outlane especially tight. I like the shot through the pops into the scoop in the back corner, and I love shooting the camera shot. On my upper pf, there is some strategy i finally discovered. I only beat the power about 25% of the time, which I like. On my game, the only way to send the ball up toward the scoop to defeat the power is to let the ball come down to the bottom of the magnet zones, and then try to throw the ball up. You can find the sweet spot, but it’s not easy. Definitely not just mashing buttons, which would take the fun out of it. Probably wouldn’t do much on my example.

I do find some pins have unused real estate, but I haven’t felt that on my TZ, personally.

#13287 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Myself, I don't usually mess with them. Clean them, run a QTip through them. And check for cracks or breaks. If cracked then I replace them.

Only game I do it if rebuilding the flipper is AFM or AFMR. That left flipper takes a beating and is usually cracked or soon will be. I don't like working on stuff twice.

Got it. Well, the bushings are cheap from Pinball Life and I'm sure the hardware is too. So, when I purchase the rebuild kits I'll just get some bushings and hardware as well to have on hand. Hopefully I won't need them.

FWIW, The TZ was routed early in its life but I've owned it since 1999 and in 23 years it hasn't seen a whole lot of plays (this and two other machines were at my parents home and once I moved out in 2002/2003 they received very little play until I took possession of them again in 2021, so chances are the bushing is probably OK)

#13288 1 year ago

Is it possible to change the default high scores? I have 9.4H installed. I’ve tried, but when I exit out of the menu, the default ones remain. Thanks!

#13289 1 year ago

I removed the twin rubbers on the inlane on the left side and the outlanes are now much more manageable.

#13290 1 year ago
Quoted from buckeyesrewind:

Is it possible to change the default high scores? I have 9.4H installed. I’ve tried, but when I exit out of the menu, the default ones remain. Thanks!

It is fun and can take a few tries.

Go into Adjustments - A.4 11,12,13, &14. Lower them there. Then exit out of stuff to attract mode. Then press and hold the begin test button.

Any kind of luck it will work. Or keep trying.

#13291 1 year ago

Been having issues with the clock. As you can see in the video, in test mode it’s controllable. It stops, reverses both slowly and fast, but no forward. When I exit the menu, or when turning the machine on, it continuously works, but in reverse mode only.

Thanx

#13292 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Been having issues with the clock. As you can see in the video, in test mode it’s controllable. It stops, reverses both slowly and fast, but no forward. When I exit the menu, or when turning the machine on, it continuously works, but in reverse mode only.
Thanx

You have definitely entered the twilight zone! Are the optos not registering?
The minute hand might not be breaking the twelve o’clock opto. So it’s just searching for 12 o’clock
Also check dc motor drive board. Maybe some soldering issues. You could try resoldering the L6203 on the motor control board ...

#13293 1 year ago

Likely you need a new motor driver board (or get the current one repaired). It's mounted under the playfield, near the clock, where the clock's motor plugs in.

#13294 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Likely you need a new motor driver board (or get the current one repaired). It's mounted under the playfield, near the clock, where the clock's motor plugs in.

Yea we’ve been at it for a week or two now, no luck yet. Might just have to get a new one.

#13295 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Yea we’ve been at it for a week or two now, no luck yet. Might just have to get a new one.

I didn't look up the schematic, but I assume the motor driver board reveres the polarity at the motor depending on whether its going forward or backward...are you seeing this reversal in test with the motor removed?

#13296 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I didn't look up the schematic, but I assume the motor driver board reveres the polarity at the motor depending on whether its going forward or backward...are you seeing this reversal in test with the motor removed?

Will look into that too. Much thanks

#13297 1 year ago

Does someone have a good example of Pin Stadium lights on their Twilight Zone? Pictures, maybe a video? I’ll restore a TZ soon and I’m hesitating. I’m worried the strong lights will “wash out” the iconic playfield. So should I leave it as the pretty dark game it is, or are Pin Stadium lights an option…
Thanks!

#13298 1 year ago

Does anyone know if there is a source for the lighted aprons for TZ? I see them come up once in a while but have never been quick enough to snag one. I wasn’t sure if anyone here made them or knew how to source them.

Thank you!

#13299 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

I'm having an intermittent issue that tedious to try to tweak up, and was hoping someone here has a recipe they can share.
When shooting the right ramp to battle the power, about 1/2 the time the ball gets knocked off the rails when the diverter opens to let the ball through.
For normal shots (diverter down to catch the ball), it is smooth as butter.
I suspect I need to tweak the rails, but it is challenging to do this sort of thing in test mode, and tedious to be playing games to test out tweaks.
Does someone have the magic formula for getting the rail to the mini playfield tweaked up?
Thanks in advance!
(as an aside, I finally got around to installing magnet liners on the path to my lock and it is a literal game changer: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-definitive-twilight-zone-lock-shot-fix-thread After cursing bricked lock shots for 28 years, I don't think I've had a single bricked shot since installing the magnet strips....MANY thanks to those sharing their experiences here, it works amazingly well)

I had a very similar issue a while back. Take the glass off and roll a ball down the rail to see if it rolls free. Mine was hitting the one of the support braces that run side to side. Ball would either bump over it and stay on ramp or get knocked off. I replaced the wireform ramp and that fixed it.

#13300 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Couple of questions:
2. So I have LEDs and my TZ but no LED OCD / GI OCD Board. It looks like I'm getting some "ghosting" primarily in the Door insert (particularly the "Fast Lock" insert and the "Lock Inserts"). Also, to be clear, when I say "ghosting" I mean the bulb still appears to be lit but very dimly even when that insert is not engaged. The effect is most noticeable during attract mode when the door inserts cycle rapidly. It doesn't affect gameplay and the LEDs otherwise work fine (i.e., are lit when supposed to be lit). If this is a normal issue when not using the LED OCD / GI OCD boards on 90s B/W games than so be it. Just wondering.
Thanks all -- Happy Holidays!

Normal yes. That is ghosting and every game is a little different. The OCD boards definitely fix ghosting issues and allow you to use factory fade effects. I love these boards and have them in all my games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 132.00
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/266 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.