IMG_6425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240406_221516459 (resized).jpg
IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 305.
#1251 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

that's the one. it's really cool you know the entire history of your game.

I was there when it was delivered, and left the company (personell issues) for about 18 months before I snuck in and claimed it as my own.

The game USED to have the LEFT spiral sign as well (with the wording), but it's long lost now. I have a blank sign I'll be putting up sometime after my restore's finished.

#1252 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I added a Pinsound card and stereo cable kit, and installed the DCS soundtrack that was originally produced for TZ. A really nice sound. Now I'm thinking new speakers!
TZ was my first machine in 1999... that I sold in 2000!! Then got another one 6 years ago, and had it completely refurbed (down to cabinet wood sanding level).Now it's mint, with all the mods. My favourite machine I could never sell it, hell I'll need to be buried in it.

Nice... Where did you buy this kit?

#1253 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I was there when it was delivered, and left the company (personell issues) for about 18 months before I snuck in and claimed it as my own.
The game USED to have the LEFT spiral sign as well (with the wording), but it's long lost now. I have a blank sign I'll be putting up sometime after my restore's finished.

Awesome... Getting to know TZ history!!!

#1254 8 years ago

Huh.. What WMS Parts Book was TZ in? I noticed that PPS doesn't seem to have it listed..!

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently PPS can't split their documents up properly. It's the GREY book.

#1255 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Nice... Where did you buy this kit?

I bought it from Nicolas himself @ the Pinsound stand at the UK Pinball Party. He was really helpful in giving me advice afterwards too. A 5-star recommend from me.

#1256 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I bought it from Nicolas himself @ the Pinsound stand at the UK Pinball Party. He was really helpful in giving me advice afterwards too. A 5-star recommend from me.

Thanks, I'll definitely take a look!

#1257 8 years ago

Now I can't recall if I posted before, but I just gotta say that I have Ingo's clock board installed, and though it's german, it works like a swiss clock!

20150912_203424.jpg20150912_203424.jpg

#1258 8 years ago

The Germans make some really nice watches, too!

#1260 8 years ago

I read it is possibile to install 7 balls (6 + Powerball). Is it enough to add a sixth regular ball, or is it also needed a recent eprom?
I guess it is needed to set the number of balls in the Gumball to 4, right?
Also, the software sometimes "emulate" the powerball if the real powerball is not showing up after a certain amount of plays: 7 balls can create problems?

#1261 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I read it is possibile to install 7 balls (6 + Powerball). Is it enough to add a sixth regular ball, or is it also needed a recent eprom?
I guess it is needed to set the number of balls in the Gumball to 4, right?
Also, the software sometimes "emulate" the powerball if the real powerball is not showing up after a certain amount of plays: 7 balls can create problems?

Technically, no adjustment is needed, no newer ROM is needed. The game was originally designed for 7 balls - 6 regular, 1 powerball. My machine still had the decal on it that says that, even. (It was dirty and scraped up, I had new ones made..) You can set the gumball adjustment to 4 balls, but I do not know if it will 'simulate' the powerball every 4 balls or not. Honestyl, the adjustment does not do much, as the game will load up balls into the gumball until there are only three in the trough, so you could have 2 or even 5 balls in the gumball, the game doesn't really keep track.

The game dropped a ball due to that amount of balls making LITZ a little too difficult with the jackpot shots and powerfield, as far as I heard.

Once balls go into my game agian, I plan on making it 7.

--Me

#1262 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Technically, no adjustment is needed, no newer ROM is needed. The game was originally designed for 7 balls - 6 regular, 1 powerball. My machine still had the decal on it that says that, even. (It was dirty and scraped up, I had new ones made..) You can set the gumball adjustment to 4 balls, but I do not know if it will 'simulate' the powerball every 4 balls or not. Honestyl, the adjustment does not do much, as the game will load up balls into the gumball until there are only three in the trough, so you could have 2 or even 5 balls in the gumball, the game doesn't really keep track.
The game dropped a ball due to that amount of balls making LITZ a little too difficult with the jackpot shots and powerfield, as far as I heard.
Once balls go into my game agian, I plan on making it 7.
--Me

Got 7 on mine. ROM 9.4H.

#1263 8 years ago

I didn't realize the trough had four switches to count balls. That does make sense, to determine if the gumball machine needs to be loaded.

It seems that with extra balls installed, I would just get the power ball less often. No fun in that. I think I will stick with 5+1.

#1264 8 years ago

Cute little toppers.

20150917_223842.jpg20150917_223842.jpg

#1265 8 years ago

Asking $200 if any is interested or offers lmk

d0bb3bdbdd48019d4c6c5dd1c0343ebda33505bc.jpgd0bb3bdbdd48019d4c6c5dd1c0343ebda33505bc.jpg

#1266 8 years ago

What is the tournament mode setting doing? What means that multiballs and jackpots are equalized?

#1267 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

What is the tournament mode setting doing? What means that multiballs and jackpots are equalized?

All random awards are .. well, not random. (i.e. All players will get the same Camera award, Slot machine awards first door panel clockwise from the top, etc.)

For multiball, etc, it means that they all start from the same value. (Though, since I rarely use tourny mode, I'm not sure if that affects TZ's operation, since Jackpot is set by how many balls locked, and then how many Greed targets are hit during multiball, etc.)

#1268 8 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Asking $200 if any is interested or offers lmk

d0bb3bdbdd48019d4c6c5dd1c0343ebda33505bc.jpg

Still have the tz mini play field bumpage

#1269 8 years ago

New shooter "Rod".20150925_120537.jpg20150925_120537.jpg20150925_120453.jpg20150925_120453.jpg

#1270 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

New shooter "Rod".20150925_120537.jpg 20150925_120453.jpg

That's cool!

#1271 8 years ago

Nice tribute to Rod. I did these coin return inserts a few years back....

2009_1130TZ0014.jpg2009_1130TZ0014.jpg

2009_1130TZ0017.jpg2009_1130TZ0017.jpg

#1272 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I did these coin return inserts a few years back.

Nice touch!

#1273 8 years ago

finishing a friends TZ....last fix. What are the correct pop bumper cap colors? Seen diff combos...He has an orange one off a diff game so trying to get correct. I see lots of 2 red and a yellow.

#1274 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

finishing a friends TZ....last fix. What are the correct pop bumper cap colors? Seen diff combos...He has an orange one off a diff game so trying to get correct. I see lots of 2 red and a yellow.

Should be one each; red, yellow, orange.

The OEM orange was more amber and really didn't look that orange to me. I ordered an orange cap and like it much better.

Make sure you put them in the correct position. Look at the inserts on the mini playfield, and match that color scheme. This way the correct color bumper lights up when you are awarded a jet bonus.

#1275 8 years ago

Little issue here...: I'm not getting the piano award when I get the ball into the piano hole. Instead the machine is granting me a slot award..... is there any faulty sensor I guess? Can't see any error on switch test....

#1276 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Little issue here...: I'm not getting the piano award when I get the ball into the piano hole. Instead the machine is granting me a slot award..... is there any faulty sensor I guess? Can't see any error on switch test....

Piano switch is not registering. Check it.

#1277 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Here you go -
IMG_20150922_070030.jpgIMG_20150922_070030.jpg

#1279 8 years ago

After getting back from the first of two work trips Saturday morning, I attacked my TZ and got a lot done this weekend -
IMG_20150927_131839.jpgIMG_20150927_131839.jpg
Lookat the reflection of that PF!

Anyways, pop quiz, two questions -

Anyone know the part # for these plastic standoffs? Located behind the switch rubber. They keep you from screwing down the plastic standoffs too far -
IMG_20150927_131947.jpgIMG_20150927_131947.jpg

And, where the heck does this post go? I have all the posts in my game, no open holes or anything...!
IMG_20150927_183230.jpgIMG_20150927_183230.jpg

#1280 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Piano switch is not registering. Check it.

Checked! Right on target, thanks! You know, sometimes I got to be less lazy/more curious!

#1281 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

After getting back from the first of two work trips Saturday morning, I attacked my TZ and got a lot done this weekend -
IMG_20150927_131839.jpg
IMG_20150927_183230.jpg

Getting beautiful!

#1282 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Checked! Right on target, thanks! You know, sometimes I got to be less lazy/more curious!

Yeah, TZ has a lot of 'sequential' switches, where if one fails, you'll get a completely different event. (I.e. If the Dead End switch stops registering, a shoot up the Dead End would award a Camera.

#1283 8 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

Should be one each; red, yellow, orange.
The OEM orange was more amber and really didn't look that orange to me. I ordered an orange cap and like it much better.
Make sure you put them in the correct position. Look at the inserts on the mini playfield, and match that color scheme. This way the correct color bumper lights up when you are awarded a jet bonus.

Just got my TZ I can't tell if there 2 reds or 1 orange in there.. can anyone else?20150920_175735.jpg20150920_175735.jpg

#1285 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Just got my TZ I can't tell if there 2 reds or 1 orange in there.. can anyone else?20150920_175735.jpg

Light them up.

Originally, some TZs were shipped with an 'Amber' or 'Orange' that was extremely dark - so much that it was easily mistaken for Red.

Honestly, I don't think it matters - just buy an orange one and toss it on.

#1286 8 years ago

Coyote.. you are right. I'll do that. I'll check Marco.

#1287 8 years ago

Just bought mine!! Really excited. Only got a couple games in but plays great. Looks pretty stock! I'll get pics. I'd like to hear what protectors are a must (haven't had time to read whole thread... I will). I'm thinking more in terms of longevity, not style type mods.

#1288 8 years ago

Congrats paynemic..

Ok.. I know the "which balls are best" question has been ask a zillion times but I'm just curious what the Twilight Zone pinball owners think? My ceramic ball looks good but would like to buy 6 new steel balls. Where do you buy & which ones? Thanks

#1289 8 years ago

$175 bump for tz sliver mini pf

Also can anyone recommend were i could find eddy sensor bracket ?

d0bb3bdbdd48019d4c6c5dd1c0343ebda33505bc.jpgd0bb3bdbdd48019d4c6c5dd1c0343ebda33505bc.jpg

#1290 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Just bought mine!! Really excited. Only got a couple games in but plays great. Looks pretty stock! I'll get pics. I'd like to hear what protectors are a must (haven't had time to read whole thread... I will). I'm thinking more in terms of longevity, not style type mods.

The protectors you need are for the slot machine hole, rocket switch and left inlane. Nothing more really needed. You want any mods, let me know, I'll hook you up.

#1291 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I was told by Chris @ HEP who did my PF to get protectors for the Gumball Exit and Slot. With the damage my PF had before, I went ahead and got the Rocket kicker protector as well. I'm thinking about getting a switch protector for the left inlane where the ball drops, but haven't been able to find one for sale yet. :/

#1292 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I was told by Chris @ HEP who did my PF to get protectors for the Gumball Exit and Slot. With the damage my PF had before, I went ahead and got the Rocket kicker protector as well. I'm thinking about getting a switch protector for the left inlane where the ball drops, but haven't been able to find one for sale yet. :/

cliffy has them, it's just a standard switch protector.

#1293 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

cliffy has them, it's just a standard switch protector.

He does? Hmm.. I'll have to contact him then.

#1294 8 years ago

Cliff calls it a drop switch protector. It's generic and he says the same one will work on various games.

I ordered one along with the slot protector, and a few for my IJ, last week.

#1295 8 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

Cliff calls it a drop switch protector. It's generic and he says the same one will work on various games.
I ordered one along with the slot protector, and a few for my IJ, last week.

Oh! That helps then! Thanks!

#1296 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

IMG_20150927_131839.jpg
Anyways, pop quiz, two questions -
Anyone know the part # for these plastic standoffs? Located behind the switch rubber. They keep you from screwing down the plastic standoffs too far -
IMG_20150927_131947.jpg
And, where the heck does this post go? I have all the posts in my game, no open holes or anything...!
IMG_20150927_183230.jpg

24. 03-8371 Spacer Spool #8

Found that on pg 2-40 of TZ operators manual.

Found them for $1.15 at Marco's.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch;jsessionid=AFB426A21ACF711C0DDF1B8720B701CC.jvm1?SEARCH_STRING=03-8371

#1297 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

24. 03-8371 Spacer Spool #8
Found that on pg 2-40 of TZ operators manual.
Found them for $1.15 at Marco's.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch;jsessionid=AFB426A21ACF711C0DDF1B8720B701CC.jvm1?SEARCH_STRING=03-8371

You have GOT to be kidding me. Thank you. I searched for 'plastic spacer', and even 'spacer' on a lot of the parts sites, and came up with nothing. Holy cow, 'spool'? I guess it is, but.. jeez.

#1298 8 years ago

Looking for suggestions on your favorite mods/protection for TZ. What did you do to your machine that you love?
I picked up a more or less stock machine earlier in the summer (led clock board installed, that's it) and am about to shop it out and maybe add LEDs around the playfield.
Sadly it won't help me reach LITZ

#1299 8 years ago

Game reboots when I get to LITZ. What is the fix? Anyone know? Also the DMD in it has a few lines missing so I swapped it out with all three extras that I have and none of them had any power when I plugged them in.??

#1300 8 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Looking for suggestions on your favorite mods/protection for TZ. What did you do to your machine that you love?
I picked up a more or less stock machine earlier in the summer (led clock board installed, that's it) and am about to shop it out and maybe add LEDs around the playfield.
Sadly it won't help me reach LITZ

I'm not much on mods, but I did install the plastic colored gumballs in the gumball machine and the gumball insert door flashers.

As for protectors, Cliffy's slot protector is a must have and his drop switch protector isn't a bad idea.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 132.00
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 14.95
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.95
There are 15,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.