IMG_6425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240406_221516459 (resized).jpg
IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 305.
#12751 1 year ago
Quoted from simonlindsay:

Thanks to everyone for the helpful advice for the repair of my TZ power board - it is really appreciated. My wife and I fly to the U.S.A. on Wednesday and will be taking in some pinball games in SF and some touristy stuff, the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas, a quick visit to Pinball Wizard in SLC and up to Pinballmania in Washington Terrace as well as Yosemite NP, Death Valley, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, The Arches NP and hopefully see some fall colours in our old stomping ground around the ski resorts of Ogden, UT.
I will resume the task of sorting out my TZ power board when I return to the U.K.

Wow, what a fantastic trip! My wife and I loved visiting San Fran, Zion, Grand Teton, etc. on trips over the years. I’m envious.

#12752 1 year ago
Quoted from Redfive05:

Well... looks like not only am I in the TZ Owners Club, but now I'm in the Ingo Vaporware Club as well.
Ordered one of these in late June, heard nothing.
Waited a month and asked when they thought it would ship, was told in two weeks.
Contacted them today and was told first I needed to decide what shipping I was going to pick: $17 and it would take up to two months without tracking or $47 with tracking that might take up to 3 weeks. When I told them I already selected the $17 shipping in July I was then told that they had held off shipping because they "sent a few without tracking numbers and 2 didn't arrive and 3 took 2 months, so we haven't shipped"
It's not the wait I'm bothered by, its the lack of communication and the false promise of two weeks.
I Just asked for a refund

Been waiting a year for 2, haven't had the energy to start emailing. If he's sending them I don't see any traffic on pinside about anyone getting them or them being lost in the mail.

#12753 1 year ago

Where to get the cork screw loop wire form to the left return lane?

*picture unrelated.

46247E3F-A680-44D4-8DB9-EF1688EB83D4 (resized).jpeg46247E3F-A680-44D4-8DB9-EF1688EB83D4 (resized).jpeg
#12754 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Where to get the cork screw loop wire form to the left return lane?
*picture unrelated.
[quoted image]

I think this guy was making them at one time. Might want to reach out to him.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-spiral-ramp-last-one

#12755 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I think this guy was making them at one time. Might want to reach out to him.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-spiral-ramp-last-one

Thanks bro!

#12756 1 year ago
Quoted from Redfive05:

Well... looks like not only am I in the TZ Owners Club, but now I'm in the Ingo Vaporware Club as well.
Ordered one of these in late June, heard nothing.
Waited a month and asked when they thought it would ship, was told in two weeks.
Contacted them today and was told first I needed to decide what shipping I was going to pick: $17 and it would take up to two months without tracking or $47 with tracking that might take up to 3 weeks. When I told them I already selected the $17 shipping in July I was then told that they had held off shipping because they "sent a few without tracking numbers and 2 didn't arrive and 3 took 2 months, so we haven't shipped"
It's not the wait I'm bothered by, its the lack of communication and the false promise of two weeks.
I Just asked for a refund

Got my refund this morning.

Wish I knew what the real issue was.... if its because of supply chain issues on the optos I have 4 new original QVE11233.086 and 10 new QVE11233 sitting in a bin in my workshop. I would have gladly take the board minus the optos

#12757 1 year ago

Just buy the Casper. It works great and is cheaper. Marco and PBL have it. And you’ll have it before the weekend!

#12758 1 year ago
Quoted from jid:

Just buy the Casper. It works great and is cheaper. Marco and PBL have it. And you’ll have it before the weekend!

Here's my issue with the Casper board.... I don't like LEDs. I really prefer the warm glow of Incandescents. I will use LEDs where appropriate/needed, so I'm ok with them in the TZ Clock, But I'm worried that the "Blanket LEDs" in the Casper board will be overwhelming, especially since my TZ is still 95% Incandescent.

#12759 1 year ago
Quoted from Redfive05:

Here's my issue with the Casper board.... I don't like LEDs. I really prefer the warm glow of Incandescents. I will use LEDs where appropriate/needed, so I'm ok with them in the TZ Clock, But I'm worried that the "Blanket LEDs" in the Casper board will be overwhelming, especially since my TZ is still 95% Incandescent.

In my opinion both TZ and Adams Family are painfully too dark with incandescent bulbs. Those two games really benefit from LEDs. Just replace your bulbs with frosted warm or sunlight bulbs. That will create more light with the same look. The Casper board will then blend perfectly. LED lighting has really improved over the last 5 years or so.

#12760 1 year ago
Quoted from jid:

It’s nothing fancy but it works as it should. I’m happy with it.

#12761 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

In my opinion both TZ and Adams Family are painfully too dark with incandescent bulbs. Those two games really benefit from LEDs. Just replace your bulbs with frosted warm or sunlight bulbs. That will create more light with the same look. The Casper board will then blend perfectly. LED lighting has really improved over the last 5 years or so.

I added PinStatuims and tried to match the color of the glow of sunlight white. Added the flasher on Rocket shot. Too Minimize the flash light show as much as possible. It was a lot of money for increased lighting. Oh well, I’m happy.

#12762 1 year ago

Just got my TZ about a month ago. In this light housing over the mini playfield, I have 2 led lights hooked up. However, the is this 3rd light pictured.

Where do I find one and what model of light is it?

Thanks!
Richard

949F1DE6-6F7D-4AD0-8E96-CDD86FF0F576 (resized).jpeg949F1DE6-6F7D-4AD0-8E96-CDD86FF0F576 (resized).jpeg
#12763 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Where do I find one and what model of light is it?

#906 or #912 light bulb. Any pinball parts places should have it.

LEDs - https://www.cometpinball.com/search?q=906

LTG : )

#12764 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

#906 or #912 light bulb. Any pinball parts places should have it.
LEDs - https://www.cometpinball.com/search?q=906
LTG : )

This. It's a flasher.

#12765 1 year ago

What do you guys think of my flying rocket and clock housing mods?

#12766 1 year ago

Very cool! Nicely done!

#12767 1 year ago
Quoted from InteractivePinball:

Very cool!

#12768 1 year ago

Love the rocket mod. In a multiball situation will it clear a ball on the wire ramp it shoots over?

#12769 1 year ago

jid Richard-NBA-SF2 Thank You!

Mad_Dog_Coin_Op I designed it to clear balls coming down the wireform. The rocket looks amazing during multiball.

It is also designed with an adjustment screw so you can contlol how far it launches. This is useful if someone has other mods, ie the slot machine, so it won't hit it.

#12770 1 year ago

I say Double Wow !

#12771 1 year ago

Horrible

#12773 1 year ago

The rocket it cool and looks great.... but I wouldn't put it on my machine.

But that clock.... I have no words.

no... wait.... I thought of some....

R (resized).jpgR (resized).jpg
#12774 1 year ago

3D printed parts in any of my Pins is a No go. I commend you on your time and effort! Kinda cool,…

#12775 1 year ago

The clock looks cool, good job.
The rocket as it is, looks cool - but looks like a failed rocket launch. The original concept is to shoot the rocket towards the pop bumpers (straight).

#12776 1 year ago

The clock is cool. The board in the clock is square, did you use the stock board and retrofit Your housing or come up with something different.

#12777 1 year ago

Giulio Thanks!

Redfive05 haha, I do have them available at my pinside store! Interactive Pinball Mods.

Davi Thank you! Building these mods to a retail level took more than I was anticipating. The ball is originally designed to go up the hitchhikers shot and end in the popbumpers like in the video.

Lermods The housing uses the original clock board and it also works with an aftermarket rottendog board. I love how I was able to hide the ugly opto sensors behind the clock face. I like your Rush clock mod! Check out my store.

#12778 1 year ago

What’s your vote between all chrome armor, about $2,000 total for legs, rails, lock bar, hinges, bolts, and coin door, or, sparkle black powder coat called Spiced Black (looks like space) for around $500 total? The color I’m considering is below…
I love chrome, but damn.

4792B9C6-B793-4C37-B07F-E4B5BCE6A3BD (resized).png4792B9C6-B793-4C37-B07F-E4B5BCE6A3BD (resized).png
#12779 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

What’s your vote between all chrome armor, about $2,000 total for legs, rails, lock bar, hinges, bolts, and coin door, or, sparkle black powder coat called Spiced Black (looks like space) for around $500 total? The color I’m considering is below…
I love chrome, but damn.
[quoted image]

Personally, I think you are better off with the powder coat. It is safer and cheaper. There isn’t many sources for chrome and I am disappointed how the coin door frames usually turn out. All the parts you rattled off are steel but the door frame. I think that is aluminum. Chrome doesn’t naturally stick to aluminum so it has to be tricked to be applied. This is done applying a coating and then doing the chrome process on top of that. I have seen that peal off on several occasions which is sickening when you factor in the cost.

#12780 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I love chrome, but damn.
[quoted image]

My TZ has chrome armor done by the late Mike Chestnut and it is beautiful as shown in the photos. On my TZ the side rails, lockdown bar and legs are chromed. I opted not to have the backbox hinges or the coin door chromed.

I have seen some TZ's in a powder coat color like you describe and it looks amazing. For the cost difference which is significant I think I would lean towards the Spiced Black powder coat.

Gord

DSCN3295 - Copy (resized).JPGDSCN3295 - Copy (resized).JPG
DSCN3296 - Copy (resized).JPGDSCN3296 - Copy (resized).JPG
DSCN3298 - Copy (resized).JPGDSCN3298 - Copy (resized).JPG
DSCN3299 - Copy (resized).JPGDSCN3299 - Copy (resized).JPG

#12781 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I love chrome, but damn.
[quoted image]

Did you notice in GRB1959s pictures that his chrome almost looks black at most angles?

I would go spiced black! You won’t regret it

#12782 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Did you notice in GRB1959s pictures that his chrome almost looks black at most angles?
I would go spiced black! You won’t regret it

I think the black that you are seeing in my chrome is likely a reflection of the cabinet side art from my BSD which is very dark. In any case Spiced Black does look really nice.

Gord

#12783 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I think the black that you are seeing in my chrome is likely a reflection of the cabinet side art from my BSD which is very dark. In any case Spiced Black does look really nice.
Gord

Yeah for sure! The chrome looks great. I just can’t believe $2000 for a chrome job these days. I think nickel plating is a bit cheaper and looks the same to me…at least it used to be less expensive

#12784 1 year ago

Does anyone know why all of my camera awards are always Greed targets? That is all I get no matter how many times I collect it. I read online that it is supposed to cycle through 8 different rewards. I am running software 9.4 if that makes any difference.

#12785 1 year ago

Greed targets are dangerous. I stay away.

#12786 1 year ago

Redfive05 haha, I do have them available at my pinside store! Interactive Pinball Mods.

Wow... Good to know! I might have to pick one up at some point!

#12787 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Does anyone know why all of my camera awards are always Greed targets? That is all I get no matter how many times I collect it. I read online that it is supposed to cycle through 8 different rewards. I am running software 9.4 if that makes any difference.

You likely have Tournament mode turned on in settings.
It de-randomizes Camera and Slot Machine awards.

#12788 1 year ago

Several months I asked if anyone had installed the black PDI mirror blades in their machine. I ended up ordering a set and installed this evening.

I think the darker color fits better with the theme than the normal mirror blades. Are they worth the 2x premium? That I’m less certain of (although these things are always in the eye and wallet of the beholder)

040C5A31-B88E-4C19-8565-ADB5478EBC26 (resized).jpeg040C5A31-B88E-4C19-8565-ADB5478EBC26 (resized).jpeg168462E7-0BFB-4521-8234-A21E2A4BAABB (resized).jpeg168462E7-0BFB-4521-8234-A21E2A4BAABB (resized).jpeg
#12789 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Several months I asked if anyone had installed the black PDI mirror blades in their machine. I ended up ordering a set and installed this evening.
I think the darker color fits better with the theme than the normal mirror blades. Are they worth the 2x premium? That I’m less certain of (although these things are always in the eye and wallet of the beholder)[quoted image][quoted image]

Black mirrors look amazing on TZ!

#12790 1 year ago

Window tint on regular mirror blades is a cheap alternative.

#12791 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

I think the darker color fits better with the theme than the normal mirror blades. Are they worth the 2x premium? That I’m less certain of (although these things are always in the eye and wallet of the beholder)[quoted image][quoted image]

These daytime photos with the machine off capture the look of these black mirror blades really well. The look is really sharp I think

If window tinting is durable, that would be a great option

728D7DAA-CD66-4288-9120-ADD312DF3BDD (resized).jpeg728D7DAA-CD66-4288-9120-ADD312DF3BDD (resized).jpegE1F43EBA-B09C-48F7-BD86-450AD8938145 (resized).jpegE1F43EBA-B09C-48F7-BD86-450AD8938145 (resized).jpegF8919266-5482-40BE-8BEC-0116B02FCF51 (resized).jpegF8919266-5482-40BE-8BEC-0116B02FCF51 (resized).jpeg
#12792 1 year ago

I like your instruction cards! Looks good.

#12793 1 year ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I like your instruction cards! Looks good.

Definitely. Pinball Pimp Cards. I got these too!

#12794 1 year ago

Well I replaced the 100uf 35v capacitor on the opto board because I've witnessed others having it fail. The repair was total preventative. Turns out, it was a good idea. The cap was 40% out of specifications on the high side. TZ owners might want to do the same. That OEM cap is 30 years old now.

20220930_122851 (resized).jpg20220930_122851 (resized).jpg20220930_122939 (resized).jpg20220930_122939 (resized).jpg
#12795 1 year ago

Just want to say the ingo clock board from Germany is by far the best replacement board I have seen, i've fixed many tz's and it's totally worth the wait to get the Ingo board. Not to mention how much of a pleasure it was to Deal with the support staff when I had shipping issues. They reshipped the board with tracking info on their coin. Don't be afraid to upgrade your old underdesigned tz clock with a board that actually works. This one was for a customer but i will be buying another for my tz soon. https://www.german-pinball-modular.de/final-tz-clock-pcb-english.html

#12796 1 year ago

When did you get the board? Many have had issues recently with both communications and with orders that weren’t shipped so we had to cancel.

#12797 1 year ago

I waited as long as I could before canceling, but that was ~6 months ago. I hope they've been able to spin up production again.

#12798 1 year ago

I actually have two of Ingo's boards from years ago (must be at least six years now). I have yet to install them.

In the meantime I have gone on my own board making adventure. I have avoided making my own clock board to avoid stepping on Ingo's domain (out of respect for the reputation earned!). The shortage going on in Europe has gone on for a while now so if there is some form of demand for another alternative and I can find the time I would consider making another option available.

This would be a different electrical solution from the OEM and other non-Ingo boards. The other non-Ingo boards all use the same design as the OEM (from what I can see from publicly available images). My solution would probably be more along the lines of Ingo's solution which will be similar to what I've already done for other opto and slotted opto boards I have made.

Currently, all of this is just gossip and vaporware without a demand assessment.

#12799 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

I waited as long as I could before canceling, but that was ~6 months ago. I hope they've been able to spin up production again.

I just ordered one for my TZ that is shipping to me soon. I hope Ingo is still producing these. I paid for one with blue LEDs and shipping. Fingers crossed.

#12800 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I just ordered one for my TZ that is shipping to me soon. I hope Ingo is still producing these. I paid for one with blue LEDs and shipping. Fingers crossed.

Let us know. I gave up on Ingo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 15,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/256 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.