IMG_6425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240406_221516459 (resized).jpg
IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 305.
#12301 1 year ago

Looks amazing, and, it's got the right cards on it!

#12302 1 year ago

Anyone know if their an option in the service menu to test the 3rd magnet?

#12303 1 year ago
Quoted from shepP:

Anyone know if their an option in the service menu to test the 3rd magnet?

No.

LTG : )

#12304 1 year ago
Quoted from shepP:Anyone know if their an option in the service menu to test the 3rd magnet?

You should be able to test it in the coil test menu, I forget which number it is though.

#12305 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

You should be able to test it in the coil test menu, I forget which number it is though.

Could it be T.4 22 Not Used ?

If not, then no test in coils either.

#12306 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Could it be T.4 22 Not Used ?
If not, then no test in coils either.

Yes Lloyd, that’s the correct coil number, 22.

#12307 1 year ago

Thanks guys 22 worked. Such a cool feature. I wish the powerball location being known wasn’t a requirement for it to work. I would be fine with it failing the 3 magnet multiball if the powerball was one of them. I wonder if Soren could change that?

#12308 1 year ago

Here is a pinsound mod, just for the inspiration.

#12310 1 year ago

By chance, took delivery of 2 pins today, and after 50 years of dreaming of someday having a proper pinball lineup, that day has come!

Of course, my daughter is now calling out my TZ for looking a bit thin and naked up top compared to his cousins. Any recommendations for tasteful TZ toppers that folks can share, for purchase or DIY?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12311 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

By chance, took delivery of 2 pins today, and after 50 years of dreaming of someday having a proper pinball lineup, that day has come!
Of course, my daughter is now calling out my TZ for looking a bit thin and naked up top compared to his cousins. Any recommendations for tasteful TZ toppers that folks can share, for purchase or DIY?
[quoted image]

I have this one on my TZ. It is interactive with game play and fits the theme well.

https://pinballpro.net/shop/twilight-zone-topper-accessory/

P1000061 (resized).JPGP1000061 (resized).JPG

Gord

#12312 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

[quoted image]

You could get lucky (like me) and find a TZ topper that came off a IGT TZ slot machine. Very hard to find as I spent many years looking before I found mine. I do have a second one, but is missing the computer board that runs the light show that I would sell if interested.

20220416_075749 (resized).jpg20220416_075749 (resized).jpg20220416_075758 (resized).jpg20220416_075758 (resized).jpg
#12313 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

You could get lucky (like me) and find a TZ topper that came off a IGT TZ slot machine. Very hard to find as I spent many years looking before I found mine. I do have a second one, but is missing the computer board that runs the light show that I would sell if interested. [quoted image][quoted image]

If Ray-dude isn't interested...I am! PM Sent

#12314 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

You could get lucky (like me) and find a TZ topper that came off a IGT TZ slot machine. Very hard to find as I spent many years looking before I found mine. I do have a second one, but is missing the computer board that runs the light show that I would sell if interested.

That is by far the best TZ topper. I tried to find one for about a year and I have a lot of gaming industry friends…some that even refurbish old machines…no dice, the thing is unobtainium at this time.

I’m surprised I one has made a true high end topper for this machine. The game simply calls out for one.

#12315 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is by far the best TZ topper. I tried to find one for about a year and I have a lot of gaming industry friends…some that even refurbish old machines…no dice, the thing is unobtainium at this time.
I’m surprised I one has made a true high end topper for this machine. The game simply calls out for one.

I looked for one probably 10+ years. Missed a few on Ebay due to how much they sold for. Said the next one I want it, so when one showed up for sale I put a $1,500 reserve on it. Thought I would win (they were selling at that time for around 1k), but got out bid and it sold for over 2k. Looking back now that's cheap compared to what we are seeing with toppers going for now. Crazy times.

#12316 1 year ago

That slot topper is very sweet. In googling around, this one caught my eye as well:

Haven't seen anything other than this video though. Did this one ever get produced, or did they skip to the Pedretti topper (out of stock) on cointaker?

#12317 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

[quoted image]

I feel like your back legs might be in the upper holes? TZ really isn’t shorter than AFM

Quoted from ray-dude:

That slot topper is very sweet. In googling around, this one caught my eye as well:

Haven't seen anything other than this video though. Did this one ever get produced, or did they skip to the Pedretti topper (out of stock) on cointaker?

Dude that’s bad ass. Even without the plasma ball I would dig a topper like that.

#12318 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I feel like your back legs might be in the upper holes? TZ really isn’t shorter than AFM

A couple pinsiders very kindly called this out. My TZ was in storage for ~20ish years, and I've been rebuilding it for the past many months (including new legs). Yesterday was the first time it was next to other pins, and I was scratching my head why it was so squat. It was on my list to measure the legs today, but mounting the legs too low is almost certainly the issue (thank you for callout!)

Quoted from gunstarhero:

Dude that’s bad ass. Even without the plasma ball I would dig a topper like that.

If feels like something like this could be DIY'able (certainly for less than 4 figures). The plasma ball would simplify any electronics since physics would take care of all the dynamic lighting. I'm thinking some custom printed plastics mounted to a wood board, some LED strips to back illuminate the plastics, and the plasma ball.

#12319 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

In googling around, this one caught my eye as well:

Holy smokes! That topper is incredible. A agree with ray-dude as well, this one could be made at home fairly easily enough if the plastics were made.

#12320 1 year ago

I'm getting more excited about this project as I research it more.

Looks like there are services to print out photos on acrylic:

https://www.mpix.com/products/homedecor/acrylic-prints?msclkid=f1f0e28e25751cb273548021a05a82f0&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Mpix%20Shopping%20Campaign&utm_term=4584207583730765&utm_content=Mpix%20Shopping

1/4" acrylic would be pretty bold on a topper

I'm thinking one large image with all the pieces on it, printed out on 1/4" acrylic.

The alternative is to get a large sheet (or two) of custom decals printed, and apply to an acrylic sheet.

Time to look for some vector art that's suitable for TZ...

#12321 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

[quoted image]

Here's my topper. No wiring necessary!

IMG_4407 (resized).jpgIMG_4407 (resized).jpg
#12322 1 year ago

Love it!! That's awesome! Alas, we do get earthquakes down here

#12323 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

[quoted image]

IMHO, out of ALL the toppers I've seen, this one gets my seal of approval. And I really dislike toppers in general.

#12324 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

[quoted image]

Cool. Is it screwed or is it just double sided taped?

#12325 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

IMHO, out of ALL the toppers I've seen, this one gets my seal of approval. And I really dislike toppers in general.

Thanks! I do like it and it evolves as I add more "used" pinballs to it.

#12326 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Cool. Is it screwed or is it just double sided taped?

I put a rubberish, no slip material on the entire bottom that keeps it from moving. That, along with the weight of it (it's quite heavy with all the pinballs in it) keep it secure.

#12327 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

I put a rubberish, no slip material on the entire bottom that keeps it from moving. That, along with the weight of it (it's quite heavy with all the pinballs in it) keep it secure.

Love it.....
The pinballs in it is what makes me like it......
good idea.

By the way, I also have a plasma ball but on the playfield, when the powerball insert lights up, the plasma ball activates as well.
I'll post a video next weekend.

#12328 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Love it.....
The pinballs in it is what makes me like it......
good idea.
By the way, I also have a plasma ball but on the playfield, when the powerball insert lights up, the plasma ball activates as well.
I'll post a video next weekend.

Would love to see it! I saw these for sale as a mod a long time ago but they were already discontinued at that point. Would still love to find a way to get one in there!

#12329 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Would love to see it! I saw these for sale as a mod a long time ago but they were already discontinued at that point. Would still love to find a way to get one in there!

I did'nt buy it as a TZ mod, I made it myself. I can explain how I did it when I post a video.

#12330 1 year ago

I recently replaced my flippers but the mini flipper I got sent is slightly larger than the stock version that came in the game. It fits the space so I’m sure it’ll work fine mechanically speaking, but it does slightly cover up the camera shot more now when the flipper is in the resting position. Would you be concerned with this effecting gameplay? Is there a more appropriate size flipper I should get instead?

#12331 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I recently replaced my flippers but the mini flipper I got sent is slightly larger than the stock version that came in the game. It fits the space so I’m sure it’ll work fine mechanically speaking, but it does slightly cover up the camera shot more now when the flipper is in the resting position. Would you be concerned with this effecting gameplay? Is there a more appropriate size flipper I should get instead?

I mean, the best trick you can learn is to press and hold the left slipper when trying to make the camera shot - so you're not trying to hit such a small hole. As long as you do this, the slightly-larger flipper shouldn't cause too much of an issue!

#12332 1 year ago

Here's a video of my TZ plasma mod, not the best video but I decided not to make another video since I did'nt know how to start all over again with my wife's cell phone.

...and for those who wanted to know how it's made.
I bought this 6 volt relay on Ebay: ebay.com link: itm
I already had this mini plasma ball but mine was supposed to be plugged in the wall: ebay.com link: itm
see pictures on how I connected everything and ask if there something you don't understand, it'll b a pleasure to explain.

DSC_0588 (resized).JPGDSC_0588 (resized).JPGDSC_0589 (resized).JPGDSC_0589 (resized).JPGDSC_0590 (resized).JPGDSC_0590 (resized).JPGDSC_0591 (resized).JPGDSC_0591 (resized).JPGDSC_0592 (resized).JPGDSC_0592 (resized).JPGDSC_0593 (resized).JPGDSC_0593 (resized).JPGDSC_0594 (resized).JPGDSC_0594 (resized).JPGDSC_0595 (resized).JPGDSC_0595 (resized).JPG
#12333 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Here's a video of my TZ plasma mod, not the best video but I decided not to make another video since I did'nt know how to start all over again with my wife's cell phone.
...and for those who wanted to know how it's made.
I bought this 6 volt relay on Ebay: ebay.com link: itm
I already had this mini plasma ball but mine was supposed to be plugged in the wall: ebay.com link: itm
see pictures on how I connected everything and ask if there something you don't understand, it'll b a pleasure to explain.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

very very cool!! I’m assuming you went with this version because it was 5V? I’m going to try to recreate this but I want to find a sphere that doesn’t have the XMas theme in it.

#12334 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

very very cool!! I’m assuming you went with this version because it was 5V? I’m going to try to recreate this but I want to find a sphere that doesn’t have the XMas theme in it.

No, you could put in any plasma ball, any size, any voltage you want because the ball is activited by the transformer plugged direct into the ON/OFF switch on the game, when the game is turned on, the plasma ball power turns ON, the ball is activated by the relay which is plugged with aligator clips on the POWER BALL insert light.
Mine is exactly like this one, it does'nt have the XMas theme either: ebay.com link: itm

#12335 1 year ago

Fantastic post! Appreciate the guidance on how to use a relay for AC powered mods (thank you).

I have some of these on order:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256801497905332.html

DC powered flat plasma disks, sound activated. When they get here, I'll post some pics and report here.

#12336 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Fantastic post! Appreciate the guidance on how to use a relay for AC powered mods (thank you).
I have some of these on order:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256801497905332.html
DC powered flat plasma disks, sound activated. When they get here, I'll post some pics and report here.

Yes, please do keep us posted.
can't wait to see how you'll install these in your game.

#12337 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Yes, please do keep us posted.
can't wait to see how you'll install these in your game.

Absolutely! I was inspired by your post to experiment with these (thank you!). I have 4 different colors in bound

#12338 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Absolutely! I was inspired by your post to experiment with these (thank you!). I have 4 different colors in bound

By the way, I learned how to use relays when I made this game 10 years ago:

I also made this TZ mod a few month ago:

Here's an explanation of how I made it and why I made:
When I bought my TZ a few months ago, I was looking for a few interresting mods for it on Ebay, well, I found out that pretty much all of the same mods that were available 10 years ago are still available now a days with maybe a few more except that they now are 3 times the price they were without counting shipping that has exploded in the past few years. I was looking at this mod: ebay.com link: itm
it has the head lights that flash when the ball hits the bumers, I was thinking "what if I had a car that turned when the ball hits the bumpers instead? after a couplev weeks of thinking it over and looking at the different options I had, my plan was made, first I found the exact same car that you see in the Ebay link, in other words, I know where the guy buys his 1955 Ford Thunderbird model cars he modifies and resells on Ebay for 7 time it's actual price (that was a few month ago, prices have gone up) ebay.com link: itm
So I bought this car, bought a 6V to 12V low RPM motor off Ebay: ebay.com link: itm
, bought this voltage step down as well: ebay.com link: itm
and now I had everything I needed to do my mod, I connected the votage step down to the 20V flasher socket just beside the pop bumpers, adjusted to 7 volt output, connected the motor on the step down, installed the car on the motor pinion, installed the assembly on a small sheet of polycarbonate which is installed on top of the bumper plastics and lower pop bumper as well, step down is hidden between the 2 plastics.

#12339 1 year ago

Original WMS tool Clock Housings - back available again W logo tool in Clear (Red and Blue Coming soon) sold in Matched sets $39.95 introductory price ... we've not had these for many years ... original finish, etc.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-883X-13&Store_Code=PP

Team PPS

03-883X-13 (resized).jpg03-883X-13 (resized).jpg03-883X-13A (resized).jpg03-883X-13A (resized).jpg03-883X-13B (resized).jpg03-883X-13B (resized).jpg
#12340 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

Original WMS tool Clock Housings - back available again W logo tool in Clear (Red and Blue Coming soon) sold in Matched sets $39.95 introductory price ... we've not had these for many years ... original finish, etc.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-883X-13&Store_Code=PP
Team PPS
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking forward to getting a blue one from you!

#12341 1 year ago

After adjusting my new flippers, I went into test mode and tested them out. Everything worked fine but the right flipper hold test didn’t move anything. I can hear it trying to fire but the flipper doesn’t move. Weird thing is, it operates just fine during gameplay! Is this anything to be concerned about?!

#12342 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Is this anything to be concerned about?!

No. Flipper test is funky at best.

To run hold test. Hold the flipper bat up then run hold test, it should stay up. It shouldn't go up by itself.

If your flippers work fine in game play. Stop there.

Don't fix stuff that isn't broken.

#12343 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Flipper test is funky at best.
To run hold test. Hold the flipper bat up then run hold test, it should stay up. It shouldn't go up by itself.
If your flippers work fine in game play. Stop there.
Don't fix stuff that isn't broken.

Awesome! So if the flipper does go up by itself during the hold test, is that a problem?!

Last question, but the upper right flipper keeps moving out of position after a few test flips. I’ve tightened it down as good as I can but to no avail, how tight do these things need to be to stay put?!

#12344 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

is that a problem?!

No.

Quoted from atg1469:

I’ve tightened it down as good as I can but to no avail, how tight do these things need to be to stay put?!

Tighter. Eat your Wheaties.

#12345 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Awesome! So if the flipper does go up by itself during the hold test, is that a problem?!
Last question, but the upper right flipper keeps moving out of position after a few test flips. I’ve tightened it down as good as I can but to no avail, how tight do these things need to be to stay put?!

what's coming loose, the flipper bat? or the whole mech from the playfield? or the coils from the frame?

#12346 1 year ago

If you are running the home ROM, is there any way to turn it off free play? I am having an open house on Saturday and I want to leave the games on for ambiance, but I don't want anybody to be able to start a game. I can obviously unhook the start switch, but I was hoping for a more elegant solution.

#12347 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If you are running the home ROM, is there any way to turn it off free play?

No.

#12349 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

Team PPS
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I really hope the quality. Far surpasses Bay Area Amusements. Center of the clock was dished in just enough for the hands to rub.
Was not level in middle. Not fun troubleshooting that problem. Assemble, reassemble. Whats wrong. Oh, it is the new housing.

#12350 1 year ago

Need a head. Any leads?

C7B536D2-F1DF-4A4E-AFF5-EE7F464DE307 (resized).jpegC7B536D2-F1DF-4A4E-AFF5-EE7F464DE307 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.95
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 1,059.00
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/247?hl=manny65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.