IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 305.
#12201 1 year ago
Quoted from jid:

Here is a weird one: I have my TZ which had LEDs in it before I bought it.
I had a camera mod on it that never lit up (it was there when I bought the machine). So I figured I’d just replace it. New camera mod won’t light up. The bulb in the regular socket does but the camera won’t. Vendor ships me a replacement presuming the bulb in the mod is bad… same thing. So I’m on 3 cameras that don’t light up.
Any good way to bench test a 12VAC bulb?

I believe that is a DC circuit. It sounds like whatever that mod is attached to has a bad drive transistor or the alligator clips have fallen off the source flasher. Doesn't that mod just piggyback off another circuit? If so, move it to a known good circuit for testing.

#12202 1 year ago
Quoted from jid:

I had a camera mod on it that never lit up (it was there when I bought the machine). So I figured I’d just replace it. New camera mod won’t light up. The bulb in the regular socket does but the camera won’t. Vendor ships me a replacement presuming the bulb in the mod is bad… same thing. So I’m on 3 cameras that don’t light up.

Have you tried switching the wires to reverse polarity on the camera mod? Assuming it is LED and could be directional. "Older" style LED's can have this problem if you have an OCD board that sends DC to the LEDs.

#12203 1 year ago
Quoted from jid:

What socket are you plugging into? Unless it’s a flasher, the sockets in the game are 5v so your 12v bulb wouldn’t work. Our camera mod, which is not what you have, uses the socket for the camera insert to light and that is 5v. And like others mentioned, polarity could be an issue.

#12204 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What socket are you plugging into? Unless it’s a flasher, the sockets in the game are 5v so your 12v bulb wouldn’t work. Our camera mod, which is not what you have, uses the socket for the camera insert to light and that is 5v. And like others mentioned, polarity could be an issue.

Both of the modes (prev and current) use the camera socket which i believe is a 12v. i suppose i should get out the multimeter to make sure the voltage is correct on the socket. The wedge bulb that came w/ it works just fine but who knows what is in the camera.

I had no idea Lermods made a camera! I should have contacted you first! It isn't like my other games aren't loaded with your stuff! Plus there is always excellent support!

I tried reversing the alligator clips and that didn't do anything so i'll break out the multimeter and start from there! Thank you!!!

#12205 1 year ago
Quoted from jid:

Both of the modes (prev and current) use the camera socket which i believe is a 12v. i suppose i should get out the multimeter to make sure the voltage is correct on the socket. The wedge bulb that came w/ it works just fine but who knows what is in the camera.
I had no idea Lermods made a camera! I should have contacted you first! It isn't like my other games aren't loaded with your stuff! Plus there is always excellent support!
I tried reversing the alligator clips and that didn't do anything so i'll break out the multimeter and start from there! Thank you!!!

Pretty sure the camera insert is 5v. That’s how our camera is powered.

#12206 1 year ago

G'Day everyone,

Recently got my 1st Twilight Zone and love it, happy to be part of the club. I have added Robbie Robot and Camera mod's will be doing some further changes will keep you all up dated.

Cheers 05........

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12207 1 year ago

I wanted to follow up my post about the ball and the bridge diverter. After a couple failed attempts, I've found a $6 Ceramic Block Magnet at Home Depot that works perfectly. The price is half that at some online places. It's a "Magnet Source" brand product called "Ceramic Block Magnets" (you get 2). Seems to be part 07043. See picture below (although only one magnet remains!)

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

Here's the picture of it installed. It has worked perfectly. I've used my hand and rolled many fast pinballs at it. Captures the ball each time while always letting it drop.

IMG_1144 (resized).jpegIMG_1144 (resized).jpeg

I wrote up the (relatively simple) process of mounting this on my Twilight Zone page and included more pictures.

https://aaarpinball.com/TwilightZone/TwilightZone.htm

I know people have been talking about this solution for 15+ years. But parts change, so hopefully this helps someone today.

#12208 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

I wanted to follow up my post about the ball and the bridge diverter. After a couple failed attempts, I've found a $6 Ceramic Block Magnet at Home Depot that works perfectly. It's a "Magnet Source" brand product called "Ceramic Block Magnets" (you get 2). Seems to be part 07043. See picture below (although only one magnet remains!)
[quoted image]
Here's the picture of it installed. It has worked perfectly. I've used my hand and rolled many fast pinballs at it. Captures the ball each time while always letting it drop.
[quoted image]
I wrote up the (relatively simple) process of mounting this on my Twilight Zone page and included more pictures.
https://aaarpinball.com/TwilightZone/TwilightZone.htm
I know people have been talking about this solution for 15+ years. But parts change, so hopefully this helps someone today.

That is a huge magnet. It probably doubles the weight of the assembly. I would look for a smaller / lighter alternative. Also, what is up with the beefy wire on your diverter? looks like a coat hanger somebody stuck in there at one time. Get the correct wire and it might actually help your issue.

#12209 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

That is a huge magnet. It probably doubles the weight of the assembly. I would look for a smaller / lighter alternative. Also, what is up with the beefy wire on your diverter? looks like a coat hanger somebody stuck in there at one time. Get the correct wire and it might actually help your issue.

Personally I have bad expierence with magnets, too heavy indeed. This is the way I did it, the diverter always captures the ball even the ceramic one when shooted very hard with the right flipper. It is very thin stainless steel plate (ca. 0,3 mm). Be sure that the wire is not too close to the diverter.

TZ diverter (resized).jpgTZ diverter (resized).jpg
#12210 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

That is a huge magnet. It probably doubles the weight of the assembly.

It's just 25g, which is less than 1/3 of a pinball. Seems fine and continues to work great.

#12211 1 year ago

I have A few used TZ plastics for free. PM me

#12212 1 year ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I have A few used TZ plastics for free. PM me

What a wonderful offer. PM sent on the blue plastic above the upper right flipper of its still available.

#12213 1 year ago

Just finished installing stumblor lollypop for bumpers on my Twilight Zone

I kept the inserts to reflect gameplay status, and I have installed colored leds in the three bumpers to reflect the original bumper cover

Installation required a vertical holder to mount the board, see picture (space is TIGHT under a TZ playfield)

20220520_193155 (resized).jpg20220520_193155 (resized).jpg
#12214 1 year ago

Just joined the club. Such an awesome pin. Looking for a broken plastic. Thanks

20220522_164849 (resized).jpg20220522_164849 (resized).jpg20220522_193046 (resized).jpg20220522_193046 (resized).jpg
#12215 1 year ago

Someone put a centerpost in a TZ? That sucks

#12216 1 year ago
Quoted from waldo34:

[quoted image][quoted image]

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/twilight-zone/7302/shooter-lane-plastic-for-twilight-zone?c=0

Sold as a single piece here. (In Germany though).

Nice flippers! I like the color combo.

#12217 1 year ago

These folks won’t ship to the states unfortunately. There was a group where someone had setup a group buy scenario and would ship items to you from Pinball Center but he got burned one too many times on shipping issues and called it quits. It’s a bummer too because this place carries some very cool, one of a kind type items!

#12218 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

These folks won’t ship to the states unfortunately. There was a group where someone had setup a group buy scenario and would ship items to you from Pinball Center but he got burned one too many times on shipping issues and called it quits. It’s a bummer too because this place carries some very cool, one of a kind type items!

If you really can't find it elsewhere, send me a PM. I'm an American living here and I can probably help you out as I've done for some others.

#12219 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

If you really can't find it elsewhere, send me a PM. I'm an American living here and I can probably help you out as I've done for some others.

Thanks ePay had it. Delivery in a couple of days. Loving TZ. A few minor issues that I need to adjust. Next up for me is to read this thread looking for DIY mods.

#12220 1 year ago

Hi all, i got a problem since i cleaned the machine. The launcher diverter always open when game start so i can't use manual launcher. Everything looks good, coil etc but voltage come always at start, then it stuck in straight position and when i try to lower it with my hand i can feel a little " clic" . Any idea ? test is ok btw

large (resized).jpeglarge (resized).jpeg
#12221 1 year ago
Quoted from Babysha:

but voltage come always at start

Coils always have power at all times in WPC games. The transistors on the driverboard simply ground the voltage, completing the circuit and activating the solenoid.

Assuming this is an electrical problem, and not a mechanical one where it’s simply binding, Start by checking the associated transistor on the driver board. If good, check the associated pre-driver.

#12222 1 year ago
Quoted from waldo34:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I found your broken plastic. It’s sitting right on the playfield glass.

Wade

#12223 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Coils always have power at all times in WPC games. The transistors on the driverboard simply ground the voltage, completing the circuit and activating the solenoid.
Assuming this is an electrical problem, and not a mechanical one where it’s simply binding, Start by checking the associated transistor on the driver board. If good, check the associated pre-driver.

thank you , i checked q44 and 43 with multimeter on board bur looks ok. More details : every ball the coil stop after 10sec and it lower automaticly. Also for skill shot or multiball , the diverter works fine, it's only when new ball. May be it come from ball detection ? i checked switches, nothing wrong

#12224 1 year ago
Quoted from Babysha:

thank you , i checked q44 and 43 with multimeter on board bur looks ok. More details : every ball the coil stop after 10sec and it lower automaticly. Also for skill shot or multiball , the diverter works fine, it's only when new ball. May be it come from ball detection ? i checked switches, nothing wrong

Did you check that all the balls are installed in the machine? It sounds like one might be missing. It should be 6 balls (3 in trough, 3 in gumball machine), unless you're running the 9.4H rom and set it to have 4 balls in the gumball machine.

#12225 1 year ago
Quoted from Planet866:

Did you check that all the balls are installed in the machine? It sounds like one might be missing. It should be 6 balls (3 in trough, 3 in gumball machine), unless you're running the 9.4H rom and set it to have 4 balls in the gumball machine.

just checked and yes i got 6

edit : i just realised that every time i turn on game the auto launcher throw one ball off .

#12226 1 year ago
Quoted from Babysha:

edit : i just realised that every time i turn on game the auto launcher throw one ball off .

It sounds like the game thinks one ball is missing from the gumball machine. Double check the trough switches are reporting correctly. You can also try emptying the gumball through the test menu and then loading 3 balls.

#12227 1 year ago
Quoted from Babysha:

Quoted from Planet866:

It sounds like the game thinks one ball is missing from the gumball machine. Double check the trough switches are reporting correctly. You can also try emptying the gumball through the test menu and then loading 3 balls.

No, that means it 'sees' too many balls in the trough. It won't actively load a ball in the gumball machine if it dosen't need to - and it will only load one if it seems more than three balls down in the trough/outhole.

Check all 4 trough switches, and the outhole switch.

#12228 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

No, that means it 'sees' too many balls in the trough. It won't actively load a ball in the gumball machine if it dosen't need to - and it will only load one if it seems more than three balls down in the trough/outhole.
Check all 4 trough switches, and the outhole switch.

found! thank you very much. i tried before switches by under playfield and was ok ( because i pressed switches and not the wireform) but this time i took off apron and realised that the last wireform was not aligned so it stucked to wood in close position . . Damn. a bit weird that this is related to my problem but now diverter works like a charm. thanks all

#12229 1 year ago

Hi , can anyone show a photo of A-16164 lock up ramp ? Bought a non working machine and just realized I had both sides of the ramp
and no bottom . The manual shows a number but no photo .
Thanks Scott

#12230 1 year ago
Quoted from g43crazy:

Hi , can anyone show a photo of A-16164 lock up ramp ? Bought a non working machine and just realized I had both sides of the ramp
and no bottom . The manual shows a number but no photo .
Thanks Scott

Does this help?

20180413_152228 (resized).jpg20180413_152228 (resized).jpg
#12231 1 year ago

Here are photos of the ramp and with the ramp removed. Also a snippet from the manual that shows where the part is

It only has a ramp on one side. The ball goes up, and drops into the lock ball section.

598A5471-6EA3-4563-980A-D2C02047997F (resized).jpeg598A5471-6EA3-4563-980A-D2C02047997F (resized).jpeg7D31A1D0-DF22-4E82-A6DB-7235C92C7FB5 (resized).jpeg7D31A1D0-DF22-4E82-A6DB-7235C92C7FB5 (resized).jpegD27475B8-A204-4818-A4B1-29A3D592082A (resized).jpegD27475B8-A204-4818-A4B1-29A3D592082A (resized).jpeg
#12232 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Does this help?
[quoted image]

Sorry Manny, I saw you posted after hitting post!

#12233 1 year ago

G'Day,

Said I would give an update on mods to come .... Here's the latest.

Sammy Hagar 5150 - Peter Brock 05

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12234 1 year ago

Thank you . That helps a lot . I know what is missing now.

#12235 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Sorry Manny, I saw you posted after hitting post!

All good mate - it always take a bit of time getting all the pics etc together and you added a bit more detail in your post

1 week later
#12236 1 year ago

My Dad's TZ has a display problem. What's this board on top of the DMD controller board? I don't see it listed in the manual.

20220606_120950 (resized).jpg20220606_120950 (resized).jpg

#12237 1 year ago

That's weird. Looks like some sort of glorified Band-aid. Definitely not factory.

#12238 1 year ago

That is a high voltage board to add on and bypass the onboard HV section which was bad. Basically for someone who did not have the skills to rebuild the HV section.

#12239 1 year ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

That is a high voltage board to add on and bypass the onboard HV section which was bad. Basically for someone who did not have the skills to rebuild the HV section.

Thank you! I dont think we'll be needing it anymore since we are now using an LED Colordmd.

#12240 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Thank you! I dont think we'll be needing it anymore since we are now using an LED Colordmd.

that should be correct. My IJPA came with something similar to that, pulled it off, no issue.

#12241 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

My Dad's TZ has a display problem. What's this board on top of the DMD controller board? I don't see it listed in the manual.
[quoted image]

BTW I love the bread bag twist ties holding in in the machine!

#12242 1 year ago

That is hideous. It’s like my tv broke so I’ll just used the broken one as a stand for my new one.

#12243 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

BTW I love the bread bag twist ties holding in in the machine!

I noticed those as well. It wasn't me! Lol

#12245 1 year ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Just notice that Pinball Life is now selling TZ mini playfield replacement switch kits.
https://www.pinballlife.com/twilight-zone-the-power-mini-playfield-switch-replacement-kit.html

Woo hoo!!! Is this the one that cleans up the posts? Looks like it!

#12246 1 year ago

Any links or tips for stuck balls caught on a Robby Robot mount when the ball dumps and misses the left spiral area

#12247 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Any links or tips for stuck balls caught on a Robby Robot mount when the ball dumps and misses the left spiral area

Robby Robot is a mod - think there are various versions as well as DIY ones. So you’ll need to post some pics if you’re after ideas of how to stop the hung ball

#12248 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I made a wire form. My Robby is mounted on the Cliffy bracket which is the most common of the attachment methods. I tweaked the shape a couple times and came up with this. It works great.

20220607_235600 (resized).jpg20220607_235600 (resized).jpg20220607_235634 (resized).jpg20220607_235634 (resized).jpg20220607_235710 (resized).jpg20220607_235710 (resized).jpg
#12249 1 year ago

Here's my solution.

20220608_001538 (resized).jpg20220608_001538 (resized).jpg
#12250 1 year ago

Thank you all

Here is my set up, guess as mentioned pretty standard with the Cliffy mount

I’ll see what I can come up with

CD8FD826-56CD-4AAB-9168-DE3B25631098 (resized).jpegCD8FD826-56CD-4AAB-9168-DE3B25631098 (resized).jpegF295ED2B-6234-4838-B046-75C6363A9B9A (resized).jpegF295ED2B-6234-4838-B046-75C6363A9B9A (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 29.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
There are 15,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/245 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.