Topic Stats

• 7,445 posts
  • 559 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Aniraf
  • Topic is favorited by 300 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,931 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190914_133014 (resized).jpg
20190914_085036 (resized).jpg
20180413_153420 (resized).jpg
20190913_193728 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190911_143455 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190911_143652 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190911_143720 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190911_143714 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190911_143629 (resized).jpg
D53AEA1D-B4AF-4E0F-8C15-C6DD75E18A1C (resized).jpeg
FJIMG_20190910_173557 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20190910_173539 (resized).jpg
Twilight-Zone-Shooter-Rod-01 (resized).jpg
20190827_222343 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190824-124646 (resized).png

There are 7445 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 149.
#1101 4 years ago

You can find a pdf of the manual on IPDB. Instructions are within that - it's not hard.

#1102 4 years ago

Yep, and it doesn't so much "lift", so much as it slides forward. All that holds it down, really, is the screw from the wireform ramp, and the two nuts at the front, outermost, top edges on top of the lower post of the side switches. Undo those three and it'll slide forward enough to tip forward so you can remove that piece of cardboard and you'll have plenty of access to all the bulbs.

I've got the physical manuals to my games, but one thing I've done is to download them to my iPhone and iPad so I can zoom in nice and close, too. Plus, it's easier to prop up the iPad and not have to worry about the pages flipping over.

#1103 4 years ago

Finally.... TZ home... still some little tweaks to do, but play smoothly!!!!!

First pics:

20150813_174853.jpg20150813_174825.jpg20150813_174744.jpg20150813_174659.jpg20150813_174726.jpg

#1104 4 years ago

Note 1: I need a new translite!

#1105 4 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Yep, and it doesn't so much "lift", so much as it slides forward. All that holds it down, really, is the screw from the wireform ramp, and the two nuts at the front, outermost, top edges on top of the lower post of the side switches. Undo those three and it'll slide forward enough to tip forward so you can remove that piece of cardboard and you'll have plenty of access to all the bulbs.
I've got the physical manuals to my games, but one thing I've done is to download them to my iPhone and iPad so I can zoom in nice and close, too. Plus, it's easier to prop up the iPad and not have to worry about the pages flipping over.

Thanks for this tip. I'm thinking that might be the easiest way to put on the switch mod rather than try to solder in place.

#1106 4 years ago

Proud TZ owner as of last week!

image.jpg

#1107 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Proud TZ owner as of last week!

Blue behind the translight logo is a nice touch.

#1108 4 years ago

I'm surprised I have never posted on this thread. Long time owner of a re-import TZ. Some of my mods I built myself like Robby and the TV. Here is my cheap and simple solution for a TV mod. Hallmark ornament, gutted it and installed a lamp in the back and tied it into the GI. Gotta love that shooter lane!

2009_1026TZ0041.jpg

2010_0703newwalk20030.jpg

2009_1026TZ0001.jpg

2009_1026TZ0002.jpg

2009_1026TZ0003.jpg

2009_1026TZ0004.jpg

2009_1026TZ0006.jpg

2009_1026TZ0009.jpg

#1109 4 years ago

few more pics...

2011_0122tzclock0017.jpg

2011_0122tzclock0023.jpg

2011_0122tzclock0028.jpg

2009_1026TZ0015.jpg

2009_1026TZ0037.jpg

2009_1026TZ0043.jpg

2009_1026TZ0048.jpg

2009_1026TZ0060.jpg

#1110 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'm surprised I have never posted on this thread. Long time owner of a re-import TZ. Some of my mods I built myself like Robby and the TV. Here is my cheap and simple solution for a TV mod. Hallmark ornament, gutted it and installed a lamp in the back and tied it into the GI. Gotta love that shooter lane!

What the heck happened to your autofire gate?!

#1111 4 years ago

I never really noticed that before. Looks smashed in. Something to fix!

#1112 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I never really noticed that before. Looks smashed in. Something to fix!

The poor thing! Hey, it works, so you don't HAVE to fix it.. I was just wondering what happened to it.

#1113 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Blue behind the translight logo is a nice touch.

Thanks !!!

#1114 4 years ago

Should I use these toys as toppers?

20150813_201201.jpg

#1115 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Should I use these toys as toppers?

It's your pin. Dress it any way you please.

BTW, toppers that are not fastened down I am careful to remove prior to a tournament or any other event that is going to bring out the heavy nudgers.

#1116 4 years ago

Blue looks great in the back glass, here's mine.

image.jpg

#1117 4 years ago

Anyone know the screw size/type that holds the Power mini-playfield to the wireform ramp?

#1118 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Anyone know the screw size/type that holds the Power mini-playfield to the wireform ramp?

My hole is stripped I originally put a #10-16 nut below the playfield but it was a hassle so I just leave the stripped screw in there now.

#1119 4 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

My hole is stripped I originally put a #10-16 nut below the playfield but it was a hassle so I just leave the stripped screw in there now.

I lost the screw for my game back in 1996. It hasn't had once since. However, since I'm rebuilding it, I figured now was the time to finally get one.

#1120 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Thanks for this tip. I'm thinking that might be the easiest way to put on the switch mod rather than try to solder in place.

Oh, heck yes! I just installed that GLM mini switch kit last week myself. It never even crossed my mind to install it in place!

I even took it a little further and really cleaned up all that wiring that stick out everywhere, too. I shortened, rerouted, and ran in it all in some heat shrink tubing(un-shrunk, though). I'll take a few pics this weekend and post them up here for all to see. I'm really quite proud of how it all came out. Looks super slick now and is a lot easier to handle without all those wires sticking out in all crazy directions.

#1121 4 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Oh, heck yes! I just installed that GLM mini switch kit last week myself. It never even crossed my mind to install it in place!
I even took it a little further and really cleaned up all that wiring that stick out everywhere, too. I shortened, rerouted, and ran in it all in some heat shrink tubing(un-shrunk, though). I'll take a few pics this weekend and post them up here for all to see. I'm really quite proud of how it all came out. Looks super slick now and is a lot easier to handle without all those wires sticking out in all crazy directions.

Cool, any tips you have on installing this mod would be appreciated!

#1122 4 years ago

Hoping to join the club. In a few days, I am going to look at a TZ that's supposedly in great shape.

Any owners want to share anything specific that I should be paying close attention to when looking over a TZ?

#1123 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Cool, any tips you have on installing this mod would be appreciated!

Ditto

#1124 4 years ago

It's a very complex game. If you don't know the game well, you will be rolling the dice a bit. Clock, kick outs, boards, powerball recognition, gumball machine, mini pf. If the game has 9.4h rom, play the litz cheat and see how the game deals with all the balls.

I've got a lot of mods available too

Good luck, it's a fantastic game!

#1125 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It's a very complex game. If you don't know the game well, you will be rolling the dice a bit. Clock, kick outs, boards, powerball recognition, gumball machine, mini pf. If the game has 9.4h rom, play the litz cheat and see how the game deals with all the balls.
I've got a lot of mods available too
Good luck, it's a fantastic game!

I just got my TZ and I am still learning the game.... I have 9.4H installed.... whats litz cheat?

What mods have you got?

#1126 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

whats litz cheat?

Starting 6 ball wizard mode - Lost in the Zone (LitZ) at start to practice.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/IgG6IctPD3s

#1127 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I just got my TZ and I am still learning the game.... I have 9.4H installed.... whats litz cheat?
What mods have you got?

Litz cheat is started with buyin button upon starting a game.

Here's my mods if you are interested...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/19263

#1128 4 years ago

For those that have LEDed your games - what TYPE (not color) did you use in the lightning bolts? (Power Payoff, mini-Playfield lights)

#1129 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

For those that have LEDed your games - what TYPE (not color) did you use in the lightning bolts? (Power Payoff, mini-Playfield lights)

I went with the two headed flex LEDs for the bolts. I wanted to make sure the entire bolt was lit up and they work nicely.

http://www.cometpinball.com/2-SMD-FLEX-Non-Ghosting-p/2smdflexng.htm

#1130 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I went with the two headed flex LEDs for the bolts. I wanted to make sure the entire bolt was lit up and they work nicely.
http://www.cometpinball.com/2-SMD-FLEX-Non-Ghosting-p/2smdflexng.htm

Okay, yeah - I was wanting the whole bolt lit up, not spotted.

Thanks!
-Mike

#1131 4 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

Starting 6 ball wizard mode - Lost in the Zone (LitZ) at start to practice.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/IgG6IctPD3s

Quoted from Lermods:

Litz cheat is started with buyin button upon starting a game.
Here's my mods if you are interested...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/19263

Thanks for the answers, fellows.....

Well, I tried to start a game and then press the extra ball button for 5 seconds, but nothing happened.....

So.... I'm wondering if:

1) is there any specific setting I should change?
2) maybe my extra ball button is not working?
3) am I doing something wrong?

#1132 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Thanks for the answers, fellows.....
Well, I tried to start a game and then press the extra ball button for 5 seconds, but nothing happened.....
So.... I'm wondering if:
1) is there any specific setting I should change?
2) maybe my extra ball button is not working?
3) am I doing something wrong?

If the setting is enabled (A.2 48), then hold the Ex Ball button. The game will play the 'Twilight Zone' da-da-da-da, and light Piano and Slot (if not already). Then shoot into either one, and LITZ will be awarded.

Alternatively, for fun in tournaments, set A.2 14 to '4'. Hilarity ensues.

#1133 4 years ago

Yeah, I checked it and Litz Cheat is set to yes..... the game did not play the TZ song on start, but I will try with the glass off, shooting into the piano/slot....

#1134 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Yeah, I checked it and Litz Cheat is set to yes..... the game did not play the TZ song on start, but I will try with the glass off, shooting into the piano/slot....

Note -
You have to press the Ex Ball button while the game's already going.
Start a game.
Hold down the Ex Ball button for a long time, until you hear the TZ sound.
Then shoot the piano or slot.

And yes.. your Ex Ball button has to be working.

#1135 4 years ago

Well, f*ck.

When uploading some new images of my completed playfield, I accidentally wiped *all* of my shopout pictures.

So, I have pictures to go by. This isn't a problem for assemblies (I mean, slingshot brackets can only mount one way..!) It IS, however, really difficult to get all the GI sockets in the right places.

If anyone has a few moments and can grab some shots of their wiring harness - specifically the rear of the playfield, showing the left and right strips of lights, it'd be appreciated. I'll send you $ for a beer, if you can continue to help as I go.

#1136 4 years ago

This area? Grabbed a few angles from inside my project TZ. Waiting for cold weather before starting.

IMG_9148.jpg

IMG_9147.jpg

IMG_9146.jpg

IMG_9149.jpg

IMG_9150.jpg

#1137 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

This area? Grabbed a few angles from inside my project TZ. Waiting for cold weather before starting.

IMG_9148.jpg IMG_9147.jpg IMG_9146.jpg IMG_9149.jpg IMG_9150.jpg

Many, many thanks!
A couple of them were confusing, since the 'wire memory' wasn't matching the locations. Once I saw your pics, I got it. (For some reason, an extra amount of wire was used for two close sockets, which had thrown me.)

#1138 4 years ago

I'm surprised that I hadn't seen any other games - especially ones that owners name as being 'blacked out' use these -
IMG_20150818_201413.jpg
Locknuts, used to hold down plastics (and hold posts under the playfield), but in black.

I have been missing some for a while, so decided to order a bag of them, and saw that McMaster offered them in blackened chrome. Be curious to see how these look.

#1139 4 years ago

For a moment I flirted with the idea of selling my TZ to fund an MMR but they're too expensive still, even from people who bought them and regret the purchase. Maybe I'd regret the purchase too...

Anyhow! I finished a mini Playfield Swap...now it has the prototype look without "flip here"

20150817_212649-1.jpg

#1140 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

For a moment I flirted with the idea of selling my TZ to fund an MMR

Then you came to your senses. TZ > MM imo. It's just too much fun.

#1141 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

For a moment I flirted with the idea of selling my TZ to fund an MMR but they're too expensive still, even from people who bought them and regret the purchase. Maybe I'd regret the purchase too...

If you would put them side by side there would be no regrets

MM-tilttopper02.jpg

#1142 4 years ago

Show off!

#1143 4 years ago

How easy it is to get to the lock hole? Any order of things I should remove and subsequent instructions? My lock bricks out shots 9/10 times and I read that prying the lock hole slot open helps tremendously with this

#1144 4 years ago

Says the guy with 41 games at his collection!

#1145 4 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

How easy it is to get to the lock hole? Any order of things I should remove and subsequent instructions? My lock bricks out shots 9/10 times and I read that prying the lock hole slot open helps tremendously with this

There should be spacers under the two rear legs of the metal lock piece. Try putting a washer or two under each leg. If you raise it too high in the back, it might cause stuck balls from the kickout saucer on the other end so don't go overboard.

#1146 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Note -
You have to press the Ex Ball button while the game's already going.
Start a game.
Hold down the Ex Ball button for a long time, until you hear the TZ sound.
Then shoot the piano or slot.
And yes.. your Ex Ball button has to be working.

Looks like my ex-ball is really not working.... Set the game to buy a credit at the end of the game and I couldn't do it either.... So I got to have it checked...

#1147 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Looks like my ex-ball is really not working.... Set the game to buy a credit at the end of the game and I couldn't do it either.... So I got to have it checked...

There's a fantastic and MUCH easier way to tell..

It's called the 'Switch Test'. In fact, it's the first test in the Test menu. A lot easier than starting a game and playing three balls to find out.

#1148 4 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

You'll have to remove the Clock and the Right Ramp, *possibly* the left ramp (I don't remember if that got in the way.)

But like was mentioned, don't bend - insert a few washers under the *rear* two legs - this will lift it up and help a LOT.

#1149 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It's called the 'Switch Test'. In fact, it's the first test in the Test menu. A lot easier than starting a game and playing three balls to find out.

#1150 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

..I mean.. unless you WANT to play a game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
There are 7445 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 149.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside