pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1478 (resized).JPG
TZ2 (resized).jpg
TZ1 (resized).jpg
Robs TZ (resized).jpg
top (resized).jpg
2C9568E3-D69D-4481-8553-814EFFBFD111 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11426 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 229.
#10501 4 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Love the low profile switches! A little bit of work to install, but well worth it!
[quoted image][quoted image]

How did you do it? Replace the switches? It looks fantastic!

#10502 4 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Nice indeed, where did you get them?

Quoted from VancouverNinja:

How did you do it? Replace the switches? It looks fantastic!

Ordered them 2-3 years ago from pinsider Twister .

#10503 4 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Nice indeed, where did you get them?

Twister makes them and he's over your way too

Edit: ... what awesome1 said

#10504 4 months ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I used about 25-30 balls in each half. Looks better with the power on and pinbits lights shining down, but took these in a hurry! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's slick. I can see in just the one photo of your game how nice it is. Wow! Great example! Nice, straight, clear plastics on the main ramp! Cool back panel decal!

#10505 4 months ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

I fixed my game! A few minor issues left, but it’s playable.
The only thing is… my shooter rod broke and, well, I didn’t have anything else.
[quoted image]

Looks like a nice game. Congrats on bringing her back online. The rose shooter rod looks nice, if not exactly theme-appropriate.

#10506 4 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Love the low profile switches! A little bit of work to install, but well worth it!

That looks super dope. Great job!
Are these switches available from Marco's or Pinball Life, or are they part of an exclusive kit made by Twister?

#10507 4 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

That looks super dope. Great job!
Are these switches available from Marco's or Pinball Life, or are they part of an exclusive kit made by Twister?

IIRC someone in the US used to make them a long time ago but these days they are only available via Twister so you need to contact him directly

#10508 4 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

IIRC someone in the US used to make them a long time ago but these days they are only available via Twister so you need to contact him directly

Thanks, Manny.
I'll reach out to Twister.

#10509 4 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Is your yellow pop bumper cap in the wrong spot? Trying to remember, isn't it red left top, orange right top and yellow at the bottom?

Should be the same order as the insert lights on the upper playfield. When you do a skill shot the same pop bumper lights should illuminate as the color skill shot you get. (red skill shot lights red pop bumper, orange skill shot lights red and orange and yellow skill shot lights all 3)

#10510 4 months ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Is your yellow pop bumper cap in the wrong spot? Trying to remember, isn't it red left top, orange right top and yellow at the bottom?
Should be the same order as the insert lights on the upper playfield. When you do a skill shot the same pop bumper lights should illuminate as the color skill shot you get. (red skill shot lights red pop bumper, orange skill shot lights red and orange and yellow skill shot lights all 3)

Yes - funny you should mention as this topic came up previously and I did change them... The pictures I posted are older before I changed the pop bumpers to the 'correct' locations!

#10511 4 months ago

I'm sure this applies to many other machines of the era, but I have owned my TZ since early 2006 and every time I turn it on I breathe a sigh of relief when I don't hear that "bong bong bong bong" sound of an error message after the boot test. Anyone else do this?

#10512 4 months ago

Anyone interested in trading their TZ for a Cirqus Voltaire? PM me. Thanks.

#10513 3 months ago

Easy-break Plastics?

Please list those playfield plastics on TZ that are particularly prone to breaking.

*Slings
*Flipper lanes
*Slot Machine
*Rocket Pad
*Magna-Flip signs

What else?

Is the large plastic above the Jackpot scoop/hole anything to be concerned about? It takes shots from the upper-left flipper, but that flipper's coil is fairly mild. Or how about the wedge-shaped piece just above the upper-right flipper?

Thanks.

#10514 3 months ago

Easy-break Plastics?
Please list those playfield plastics on TZ that are particularly prone to breaking.
*Slings
*Flipper lanes
*Slot Machine
*Rocket Pad
*Magna-Flip signs
What else?
Is the large plastic above the Jackpot scoop/hole anything to be concerned about? It take shots from the upper-left flipper, but that flipper's coil is fairly mild.
Thanks.

Here's the standard TZ plastic protector list, so will give you a good idea of those prone to breaking https://pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=153

#10515 3 months ago

Is this normal?

I took this plastic off the playfield as part of the shopping process.
Its spacers are mismatched, causing it to bend.
Is there a purpose to that, or should I replace the longer spacer with something that matches the shorter one?

9C3CDDA7-6FF4-4F91-A808-956F759ABDF8 (resized).jpegFA320FE8-9007-4C2E-AFF6-42AF95A6AEC7 (resized).jpeg
#10516 3 months ago

Is this normal?
I took this plastic off the playfield as part of the shopping process.
Its spacers are mismatched, causing it to bend.
Is there a purpose to that, or should I replace the longer spacer with something that matches the shorter one?

The spacers are correct and angles the plastic to run any air ball that lands on it back into the upper orbit, rather than coming down the plastic and getting caught between the ramps.

#10517 3 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The spacers are correct and angles the plastic to run any air ball that lands on it back into the upper orbit, rather than coming down the plastic and getting caught between the ramps.

When I cleaned that area and changed the LEDs in that awful 3-tier stack I also noticed that "bent" plastic and of course changed the spacer ooops
Have to admit I've had my fair share of air balls but nothing has trapped yet ...if it does i will put it back

#10518 3 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

This.
That is supposed to be like that.

#10519 3 months ago

Is my center lamp board missing its flasher board or did some TZ's ship without them?
Are they still available?
If I don't put one in, will my inserts look dim above these vacant holes?
Just want to build a complete game.
Thanks.

13D91E9C-BE64-4CAD-9ECB-FB8B2B3F65EC (resized).jpeg
#10520 3 months ago

Is my center lamp board missing its flasher board or did some TZ's ship without them?
Thanks.
[quoted image]

MOST Twilight Zones' did not ship with them. Mine, a very early sample, did not. I got mine because the part number listed in the manual was valid, and my distributor ordered one from WMS.

It should look fine.

#10521 3 months ago

Thanks.
[quoted image]

There is an aftermarket add on for these... forgot where I got mine, may have been here:
https://pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=432

#10522 3 months ago

Thanks.
[quoted image]

Or you can replace the whole door lamp board with a new and improve board that includes all 4 flashes from Davi - here's his thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-door-lamp-board-flashers-add-on

#10523 3 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

There is an aftermarket add on for these... forgot where I got mine, may have been here:
https://pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=432

Sold out and Pinbits appears to be have stopped trading i think. I'd personally go for the full new lampboard, even though i already have the Pinbits mod from about 5yrs ago.

#10524 3 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Or you can replace the whole door lamp board with a new and improve board that includes all 4 flashes from Davi - here's his thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-door-lamp-board-flashers-add-on

This would be THE route to go.

Has MY seal of approval. Whatever that may be.

#10525 3 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Can't get any better than your seal of approval

#10526 3 months ago
nedladdning.jpeg (resized).jpg
#10527 3 months ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

[quoted image]

195062f4b691781b5e16e1a2562fb1d7 (resized).jpg
#10528 3 months ago

Heidi Klun seal of approval

#10529 3 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

This would be THE route to go.

second this. Davi board is sweet.

#10530 3 months ago

Wrong thread

#10531 3 months ago

GI LED Color and Brightness:

Which do you prefer?

Cool White?
Sunlight?
Warm White?

2SMD or 1SMD?

Thanks.

#10532 3 months ago

Which do you prefer?
Cool White?
Sunlight?
Warm White?
2SMD or 1SMD?
Thanks.

Sunlight 2SMD + GI OCD default settings (i may have tweaked them)

#10533 3 months ago

Thanks, but why do you need the OCD board for the GI alone?

#10534 3 months ago

Which do you prefer?
Cool White?
Sunlight?
Warm White?
2SMD or 1SMD?
Thanks.

I like the 2 SMD Cool White in TZ. The GI OCD board is excellent as TZ incorporates a lot of dimming effects and the GI OCD board allows that to happen with the use of LEDs. I did some tweaking of the settings on mine to fine tune the dimming range.

#10535 3 months ago

Looking for a custom mirror clock face? These were part of a prototype run, specifically for the playfield clock.

I have a few of them available along with some clear acrylic face lenses (blue protective layer shown). They mount with silver standoffs and spell out TWILIGHT ZONE instead of the cryptic characters. Clock lighting passes thru the graphics, and the rest is a mirror. PM me if interested. tzlens (resized).jpg

#10536 3 months ago

You need the GI version of the OCD board if you want to retain your GI dimming effects with LEDs.

In my opinion, either leave it incandescent and enjoy the original light show, or use LEDs with a GI OCD board and see something very very similar to it. Anything middle ground (i.e. LEDs only) is a poor compromise.

Top-Tip: Buy NON-anti-ghosting LEDs for best effect with an OCD board.

#10537 3 months ago

You need the GI version of the OCD board if you want to retain your GI dimming effects with LEDs.
In my opinion, either leave it incandescent and enjoy the original light show, or use LEDs with a GI OCD board and see something very very similar to it. Anything middle ground (i.e. LEDs only) is a poor compromise.
Top-Tip: Buy NON-anti-ghosting LEDs for best effect with an OCD board.

Ah I'm interested into knowing more. I was wondering which pinball machine had dimming effects on GI, and since my TZ came installed with LED, can't really figure it out. Can you capture a video of GI dimming effects in TZ ? (I have an Afterglow GI, but cabling is a pain so before undergoing this some video would be welcome).

And on a sidenote, I would welcome a list of pinball machines with actually GI dimming effect. I know TOTAN has it for ex (I've seen a video), what about Indiana Jones (WPC) ?

Regards

#10538 3 months ago

Which do you prefer?
Cool White?
Sunlight?
Warm White?
2SMD or 1SMD?
Thanks.

Here is mine in sunlight from Comet Pinball
2D74AC36-A615-4DAF-A751-B7CA66DF0954 (resized).jpeg

#10539 3 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Can you capture a video of GI dimming effects in TZ ?

Try this video with incandescent bulbs:

Quick scan through shows GI dims roughly at:
4:04 for MB start.
4:15 for Jackpot.
8:30 for Powerball callout.
14:10 for Power field.

#10540 3 months ago

Try this video with incandescent bulbs:

Quick scan through shows GI dims roughly at:
4:04 for MB start.
4:15 for Jackpot.
8:30 for Powerball callout.
14:10 for Power field.

Wow, I had not realized how much I was missing. To me GI sounded like On all the time (which it is without GI OCD). Thanks for the pointer

#10541 3 months ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Looking for a custom mirror clock face? These were part of a prototype run, specifically for the playfield clock.
I have a few of them available along with some clear acrylic face lenses (blue protective layer shown). They mount with silver standoffs and spell out TWILIGHT ZONE instead of the cryptic characters. Clock lighting passes thru the graphics, and the rest is a mirror. PM me if interested. [quoted image]

Could you show it in the clock and lit?

#10542 3 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Wow, I had not realized how much I was missing. To me GI sounded like On all the time (which it is without GI OCD). Thanks for the pointer

OCD GI dimming makes a big difference. I like how the bulbs can be brighter in attract mode, and auto dim slightly when gameplay starts. In powerball mode, the playfield dims more and has a dramatic effect. The OCD board also eliminated the LED flickering I was seeing.

#10543 3 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Could you show it in the clock and lit?

I'm going to place the face in my TZ clock and take some pictures. Should have done that long ago...doh!

#10544 3 months ago

Hi.
How does this plunger come out of the bracket?
Weird cradle head seems pressed on.
Gum ball kicker.
Just resleeving all these kicker coils.
Thanks.

6650AC0A-DAA2-4131-A98D-6532FC9EAAC5 (resized).jpeg

#10545 3 months ago

Hi.
Gum ball kicker.
Thanks.
[quoted image]

Is't there a screw on top, in the "cup" so to speak ?

#10546 3 months ago

Hi.
Gum ball kicker.
Thanks.
[quoted image]

As Zigzagzag said there's a screw in the ball popper cup. Remove the screw and the cup, then you'll be able to get the coil and plunger out to replace the sleeve.
TZ Ball Popper (resized).JPG

#10547 3 months ago

Posts or star posts in upper zone of pops?

49B3614A-FA34-4FE8-BF5F-9CA47A4CBAC1 (resized).jpeg
#10548 3 months ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Is't there a screw on top, in the "cup" so to speak ?

Yes. This became clear once I took the bracket off the PF.
Thanks, all.

#10549 3 months ago

[quoted image]

Flip a coin

#10550 3 months ago

[quoted image]

As factory, star posts. Though nothing stopping you from putting anything else in there.

There are 11426 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 229.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside