IMG_6425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240406_221516459 (resized).jpg
IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 305.
#1001 8 years ago
Quoted from Invader:

I haven't got a reply yet also. Ingo, could you please also check my mail / PM? Thanks.

Sorry, will do tomorrow morning ... promised!!!!

#1002 8 years ago

Replied you Ingo, thanks!

#1003 8 years ago

Hello, planning to buy a tz. A seller is telling me his tz is working fine, but sometimes he gets an error regarding the clock, although the clock works fine during play. He says he previously has another tz, behaving in the same way. So it looks like its a Tz thing to sometimes show those errors. Is this true? Or should I be concerned about those error messages?

#1004 8 years ago

Had my TZ for 9 years, never had a clock error - so not a normal thing. I did however change my clock board out to the new version a few years ago just for reliability. They are relatively inexpensive, so you can always try that. Grab the game if you can, you won't regret it.

#1005 8 years ago

Mine tells me there is a gumball switch error but the gumball machine works as it should every time.

#1006 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Mine tells me there is a gumball switch error but the gumball machine works as it should every time.

Which switch? Exit? Entry? Popper?

#1007 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Hello, planning to buy a tz. A seller is telling me his tz is working fine, but sometimes he gets an error regarding the clock, although the clock works fine during play. He says he previously has another tz, behaving in the same way. So it looks like its a Tz thing to sometimes show those errors. Is this true? Or should I be concerned about those error messages?

Very common problem. The best thing to do is get a new clock board Ingo in Germany. His boards are easy to install and work well

#1008 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Which switch? Exit? Entry? Popper?

Says 55 gumball Geneva.

#1009 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Says 55 gumball Geneva.

Ah yes -
Then what's happening is that the game is compensating for it - instead of stopping the motor when the Geneva switch is activated, it's stopping when the Gumball Exit switch is activated.

I would get it fixed, as if your Gumball Exit switch misses a ball one time, or goes bad, then you'll get multiple balls out on your playfield unintentionally.

#1010 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Ah yes -
Then what's happening is that the game is compensating for it - instead of stopping the motor when the Geneva switch is activated, it's stopping when the Gumball Exit switch is activated.
I would get it fixed, as if your Gumball Exit switch misses a ball one time, or goes bad, then you'll get multiple balls out on your playfield unintentionally.

Thanks for that. Will get it sorted.

#1011 8 years ago

For the record - The "-SP" designation on plastics does NOT mean it's a "sample plastic". The -SP came from the printer of the plastics. (Sun printing, I think? I'm not 100% on the name.)

The only difference was artwork changed, and this did not constitute new part-numbers on the plastics.

#1012 8 years ago

Sun Process but I may be wrong as well Coyote!

#1013 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Sun Process but I may be wrong as well Coyote!

Ah! That rings a bell, yup! (I had to rant because of an auction I saw, and had to clarify for anyone considering purchase..)

#1014 8 years ago

Check out the red clock housing from Bay Area Amusements (brushed finish, not the EMS one) with the Ingo clock board and white face

20150713_142955.jpg20150713_142955.jpg

20150713_145145.jpg20150713_145145.jpg

#1015 8 years ago

Finally get to join the club as well!
Just picked up, a well traveled machine it seems. Needs loads of TLC but will end up a fun player.
White clock face, green lock insert, posts in pop bumpers
Australian pricing? Madrid sticker? and back home.
IMG_0144.JPGIMG_0144.JPG
IMG_0143.JPGIMG_0143.JPG
IMG_0145.JPGIMG_0145.JPG
IMG_0137.JPGIMG_0137.JPG

#1016 8 years ago

It was probably just in Spain and somebody played with the jumpers on CPU board.

#1017 8 years ago

Something I've not seen before is all 4 corners were drilled with 3 holes for leg bolts. In fact all mounting plates were 3 hole versions. Was that common on games?

#1018 8 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Something I've not seen before is all 4 corners were drilled with 3 holes for leg bolts. In fact all mounting plates were 3 hole versions. Was that common on games?

Not sure about other games, but TZs had this standard. The 3-hold plates aren't made anymore (that I know of?) so when I replaced mine I had to line the holes up with the new plates before screwing them in.

#1019 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Not sure about other games, but TZs had this standard. The 3-hold plates aren't made anymore (that I know of?) so when I replaced mine I had to line the holes up with the new plates before screwing them in.

good to know, Thanks. Same for me, had to replace one just now with a 2 hole plate and lined up with the bottom 2.

#1020 8 years ago

I printed and lasercut some stickers for my coindoor

Check it out:

01_IMG_2838.JPG01_IMG_2838.JPG

02_IMG_2839.JPG02_IMG_2839.JPG

03_IMG_2837.JPG03_IMG_2837.JPG

I have some left, if someone is interested (€7,50), please send me a PM:
60_IMG_2836.JPG60_IMG_2836.JPG

Sticker is 3 layers, white backing paper, white TZ letters and clear front film:

50_IMG_2840.JPG50_IMG_2840.JPG

Remove white backing paper:
20_remove_backing_paper.JPG20_remove_backing_paper.JPG

Apply to the coin door (or anywhere else):
30_apply_to_location.JPG30_apply_to_location.JPG

And remove the front film:
40_remove_front_film.JPG40_remove_front_film.JPG

#1021 8 years ago

I love my TZ but have been considering selling it for a Hobbit. However, after playing it I just feel like I can't sell it. The game just has so much going on it, is a blast to play, and is a beautiful pin.

#1022 8 years ago
Quoted from Invader:

I printed and lasercut some stickers for my coindoor

Are these available? That looks good.

#1023 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Are these available? That looks good.

Yes, I'll send you a PM

#1024 8 years ago

Hello,

Joined the club! So happy to finally get this legend!

A question for the experts: my TZ came with manuals and documentation(see pics). From their conditions, they really look (and smell) like 20+ years old, not reproductions or copies. Especially regarding the manual, I saw online that the cover should be red, while mine is white (carton cover, as a normal w/b manual). On the cover there is no logo or graphics, the date is february 1993 instead of april, and the code is 16-50020A-101 instead of 16-50020-101. The pin has an original white clock, but not a proto, so I am thinking this could be an early production one.

What you think?

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#1025 8 years ago

According to this page, you own a rare pre-production TZ manual!
http://pinballgold.com.br/?product=manual-twilight-zone-bally-raridade-16-50020a-101

#1026 8 years ago

but the link you posted shows a manual with the TZ logo and graphics and the date is april 1993, it's different from mine.

#1027 8 years ago

It's different, but your's might be one of the earliest "A" (Alpha) versions of the manual.

#1028 8 years ago

That's a sample manual, yes. Not all that rare, as hundreds went out before the April version was typesetted and printed and then put into games.

You will see some notable differences, though, including the 4 door flashers, and removed optos.

#1029 8 years ago

nice, thanks!

#1030 8 years ago

Cabinet getting ready!

IMG-20150721-WA0004.jpgIMG-20150721-WA0004.jpgIMG-20150721-WA0002.jpgIMG-20150721-WA0002.jpgIMG-20150721-WA0003.jpgIMG-20150721-WA0003.jpgIMG-20150721-WA0001.jpgIMG-20150721-WA0001.jpgIMG-20150721-WA0005.jpgIMG-20150721-WA0005.jpg

#1031 8 years ago

New decals?

#1032 8 years ago

Yep!

#1033 8 years ago

Like brand new!

#1034 8 years ago

And my brand new clock board from Ingo finally arrived!

#1035 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Like brand new!

I surely hope... You see, like you all I'm also seeing the machine only by photos... It is being restored in Sao Paulo, approximately 500 km from home!

#1036 8 years ago

hi, I checked my TZ software. It says revision L-5 and sound revision P-3. Are those revisions enough advanced? where to find the revisions list for TZ?

#1037 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

hi, I checked my TZ software. It says revision L-5 and sound revision P-3. Are those revisions enough advanced? where to find the revisions list for TZ?

I do think the latest game version is 9.4H for home use (free play). As for the sound rom P-3 would be the last.

Font: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2684

#1038 8 years ago

Question about the ball kickout after the ball is locked--I'm speaking of the ball lock just behind the clock in the upper right of the PF. Beneath the PF, is there supposed to be a spring wrapped around the coil plunger (as on, say, sling coils)? Mine has no such spring, so I'm wondering if other TZs have the spring and mine has just broken off. It's a gentle sideways kickout so maybe there is no spring, but my plunger is having some trouble retracting even after a cleaning, so I'm thinking of adding a spring. Could someone confirm that their TZ does or does not have the spring?

#1039 8 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Question about the ball kickout after the ball is locked--I'm speaking of the ball lock just behind the clock in the upper right of the PF. Beneath the PF, is there supposed to be a spring wrapped around the coil plunger (as on, say, sling coils)? Mine has no such spring, so I'm wondering if other TZs have the spring and mine has just broken off. It's a gentle sideways kickout so maybe there is no spring, but my plunger is having some trouble retracting even after a cleaning, so I'm thinking of adding a spring. Could someone confirm that their TZ does or does not have the spring?

Yes, there's a spring there. It's a very light one, but it's there none-the-less.

#1040 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yes, there's a spring there. It's a very light one, but it's there none-the-less.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll add one!

#1041 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I do think the latest game version is 9.4H for home use (free play). As for the sound rom P-3 would be the last.
Font: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2684

I cannot see L-5 in this list... ??
Also, the Romset list is in alphabetical order, so I cannot figure out how recent is my revision.

Any help?

#1042 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Also, the Romset list is in alphabetical order, so I cannot figure out how recent is my revision.
Any help?

Take a look at some ebay listings.... usually the chips for sale have the latest versions.

#1043 8 years ago

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/tech/roms/twilight.html
Has listing of the rom revisions. I see no mention of L-5 anywhere as an official release, odd
Mine is still on L-1 and about to put in 9.2 tonight

#1044 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Any help?

For the early ROMs, P was sample/prototype code, L was release code. Then the numbers - i.e. P-1, P-2, P-3, L-1, L-2, L-3, and so on.

Once TZ was moved over to the new version of the OS, they moved to the new numbering, 9.2, 9.4H..

My official notes don't have L-5 listed either. If you want, I can send you a version of your choosing, if you send me your chip - would like to grab a copy and see what (if anything) is changed in it. .. Of course, mailing time may be slow.

#1045 8 years ago

I am looking for a nice custom TZ shooter rod.... any tips?

#1046 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Any help?

If you just want to know how recent it is check here: http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=ROMS369

But there's no changelog entry for L-5, nowhere. Doesn't really matter as you'll want the latest home version with pause function and the LITZ-cheat anyway. You can run it on coins or free play. (http://www.actionpinball.com/tech/tz94h.php)

#1047 8 years ago

Thanks! It makes sense now. L-5 should be the latest version for location. Do you think its worthed taking the home revision or not?

#1048 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Thanks! I can see L-5 in this list. But what is a changelog entry? What do you mean?

Non c'e di che!

I mean the list where you can see what exactly was changed since the last version.

#1049 8 years ago

Tx again. Sorry, edited previous post. Ok, got it regarding the changelogs.

#1050 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Thanks! It makes sense now. L-5 should be the latest version for location. Do you think its worthed taking the home revision or not?

Actually, 9.2 is last on-location version.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.50
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 22.50
$ 12.95
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

There are 15,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.