Topic Stats

• 7,373 posts
  • 552 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Mikespinball
  • Topic is favorited by 287 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,913 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20170328_2341432531(1) (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 9.57.01 AM (resized).png
FJIMG_20190811_150319 (resized).jpg
TZ058 (resized).jpg
TZ057 (resized).jpg
TZ059 (resized).jpg
TZ056 (resized).jpg
TZ054 (resized).jpg
TZ055 (resized).jpg
TZ041 (resized).jpg
TZ040 (resized).jpg
TZ039 (resized).jpg
TZ029 (resized).jpg
TZ028 (resized).jpg
TZ022 (resized).jpg
TZ023 (resized).jpg

There are 7373 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 148.
#951 4 years ago

Weren't powerballs crazy money at one point in time (like $60?). I'll take my $27 one happily.

#952 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Pinball Life has them for $27. I think that was the cheapest, but they are on VAC now. I'm just going to clean and polish my old one.

Hey, thanks for the tip...., I still think it's expensive, but that's the best price I've seen so far..... I'll send an e-mail to Terry anyway!

#953 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Hey, thanks for the tip...., I still think it's expensive, but that's the best price I've seen so far..... I'll send an e-mail to Terry anyway!

Yep - closed untill June 22nd.

#954 4 years ago

Currently I have a black powder coated lock bar, but my side rails are shiny black.
I still have my old silver lockbar.
So I tried to put black shiny car wrap over my silver lock bar:

IMG_2477.JPG

Looks pretty cool

Gotta rewrap though, it pretty difficult to wrap around the corners.

#955 4 years ago

Hi,

I have a question for you guys: I had some issues with my CPU board (with service switches acting weird) and I cleaned everything deeply (I'm however considering a rottendog replacement).

But now, when the game is empty of any ball and I switch it on, and I put the balls in the drain, it does not load the gumball ! All the balls stay in the shooter and are never ejected to the playfield.

I noticed by the way that the coin door switch is not responsive anymore (the switch has been tested and works 100%).

Do you think the CPU board problem is the reason why the coin door switch does not work, and by consequence the game is not loading the ball into the gumball ?

Thanks.

Leo.

#956 4 years ago

The powerball stays in play, untill a player shoots it in the gumball machine again. So it doesn't "auto load" the powerball.
Did you check if all wires are OK to the coindoor board?
Maybe a wire is not doesn't make good contact in the IDC connector for example.

#957 4 years ago

Please apologize my previous post, it's not 100% explicit.
I am talking about the first boot, when all the balls (5 steel + 1 ceramic) are out of the game. When you switch the game on, you are supposed to put the 6 balls in the drain and automatically 3 of them will be loaded into the gumball.

Mine does not load any. All 6 balls stays in the drain, jammed because there is no room for the 6 of them

#958 4 years ago

Anyone have a spare lockdown bar they are willing to sell? The TZ I picked up recently has been welded. It looks and fits like crap.

#959 4 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Please apologize my previous post, it's not 100% explicit.
I am talking about the first boot, when all the balls (5 steel + 1 ceramic) are out of the game. When you switch the game on, you are supposed to put the 6 balls in the drain and automatically 3 of them will be loaded into the gumball.
Mine does not load any. All 6 balls stays in the drain, jammed because there is no room for the 6 of them

One of your trough switches is not working. Check ALL trough switches in Switch Test.

#960 4 years ago

I just installed rubber rings, which I purchased from Marcos. They sent the amount and type of rings that were called out in the manual. What I discovered is that, for my playfield, the amount of rings and the location specified in the manual was incorrect in several instances. I have attached a corrected page "2-56" of the manual, which includes the correct amount of rings, and corrected locations on the playfield.

I don't know if there are different production playfields out there, but this page was corrected for my playfield configuration.

TZ rubber rings.jpg

#961 4 years ago
Quoted from apc7654:

I just installed rubber rings, which I purchased from Marcos. They sent the amount and type of rings that were called out in the manual. What I discovered is that, for my playfield, the amount of rings and the location specified in the manual was incorrect in several instances. I have attached a corrected page "2-56" of the manual, which includes the correct amount of rings, and corrected locations on the playfield.
I don't know if there are different production playfields out there, but this page was corrected for my playfield configuration.
TZ rubber rings.jpg

Saved for future reference! Thanks!

#962 4 years ago

I'm old and have a horrible memory...

Does anyone know where I can download these TZ custom cards? I got them a few years back, but forgot where...

Thanks!

IMG_8209.jpg
#963 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I'm old and have a horrible memory...
Does anyone know where I can download these TZ custom cards? I got them a few years back, but forgot where...
Thanks!

IMG_8209.jpg

pinballrebel ?

#966 4 years ago

These are the best!

#967 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

These are the best!

Indeed, but very annoying to not have a search engine !

#968 4 years ago

I found these cards in "internet land" somewhere and I am very happy with how they turned out!

IMG_4137.JPG

#969 4 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Dude... about only 8 or 9 pages to navigate.... Awesome art and they're FREE!!!!

#970 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Just be careful with the Piano install- and be extra careful too when working in your game around the rocket, lest you break it off its perch and have to run for the superglue, or even the touch up paint.
The Piano I believe needs to be elevated a millimeter or so above the piano "swamp" hole, otherwise the ball will on occasion collide with the bottom lip of the piano, eating away at the finish very quickly. See above picture installed elevated above the two screws, the second directly on the bracket (seated too low, bottom edge damaged by balls from playfield). I wouldn't even worry about the supplied tape on the bottom of the piano, just leave it be and wedge it "high" like so.
Laretrotienda's pics showing recommended install position I believe are extremely hazardous to this mods condition and I've reached out to tell him so and discuss my proposed solution.
2015-04-08_00.00.03.jpg

I love laretrotienda's stuff, but they just don't hold up well in a pinball setting. He uses hobby resin and model paint. It's great for delicate model work, but not for getting smashed with pinballs.

#971 4 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

On sites that do not have a search engine or ones that really suck. I will use google with the "site" keyword.

ie:

twilight zone site:pinballcards.com

#972 4 years ago

I found the cards I was referring to!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-packed-up-and-on-its-way-to-minnesota/page/5#post-1994052

Of course it's from the best TZ restoration thread to date!

#973 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I found the cards I was referring to!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-packed-up-and-on-its-way-to-minnesota/page/5#post-1994052
Of course it's from the best TZ restoration thread to date!

Thx, someday I'll finish it with some after shots!

#974 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

On sites that do not have a search engine or ones that really suck. I will use google with the "site" keyword.
ie:
Twilight Zone site:pinballcards.com

Thanks for the tip ! I didnt know it !
And indeed these cards are awesome and free so can't really complain !

#975 4 years ago

I'm making good progress on my TZ rebuild! I should be done by this weekend!

image.jpg

#976 4 years ago

Are the pop LEDs supposed to be right up against the caps like that? I think they look better flush with the body. My red cap was positioned just fine, but my orange and yellow caps were bigger or something because the LEDs went all the way up like yours. I ended up using small #4 nylon spacers between the LEDs and the caps.

I'm having issues with my undercab LEDs (those cheap solderless connectors are a nightmare... never again) and Mantis slot scoop. The scoop is shooting the ball to the tip of the right flipper rather than the middle, making it very dangerous. I can't adjust it any further, I have to drill new holes. Looks like I'm not the only one who's had this issue in the past.

#977 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I'm making good progress on my TZ rebuild! I should be done by this weekend!
image.jpg

Curious about the red Greed targets? And the square one?
For looks or was that just what was on hand?

#978 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Curious about the red Greed targets? And the square one?
For looks or was that just what was on hand?

I figured it was by choice. The left lane guide is red, the outlane posts were swapped with red ones, the slot target is blue, plus all the colored posts. Lots of changes!

#979 4 years ago

Got my hands on an Invader figure.
It was in bad shape, no more gold but almost totally green.
But now restored in nice gold color, also put a blue LED in his weapon, put it on a clear plexi sheet and put a white LED strip behind it (so the edges light up).
Very happy with my topper

IMG_2532.JPG IMG_2533.JPG IMG_2534.JPG
#980 4 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I figured it was by choice. The left lane guide is red, the outlane posts were swapped with red ones, the slot target is blue, plus all the colored posts. Lots of changes!

Correct! I was never a fan of the yellow targets and such. So, this time I went crazy with my modifications. My TZ will have a darker look to it when finished. I used red star posts and red lane guide on the lower playfield, but will use dark blue star posts on the mini playfield. Moire to come!

#981 4 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Are the pop LEDs supposed to be right up against the caps like that? I think they look better flush with the body. My red cap was positioned just fine, but my orange and yellow caps were bigger or something because the LEDs went all the way up like yours. I ended up using small #4 nylon spacers between the LEDs and the caps.
I'm having issues with my undercab LEDs (those cheap solderless connectors are a nightmare... never again) and Mantis slot scoop. The scoop is shooting the ball to the tip of the right flipper rather than the middle, making it very dangerous. I can't adjust it any further, I have to drill new holes. Looks like I'm not the only one who's had this issue in the past.

I thought they were supposed to lay flush with the top of the bumper cap. I'll have to play around with it...

#982 4 years ago

I completed my TZ rebuild this evening. 100% LEDs, but it was done in a way that does not overpower the view of the game. I'm really happy with this beauty! I went against doing it as originally designed. I wanted a more darker look to it.

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

image.jpg
image-535.jpg

#983 4 years ago

I am doing a PF swap on my TZ. I just got a Kruzman cleared PF. I am wondering if someone can recommend a rubber set for the game? I know they make clear rubber now as opposed to white or black. Would this be a good option for my TZ?

Also can anyone recommend an LED set? I have used non ghosting LED's from Cointakers in the past. I want some tasteful, not too bright LED's for the GI. Any thoughts on LED OCD? Is it worth it?

Thanks. This is a great thread.

#984 4 years ago

I can recommend NoFlix LEDs from pinballcenter. Got no ghosting or flickering, so no LED OCD needed

#985 4 years ago
Quoted from Invader:

so no LED OCD needed

I don't think you understand the primary benefit of LED OCD, which is to fade the bulbs in and out. Eliminating flickering and ghosting is a side effect, IMHO.

#986 4 years ago

I finally finished my TZ today after about 3 months of work into it! I don't have much unique about it to show off except this fancy jasper shooter rod I got from from Pinsnob. I'm sick of looking at it for now, so I'm off to play some location pinball tonight

// Error: Image 418905 not found //

Also to add to the above discussion, putting an LED OCD in my games is the closest I have ever come to true happiness. Best mod on the planet.

#987 4 years ago

Picked up a nice TZ that has been in a basement since "early 90's" from the owner and I believe it! I have missed TZ ever since I sold my old one. Pictures are before cleaning it up!

IMG_1307.JPG
IMG_1308.JPG
IMG_1309.JPG
IMG_1310.JPG
IMG_1311.JPG
IMG_1312.JPG
IMG_1313.JPG
IMG_1314.JPG
IMG_1315.JPG
IMG_1318.JPG
IMG_1317.JPG
IMG_1320.JPG
IMG_1321.JPG

#988 4 years ago

Wow--great find! Congrats!

#989 4 years ago

Installed my ColorDMD yesterday and it looks incredible with the white display!

IMG_4172.jpg

#990 4 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Picked up a nice TZ that has been in a basement since "early 90's" from the owner and I believe it! I have missed TZ ever since I sold my old one. Pictures are before cleaning it up!
IMG_1307.JPG
IMG_1308.JPG
IMG_1309.JPG
IMG_1310.JPG
IMG_1311.JPG
IMG_1312.JPG
IMG_1313.JPG
IMG_1314.JPG
IMG_1315.JPG
IMG_1318.JPG
IMG_1317.JPG
IMG_1320.JPG
IMG_1321.JPG

Very nice reminds me of mine that was found in a basement basically un played for 20 years. All original paperwork and goodie bag and the cleanest cabinet of any 90s pin ive ever seen. Nice find mines never leaving bc its so nice

#991 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Installed my ColorDMD yesterday and it looks incredible with the white display!
IMG_4172.jpg

Agreed have had mine for 6 months love it

#992 4 years ago

I finally got a chance to install my TZ topper. I have had this for a few years, but was too lazy to install it. It looks fantastic!

IMG_4189.jpg

#993 4 years ago

My restored PF arrived today!!!

SAM_1414_1843x1382.jpgSAM_1412_1843x1382.jpgSAM_1411_1843x1382.jpgSAM_1410_1843x1382.jpgSAM_1408_1843x1382.jpgSAM_1407_1843x1382.jpg

#994 4 years ago

Nice! Who did yours?

It's still odd to me to see the 'proper' colors on the ramp. I'm so used to mine -
colors.jpg

#995 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Nice! Who did yours?
It's still odd to me to see the 'proper' colors on the ramp. I'm so used to mine -
colors.jpg

You'll have to send yours to São Paulo - Brazil!

The artist who does those PF restorations is the same guy who used to paint Ayrton Senna's helmets!!!

He also restored my TAF and TotAN PFs!

#996 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

My restored PF arrived today!!!

Oooh! Shiny!

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

You'll have to send yours to São Paulo - Brazil!
The artist who does those PF restorations is the same guy who used to paint Ayrton Senna's helmets!!!
He also restored my TAF and TotAN PFs!

Mine's already being worked on by Chris. Was wondering who you had down there in Brazil that did restorations! Nice!

1 week later
#998 4 years ago
Quoted from Invader:

Finished, now I can finally play
I only have to fix a topper to make it complete
And fix my Ingo clock board problem (Ingo, please check your mail, send you couple of e-mails with no reply yet).

IMG_2452.JPG

I'm also trying to contact Ingo.... did anyone hear from him lately?

#999 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'm also trying to contact Ingo.... did anyone hear from him lately?

Please read your PM my friend ....

#1000 4 years ago

I haven't got a reply yet also. Ingo, could you please also check my mail / PM? Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Kinnelon, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 7373 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 148.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside