Topic Stats

• 7,587 posts
  • 567 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by pinhead_jack
  • Topic is favorited by 302 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,960 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2019-10-09 17.40.58 (resized).jpg
2019-10-09 23.59.41 (resized).jpg
2019-10-09 23.59.58 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20191007_131432 (resized).jpg
20191007_201008 (resized).jpg
20191007_212759 (resized).jpg
20191007_213015 (resized).jpg
20191007_213333 (resized).jpg
20191007_213353 (resized).jpg
20191007_213750 (resized).jpg
20191007_113745 (resized).jpg
E58CD0A1-A5A8-467C-9E2F-F1B03AACFC98 (resized).jpeg
70EF13C6-D9AA-43DD-B22C-8FFCD84F11C3 (resized).jpeg
D885BB14-EC3D-43DC-9FDB-94B9CF53A0B8 (resized).jpeg
20191004_193643 (resized).jpg

There are 7587 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 152.
#51 6 years ago

#52 6 years ago

some pics of mine

photo1.JPG photo2.JPG photo3.JPG

#53 6 years ago

More

photo4.JPG photo5.JPG photo6.JPG

#54 6 years ago

More

photo7.JPG photo8.JPG photo9.JPG

#55 6 years ago

Wow, those mods are NUTS! Does it get in the way of your ability to see the ball? Added ball traps? I have to say I admire the TV with the video inside of it. Very cool.

#56 6 years ago

Mods don't get in the way at all. Can still see the ball clearly, or as clearly as you can see black pearl balls

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm ashamed to show mine because it has too many mods and I don't like them anymore

You can always sell some of them. I'm sure there would be some buyers here.

#58 6 years ago

pauloz....looks great!!!!...modded massively!!!!

#59 6 years ago

Caucasian2Step...yeah the stools and mat are kind of crazy....but a "must have" when I saw them...I set them aside when I play.....never said I was the smartest modder, but mod I shall....ha

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

pauloz....looks great!!!!...modded massively!!!!

Thanks. It gets lots of good comment from people who see and play it.

#61 6 years ago

Currently waxing my TZ. I'll have to post pics when I get it back together.

This Old Pinball part 3 has proven to be a highly valuable asset.

4 weeks later
#62 5 years ago

Bought my first pin earlier this year and I'm happy to say it was a TZ. Only had room for one pin, so I figured I better get something that would have a lot of replay value.

#63 5 years ago

I have never owned a tz, but love playing it on pinball arcade (i know its not the same, but it is fun). How is maintenance/upkeep? Seems like this game is extremely packed with features and the under pf would have to be a nightmare to upkeep.

#64 5 years ago

This is rundown on mine. Its a sample game.
Mods tz lamp shad
Gumball light kit
Gumballs actually old marbles
Slot machine
Rob the robot
Led clock board
Piano
Divert mag
Home roms with the 3rd mag working
Mirror blades
And tv

#65 5 years ago

Pics

20131020_180433.jpg 20131020_180356.jpg
#66 5 years ago

In the process of completing mine (modding) here is some interactive lighting I created.

#67 5 years ago

Is it just me or does it seem that everyone has their coloured bumper caps on differently?
I bought my TZ from a container and put 50 hours into shopping it and tried to reference the correct order for the bumper caps. They're all different everywhere!
Right now I have red (top left), Yellow (top right) and orange at the bottom.
The mods I've added -
gumballs and gumball flasher
complete LED's
LED Back box door flasher
back board decal
piano
reinforced slot target
pin-gulp

Still need to work on straightening out my diverter and optos going in and out of the upper playfield and right ramp don't work. Swapped out the opto board with a friend and still zilch...must be in the wiring somewhere

#68 5 years ago

Got to lost in the zone for the first time on my new one the other day. Have done it heaps on the old one but I think this one is harder.

#69 5 years ago

Had one of the best games in ages. Closing in on 1 billion, nailing jackpots left and right, 1 door away from LITZ with an extra ball in hand. Then it can't find a ball. Had to carefully grab one out of the gumball machine and put it in play. Then the right flipper got stuck up and would take 10 seconds to fully drop down which made it real difficult. Frustrating way to finish out.

I still have to work on the slot machine on mine. Still kicking the ball too far to the left and get too many going SDTM. Which brings up a question. I notice it shoots SDTM after balls come out of the slot machine in close succession. Would the coil need to recharge or something? Is that a sign of something in there being off?

#70 5 years ago

IMG_2850[1].JPGWhat do you think about how I fed my Gumball Machine?

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from seiman:

What do you think about how I fed my Gumball Machine?

IMG_2850[1].JPG 2 MB

do you have blue leds in your gumball machine?

#72 5 years ago

Card carrying here...

Getting ready to tear her down with some mods in hand and some still in the mail.

PF, Cabinet are in great shape
LED's through out
Ingo Clock mod
Blue Clear Clock housing
Pinbits Gumballs and Gumball light
New slot scoop with reinforced target
No broken plastics
Plastic Protectors
Playfield backboard decal
Mirror Blades
cab protectors
spot light on mini playfield
spot light on backboard decal
9H rom

Still need to get a few more things but she is coming along

#73 5 years ago

No i set a blue led behind the gumball machine, but i fed the machine with real steel balls...

#74 5 years ago

Ordered this guy for something else, but decided to just stick him here..

photo.JPG
#75 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I have never owned a tz, but love playing it on pinball arcade (i know its not the same, but it is fun). How is maintenance/upkeep? Seems like this game is extremely packed with features and the under pf would have to be a nightmare to upkeep.

No different than any other pin.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from seiman:

IMG_2850[1].JPG 2 MB

Not my taste. But its your machine.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from seiman:

IMG_2850[1].JPG 2 MB

Nice touch! I was preparing to do exactly the same thing!
The steel balls are more in-line with the back-glass art. There are no colored gumballs featured in any of the playfield or back-glass art so far as I can tell (save for the "loose" gumballs depicted on the gumball's plastic apron/ escutcheon). Good eye!
I especially like the icy blue tint you've given the feature. Once again, in keeping with the back-glass art and that overall "icy", cold, appearance - looks great.
Well done in keeping true to the depicted art.

Will post mine after I finish getting everything squared away. I've got a new gumball diverter and pcb setup constructed to replace the OEM part. Now, just bread-boarding different colors / color temp leds to find that perfect effect.

#78 5 years ago

This thread is already epic because I thought there was no fix to the slot machine target, as I have never seen an unbent one.

Now I now you can replace it with a reinforced target. Sweet.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

It's not as bad as I initially thought. Under the playfield it's no different from any other machine in terms of complexity. There's just more stuff. The most complex piece is probably the clock, but it doesn't take a genius to fix and reassemble it.

Quoted from Tkaye:

Is it just me or does it seem that everyone has their coloured bumper caps on differently?
I bought my TZ from a container and put 50 hours into shopping it and tried to reference the correct order for the bumper caps. They're all different everywhere!
Right now I have red (top left), Yellow (top right) and orange at the bottom.

Look at the lightning bolt inserts on the mini-playfield. Notice how the top-left is red, top-right is orange, and the bottom is yellow. This matches the correct order for the bumper caps. Took me a while to notice this little tidbit myself.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

This thread is already epic because I thought there was no fix to the slot machine target, as I have never seen an unbent one.

the reinforcement I used is this. Its a new scoop assembly with a metal piece that holds that target.

http://www.mantisamusements.com/tzscoop.htm

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Those targets are available from here:
http://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm#pbre

I recommend further enhancement of these targets. After installation of the slot target, the nuts began to vibrate off of the back side. Just add a castellated washer under the nut and a shot of loc-tite to prevent loosening. I caught the problem just in the nick of time.

I also see complaints regarding the slot machine kickout.
The original weldment tabs have a tendency to break and you cannot see this break without prying the slot scoop with your fingers and checking the tabs for damage. If broken, simply take the scoop to a professional welder who specializes in stainless steel (restaurant equipment suppliers are a good resource for recommendations). I paid $40 USD for the repairs - I had them place three 1/4" welds per side on the scoop. You might get a better deal but these guys did a perfect job for the price. After repair, the ball hits the right flipper - every time without deviation.

#82 5 years ago

Came home today and fired TZ up and my diverter malfunctioned during play. The bracket came undone from the bottom of the PF, and it looks like the bolts have sheared off that hold the coil bracket onto the playfield. Does anyone know how it is supposed to attach? e.g. was it screws from the bottom of the PF, or was it a bolt from the top of the PF originating under the ramp? I'm guessing they are screws that I will have to extract.

I'm the new owner so I haven't been through this thing yet to learn how it is all put together.

picture037.jpg
#83 5 years ago

I love my TZ. Have a few mods and I will post pics at a later point. I have the following mods: piano, Robby, lit slot machine with working dials, light over power playfield, and gumballs.

#84 5 years ago

I just redid the LEDs in mine yesterday. I always found the game to be very dark and difficult to play in low light. I added a couple spotlights, and tweaked the LEDs around the flippers. I'm very happy with the results. It can now be comfortably played in total darkness.

TZ #1.JPG TZ #2.JPG TZ #3.JPG TZ #4.JPG TZ #5.JPG TZ #6.JPG
#85 5 years ago

Man, this thread rocks!!!....thanks JoJoBear.....had my pop bumpers backwards...a free upgrade!!!

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man, this thread rocks!!!....thanks JoJoBear.....had my pop bumpers backwards...a free upgrade!!!

A lot of people have them wrong. They were wrong on my game when I got it. The key is that when you hit the red skill shot, the red pop bumper should light. When you hit the orange skill shot, both the red and orange should light.

#87 5 years ago

gweempose.....nice spot adds....now you must add lighted star posts to the miniplayfield , you must.....image-503.jpgimage-570.jpgimage-172.jpg

#88 5 years ago

First pic had the white star posts blasting in flash mode....

#89 5 years ago

Wow. This bumper cap gossip is gold.
I never really paid much attention to them but I can't wait to get home and see if mine are correct.
And while we are on slot scoops. Mine had come unwelded. I ordered a new scoop but the new one throws the ball at the tip of the left flipper, which is annoying as my broken one always placed it in the center.
I have tried bending the top tab down a bit to help, but it really has not helped much.
It would be nice if the scoop had room to tweak left and right but that baby is in there very tight.
Maybe I will get my old scoop re-welded and see if it works better.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

First pic had the white star posts blasting in flash mode....

I have four lighted star post that I purchased last March at the TPF.
I am waiting until I do a tear down to install them.
I was planning on putting one or two on the post under the mini playfield to help light underneath.
But now I will probably buy a couple more and hook them to the flashers like you did up top.
Do you have a photo or remember which flasher you hooked into?

#91 5 years ago

Arcade....I actually grabbed the center "lamp" flasher on the miniplayfield ....I used the clear undercover when I rebuilt mine...really helped light up underneath......modified the Cliffy to fit my camera mod and the GLM's, and be able to make micro tilt adjustment on the board......a HUGE pain in the ass (Lloyd talked me off the cliff a couple of times...fried some optos) but worth it in the end for me....

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

....now you must add lighted star posts to the miniplayfield , you must.....

Those look great! I actually have a new mini playfield that I haven't gotten around to installing yet. My original one has some planking. I'm definitely gonna install star post lights when I swap it out.

#93 5 years ago

Where did you get the lighted star posts from?

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Where did you get the lighted star posts from?

Got mine from these people. No shipping and only $10 each at the Texas Show.
http://www.pinballdecals.com/LightedStarPostsPage.html

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Arcade....I actually grabbed the center "lamp" flasher on the miniplayfield ....I used the clear undercover when I rebuilt mine...really helped light up underneath......modified the Cliffy to fit my camera mod and the GLM's, and be able to make micro tilt adjustment on the board......a HUGE pain in the ass (Lloyd talked me off the cliff a couple of times...fried some optos) but worth it in the end for me....

Awesome. Was not aware of a clear undercover. Any links to this product?
It has been a long time since I was under the mini playfield. Just has cardboard under there currently, right?

#96 5 years ago

I used cointaker for mine, but that's Joeys (PDI) lamp, and lighted backboard......

#97 5 years ago

Thanks.

That's going to have to be my next mod on the powerfield.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Was not aware of a clear undercover. Any links to this product?

I think he is referring to this.
http://home.myfairpoint.net/vze8f4tt/tomstwilightzonepinballmachineaccessories/id53.html

I picked mine up years ago but, can't remember who from. You could just pick up a sheet of Lexan and cut your own pretty easily.

#99 5 years ago

Yep,...just crappy cardboard....I'll have to dig up the link where I got mine.....fellow Pinsider gave it to me awhile back....be ready for massive profanities spoken on your part when you dig into this.....finally got good at it, after I took the damn thing out about a dozen times......mark

#100 5 years ago

Ouch. $25 for clear lexan. Yikes.
I think I will stick with the already purchased Star Post lights and maybe look at cutting a hole or two in the existing cardboard to let in a bit of light..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 7587 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 152.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside