IMG_6425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240406_221516459 (resized).jpg
IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,224 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 305.
#9751 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me if the pinsounds are worth it. Do they improve the sound quality big time? Am I able to easily return to the original games sounds and music?

What are the best sound mixes out there.

Thanks

#9752 3 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Can anyone tell me if the pinsounds are worth it. Do they improve the sound quality big time? Am I able to easily return to the original games sounds and music?
Thanks

I have it in most all of my machines...easy to change between audio packages , but rarely do

#9753 3 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Thanks

I had put Pinsound in a few games (BSD, Getaway, and LOTR) to try them out. Eventually I took them all out. My favorite spot was BSD. However the thing that made me not like it was the replacement sounds that were supposed to be stock were not. They were missing things like the super jackpot fanfare in Getaway. And just missing certain sounds that you expect to hear. I realize I could have put in the effort to get those sounds in there, but my friends that played my games didn’t like the sounds, and I ended up putting the stock boards back in. So he sound was better, but the missing parts were so frustrating that I didn’t like them in there, so yanked. I still have one, but I keep it around in case I have a sound board fail, I’ve never even been tempted to put it in TZ.

#9754 3 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I have a TZ spiral ramp I am thinking of selling. This was a mod that was made in limited production. Let me know if any inter st.
Mike

How much? Might be interested for the right price. Honestly have no idea how much these run.

#9755 3 years ago

I’m finally making some improvements to my TZ. This garbage came out of the GI and was replaced with premium warm white bulbs. Just that simple change was a huge difference for playability. I can finally see the ball, and lost a huge amount of the flicker that it had.

409F0CC9-3D00-494C-AD1B-A8C16D7A06AD (resized).jpeg409F0CC9-3D00-494C-AD1B-A8C16D7A06AD (resized).jpeg

#9756 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’m finally making some improvements to my TZ. This garbage came out of the GI and was replaced with premium warm white bulbs. Just that simple change was a huge difference for playability. I can finally see the ball, and lost a huge amount of the flicker that it had.
[quoted image]

854E38C5-B393-416D-940F-1A3AC0A895C6.gif854E38C5-B393-416D-940F-1A3AC0A895C6.gif
#9757 3 years ago
crop (resized).jpegcrop (resized).jpeg
#9758 3 years ago

Any good places to get some wide body invisiglass or just regular glass?

Just trying to get her right, this is my new baby.

#9759 3 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Any good places to get some wide body invisiglass or just regular glass?
Just trying to get her right, this is my new baby.

it seems cointaker has the best price...shipping was only 30.00 for me...

#9760 3 years ago

I am to used to how the original looks. So, I decided to sell it for what I paid for it. It is sold.

Mike

Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

Why ya selling after just purchasing ?

#9761 3 years ago

hey guys is there a way of stopping or slowing down the rebound from the slot machine target
I have replaced the old bent and battered target with a new re-enforced target it has reduced the number of air balls but im still getting rebounds that i cant even see with the naked eye
Also rebounds are hitting the glass and in some cases are hitting the outlane backboards and straight out its pretty vicious
cheers
Stef

#9762 3 years ago
Quoted from Matrixnetuk:

hey guys is there a way of stopping or slowing down the rebound from the slot machine target
I have replaced the old bent and battered target with a new re-enforced target it has reduced the number of air balls but im still getting rebounds that i cant even see with the naked eye
Also rebounds are hitting the glass and in some cases are hitting the outlane backboards and straight out its pretty vicious
cheers
Stef

Do you have the correct coils in for the flippers? Is the game at a decent pitch? I have some good bouncebacks, but nothing like that.

#9763 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Do you have the correct coils in for the flippers? Is the game at a decent pitch? I have some good bouncebacks, but nothing like that.

I shall check the coils but im pretty sure they are the right ones ..i have recently fitted competition rubbers to the flippers and all posts plus given the table a good clean and wax so that may be contributing to the increase in speed :-/

#9764 3 years ago
Quoted from Matrixnetuk:

cheers
Stef

You can bend the target forward a bit or do this. Works for me.

55EE5B35-D89E-4BA8-8786-F7C658AD9B60 (resized).jpeg55EE5B35-D89E-4BA8-8786-F7C658AD9B60 (resized).jpeg
#9765 3 years ago

Little update: finally received my Ingo Clock board upgrade and i’m not disapointed.
The quality is impressive. Much better than the clock boards i used before.
Also, the rainbow effect looks insane with colour changing LEDs: i feel it perfectly match with the Twilight Zone (as i also have colour changing LED for the question mark insert, inside the gumball machine, and with the door behind Rod Serling on the backglass)

4F3500F5-4518-41B4-A515-35AC7C4948D2 (resized).jpeg4F3500F5-4518-41B4-A515-35AC7C4948D2 (resized).jpeg

#9766 3 years ago

In test my "clock is broken".
It took a while to repair the test buttons.
Now that i have access to test, the clock does turn in all of the modes. I suspect i am supposed to look at the matrix on dmd and see changes?

#9767 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

In test my "clock is broken".
It took a while to repair the test buttons.
Now that i have access to test, the clock does turn in all of the modes. I suspect i am supposed to look at the matrix on dmd and see changes?

It should beep as it passes thru each of the four optos

#9768 3 years ago

Thanks.
I do not recall any sounds at all except plastic on plastic gear noise.

#9769 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Thanks.

It sounds way louder with the glass off, that's probably normal, but on clock test mode, it should indicate on the display and audibly every time an opto beam is triggered. Make sure the connectors are all properly seated.

#9770 3 years ago

Thanks.
I will check out the connections.

#9771 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Thanks.

There is a lube for those gears...made a huge difference on my machine

#9772 3 years ago

Is it available at marco?

#9773 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Is it available at marco?

Do a search on this thread...its some type of synthetic lube...cant recall the name at the moment

#9774 3 years ago

This is what you need to pack the gearbox
superlube (resized).jpegsuperlube (resized).jpeg

#9775 3 years ago

pack might be the wrong term here

Quoted from ramegoom:

This is what you need to pack the gearbox
[quoted image]

#9776 3 years ago

This is the stuff for plastic gears, such as clock gears https://www.amazon.com/Corning-Molykote-Synthetic-Lubricant-Container/dp/B00B51C76I I use super lube on everything else.
71QrStns1bL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg71QrStns1bL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#9777 3 years ago

Speaking of seated connectors to plug in J1 and J2 underneath the clock case: do you guys know if i can buy these connector cables somewhere?
Mine are malfunctionning and i’d like to eventually replace them...

#9778 3 years ago

I have the superlube already.

#9779 3 years ago
Quoted from ParisPinballAdct:

Speaking of seated connectors to plug in J1 and J2 underneath the clock case: do you guys know if i can buy these connector cables somewhere?
Mine are malfunctionning and i’d like to eventually replace them...

I just made my own, sadly.

#9780 3 years ago

I pulled the face cover off the clock, cleaned exposed optos and got 15 min and 30 min tones in test.
Nothing from 45 min or hour.
I pulled it all apart. Looks like things got pretty hot one day
Is there a way to test optos out of the machine?
What is the correct bulb for these?

1F64711F-540A-4B0D-9F01-1F4B35EBE8D6 (resized).jpeg1F64711F-540A-4B0D-9F01-1F4B35EBE8D6 (resized).jpeg2C49B87A-0BCC-4DEB-8A0E-06E6BB31B844 (resized).jpeg2C49B87A-0BCC-4DEB-8A0E-06E6BB31B844 (resized).jpeg
#9781 3 years ago

yzfguy : i did some looking back. You ordered a Caspers Clock Board.
How do you like it?

I prefer to repair things like this but it looks like finding correct parts are only half the battle. The design itself makes it problematic.

#9782 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

How do you like it?
I prefer to repair things like this but it looks like finding correct parts are only half the battle. The design itself makes it problematic.

I ordered a Caspers clock board and I have no issues with it. Works great every time I turn on my machine. I tried the rottendog clock first and never got it to work consistently.

#9783 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I ordered a Caspers clock board and I have no issues with it. Works great every time I turn on my machine. I tried the rottendog clock first and never got it to work consistently.

Awesome. Just getting ready for my pinball life order and glad i saw this post. Caspers seems readily available there, no RGB lights, but the design looks solid.

Mat

#9784 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

How do you like it?

I like it. I really wanted ingo's with color changing LEDs but after paying and waiting 7 months and he still wasn't able to ship, I figured I'd better get something in before I trade the game away without ever fixing it
The Casper's board works and looks fine, no complaints. And I got it in like two days.

#9786 3 years ago

Never seen that, I like how everything is socketed.

#9787 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Never seen that, I like how everything is socketed.

Agreed.

#9788 3 years ago

Placing order for caspers from pbl tomorrow.
Thanks

#9789 3 years ago
Quoted from Mickpat:

This older post describes the problem I am seeing, but doesn't list a solution:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-gumball-took-my-ball-amp-won-t-give-it-back#post-4963979
I noticed my gumball machine does not have the diverter installed so I think instead of the ball dropping, the balls just rotate. The gumball shot works most of the time, but when it doesn't, the gumball doesn't release a ball and goes into ball finder mode and never recovers. I have to use the test mode to empty balls and reload them. I ordered a diverter and will see if this helps.

I installed the plastic diverter into the gumball and I haven't had any issues since then.

#9790 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

I pulled the face cover off the clock, cleaned exposed optos and got 15 min and 30 min tones in test.
Nothing from 45 min or hour.
I pulled it all apart. Looks like things got pretty hot one day
Is there a way to test optos out of the machine?
What is the correct bulb for these?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't see why you cannot put the clock back together without the hands and face to test. That's one of the problems with the old boards. Those four bulbs do a good job heating up that small area. Optos just go bad over time. I imagine you could replace the optos and fix the board but I would just replace it. Replacement bulbs are around. Quick google search found these:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-0086

#9791 3 years ago

Yes, i agree.
I normally would repair something like this but parts are hard to find and it is designed to fail.
So, rather than stress and go to all of that trouble, i am ordering the replacement after work.

#9792 3 years ago

Yes I have one in my machine.
It works really well and you get 4 lamps in 6 different colors with the clock board itself.
The only negative is that I think they shine a little too bright.

#9793 3 years ago

Hi all.....I'm officially part of the club. Just picked up a TZ the other day. You'll see I'm in the middle of finishing my basement....great time to fill it up with more machines!! haha. Real nice machine that has pin stadiums and incandescent bulbs throughout. I think I like the look of the incandescent bulbs on this machine but every other machine I have switched to LED. Any thoughts on if I should swap any to LEDs that would be much better for the longevity of the machine? (Less heat, reduction in amp draw, etc.).

IMG_6371 (resized).JPGIMG_6371 (resized).JPG
#9794 3 years ago

Completed a full pf teardown and it is looking great! Still waiting on some decals from the other side of the pond, and will have to order warm white leds for the spotlights. Man it was dirty, cleaned up nicely

20210212_214624_HDR (resized).jpg20210212_214624_HDR (resized).jpg

#9795 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Hi all.....I'm officially part of the club. Just picked up a TZ the other day. You'll see I'm in the middle of finishing my basement....great time to fill it up with more machines!! haha. Real nice machine that has pin stadiums and incandescent bulbs throughout. I think I like the look of the incandescent bulbs on this machine but every other machine I have switched to LED. Any thoughts on if I should swap any to LEDs that would be much better for the longevity of the machine? (Less heat, reduction in amp draw, etc.). [quoted image]

It has pinstadium but incandescent bulbs? Strange mix. Hope the pinstadiums have their own power supply. I'm a big fan of leds. If you go with warm white and ocd boards, it will look stock and have all the benefits of leds - less power, less heat, more brightness, etc. Only downside is added cost.

#9796 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Hi all.....I'm officially part of the club. Just picked up a TZ the other day. You'll see I'm in the middle of finishing my basement....great time to fill it up with more machines!! haha. Real nice machine that has pin stadiums and incandescent bulbs throughout. I think I like the look of the incandescent bulbs on this machine but every other machine I have switched to LED. Any thoughts on if I should swap any to LEDs that would be much better for the longevity of the machine? (Less heat, reduction in amp draw, etc.). [quoted image]

Definitely recommend LEDs (I used cool white in my TZ), but for the fading effects you will need the OCD GI board and also OCD LED board. Pricey, but machine will look great and draw less current and create less heat.

#9797 3 years ago

Anyone have for sale the shooter lane plastic and the plastic after the diverter rod..next to the gumball?

Looks like a complete plastic set is sold out, and I have been buying a few other pieces here and there. I can find both of these at separate stores but shipping is a fortune.

If you have these to sale or a complete plastic set, please send me a note.

#9798 3 years ago

The pin stadium does have its own power supply. OK....I think I'm sold.....I'm going to make the switch to LEDs soon.....and definitely use the OCD boards. I have them in my TSPP.

#9799 3 years ago

I recently purchased a TZ and overall the game plays pretty great, but the more games I've put in the more often I've had an issue come up with the ball getting hung up in the piano trough. Every time it gets stuck its just resting on the inside right hand side of the trough and I have to take the glass down and nudge it into the hole (the game can't find it otherwise). It's tough to get a pic of but I did my best to capture what's going on. Still, I have no idea how to correct this issue, any thoughts?!

IMG_2091 (resized).jpgIMG_2091 (resized).jpg
#9800 3 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I recently purchased a TZ and overall the game plays pretty great, but the more games I've put in the more often I've had an issue come up with the ball getting hung up in the piano trough. Every time it gets stuck its just resting on the inside right hand side of the trough and I have to take the glass down and nudge it into the hole (the game can't find it otherwise). It's tough to get a pic of but I did my best to capture what's going on. Still, I have no idea how to correct this issue, any thoughts?!
[quoted image]

If there isn't some sort of debris hanging the ball up in that area, my guess is your balls are magnetized. Replace them and see if the problem goes away. Also make sure your are side to side level and the pitch is correct.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 132.00
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.50
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
$ 12.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 22.50
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,224 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/196?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.