IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 305.
#9701 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Was the 8" strip clear or frosted.
I think that is the perfect amount of light back there. No dimmer needed.
Is that a strip from Comet?

It's a comet strip, and it's clear, I'm just not 100% of it's 6 or 8 but you could always cover a little bit if you wanted.

#9702 3 years ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

I have been diving into the forums and it seems like there are bunch of issues with the clock. I am going to tear it apart and check the optos inside and if that doesn't work then order the German board.

I know there is a replacement board and I a, sure it is more reliable. I was able to replace the opto’s on mine and I reflowed the components and it now works.

The bulbs in the original I believe would create a heat issue and cause the old o’clock to malfunction.

#9703 3 years ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

I thought this was interesting. TZ is both the most owned (by a large margin) and most wished for.[quoted image]

You would think the most owned and most wished for game would by default be the #1 game.

#9704 3 years ago

I put two 10” strips on my backboard, red on one side blue on the other. The camera is overexposing the leds, it’s not washed out in person. To me, the spiral decal is the best look for the backboard.

0A41B083-925D-4EBC-B048-C3DE9D2E8DFA (resized).jpeg0A41B083-925D-4EBC-B048-C3DE9D2E8DFA (resized).jpeg
#9705 3 years ago

I had a blue led strip lighting the back up, while it was great at lighting the area up it really annoyed me seeing the leds reflection on the playfield between the upper flipper and piano. I unplugged it the other week and it’s really dark up there now but I’m waiting on the lcd mod for the back panel which should add enough light.
I guess if it was angled back the reflection might not be seen on the playfield.

#9706 3 years ago
Quoted from ParisPinballAdct:

Good luck with that, I did order my Ingo board 6 weeks ago and still nothing in the post. (for the record I live in France and from Germany it should be a 4-days DHL shipment).
Been trying to get some updates from Ingo but no replies since more than two weeks now and all i have is a wrong DHL tracking number meaning I can't even follow up online to see where the shipment is.
The thing that bugs me is that I haven't received any email confirmation of my purchase after paying through Paypal. this purchase has been very blurry.
I had to send Ingo 4 emails (no replies) and eventually found them on Pinside to finally have a reply through PM that my order had been received weeks ago. As I write now it's been over two weeks since the board supposedly has been shipped indeed via DHL (Germany to France) but nothing in the post yet and no answers from Ingo nor Teresa since. A bit annoying to not know what's happening...

Ingo has been No go for awhile for people in the states, He blamed Covid for mass shipping delays, and then when shipping "sort of" returned to normal he went MIA. I had to get my money back via paypal for the clock board I bought. Literally just dealt with another prominent pinball person from germany who I had to get my money back via paypal also... dont know whats going on over there.

#9707 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

If I'm going to be upgrading the lighting in the back, it will need a backboard decal instead of the black wood.
Is it possible to install a decal even when the game is put back together? Or is it easier to do it while the game is disassembled?
Will try to find a nice decal here in Europe

In order to install the decal AND have it look good, you will need to remove the back board. You can do it with the playfield lifted and resting forward. I want to say there were 4 screws and 4 hex nuts in the back when I did it. Took maybe 20 minutes to figure out how to get it off, 2 to apply the decal, and 5 to put back together).

Quoted from PinballAir:

Was the 8" strip clear or frosted.
I think that is the perfect amount of light back there. No dimmer needed.
Is that a strip from Comet?

I have something similar on mine. I think mine were clear, but as a tall guy I do get some reflection from the table back into my eyes when looking back there. I would recommend frosted. I have the COMET matrix stip in mine. I think ther are like 8 dollars or so. I would recommend ordering some of their extra wire strips, I think they are $.25 cents or so. Just alligator clip it to the GI and you are good.

#9708 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

then when shipping "sort of" returned to normal he went MIA.

Hope he's not suffering from the virus.

#9709 3 years ago

there's no shipping to North America from Germany right now, including Canada

Quoted from Coyote:

Hope he's not suffering from the virus.

#9710 3 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

Yes, but I do not believe that applies to emails or PMs.

In the past, mid-2020, Ingo was always active here, and replying to comments and PMs and emails. And now, he's not.

Hence, my concern.

#9711 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

In order to install the decal AND have it look good, you will need to remove the back board. You can do it with the playfield lifted and resting forward. I want to say there were 4 screws and 4 hex nuts in the back when I did it. Took maybe 20 minutes to figure out how to get it off, 2 to apply the decal, and 5 to put back together).

That's good to hear, I can build it up again while waiting for the decal to arrive. Have not made a choice for one yet, shipping is awful and we got nothing good available near me it seems

#9712 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

In the past, mid-2020, Ingo was always active here, and replying to comments and PMs and emails. And now, he's not.
Hence, my concern.

I had mine from him spring last year ish, took a while but it was worth it. Contact was good back then.

#9713 3 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

That just seems so weird. We have friends in France and have not seen any disruption in mail service. I wonder why Germany is so different.

#9714 3 years ago

Shipping from Germany is possible at the moment, there is no problem. But the DHL shipping is now with slow boat, not air. UPS is possible with 3 day delievery to US, but this is around 60€ for a small package.

#9715 3 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

Shipping from Germany is possible at the moment, there is no problem. But the DHL shipping is now with slow boat, not air. UPS is possible with 3 day delievery to US, but this is around 60€ for a small package.

Quoted from lpeters82:

That just seems so weird. We have friends in France and have not seen any disruption in mail service. I wonder why Germany is so different.

I dunno -
I ordered something from Austrailia by DHS, and it got from Sydney to National (DC area) in 6 days. Then I ordered something from Ukraine, and it got to my doorstep in 9 days. I don't think DHL is on the slow-boat. Granted, I paid a higher amount for shipping, but honestly - it was worth it.

#9716 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hence, my concern.

They responded to me yesterday or the day before

#9717 3 years ago

Good question

Quoted from lpeters82:

#9718 3 years ago

last item I ordered from Australia took six months, lol - definitely slow boat !

Quoted from Coyote:

I dunno -
I ordered something from Austrailia by DHS, and it got from Sydney to National (DC area) in 6 days. Then I ordered something from Ukraine, and it got to my doorstep in 9 days. I don't think DHL is on the slow-boat. Granted, I paid a higher amount for shipping, but honestly - it was worth it.

#9719 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I don't think DHL is on the slow-boat. Granted, I paid a higher amount for shipping, but honestly - it was worth it.

Translated from the german DHL site

"The transport capacities to the United States of America are currently significantly reduced, so that the dispatch of letters and parcels can only be maintained under special measures. Please note that we have been shipping some shipments to the USA by sea since September 15, 2020 until further notice. Very long delivery times of at least 25-30 days must be expected. For destinations in the western United States or in remote regions, the transit time can be significantly longer."

#9721 3 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

Translated from the german DHL site
"The transport capacities to the United States of America are currently significantly reduced, so that the dispatch of letters and parcels can only be maintained under special measures. Please note that we have been shipping some shipments to the USA by sea since September 15, 2020 until further notice. Very long delivery times of at least 25-30 days must be expected. For destinations in the western United States or in remote regions, the transit time can be significantly longer."

Hey, I'm just saying what I've experienced since the new year. Don't care enough to argue about it.

#9722 3 years ago

Who are the sources for the back board decals?
I am liking the spiral so far.

#9723 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Who are the sources for the back board decals?
I am liking the spiral so far.

I have one I never used. If interested PM me and I’ll send you pics.

#9725 3 years ago

Hello everyone, I’m the proud owner of this beautiful Twilight Zone. It’s been in my house for only a few hours and already, I can’t get enough of it because it keeps drawing me back in.

I’m looking forward to learning more about this great machine.

It just felt right to pick TZ over a more modern machine for my latest addition.

Please feel free to share any tips with me.

F5244FBC-3CD5-4CCF-B84D-74E51A71EAB9 (resized).jpegF5244FBC-3CD5-4CCF-B84D-74E51A71EAB9 (resized).jpeg
#9726 3 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Hello everyone, I’m the proud owner of this beautiful Twilight Zone. It’s been in my house for only a few hours and already, I can’t get enough of it because it keeps drawing me back in.
I’m looking forward to learning more about this great machine.
It just felt right to pick TZ over a more modern machine for my latest addition.
Please feel free to share any tips with me.
[quoted image]

Colordmd is totally worth it!

#9727 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Colordmd is totally worth it!

I’m going to order one today lol.

My gumball machine isn’t working and it’s sending the game into ball search mode when a ball gets hit there (it was working fine yesterday lol) Any suggestions how to fix this?

#9728 3 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I’m going to order one today lol.
My gumball machine isn’t working and it’s sending the game into ball search mode when a ball gets hit there (it was working fine yesterday lol) Any suggestions how to fix this?

Possibly a flaky switch? Adjust/ check connections at the switch.

#9729 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

If I'm going to be upgrading the lighting in the back, it will need a backboard decal instead of the black wood.
Is it possible to install a decal even when the game is put back together? Or is it easier to do it while the game is disassembled?
Will try to find a nice decal here in Europe

There is an alternative backboard spiral decal (4 spirals instead of 2). I found it a few years ago on eBay.

333BE32F-75A2-47D9-99F6-4343BF144E50 (resized).jpeg333BE32F-75A2-47D9-99F6-4343BF144E50 (resized).jpeg
#9730 3 years ago

Made an order at PinballPimp yesterday for:
-Right ramp decal
-Lamp decal
-Diverter decal

Can't wait to install them, will change the looks of the game by a lot

#9731 3 years ago

How are decals applied?
Are they peel and stick?

#9732 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

How are decals applied?
Are they peel and stick?

Pretty sure they are

#9733 3 years ago

So the LEDs on my replacement clock board have started to flicker. I noticed when I switch which socket the LEDs are plugged into the problem follows the bulb. My question, where can I buy replacement bulbs? They are small for prong LEDs.

#9734 3 years ago

Does anyone know where to get a Martin Reynold's Gumball Light Kit? Or another high quality light kit for the gumball machine.

I've reached out to Martin and haven't heard back.

#9735 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

So the LEDs on my replacement clock board have started to flicker. I noticed when I switch which socket the LEDs are plugged into the problem follows the bulb. My question, where can I buy replacement bulbs? They are small for prong LEDs.

I have a set up comet LEDs for a clock board that I am not using. Send me a picture of your bulbs and if they match I can send you the led bulbs I have. I don't need them as the clock board I have has built in LEDs.

#9736 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I have a set up comet LEDs for a clock board that I am not using. Send me a picture of your bulbs and if they match I can send you the led bulbs I have. I don't need them as the clock board I have has built in LEDs.

I appreciate the offer, but I fear they may not be the correct bulb. They are not the tinies from Comet.

Not these --> https://www.cometpinball.com/products/86-led-bulbs?_pos=1&_sid=6dcec8e4e&_ss=r

They look like the very top of these --> https://www.cometpinball.com/products/1flux-bulbs just the clear part at the top.

EDIT: I think they are called Super Flux, so it makes sense that the Comet bulb is called flux.

#9737 3 years ago

Is anyone selling a nice slot machine mod or know where to get one? I’m looking for one please.

#9738 3 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Is anyone selling a nice slot machine mod or know where to get one? I’m looking for one please.

Może coś takiego:
https://pinballpro.net/shop/new-twilight-zone-dazzler-kit/

#9739 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Does anyone know where to get a Martin Reynold's Gumball Light Kit? Or another high quality light kit for the gumball machine.
I've reached out to Martin and haven't heard back.

I have also been trying to get one of these. The one martin makes is one of the nicer ones out there in my opinion. I wanted to order the gumball light kit as well as the door flasher kit and the clock led light kit that he sells. I was able to get in contact with martin and he directed me to pam (possibly his wife?) at pinbits.com I had emailed her several times and have yet to get a reply. I tried emailing martin back as well and have yet to get another reply from him. Anyone know if hes on the forum here or another way we can get ahold of him? I would really like to order these items

#9740 3 years ago

No slot machine mods there. Thanks though.

If anyone does know where to get the SLOT MACHINE mod please, show me the way.

#9741 3 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1185-pinballmod/02356-twilight-zone-pinball-gold-slot-machine-mod

Right there at the bottom of this thread lol

#9742 3 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1185-pinballmod/02356-twilight-zone-pinball-gold-slot-machine-mod

I purchased this one as well as a few of his other pieces (the piano, rocket ship, mini clock, camera, pyramid) and I'm happy with them. I went with the slot machine with the hole in it for the ball to pass through. Just waiting for my spiral ramp to show up and I'm going to install it all. I will post some pictures when I get it back together.

#9743 3 years ago

How do the batteries go in?
All positive up? All + down? Staggered?
Reviving a game that has not seen power in a few years.
Looks like battery holder has been changed. No plus , no minus

#9744 3 years ago

All positive up.
Thanks

#9745 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

All positive up.
Thanks

Yay! You figured it out

#9746 3 years ago

I have NOS TZ clock boards, original NOS optos and everything you need to rebuild your TZ clock. See my marketplace ad. The indigo click board is great, but this is an original alternative if he is not responding.

Thanks
Dougram69

#9747 3 years ago
Quoted from dougram69:

I have NOS TZ clock boards, original NOS optos and everything you need to rebuild your TZ clock. See my marketplace ad. The indigo click board is great, but this is an original alternative if he is not responding.
Thanks
Dougram69

Where did you find the optos? I thought those were NLA a decade ago.

#9748 3 years ago

I have a TZ spiral ramp I am thinking of selling. This was a mod that was made in limited production. Let me know if any inter st.

Mike

#9749 3 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I have a TZ spiral ramp I am thinking of selling. This was a mod that was made in limited production. Let me know if any inter st.
Mike

Feel free to send me a PM. I might be interested.

#9750 3 years ago

Why ya selling after just purchasing ?

Quoted from nocreditdot:

Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.50
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

There are 15,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/195?hl=johncare07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.