IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 305.
#9301 3 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

TZ Restoration [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful work. I especially like your wiring!

#9302 3 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Keep that pinsound for IJ over TZ. There are some decent orchestrations for TZ, but the IJ reorchestration by EndProdukt makes it a must have and a whole new experience.

Having owned a Pinsound for both, This is absolutely true. But just get a second one for the TZ orchestrations!

#9303 3 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Same ... 11 years ago. Still playing it, and learning/adapting my play style. Game never gets old. The guy I brought it from regretted badly that he let it go, and ended up having to search forever to get one back.
And for a little nostalgic fun ... I paid less than 3k.

Yeah.. I was with you until that last part... now I hate you

#9304 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yeah.. I was with you until that last part... now I hate you

Get the real old timers here and they’ll tell you they paid less that a grand. The hobby has exploded in the past dozen years. It’s all good. Nobody is losing money like with other hobbies.

#9305 3 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Get the real old timers here and they’ll tell you they paid less that a grand. The hobby has exploded in the past dozen years. It’s all good. Nobody is losing money like with other hobbies.

Yes I wouldn't suggest buying machines as an investment but it is certainly is nice that we're not losing money on machines. That said between the cost of mods and maintenance, there seems to be a constant stream of money flowing out of my wallet

#9306 3 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Yep, I know, I know... I'm lucky I got in when I did!

#9307 3 years ago

Finally finished with a few minor things still to go.
The pinsound mixes although plenty don't seem to be set well gain wise. I'm not happy with them and going to have to redo and tweak some callouts etc.

Great to have it all playing.

Last thing was a full redo of the backbox lighting setup with some interactive flashers as well. Def was lost in zone last night!

image_160647 (resized).jpgimage_160647 (resized).jpg
#9308 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes I wouldn't suggest buying machines as an investment but it is certainly is nice that we're not losing money on machines. That said between the cost of mods and maintenance, there seems to be a constant stream of money flowing out of my wallet

I seem to lose money on almost every machine I sell. I tend to pay fair prices and do the same when I sell. Typically there’s a few hundred delta between the two, not in my favor.

Worse is when I buy a machine that needs work. The creech I just bought is a great example. Paid $5,200 for it and already have sunk $1k in it. I suspect I’ll drop another $500 to $1k on it. I’ll never get $7k for it. Oh well, it’ll be a super nice players machine when I’m done.

My TZ has increased in value faster than inflation, so there’s that. But, I think pinball is at peak prices like so many other luxuries. Eventually, I think prices will fall again. I bet we’ll see nice TZs in the sub-$6k range. Mine is flowing right now. That’ll change eventually, unfortunately.

#9309 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

So you have both the front and back on the lower holes - right? In thinking about it, it makes sense - the top holes (front & back) lower the overall machine for kids but keeps the angle the same. If you do one pair on the top and the other on the lower it'll give you either too little angle (as was your case) or too much angle.

Yes. The front was on the lower holes already, and the back was on the top holes, so I couldn't get any angle. Fixed the back, and 6.5 was easy to achieve.
My fronts actually still had the 3 hole bracket on the inside, backs, I had to flip/move the two hole bracket down.

Was happily surprised that this machine has really clean original WPC boards (not sure if actually original to the machine, but not Rottendog). Still had batteries, so took them out immediately, a little oxidation on the ends. Need the NVRAM or remote battery holder. Any one kit/mod better than another?

Something that isn't a big deal, but bothers me (as I lay awake at night figuring out how to fix the most trivial things), my start button and extra credit button are not lighting. Switched out the bulbs, still not working. Everything else on the same color (row / column) works fine. I thought I saw a setting in a WPC menu somewhere to stop the start button from flashing during attract mode, but still think it would light up during the lamp test (which it doesn't). They are the only two things that are not working and it's sort of driving me nuts. Given that it seems like something somebody would have intentionally disabled (as they are the only things not working), any thoughts on what I might be experiencing or what I might look for (other than tracing the wires)?

And after even more play, this machine is great. A lot going on, a lot of great shots. Happy with my purchase, but I can report that I did not get it for $3k, lol.

#9310 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

The pinsound mixes although plenty don't seem to be set well gain wise. I'm not happy with them and going to have to redo and tweak some callouts etc.
Last thing was a full redo of the backbox lighting setup with some interactive flashers as well. Def was lost in zone last night![quoted image]

It's a TREMENDOUS time-suck. I did a mix of stuff ripped from the original DCS mix, some new callouts, music, etc, and it is such a PITA to get the gain correct. Good luck to ya. I'd pay $10! A very patient pinsider PMd me a long time ago asking to post it, I need to do that. I think the only copy I have is actually in the game right now.

#9311 3 years ago

Sure post it up I'd like to try it.

There has been a steep learning curve with all the pinsound changes from the release of plus, motion control etc. Somethings are still a mystery but when it's all dialled in its sensational.

#9312 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Yes. The front was on the lower holes already, and the back was on the top holes, so I couldn't get any angle. Fixed the back, and 6.5 was easy to achieve.
My fronts actually still had the 3 hole bracket on the inside, backs, I had to flip/move the two hole bracket down.
Was happily surprised that this machine has really clean original WPC boards (not sure if actually original to the machine, but not Rottendog). Still had batteries, so took them out immediately, a little oxidation on the ends. Need the NVRAM or remote battery holder. Any one kit/mod better than another?
Something that isn't a big deal, but bothers me (as I lay awake at night figuring out how to fix the most trivial things), my start button and extra credit button are not lighting. Switched out the bulbs, still not working. Everything else on the same color (row / column) works fine. I thought I saw a setting in a WPC menu somewhere to stop the start button from flashing during attract mode, but still think it would light up during the lamp test (which it doesn't). They are the only two things that are not working and it's sort of driving me nuts. Given that it seems like something somebody would have intentionally disabled (as they are the only things not working), any thoughts on what I might be experiencing or what I might look for (other than tracing the wires)?
And after even more play, this machine is great. A lot going on, a lot of great shots. Happy with my purchase, but I can report that I did not get it for $3k, lol.

The lamp matrix in the manual shows this column as Yellow-Grey on connector J138-9, however all the lamps are on the PF except the start button and Buy-in button so these will typically be wired separately. Looking at the Power Board it shows the PF column uses J137-9 and the cabinet column uses J136-3 and this is confirmed looking at the Power Driver board schematic as J137-9 and J136-3 are the same. So I suspect that J136 plug is not connected or has a broken wire.

TZ Lamp Matrix (resized).JPGTZ Lamp Matrix (resized).JPG
TZ Lamp - Column connections (resized).JPGTZ Lamp - Column connections (resized).JPG
TZ Power Board - Lamp Column (resized).jpgTZ Power Board - Lamp Column (resized).jpg

#9313 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The lamp matrix in the manual shows this column as Yellow-Grey on connector J138-9, however all the lamps are on the PF except the start button and Buy-in button so these will typically be wired separately. Looking at the Power Board it shows the PF column uses J137-9 and the cabinet column uses J136-3 and this is confirmed looking at the Power Driver board schematic as J137-9 and J136-3 are the same. So I suspect that J136 plug is not connected or has a broken wire.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great info, thank you!

#9314 3 years ago

new to the club, where is the ball save feature? i looked through all the settings and can't find anything about ball save or freeze. thanks guys, this machine is exhilarating.

#9315 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

new to the club, where is the ball save feature? i looked through all the settings and can't find anything about ball save or freeze. thanks guys, this machine is exhilarating.

It's called "Free Ride" in the adjustments....

#9316 3 years ago

What's your ROM version? 9.4H added the ability to have ball save on beyond ball one

Need to have FREE RIDE TIME (A.2 27) set to non-zero.

#9317 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It's called "Free Ride" in the adjustments....

Haha you beat me

#9318 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I bought this game on reputation alone,

Same. I wanted Addams Family as my first pinball but pinheads I spoke with stated that TZ was better. I bought a fully modded one with 3 magnets without ever playing one. I didn't even know about the powerball! I love the machine and will never sell it.

#9319 3 years ago
Quoted from bikefreak:

Still working on a rebuild... (Working through multiple issues)
Getting only a portion of my LEDs to display on the back board. Thoughts on where to start?
I'd expect them to all light.
[quoted image]

I bend the wire leads out on led bulbs (basically make a 'V' pattern). This insures a good connection. I find that a third or even half of the bulbs will not light without adjusting. You can also use incandescent bulbs to test those sockets to make sure it's not the led bulbs. It looks like you have a string out so check for burnt connectors or bad fuses.

#9320 3 years ago

Is there a definitive test for transistors while installed in a game? I've seen two different ways to do it, and it's a little confusing. My left main playfield magnet keeps blowing a fuse, and I haven't had a chance to address it. I'm thinking the transistor failed so I might go ahead and replace it. But looking up the tests, I'm confused whether I touch the red to the middle tab and black to ground, or if I'm testing the outside legs?

#9321 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

What's your ROM version? 9.4H added the ability to have ball save on beyond ball one
Need to have FREE RIDE TIME (A.2 27) set to non-zero.

I'm on 9.4H, and have free ride time on, and it only gives me ball save for ball one. also no ball save in multiball. what gives? thx

#9322 3 years ago

I'm on 9.4H, and have free ride time on, and it only gives me ball save for ball one. also no ball saves for multiball. what gives? thx

#9323 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I bend the wire leads out on led bulbs (basically make a 'V' pattern). This insures a good connection. I find that a third or even half of the bulbs will not light without adjusting. You can also use incandescent bulbs to test those sockets to make sure it's not the led bulbs. It looks like you have a string out so check for burnt connectors or bad fuses.

I pulled the LEDs and put in bulbs. no light either. With the LEDs I have a very faint glow on a few.
I've read some of what emsrph linked (but need to spend much more time there).

What I've done so far:
- determined it is the orange / white-ora string
- Swapped J121 and J120 connections. (same issue as expected since I think they are just connected pins)
- Continuity test passed for Orange wire from connector to end of line (last lamp socket)
- Continuity test passed for White-Orange wire from connector to end of line (last lamp socket)
- 5v tp = 4.91v (12v and 18v also tested okay +/-. I didn't write them down but they seemed close enough and I don't think they are involved in this issue)
- Fuse F109 pulled out and continuity test passed
- put in regular bulbs and they don't work. LEDs bulbs are new and have tested as working.

Decided to see what J120 pin 2&8 let to. Well, about as far away as possible. Ended at mini-playfield lamp flasher (x2) (two flasher bulbs of 3 in the silver "street lamp" looking thing over the mini PF) Did a test of those flashers and no workie. So...

...at this point it seems it is upstream of the J121/120 connection and not the fuse since that tested okay.

What voltage should I be expecting at J121 (pin 2&8) Orange (do I connect DMM red lead to pin2 and black lead to pin8?)
What voltage should I expect at the last backboard socket of that orange string?
What voltage should I be expecting at J121 (pin 3&9) Yellow (this set of lights works)
What voltage should I be expecting at J121 (pin 5&10) Green (this set of lights works)

#9324 3 years ago

I'm on 9.4H, and have free ride time on, and it only gives me ball save for ball one. also no ball save in multiball. what gives? thx

First, my snarky answer:
IPDB has the manual in a PDF format. I recommend downloading it, and reading it when you suffer insomnia. And then, while you're at it, check out my manual admendum for v9.4H.

The setting you're looking for, for the last ball to support ball saver is A.2 36 - Last Free Ride. For the main multiball and fast multiball, there is no ball saver. For powerball mania, there is.

#9325 3 years ago
Quoted from bikefreak:

I pulled the LEDs and put in bulbs. no light either. With the LEDs I have a very faint glow on a few.
I've read some of what emsrph linked (but need to spend much more time there).
What I've done so far:
- determined it is the orange / white-ora string
- Swapped J121 and J120 connections. (same issue as expected since I think they are just connected pins)
- Continuity test passed for Orange wire from connector to end of line (last lamp socket)
- Continuity test passed for White-Orange wire from connector to end of line (last lamp socket)
- 5v tp = 4.91v (12v and 18v also tested okay +/-. I didn't write them down but they seemed close enough and I don't think they are involved in this issue)
- Fuse F109 pulled out and continuity test passed
- put in regular bulbs and they don't work. LEDs bulbs are new and have tested as working.
Decided to see what J120 pin 2&8 let to. Well, about as far away as possible. Ended at mini-playfield lamp flasher (x2) (two flasher bulbs of 3 in the silver "street lamp" looking thing over the mini PF) Did a test of those flashers and no workie. So...
...at this point it seems it is upstream of the J121/120 connection and not the fuse since that tested okay.
What voltage should I be expecting at J121 (pin 2&8) Orange (do I connect DMM red lead to pin2 and black lead to pin8?)
What voltage should I expect at the last backboard socket of that orange string?
What voltage should I be expecting at J121 (pin 3&9) Yellow (this set of lights works)
What voltage should I be expecting at J121 (pin 5&10) Green (this set of lights works)

Sounds to me like a problem on the Power / Driver board. Most likely a bad trace. You should be able to tone test J115 to J120 / J121. There should be 5 sets of pins that tone out (1 set for each light string). If one is missing you have a bad trace or solder joint. This is a very common failure due to the heat associated with these circuits.

#9326 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Sounds to me like a problem on the Power / Driver board. Most likely a bad trace. You should be able to tone test J115 to J120 / J121. There should be 5 sets of pins that tone out (1 set for each light string). If one is missing you have a bad trace or solder joint. This is a very common failure due to the heat associated with these circuits.

Thanks Mad Dog! I did the beep test. 4 of 5 beeps. ya. I unplugged everything (what a pain) and pulled the board. Put it on my bench upside down and decided to retest to confirm what I found when it was installed. 4 of 5 beeps. pin 8 on J121 (if I recall) = no beep. Runs through F109 as expected. Time to trace the trace... no trace on back of board. Flips board over... Trace is on front and runs under other fuses... joy. For some reason I decide to test the fuses in place again. beep, beep, beep, no beep.... wait.... no beep? I pulled an tested F109 earlier and it worked. Pulled the fuse out still no beep. Smack on work bench, test... beep. Stupid fuse.

Dug in tool box for a new fuse. Reinstalled board. Lights for the win! Thanks all for the help. On to the next issue.

Do I go the flaky DMD or the double flipper = reset? (ordered the KAHR daughter board which will potentially differ needing to do the double flipper reset)

#9327 3 years ago

So I put brand new batteries in my machine the other day when I got it home and it seemed like it was keeping memory but then today I turned it on and said restored factory settings. I checked the voltage of the batteries and they are all good. any ideas?

#9328 3 years ago
Quoted from Clizifer:

So I put brand new batteries in my machine the other day when I got it home and it seemed like it was keeping memory but then today I turned it on and said restored factory settings. I checked the voltage of the batteries and they are all good. any ideas?

Time to replace the battery box. Acid probably took out one of the battery contacts. Not that hard to do.

#9329 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Time to replace the battery box. Acid probably took out one of the battery contacts. Not that hard to do.

Or... If you didn't change them with the game turned on, this is normal.

#9330 3 years ago

Ya it was a bit corroded when I got it. I will have a look at it. Is it worth it to just switch to the nvram? I heard it doesnt save the time and date tho. It's cool how the playfield clock shows the correct time when idle

#9331 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Last thing was a full redo of the backbox lighting setup with some interactive flashers as well. Def was lost in zone last night![quoted image]

I like the reworked original sound library for Pinsound but the Serling call outs are crap. I would gladly donate to getting a better copy of this if/when available. Just posting here in case others are on the same page.

#9332 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is there a definitive test for transistors while installed in a game? I've seen two different ways to do it, and it's a little confusing. My left main playfield magnet keeps blowing a fuse, and I haven't had a chance to address it. I'm thinking the transistor failed so I might go ahead and replace it. But looking up the tests, I'm confused whether I touch the red to the middle tab and black to ground, or if I'm testing the outside legs?

Short answer no.
To be 100% sure it needs to be tested of circuit but they can be tested with pretty high accuracy also when in the game.
How to do it depends of the transistor type, Tip 102, Tip 36 etc, but it is easy if you have a DMM.

#9333 3 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I like the reworked original sound library for Pinsound but the Serling call outs are crap. I would gladly donate to getting a better copy of this if/when available. Just posting here in case others are on the same page.

Agree - I'd pay for a better pinsound package.

#9334 3 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Short answer no.
To be 100% sure it needs to be tested of circuit but they can be tested with pretty high accuracy also when in the game.
How to do it depends of the transistor type, Tip 102, Tip 36 etc, but it is easy if you have a DMM.

Thanks for the clarification! I think it's a Tip 102, but need to verify.

#9335 3 years ago

So after playing some of the new Sterns a lot, Jurassic Park and Avengers, both with very hungry outlanes, this game is a pleasant surprise, except it feels like it’s got a very hungry SDTM drain scenario going on! At first I was convinced the flippers were slightly further apart than other games, even changed out my flipper rubber. I suppose just a lot more vertical movement than horizontal ball movement. More of a comment than anything else, but really enjoying the game after learning the rules a bit more.

#9336 3 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Agree but there are only really two options. Cleaning up each file for noise, clarity gain ad best as possible or a voice actor to re record.
Which package are you referring to? I only have one that the levels are working well to start with.
And no need to pay, I am happy to share anything I do as that is part of the whole ethos with pinsound orchestrations imo.

Different if you get someone to do a whole custom package for you I guess...lots of work.

#9337 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Agree but there are only really two options. Cleaning up each file for noise, clarity gain ad best as possible or a voice actor to re record.
Which package are you referring to? I only have one that the levels are working well to start with.
And no need to pay, I am happy to share anything I do as that is part of the whole ethos with pinsound orchestrations imo.
Different if you get someone to do a whole custom package for you I guess...lots of work.

There's really no way to "clean up" these low-fidelity sound files. The data is *gone*. There's not much you can do.

I ripped a couple of files from the TV show and they sound MUCH better than the game callouts - but there's not one for everything, a lot of the callouts are specific to the game.

There is also the IGT slot machine - those callouts were recorded by Mark Silverman (the guy who also did the Disney Tower of Terror overdubs). I don't know what the callouts say in that game exactly, but there might be something that can be grabbed. There's a bunch of video on youtube. It ain't great.

#9338 3 years ago
Quoted from Clizifer:

Ya it was a bit corroded when I got it. I will have a look at it. Is it worth it to just switch to the nvram? I heard it doesnt save the time and date tho. It's cool how the playfield clock shows the correct time when idle

You are going to have to address the corrosion first, but after that regardless if you install NVRAM or not, but afterwards:

In my opinion ... just install AA lithium batteries and don't worry about it. NVRAM is nice as you don't ever have to buy batteries again but your clock will act as an hour meter, which is also not bad if this is the information you want to have.

Full disclosure, I have been using this type of battery in everything that takes 9v, AA, or AAA batteries ever since they came out. I never change them until they die and have never had one leak. I have also never been woken up at 3AM from a smoke detector chirping because the backup battery is low using these, this in itself justifies the higher cost IMO.

In 2015 I made a post promising to let folks know when the lithium batteries in my fully restored STTNG dies and gave me the "Reset to Factory Defaults" message, it could be tomorrow and it may be 5 years from now; I can tell you with certainty I'm not loosing any sleep having 5 year old batteries in my pin.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-battery-leakage#post-3403024

#9339 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There's really no way to "clean up" these low-fidelity sound files. The data is *gone*. There's not much you can do.
I ripped a couple of files from the TV show and they sound MUCH better than the game callouts - but there's not one for everything, a lot of the callouts are specific to the game.
There is also the IGT slot machine - those callouts were recorded by Mark Silverman (the guy who also did the Disney Tower of Terror overdubs). I don't know what the callouts say in that game exactly, but there might be something that can be grabbed. There's a bunch of video on youtube. It ain't great.

Yeah I have had a look at substituion as well but not all there without changing. Keen to hear and use what you have done!
You can clean the originals up a small amount - it was really effective in my Bop orchestration....
I think you don't want ultra crisp clear personally as it sounds out of place as well...like one of the Cftbl mixes I tried.

#9340 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Yeah I have had a look at substituion as well but not all there without changing. Keen to hear and use what you have done!
You can clean the originals up a small amount - it was really effective in my Bop orchestration....
I think you don't want ultra crisp clear personally as it sounds out of place as well...like one of the Cftbl mixes I tried.

I have to wonder. With access to the source code, would someone also have access to the original (uncompressed) sounds files?

#9341 3 years ago

Got to LITZ tonight for the first time. Awesome, what a rush.

#9342 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

You are going to have to address the corrosion first, but after that regardless if you install NVRAM or not, but afterwards:
In my opinion ... just install AA lithium batteries and don't worry about it. NVRAM is nice as you don't ever have to buy batteries again but your clock will act as an hour meter, which is also not bad if this is the information you want to have.
Full disclosure, I have been using this type of battery in everything that takes 9v, AA, or AAA batteries ever since they came out. I never change them until they die and have never had one leak. I have also never been woken up at 3AM from a smoke detector chirping because the backup battery is low using these, this in itself justifies the higher cost IMO.
In 2015 I made a post promising to let folks know when the lithium batteries in my fully restored STTNG dies and gave me the "Reset to Factory Defaults" message, it could be tomorrow and it may be 5 years from now; I can tell you with certainty I'm not loosing any sleep having 5 year old batteries in my pin.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-battery-leakage#post-3403024

Fair enough. I'm sold on the lithium batteries lol

#9343 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks for the clarification! I think it's a Tip 102, but need to verify.

A "dirty" way of testing a Tip 102 is to set the DMM to buzz and then put one lead on the ground strap and the other on the metal tab of the Tip 102.
If you get a buzz the transistor is for sure bad.
Make sure to only do this with the game off!

If it checks out as good in above test then set the DMM to diode position and put the black lead on the metal tab and the red lead to first one of the outside leg and then the other.
You should get a reading of .4 to .6 volts on either leg. Any other reading and the transistor is most likely bad.
(When putting the red lead to the center leg you should see a zero reading)

#9344 3 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

A "dirty" way of testing a Tip 102 is to set the DMM to buzz and then put one lead on the ground strap and the other on the metal tab of the Tip 102.
If you get a buzz the transistor is for sure bad.
Make sure to only do this with the game off!
If it checks out as good in above test then set the DMM to diode position and put the black lead on the metal tab and the red lead to first one of the outside leg and then the other.
You should get a reading of .4 to .6 volts on either leg. Any other reading and the transistor is most likely bad.
(When putting the red lead to the center leg you should see a zero reading)

Thank you! I should know this better, this is very helpful

#9345 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I have to wonder. With access to the source code, would someone also have access to the original (uncompressed) sounds files?

Entirely possible. Would need to ask PPS.

#9346 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Entirely possible. Would need to ask PPS.

No. Granner covered this on a podcast. The sounds were downgraded to 8-bit for inclusion in the code and the original DAT tapes which had the recordings are not availabe (not sure if lost or what). We do have the DCS recordings, but that's just music mainly

#9347 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No. Granner covered this on a podcast. The sounds were downgraded to 8-bit for inclusion in the code and the original DAT tapes which had the recordings are not availabe (not sure if lost or what). We do have the DCS recordings, but that's just music mainly

In the new White Water package, the creator invited Warren Davis, the voice actor to record the callouts in high quality.

#9348 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ah, I didn't know that. Sad to hear, sadly.

Quoted from Davi:

In the new White Water package, the creator invited Warren Davis, the voice actor to record the callouts in high quality.

May be more difficult for TZ. While the voice actor is still around, he can't DO Rod Serling without getting Serling's wife's (or the estate's) permission, and that may cost or be hard to get, sadly. Though I would honestly love it.

#9349 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Ah, I didn't know that. Sad to hear, sadly.

May be more difficult for TZ. While the voice actor is still around, he can't DO Rod Serling without getting Serling's wife's (or the estate's) permission, and that may cost or be hard to get, sadly. Though I would honestly love it.

That is correct. Kitzrow also doesn't really sound like Rod anymore. Mark Silverman is the "official" voice, and he *is* quite good. But he's also a Voice of Disney, so .. good luck. Stellar guy though. Happy to chat and very appreciative of his good fortune.

So check this out:

Remember Jordan Peele did the reboot recently - the last episode of the first season had a creepy CG-ish Rod Serling as the host (I bet Rod would have loved/been horrified by it). Silverman did the voice, but a guy named Jeff (a/k/a/ Jefferson) Black did the body language. A THIRD guy was Rod's face. I kind of blew off Jefferson Black's part, thinking (how hard can it be acting like somebody's BODY?). Then I saw this:

#9350 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Mark Silverman is the "official" voice, and he *is* quite good. But he's also a Voice of Disney, so .. good luck.

*nods* Agree with everything. Met Mr. Silverman once, back in the 90's when he was doing down to MGM Studios - The TZ Tower of Terror. Kinda wished I got an autograph or something, now. Heh.

Anyways, with enough money, sure, we could have everything re-recorded. But would be really, really steep.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 1,059.00
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 14.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
$ 12.95
$ 132.00
$ 79.50
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/187?hl=vec-tor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.