IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 305.
#9201 3 years ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

Thanks for the suggestion - I think I tried this, but I will give it another go. I may have over adjusted it or not done enough.

My game, when I first got it, had this bottom layer bent downwards - so as it flipped, the angle would cause the ball to occasionally fly out to the right. Pnce I bent it up, the issue stopped. Not sayin' it'll fix your issue, but just offering based on prevous experience. Especially if it's happened when the ball is still seated properly in the cage before flipping.

Quoted from ceterumnet:

I was thinking about just pulling the robot off...I'm not a huge fan of it - especially when it creates a new ball trap.

While I'm against mods on TZ in general, I'm not the type to poke at others for using them. My comment was more along the lines of - the robot is holding the ball? ... Fix that by getting rid of the robot.

#9202 3 years ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

I have a question regarding my TZ's bridge diverter. I was having problems where it was ejecting balls sideways 25% of the time, and then they would get stuck because of my robot mod...I've attached a pic.
I was able to improve the percentage to something more like 10% of the time by adding a washer next to the c-clip of the shaft that the diverter rotates. Also, I played with bending the shape a little of it to see if I could improve it.
I'm starting to suspect that it might be inconsistent power from the coil. But I'm definitely not sure.
Does anyone have any additional suggestions?
PS> My game is level in both directions per my digital level.
[quoted image]
EDIT: I forgot to mention one more thing: There are 2 of the horizontal steel supports for the wire form right before the diverter, and the ball rolls over those almost like speed bumps...this occasionally causes some weird motion. I wanted to also validate that the ball should be hitting those or if that is something that needs to be adjusted as well.

Here's my fix to the problem. The wire form keeps things in check. Not a fan of the magnet. It doubles the weight of the mechanism.

20201112_194316 (resized).jpg20201112_194316 (resized).jpg
#9204 3 years ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

Do you recall what size / where you bought the post from?
I don't have any spare parts accumulated yet as I'm relatively new to the hobby.

Star posts are common and used in places like the slings. Search for them by name at any pinball part website like pinball life or marcos. I screwed it onto a metal plate and then glued metal plate under robot bracket.

I do agree with Coyote that most mods cause more problems than they are worth. Mine came loaded with mods when I bought it. Already removed some but thinking of removing a few more that are being a pain.

20201113_072046 (resized).jpg20201113_072046 (resized).jpg
#9205 3 years ago

Coyote

Thoughts on what to do to fix my clock, my 45 min oppto isn't registering? Sometimes the 30 min doesn't hit either.

I picked up a new clock board as I thought maybe that was the issue but still not getting the 45 oppto.

Which wire(s) are responsible for this oppto?

I pulled the both plugs through the play field and checked continuity back to the harness and to the board mounted under the play field - all check out fine. Leading me to believe that wires from the plugs to the harness are all good.

Gotta say I was really hoping this new board was going to solve my issue and be a plug and play solution... ugh ;(

#9206 3 years ago

So.... all seems to be working now. Not sure if unplugging the wires from the harness and the board and then plugging back in did something.

#9207 3 years ago

This game is gorgeous!

F7F111BC-4FD2-43BE-B687-B20C121DA986 (resized).jpegF7F111BC-4FD2-43BE-B687-B20C121DA986 (resized).jpeg
#9208 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

This game is gorgeous!
[quoted image]

That does look real good - dare I ask, did you put in pinstadium?

#9209 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That does look real good - dare I ask, did you put in pinstadium?

Nope. Comet TZ LED kit. I wasn’t necessarily talking about my pin..... just the TZ pin in general is a very pretty pin

#9210 3 years ago

Nope. Comet TZ LED kit. I wasn’t necessarily talking about my pin..... just the TZ pin in general is a very pretty pin

Well yes on both counts - TZ is a great looking pin and yours looks awesome. I really like how that LED kit has lit up the PF ... will have to take a look at it for mine

#9211 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Well yes on both counts - TZ is a great looking pin and yours looks awesome. I really like how that LED kit has lit up the PF ... will have to take a look at it for mine

I am very pleased with Comets LEDs. Their kits are thoughtful and artistic. A++ quality LEDs
I always tweak things to my liking but not much to change with the TZ LED kit from Comet.

#9212 3 years ago

Wow - I will look into the kit. I’ve always felt my game was a bit dark... looks great!

#9213 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow - I will look into the kit. I’ve always felt my game was a bit dark... looks great!

Don't be surprised: there are flashlights (at least 4), and I see a long very bright LED strip at the back. It's not just the regular GI.

#9214 3 years ago

This is Comet 2SMD warm white fluted in the GI without the spotlights, strips or lit star posts for a comparo...
94EC4B2C-DF2B-4471-A9A4-E05D2B42D84D (resized).jpeg94EC4B2C-DF2B-4471-A9A4-E05D2B42D84D (resized).jpeg

The only real extra lighting on my game is the Gumball Machine mod.

#9215 3 years ago

Ok, need that kit, that one pic just sold me. Looks like a totally different game now.

#9216 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Don't be surprised: there are flashlights (at least 4), and I see a long very bright LED strip at the back. It's not just the regular GI.

If you put post light under the slings posts you won’t need the spot lights. And yes nothing to be surprised about because we see how great they look better looking and much cheaper than pinstadiums IMO

#9217 3 years ago

Here's a before/after of my TZ comet LED kit install.

IMG_20181209_113004 (resized).jpgIMG_20181209_113004 (resized).jpgIMG_20181209_163729 (resized).jpgIMG_20181209_163729 (resized).jpg
#9218 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

So.... all seems to be working now. Not sure if unplugging the wires from the harness and the board and then plugging back in did something.

Likely your IDC connectors (rather, the wire crimped in them) are just old and making intermittent contact with the vibrations. If the issue starts to return, I would re-crimp the clock's connectors.

#9219 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Likely your IDC connectors (rather, the wire crimped in them) are just old and making intermittent contact with the vibrations. If the issue starts to return, I would re-crimp the clock's connectors.

Thanks will keep this in mind!

#9220 3 years ago

TWILIGHT ZONE PINBALL : 86 PIXELS PINVISION BACKBOARD DISPLAY PANEL : REVIEW AND INSTALLATION VIDEO

Recently I just installed a new mod for my Twilight Zone pinball machine created by Jimmy Lipham from 86 Pixels. The mod is called the Pinvision Backboard Display Panel. The mod is a display panel that replaces the static black piece of wood that attaches to the back of your playfield in the game. The display panel shows animations of images that correspond to modes and rules within the game.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2020/11/14/mods-twilight-zone-pinball-86-pixels-pinvision-backboard-display-panel-review-and-installation-video/

YouTube Video :

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg
#9221 3 years ago

Well.... I was so psyched to order the clock board with color changing LEDs from ingo with his board design. After waiting 9 months, I finally asked for and got a refund today because I am told they still cannot ship to the US.
So.... I don't want to end up selling this game eventually having never played it with a working clock! I don't blame Ingo, and he gave me a full refund. As much as I would want his board, who knows how much longer this pandemic will go on?
Anyone have an ingo board they'd be interested in selling? Is there another option that has different color LEDs in it? I guess it's subjective, but what other board offers trouble free operation and a better look than stock? Pinball inc has one that is only 80 bucks but I don't know anything about the quality.

#9222 3 years ago

Twister came through for me and a friend this week. I ordered two sets of power playfield switches on Monday, and they were here by Friday (shipping was 60€!). So this afternoon I was able to get some time in the shop, and installed them. They work pretty well!

C51FA89C-9D02-4A3A-A8C0-D517547BB1AC (resized).jpegC51FA89C-9D02-4A3A-A8C0-D517547BB1AC (resized).jpeg
#9223 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Well.... I was so psyched to order the clock board with color changing LEDs from ingo with his board design. After waiting 9 months, I finally asked for and got a refund today because I am told they still cannot ship to the US.
So.... I don't want to end up selling this game eventually having never played it with a working clock! I don't blame Ingo, and he gave me a full refund. As much as I would want his board, who knows how much longer this pandemic will go on?
Anyone have an ingo board they'd be interested in selling? Is there another option that has different color LEDs in it? I guess it's subjective, but what other board offers trouble free operation and a better look than stock? Pinball inc has one that is only 80 bucks but I don't know anything about the quality.

Read this post and the posts that follow it for am alternative option:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/183#post-5943923

Also, I was able to get an Ingo clock board by posting a WTB ad here, so that’s another option as well.

#9224 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Read this post and the posts that follow it for am alternative option:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/183#post-5943923
Also, I was able to get an Ingo clock board by posting a WTB ad here, so that’s another option as well.

I ordered up one of the Casper Electronic boards - got it in ~3 days from date of order. ramegoom answered quite a few questions for me prior to and post purchase - overall great support!
http://www.casperselectronics.com/cart/index.php?route=product/product&path=82&product_id=1057

I know he has some boards with other colored LEDs, like Blue, but the standard board is just cool white strip LEDs which is very even illumination on the clock face. I don't know if he has rainbow as an option since they don't use socketed LED bulbs. PM ramegoom and ask him what other colors he might have if you don't want the stock color.

#9225 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

I ordered up one of the Casper Electronic boards - got it in ~3 days from date of order. ramegoom answered quite a few questions for me prior to and post purchase - overall great support!
http://www.casperselectronics.com/cart/index.php?route=product/product&path=82&product_id=1057
I know he has some boards with other colored LEDs, like Blue, but the standard board is just cool white strip LEDs which is very even illumination on the clock face. I don't know if he has rainbow as an option since they don't use socketed LED bulbs. PM ramegoom and ask him what other colors he might have if you don't want the stock color.

Thank you
I just ordered one from Casper's.

#9226 3 years ago

Did my own kit but didn't like all the led dots in the playfield, so out a fluro diffuser over the strip.

IMG20201118190046 (resized).jpgIMG20201118190046 (resized).jpgIMG20201118190114 (resized).jpgIMG20201118190114 (resized).jpgIMG20201118190200 (resized).jpgIMG20201118190200 (resized).jpg
#9227 3 years ago

Good morning,

Anyone would know of a PIN2DMD colorization for TZ ? I know there is a WIP thread on vpuniverse.com, but can't find anything more recent

Thanks and regards

#9228 3 years ago

Just got the sample TZ delivered. Very exciting.

B289DC2A-7614-49C0-AAB6-9D49E6FAA92C (resized).jpegB289DC2A-7614-49C0-AAB6-9D49E6FAA92C (resized).jpegD0DE1448-ABAC-44E4-9FBD-9A444440C2CC (resized).jpegD0DE1448-ABAC-44E4-9FBD-9A444440C2CC (resized).jpeg
#9229 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Good morning,
Anyone would know of a PIN2DMD colorization for TZ ? I know there is a WIP thread on vpuniverse.com, but can't find anything more recent
Thanks and regards

That’s the latest. Those things take forever to do

#9230 3 years ago

Is there an advantage going with Pin2DMD over Color DMD?

#9231 3 years ago

Hello all,

After 16 years of wanting one, the right deal finally came along and I joined the club a couple days ago! Since its arrival I’ve been plenty busy repairing, de-modding, and cleaning the heck out of it. There’s plenty more to do, but it’s coming along nicely.

Such an amazingly fun game!
D8257BEB-D46F-48E7-A2E6-BC7EF562D13E (resized).jpegD8257BEB-D46F-48E7-A2E6-BC7EF562D13E (resized).jpeg

#9232 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

You can do your own colors. And if there is a color version already posted, you can download and install. It's about half the price. Otherwise they are functionally the same. I don't think there is one for TZ, at least not one that's finished. There are OUTSTANDING ones for Monster Bash and for STTNG

#9233 3 years ago

It is not far off.

#9234 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Color DMD is plug and play, ready to go but you pay more. I went with Color DMD as I didn't want to mess around. If you want to save some $$$ and mess around by all means go with Pin2DMD.

#9235 3 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Hello all,
After 16 years of wanting one, the right deal finally came along and I joined the club a couple days ago! Since its arrival I’ve been plenty busy repairing, de-modding, and cleaning the heck out of it. There’s plenty more to do, but it’s coming along nicely.
Such an amazingly fun game!
[quoted image]

I'm confused.... there are 2 TZ's in your picture One is clearly front and center but there is one on the right as well.

#9236 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

I'm confused.... there are 2 TZ's in your picture One is clearly front and center but there is one on the right as well.

I'm gonna guess that's a VP in a TZ cab.

Notice the extra ball launch button under the plunger.

#9237 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Quoted from gunstarhero:

I'm gonna guess that's a VP in a TZ cab.
Notice the extra ball launch button under the plunger.

Yep, good eye! That’s a VirtuaPin that I had made years ago to look like a TZ.

#9238 3 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Yep, good eye! That’s a VirtuaPin that I had made years ago to look like a TZ.

Ah... I did see the giant red button but didn't think that was for a virtual pin. Congrats on getting the real deal, enjoy!

#9239 3 years ago

What kind of flipper rubbers do you use on TZ? My game has a lot of bounce off the flippers, but they need changing so want to see what others like to use with this great game.

#9240 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Ah... I did see the giant red button but didn't think that was for a virtual pin. Congrats on getting the real deal, enjoy!

Thanks, man! It's been a long time coming!

#9241 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

What kind of flipper rubbers do you use on TZ? My game has a lot of bounce off the flippers, but they need changing so want to see what others like to use with this great game.

Perfect Play from Pinball Life. I put black in my TZ.

I had used Super Bands before. They seem more bouncy.

#9242 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Perfect Play from Pinball Life. I put black in my TZ.
I had used Super Bands before. They seem more bouncy.

Do you use the PerfectPlay rings or sleeves as well? If so how do you find them

#9243 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Color DMD is plug and play, ready to go but you pay more. I went with Color DMD as I didn't want to mess around. If you want to save some $$$ and mess around by all means go with Pin2DMD.

Pin2dmd is also plug&play. Installation was like 5 minutes (remove old plasma, insert SD card), that's it.
Price in Europe:
Color DMD: $470
Pin2dmd: $237 (plug&play version)

#9244 3 years ago

I moved and the only good space for my TZ is by the window. Does anyone know of a cover I could get?

6E077B03-07EA-4BC1-816B-111963D2C0F9 (resized).jpeg6E077B03-07EA-4BC1-816B-111963D2C0F9 (resized).jpeg
#9245 3 years ago
Quoted from AD72:

I moved and the only good space for my TZ is by the window. Does anyone know of a cover I could get?
[quoted image]

#9246 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Do you use the PerfectPlay rings or sleeves as well? If so how do you find them

I use Perfect Play colored rings and Super Band colored post covers. I got the SB's before I found out about the Perfect Play.

I would only use the PP today though. I think the PP are silicone rubber and the SB are urethane. The PP are similar to natural rubber in play.

#9247 3 years ago
Quoted from AD72:

[quoted image]

Maybe try something like this https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gila-36-in-x-120-in-Gray-Glare-Control-Window-Film-10389340/203807951

https://www.decorativefilm.com/ultracool-ir8360-ir-and-uv-blocking-solar-film

Or any uv blocking film
Or just move the game

#9248 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You can do your own colors. And if there is a color version already posted, you can download and install. It's about half the price. Otherwise they are functionally the same. I don't think there is one for TZ, at least not one that's finished. There are OUTSTANDING ones for Monster Bash and for STTNG

Quoted from Kwoody51:

Good to know, thanks guys. I think I’ll stick with my plan for Color DMD.

#9249 3 years ago
Quoted from AD72:

[quoted image]

(Gasp) I think I can actually HEAR the side art fading just looking at the picture! Take immediate action, friend. Paint that window matte black.

#9250 3 years ago

Hi Zoners.

You have probably know that PPS has started making official code updates of SYS11 and WPC pinballs. May I ask the state of TZ code? The last official coin release was 9.2, then Ested made that home use only version (9.4H), in prelude of 9.4 and 9.5.

I'm asking to you: PPS has the right to use what code as a base? 9.2 or 9.4H? If so, what kind of improvements/fixes would you like? In the past, I was always promoting small rules change, but the idea of these code release are in a small grade of terms.

So, what kind of update do you think TZ needs starting from 9.4H or 9.2? (I remember there was an Hitchhiker panel lightshow counting bug somewhere, but I installed 9.2 on mine, really don't want to lose the coin functionality).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 12.95
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/185 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.