IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 305.
#8951 3 years ago

I’ve finally gotten my restoration TZ to flip again, and now I’m trying to work the bugs out of the game playfield mechs. I’ve got them just about all figured except for the power diverted. The 26-1200 coil just doesn’t have enough power to pull the diverted down when there is a ball in the basket. It just sits there and buzzes. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to address this problem?

648F20C9-EE7E-4129-82F2-403E3557B1F7 (resized).jpeg648F20C9-EE7E-4129-82F2-403E3557B1F7 (resized).jpegD6CBE40C-8938-4391-8EFE-CBCE0044DED0 (resized).jpegD6CBE40C-8938-4391-8EFE-CBCE0044DED0 (resized).jpeg
#8952 3 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I’ve finally gotten my restoration TZ to flip again, and now I’m trying to work the bugs out of the game playfield mechs. I’ve got them just about all figured except for the power diverted. The 26-1200 coil just doesn’t have enough power to pull the diverted down when there is a ball in the basket. It just sits there and buzzes. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to address this problem?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have a picture of it from the left side. (showing the linkage rod connection)

Assuming the coil sleeve is clean and slides through the coil easily?

Coil in the right direction?

20171029_184348 (resized).jpg20171029_184348 (resized).jpg20171029_184358 (resized).jpg20171029_184358 (resized).jpg

P1040327 (resized).JPGP1040327 (resized).JPGP1040328 (resized).JPGP1040328 (resized).JPG

#8953 3 years ago

I guess the first problem is that I have the rod going into the diverted on the opposite side. I didn’t think that would make a difference.

58D0E90E-38E0-4D8B-89EB-ECDBE670447C (resized).jpeg58D0E90E-38E0-4D8B-89EB-ECDBE670447C (resized).jpeg
#8954 3 years ago

Guys, divisive spiral ramp for sale:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-spiral-ramp-1#post-5801196
-SOLD-
(Will have few more soon if needed)

#8955 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Guys, divisive spiral ramp for sale:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-spiral-ramp-1#post-5801196
-SOLD-
(Will have few more soon if needed)

I can’t wait to try this out! Not stock, I know, I know...

#8956 3 years ago

I guess the first problem is that I have the rod going into the diverted on the opposite side. I didn’t think that would make a difference.
[quoted image]

Other ideas:
Reseat connectors
Reflow solder
You could also swap a coil (there are a few other places that type is used and see if the problem follows the coil)

#8957 3 years ago

Super newb question...I dont see lamp 81 (Left Spiral) light in lamp test and its not shown on the Lamp Location page Can someone point me in the right direction please?

#8958 3 years ago

The yellow one glowing in my pic. It hangs off the side of the mini playfield near the upper left flipper.

Screenshot_20200817-193451 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200817-193451 (resized).png

#8959 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Super newb question...I dont see lamp 81 (Left Spiral) light in lamp test and its not shown on the Lamp Location page Can someone point me in the right direction please?

This is because "you have just crossed over into the Twilight Zone"!!

Yes the lamp location page doesn't show the lamps on the mini-PF #76-78, nor #81 as it hangs off the side of the mini-PF.

Interesting that the lamp test misses it ...

#8960 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

The yellow one glowing in my pic. It hangs off the side of the mini playfield near the upper left flipper.

Thank you, I see the empty lamp socket now, a missing bulb would be a good reason why it's not lighting.

#8961 3 years ago

[quoted image]

So installed the push rod on the correct side, and now it works. My only complaint on the diverter now is the fact that it doesn’t sit as low as I would like. It works ok, but it looks like the rod is about an 1/8 inch too short. I wonder if this is the difference is because I’m using an after market playfield?

Also...MY CLOCK IS LOUD!! any tips for quieting it down?

#8962 3 years ago

A teflon lube such as Super Lube will quieten the gear noise

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kind-of-lube-for-tz-clock-gears

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-clock-grease

#8963 3 years ago

I did this to mine, ran everything through the ultrasonic and used Teflon lube. While I don’t get the screeching noise of a neglected clock, it still makes enough noise to be heard with the glass on during a game. How quiet have people gotten theirs? Part of me wonders if the seats for the gears in the housing are worn out.

#8964 3 years ago

Quiet clocks freak me out!

#8965 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Quiet clocks freak me out!

Yep. I hear the clock, I hear Rudy's eyes in funhouse.... It's part of pinball. Of I didn't want it to be physical, I'd get a virtual pin and play a silent monitor

#8966 3 years ago

So installed the push rod on the correct side, and now it works. My only complaint on the diverter now is the fact that it doesn’t sit as low as I would like. It works ok, but it looks like the rod is about an 1/8 inch too short. I wonder if this is the difference is because I’m using an after market playfield?

A properly lubed clock is still audible with the glass on but it has a nice controlled mechanical sound. One in the need of a lube job sounds painful like it is about to burst under stress. Clean and lube the gears with Teflon and I think you’ll be happy with the results.

#8967 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

A properly lubed clock is still audible with the glass on but is has a nice controlled mechanical sound. One in the need of a lube job sounds painful like it is about to burst under stress. Clean and lube the gears with Teflon and I think you’ll be happy with the results.

When I bought my machine 20 years ago the clock squealed when moving. It was one of the first projects I tackled. It’s never done it since. I was hoping my recent clean/lube would quite it up more, but it did not. Doesn’t bother me really, just wondered if others have made theirs less noisy.

#8968 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yep. I hear the clock, I hear Rudy's eyes in funhouse.... It's part of pinball. Of I didn't want it to be physical, I'd get a virtual pin and play a silent monitor

LOL. Yep I hear mine as well - all just part of playing TZ. That said, there are TZ's out there that gears do seem much louder, so maybe worth an inspection, clean and lube.

#8969 3 years ago

Really liked how the Pinball Life translucent "Perfect Play" rubbers looked on my Deadpool, so I put them on my TZ. Really happy with how the game looks!
IMG_9075 (resized).JPGIMG_9075 (resized).JPGIMG_9085 (resized).JPGIMG_9085 (resized).JPG

#8970 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Really liked how the Pinball Life translucent "Perfect Play" rubbers looked on my Deadpool, so I put them on my TZ. Really happy with how the game looks!

Looks sweet!

#8971 3 years ago

Well crap, I thought I had this one licked, but it only worked for about 5 games and now it sticks again. There has to be something wrong with the alignment. It’s a brand new coil in a brand new mech.

#8972 3 years ago

Well crap, I thought I had this one licked, but it only worked for about 5 games and now it sticks again. There has to be something wrong with the alignment. It’s a brand new coil in a brand new mech.

If you manually move the plunger in and out, can you feel any resistance or if it's catching on anything? If it just feels firm, try loosening the coil bracket where it attaches to the PF and moving the bracket marginally to see if you can reduce/remove the resistance on the plunger

#8973 3 years ago

Hey guys Im new to TZ ownership and have been following this thread a while now great job
Ive just recently installed the Ingo Clock, Mini Playfield twisters mod and changed the old magnets along with a few other things
Loving TZ
cheers
Stef

Clear Protector (resized).JPGClear Protector (resized).JPGCliffys (resized).JPGCliffys (resized).JPGDone (resized).JPGDone (resized).JPGIngo and Twisters (resized).JPGIngo and Twisters (resized).JPGMagnets (resized).JPGMagnets (resized).JPGTwisters (resized).JPGTwisters (resized).JPG
#8974 3 years ago

Nice! Where did you get the mini-playfield underside protector from?

#8975 3 years ago

Also where did you get the clock board. I'd really like to replace mine. I can get it to work, but after awhile it always seems to error out.

#8976 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Nice! Where did you get the mini-playfield underside protector from?

Hi I used a guy in the uk for all my Fluorescent acrylic protectors

https://www.colspinballmods.com/product-category/wpc-pinball-mods/

My Clock Board came direct from Ingo in Germany (took about 3 weeks to come but was well worth the wait)
https://www.german-pinball-modular.de/final-tz-clock-pcb-english.html

cheers
Stef

#8977 3 years ago

I should have had you order two. I don't think she's shipping to the USA.

#8978 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I've been waiting about 5 months. Ingo is apparently going to ship out orders to US once he is able to.

#8979 3 years ago
Quoted from Matrixnetuk:

Hi I used a guy in the uk for all my Fluorescent acrylic protectors

Stef

Thanks, but I'm getting an unsafe/unprotected website warning for some reason when trying to go to that site from my computer or phone.

#8980 3 years ago

gameroom designed a clock board and sells it through Pinball life. I was lucky enough to be a tester. It works great and matches the LED's in my machine.

https://www.pinballlife.com/twilight-zone-clock-pcb-assembly.html

#8981 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Thanks, but I'm getting an unsafe/unprotected website warning for some reason when trying to go to that site from my computer or phone.

It's a secure website (HTTPS) however the encryption certificate being used expired on the 20th June 2020.

If you want to view the website, you can click on the "Advanced" button on the warning page displayed and then click on proceed to the website link

#8982 3 years ago
Quoted from Matrixnetuk:

I used a guy in the uk for all my Fluorescent acrylic protectors

cheers
Stef

I couldn't see the TZ mini-PF protector in Cols listed TZ protectors - did you use his "Design and Supply Service" to have one made up?

#8983 3 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

gameroom designed a clock board and sells it through Pinball life. I was lucky enough to be a tester. It works great and matches the LED's in my machine.
https://www.pinballlife.com/twilight-zone-clock-pcb-assembly.html

Marco sells them as well. Carpet lighting with 12 LEDs.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CLK001P

#8984 3 years ago

make certain the c-clip is installed, It doesn't work correctly if this is missing or has popped off . . . .

#8985 3 years ago

I may have an extra Ingo clock board available . . .

Quoted from lpeters82:

#8986 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

It's a secure website (HTTPS) however the encryption certificate being used expired on the 20th June 2020.
If you want to view the website, you can click on the "Advanced" button on the warning page displayed and then click on proceed to the website link

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate you looking out. I’ll give that a shot.

#8987 3 years ago
Quoted from Matrixnetuk:

Hey guys Im new to TZ ownership and have been following this thread a while now great job
Ive just recently installed the Ingo Clock, Mini Playfield twisters mod and changed the old magnets along with a few other things
Loving TZ
cheers
Stef
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice. Glad those mini playfield switches got used, I was too lazy/scared to take the mini-PF apart. You did a much better job than I could’ve done I’m sure!

Looks awesome.

#8988 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I couldn't see the TZ mini-PF protector in Cols listed TZ protectors - did you use his "Design and Supply Service" to have one made up?

Hey Manny drop Col a message and say Matrixnetuk sent you ..I posted him my original cardboard one and he re-produced it
its i great piece of kit when you match it up with the other plastic protectors plus i doubt it will ever break its tough as nails.
His web site came in unsafe to me as well so i sent him an email and he responded pretty darned quick.

Hey Durzel..those switch upgrades are amazing and well worth doing ..did take me at least 3 and half hours to complete though lol

Cheers
Stef

#8989 3 years ago

Is there anyone here and willing to burn 9.4hc and send to Australia for me?

#8990 3 years ago
Quoted from MudMuppet:

No.

#8991 3 years ago

He probably doesn’t know any better

#8992 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

He probably doesn’t know any better

True, but also maybe not. Somehow he found out it exists. To find that out,. and NOT hear about the background? .. *shrug* I'm not awake yet to run searches and find the links. Once I've had my coffee.

#8993 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

True, but also maybe not. Somehow he found out it exists. To find that out,. and NOT hear about the background? .. *shrug* I'm not awake yet to run searches and find the links. Once I've had my coffee.

I feel ya! Coffee is vey important

#8994 3 years ago
Quoted from MudMuppet:

Absolutely not. Please read:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-home-roms-news-from-ted-estes

#8995 3 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

I may have an extra Ingo clock board available . . .

PM sent.

#8996 3 years ago

I recently made my own cover for the mini playfield out of clear Lexan.

IMG_9043 (resized).JPGIMG_9043 (resized).JPGIMG_9045 (resized).JPGIMG_9045 (resized).JPG
#8997 3 years ago

Prof Pinball lyonsden also sells them in his pinside shop

#8998 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yep, I did the same thing for mine. It's not that difficult to do.

#8999 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Quoted from Scotty_K:

Yep, I did the same thing for mine. It's not that difficult to do.

What thickness did you guys use - the same as a plastic / plastic protector or thinner (more like the thickness of the original fishpaper)?

#9000 3 years ago
Quoted from MudMuppet:

nope

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 132.00
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/180?hl=davi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.