IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
20240227_093351 (resized).jpg
Eddy board (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 8.44.39 AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 5.00.06 PM (resized).png
IMG_9941 (resized).JPG
IMG_9939 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 302.
#8601 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball13:

I dont know why they dont make the repalcments anymore. There has to still be a market for them.

Quoted from yzfguy:

That's a link to an out of stock item

That search showed the subway proximity sensor (which is out of stock), not the trough sensor - the one you need is here and it is in stock

https://www.tanglestech.com/Twilight-Zone--Trough-Proximity-Eddy-Sensor--Replaces-A-16534-and-A-16528-Switch-26_p_36.html

#8602 3 years ago

Any solutions for managing airballs off the clock target and greed target near the scoop?

I have the Pinball Resource enhanced stand-up targets (http://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm) which I thought were supposed to help with airballs but after a few hundred games I'm getting more airballs than when these targets were new.

Some airballs off the greed target have shot all the way back to the shooter lane!

Thanks!

#8603 3 years ago

Never realized the difficulty with the multiballs ... you need to accurately aim most shots without draining or try to capture and hold ... I would say the most challenging of most games I’ve played . Still a diamond , I love it .

#8604 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Any solutions for managing airballs off the clock target and greed target near the scoop?
I have the Pinball Resource enhanced stand-up targets (http://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm) which I thought were supposed to help with airballs but after a few hundred games I'm getting more airballs than when these targets were new.
Some airballs off the greed target have shot all the way back to the shooter lane!
Thanks!

Firstly check you have the correct flipper coils installed. You can try replacing the foam behind the target with a denser foam (I have even heard of people used old flipper rubbers), this stops the target angling back as much and so stops rebounding the ball on an upward trajectory

#8605 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Thanks!

These helped quite a bit, they absorb the ball a bit.

https://www.pinballdecals.com/TZTargetDecalsPage.html

#8606 3 years ago

Oooooh, give me shelter!

#8607 3 years ago

^^^^^^^^^what does this mean?

#8608 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

^^^^^^^^^what does this mean?

Easter Egg during Fast Lock. For Whirlwind, I think

#8609 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Easter Egg during Fast Lock. For Whirlwind, I think

Close ... it's from Earthshaker

Quotes from older Pat Lawlor pins are heard during "Fast Lock":
The Addams Family: Cousin It blabbing. Hitting lock: Cousin It: "Aaaah!".
Funhouse: "Hey, it´s only pinball!". Hitting lock: Rudy: "Gulp...ptooey!".
Whirlwind: "Return to your homes!". Hitting lock: "Do not panic".
Earthshaker: "It´s sunny drive time!". Hitting lock: "Ooh, Gimme shelter!".
Banzai Run: "Welcome race fans!". Hitting lock: "Go for the hill!".

#8610 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

That blabbing cousin it sound is our favorite. Any time someone gets it, my kids and I mimic it as loud as we can

#8611 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Is the lock quote random, or does it have to do with which previous quote was played last before the lock?

#8612 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is the lock quote random, or does it have to do with which previous quote was played last before the lock?

Yes, it corresponds to when you make the shot.

#8613 3 years ago

When awarded the hitchhiker door panel my game used to countdown the door panels for each hitchhiker. Now it lights up panels but doesn’t count them down.

Anything I should check?

Worked fine and then just stopped, haven’t moved the game or anything recently.

#8614 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

When awarded the hitchhiker door panel my game used to countdown the door panels for each hitchhiker. Now it lights up panels but doesn’t count them down.
Anything I should check?
Worked fine and then just stopped, haven’t moved the game or anything recently.

Software bug. Depending on certain values stored in the RAM, it will count down correctly, count down incorrectly, or not count down at all.

#8615 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Software bug. Depending on certain values stored in the RAM, it will count down correctly, count down incorrectly, or not count down at all.

That's all I needed to know, thanks! Just wanted to make sure something wasn't amiss in a board or wiring.

Is there a way to 'clear' the RAM?

I've noticed it for the last few games and it's been the same for each of these games. It's clearly not a huge deal but it's kind of coo. l

#8616 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

This probably could have been fixed in 9.5 so easily.

I wish that hatchet was buried...

#8617 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Yes! It’s cool to bury the hatchet these days!!!

#8618 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Is there a way to 'clear' the RAM?

I've noticed it for the last few games and it's been the same for each of these games. It's clearly not a huge deal but it's kind of coo. l

No - it's based on current game stats - i.e How many hitchikers, with how many door panels you have lit, etc. (I do not know *exactly* what variables cause it to happen, but it's a per-game situation. Clearing the RAM won't do anything but reset your game back to stock.)

Yup. You'n me both. Now though, with Rick owning all the software, I'd doubt Ted could do anything without it costing him somehow.

#8619 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

No - it's based on current game stats - i.e How many hitchikers, with how many door panels you have lit, etc. (I do not know *exactly* what variables cause it to happen, but it's a per-game situation. Clearing the RAM won't do anything but reset your game back to stock.)

Yup. You'n me both. Now though, with Rick owning all the software, I'd doubt Ted could do anything without it costing him somehow.

Rick could use a little goodwill in the community. Maybe he'd agree to look the other way.

#8620 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Rick could use a little goodwill in the community. Maybe he'd agree to look the other way.

I haven't seen anything recently, but he wasn't really showing any good will towards the community in my experience.

#8621 3 years ago

Just played a game, not a great one, and all worked like it didn't before with hitchhikers.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge on this and letting me know all is 'ok' with my machine!

#8622 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I haven't seen anything recently, but he wasn't really showing any good will towards the community in my experience.

That’s exactly what I meant. Letting Ted do 9.5 would go a little way to rebuilding that rep of his

#8623 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That’s exactly what I meant. Letting Ted do 9.5 would go a little way to rebuilding that rep of his

Aaaah. Gotcha!

#8624 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yeah, still no further info from PPS regarding the Soren ROM thing that happened, whatever that was!

See this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wmd-bally-custom-code-gone#post-5510779

#8625 3 years ago

Yeah, still no further info from PPS regarding the Soren ROM thing that happened, whatever that was!
See this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wmd-bally-custom-code-gone#post-5510779

Oh yeah, I've seen that thread.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8626 3 years ago

Tech question if anyone could help ...
Trouble : balls not loading into shooter lane .
Ckd all switches , no faults anywhere .
Narrowed it down to a defective proximity switch in the trough
(Failing intermittently)
Removed the 2 small boards that hold the sensor . Bench tested and working as designed.
Anyone ever have this problem or know anything about this ?

#8627 3 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Tech question if anyone could help ...
Trouble : balls not loading into shooter lane .
Ckd all switches , no faults anywhere .
Narrowed it down to a defective proximity switch in the trough
(Failing intermittently)
Removed the 2 small boards that hold the sensor . Bench tested and working as designed.
Anyone ever have this problem or know anything about this ?

Solder on the wires to the proximity boards to get them to work all the time. The proximity boards just tell the game if it is a powerball of a regular ball. I think it is a ball shooter lane feeder assembly issue. The proximity boards could be another issue. Do a solenoid test and see if the feeder coil fires also check if the spring fell off.

6AEB8C40-BB97-437A-BC01-F3D8F29F1776 (resized).jpeg6AEB8C40-BB97-437A-BC01-F3D8F29F1776 (resized).jpeg
#8628 3 years ago
Quoted from Parker_tz:

Solder on the wires to the proximity boards to get them to work all the time. The proximity boards just tell the game if it is a powerball of a regular ball. I think it is a ball shooter lane feeder assembly issue. The proximity boards could be another issue. Do a solenoid test and see if the feeder coil fires also check if the spring fell off.[quoted image]

During the solenoid test , it works fine . Starts out fast during the test , gradually adding more time between active test . Ckd the spring and that’s ok . So that proximity switch that detects the ball waiting to be ejected out is just for the PB ?

#8629 3 years ago

Also to add , when it did get activated during play , it seemed like it didn’t have enough force to eject the ball out . It was popping but not enough to eject the ball . Then sometimes it wouldn’t work at all .

#8630 3 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

During the solenoid test , it works fine . Starts out fast during the test , gradually adding more time between active test . Ckd the spring and that’s ok . So that proximity switch that detects the ball waiting to be ejected out is just for the PB ?

Quoted from HC2016:

Also to add , when it did get activated during play , it seemed like it didn’t have enough force to eject the ball out . It was popping but not enough to eject the ball . Then sometimes it wouldn’t work at all .

The trough proximity sensor has nothing to do with the trough switches (that indicate how many balls are in the trough) or the shooter lane feeder assembly (that ejects the ball from the trough to the shooter lane). The role of the trough proximity sensor is to determine whether the first ball in the trough (that is being ejected into the shooter lane) is the power ball - if the sensor doesn't detect a metal ball it is therefore the power ball (the ceramic ball).

In regards to your issue though, check the shooter lane feeder assembly - you might need to replace the coil sleeve (not shown in the manual but 03-7066), also potentially the coil stop on the bracket might be worn down / mushroomed and even the plunger (if worn) may need replacing. The other thing to check is the alignment of the assembly with the ball in the trough - the cam arm (A-8247) may not be striking the ball cleaning to kick it out into the shooter lane.

#8631 3 years ago

Ok thanks fellas .. yes I see now it only detects the PB . I have the sensor and board out and it played fine ( with the exception no PB detection ) The feeder assembly is working fine too . I had a technician inspect it and he says the assembly looks good (connections and solenoid) and there is no binding . It’s working now kicking the ball out very fast with no hesitation . But it’s intermittent so it will happen again . I’m thinking it’s the solenoid also , getting weaker as the game continues to play , but the tech thinks otherwise . During the test mode , is it normal that the solenoids activate quickly then began to have more time between activation ?

#8632 3 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

During the test mode , is it normal that the solenoids activate quickly then began to have more time between activation ?

Yes. This is intentional as to not overheat any coils.

#8633 3 years ago

Thanks for the help .. I found sw #17 in the trough not registering a ball . All the balls in , during sw test showed closed . Only one open was 17 . I tweaked it a lil . Seems to be working now . We’ll see and I hope lol

#8634 3 years ago
40AB62E0-D820-4223-8256-705FFEBA3EA9 (resized).jpeg40AB62E0-D820-4223-8256-705FFEBA3EA9 (resized).jpeg
#8635 3 years ago

So I get the error "check f115, f116, j112 and 12v opto supply". All check out good. What to check next? First I am going to take out INGO's new rainbow clock and install my old clock. I checked all wires to clock and custom opto board and have not found anything. the custum opto has 12vdc with the lit LED.

#8636 3 years ago
Quoted from Boltronix:

So I get the error "check f115, f116, j112 and 12v opto supply". All check out good. What to check next? First I am going to take out INGO's new rainbow clock and install my old clock. I checked all wires to clock and custom opto board and have not found anything. the custum opto has 12vdc with the lit LED.

Check your opto boards. The clock would not affect this, since it is not connected to the opto boards.

#8637 3 years ago

Hello TZ owners,

I have a TZ project that I am hoping to bring back from the dead but I am having trouble locating a few parts. Does anyone know where I could pick up any of the following parts:
1) A Twilight Zone Apron (hoping to go with original if possible)
2) Metal apron guard bar (if not sold an Apron)
3) Right Chute wire chute/ramp assembly (By shooter lane) - A-16056
4) Mini-inside wire chute/ramp assembly (by gumball) - A-16058
5) Small subway chute from skill shot to main subway - 03-8826
6) 6 lamp board - A-16328 (I will use single lamps if needed, but would like it as "stock" as possible)

Please shoot me a PM if you have a lead. I hope to join the TZ club soon-ish

Thank you and stay safe!

#8638 3 years ago

Looking for recommendations for what colors to get for a Titan Rubber kit. Just curious what people are thinking/doing out there. Would love your ideas...

#8639 3 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Looking for recommendations for what colors to get for a Titan Rubber kit. Just curious what people are thinking/doing out there. Would love your ideas...

Yellow, black, blue all look nice. I went all black.

679A9857-5813-49BA-953E-1E949FF95A56 (resized).jpeg679A9857-5813-49BA-953E-1E949FF95A56 (resized).jpeg66EC3DE4-9CEF-4E22-8B9E-53C93FBA65D5 (resized).jpeg66EC3DE4-9CEF-4E22-8B9E-53C93FBA65D5 (resized).jpeg
#8640 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Yellow, black, blue all look nice. I went all black.[quoted image][quoted image]

Okay, that is the first time I have seen the black theme. I like how it compliments the sides as well. Thanks for the pix!

#8641 3 years ago

I went translucent all around

IMG_20200316_200011271 (resized).jpgIMG_20200316_200011271 (resized).jpgIMG_20200316_200732253 (resized).jpgIMG_20200316_200732253 (resized).jpg
#8642 3 years ago

I also did translucent rings and black for the flippers.

#8643 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I also did translucent rings and black for the flippers.

Great minds .....

#8644 3 years ago

Got my 1st legit 3 ball game, no extra ball buy in, LITZ!!!

Had 600M and 9 panels lit after ball 1. Heart was pounding like crazy, knew I had a good game going!!!

Missed LITZ champ by a measly 9M, dang it!

CE72499D-E4FE-40C2-BBA7-21C02F4CD311 (resized).jpegCE72499D-E4FE-40C2-BBA7-21C02F4CD311 (resized).jpeg

#8645 3 years ago

What is the best method for adjusting the slot machine scoop so it hits the right flipper where it should? I had it dialed in and then the weld broke on my scoop so I bought a Mantis. The ball comes out much faster and it makes a bounce against the left slingshot post that has created a new challenge. Here is a video of the latest state.

#8646 3 years ago
Quoted from AD72:

What is the best method for adjusting the slot machine scoop so it hits the right flipper where it should? I had it dialed in and then the weld broke on my scoop so I bought a Mantis. The ball comes out much faster and it makes a bounce against the left slingshot post that has created a new challenge. Here is a video of the latest state.

You should be able to loosen it under the playfield and adjust it slightly to the left so that it goes to the flipper. I have a Mantis too, it's built REAL strong but should still hit the flipper.

#8647 3 years ago
Quoted from AD72:

makes a bounce against the left slingshot post

The angle of the flippers would also affect it.

#8648 3 years ago

Rudy puking is the best ... a diamond touch

#8649 3 years ago

Has anyone heard from Ingo at all lately? I order some things off him in Feb and can't get a hold of him? Thankyou

#8650 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Has anyone heard from Ingo at all lately? I order some things off him in Feb and can't get a hold of him? Thankyou

Yes, had my clock board a couple of weeks ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
There are 15,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/173?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.