IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 305.
#8501 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I have had my lithium in for years. I checked the voltage recently and there was only a slight drop from new! I have lithium in all my pins.

hmm...I'll give them a go again....that was my thought, but recall them not lasting in this game awhile back....

#8502 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

hmm...I'll give them a go again....that was my thought, but recall them not lasting in this game awhile back....

I will check my TZ tomorrow for lithium battery voltage. I will let you know what I find.

#8503 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

While I'm in the thread, what is the average time for battery changeout (alkalines) ? Just changed mine today as I noticed the clock was way off. Had the game for years, but always seem to be running on the edge...
Will use the maintenance log and set my outlook scheduler accordingly....thanks for the help (seems this game runs through them, and not sure if lithium will give noticeable improvement in life on this game).....

Honestly? I don't care how long they COULD last. I replace them every year, to prevent leaks.

#8504 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Honestly? I don't care how long they COULD last. I replace them every year, to prevent leaks.

That's my true question. Sounds like alkalines yearly makes TZ a happy game.

Think I'll be updating my maintenance logs for all my games. NVRAM in some...

How long do the "watch" batteries last? Prudent to change those yearly too?

#8505 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This, I'm not sure. I don't use the coin batteries in anything (yet) except my Gottliebs, and they have been in there a year. I'm curious how long they last in WPC vs. AA's as well, as I have considered converting over.

#8506 4 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I have cold white and the rainbow leds coming, wasn’t sure what would look best with the white clock face, has warm white at the mo which looks ok.
PCB is blue which I haven’t seen before and will match the blue clock case.[quoted image]

My leds are not working well in 3 of the 4. They keep loosing up. Do I need new leds? If so, where did you buy yours?

#8507 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

While I'm in the thread, what is the average time for battery changeout (alkalines) ? Just changed mine today as I noticed the clock was way off. Had the game for years, but always seem to be running on the edge...
Will use the maintenance log and set my outlook scheduler accordingly....thanks for the help (seems this game runs through them, and not sure if lithium will give noticeable improvement in life on this game).....

My TZ has lithium batteries in for over 3 years. The voltage is still at 100%. Not going to replace a battery that does not leak just because it is old.
No age discrimination here.

#8508 4 years ago

I had the oddest thing happen to me while streaming this past weekend, and I cannot explain it. Lucky I was streaming so it was all captured on video:

https://www.twitch.tv/abpinball/clip/EnticingBombasticKiwiPartyTime

Basically between balls I was moving the machine to get it centered on camera again, which gave me multiple dangers - instead of tilting though, my game ended outright and a new one started! I thought perhaps it was a slam tilt but I experimented more and a slam tilt is very obvious, shows diagonal lines on screen.

Any ideas what happened here? Almost feels like a code bug or something. It does not appear to be a game reset as it didn’t go through the startup test, and besides it would be super odd for the reset to happen while no coils are firing (low power draw). Game is rock solid too and has never done this again.

#8509 4 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

I had the oddest thing happen to me while streaming this past weekend, and I cannot explain it. Lucky I was streaming so it was all captured on video:
https://www.twitch.tv/abpinball/clip/EnticingBombasticKiwiPartyTime
Basically between balls I was moving the machine to get it centered on camera again, which gave me multiple dangers - instead of tilting though, my game ended outright and a new one started! I thought perhaps it was a slam tilt but I experimented more and a slam tilt is very obvious, shows diagonal lines on screen.
Any ideas what happened here? Almost feels like a code bug or something. It does not appear to be a game reset as it didn’t go through the startup test, and besides it would be super odd for the reset to happen while no coils are firing (low power draw). Game is rock solid too and has never done this again.

1st: what is your credit dot?
2nd: Unable to seen what you were doing, but being bent over like that, it's possible something just held down the start button for 2 seconds, restarting the game.

#8510 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I checked this the day after - it was just “time & date not set”, no other errors.

Since the start button is recessed it seems unlikely it was reset that way... a puzzler eh!

#8511 4 years ago

Anyone happen to have a playfield GI count number written down? I am doing a manual LED swap instead of a kit, and this is my last game don't want to overbuy. Pretty sure I have finally decided on Comet sunlight frosted, and mostly color matching in inserts. Backbox and coin door are done with sunlight as well. Just don't want to overbuy since I doubt I'll need too many extras after I finish this swap.

#8512 4 years ago

Bug in the code? Definitely three tilts as the lights went out that many times. Slam tilt seems unlikely given the amount of force needed to actually do that.

Seems that the game just didn’t handle those two tilt events during the bonus presentation.

Both tilt and slam tilt would properly stop the machine from doing anything for a few seconds if activated properly.

What software version?

#8513 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Seems that the game just didn’t handle those two tilt events during the bonus presentation

But why did another game start automatically? That wouldn’t happen if it was a “regular” tilt. Also doesn’t sound likely all three tilts were attributed to ball 3.

#8514 4 years ago

hey TZ club - anyone know of a place/person to get reproductions of these lock bar stickers?

TZ decals (resized).jpgTZ decals (resized).jpg
#8515 4 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

hey TZ club - anyone know of a place/person to get reproductions of these lock bar stickers?[quoted image]

I think Marco sells some of them.

#8516 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I think Marco sells some of them.

Yep. I just bought 5 sheets. They aren't very expensive either. They also sell a backbox 'warning' decal set. I've often wanted to replace my "inspected by" decals with the actual names of the inspectors - never found them in mass production though.

#8517 4 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

I checked this the day after - it was just “time & date not set”, no other errors.
Since the start button is recessed it seems unlikely it was reset that way... a puzzler eh!

True, but you'd be amazed at how easy it is to 'accidently' have something press against it - like a phone or wallet in a pocket, fold in the jeans, or belt loop or something. Seen it happen a million times.

#8518 4 years ago

Just finished up putting some Cliffy’s on my TZ and got rewarded with my 1st LITZ and overall high score on the game- awesome!!!

Full disclosure I did have to buy in as I missed LITZ by one panel and I just couldn’t not buy in...

DA03077F-ACE0-4AB2-A0A4-C4F7CB4D6E71 (resized).jpegDA03077F-ACE0-4AB2-A0A4-C4F7CB4D6E71 (resized).jpeg
#8519 4 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Just finished up putting some Cliffy’s on my TZ and got rewarded with my 1st LITZ and overall high score on the game- awesome!!!
Full disclosure I did have to buy in as I missed LITZ by one panel and I just couldn’t not buy in...[quoted image]

Thanks for your honesty, but booooooooo!

#8520 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Thanks for your honesty, but booooooooo!

Haha! Saying you are a good guy, but you're not ....

#8521 4 years ago

Not mine, but hard to find kicker parts on e-bay for your TZ !

Just the arm is available in a separate auction, same seller

ebay.com link: itm

#8523 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's my true question. Sounds like alkalines yearly makes TZ a happy game.
Think I'll be updating my maintenance logs for all my games. NVRAM in some...

2 years approximately. I change them every year on the first week of January. Machine switched on of course.

#8524 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

2nd: Unable to seen what you were doing, but being bent over like that, it's possible something just held down the start button for 2 seconds, restarting the game.

1. credit dot. In display an extra dot is being displayed when something is wrong with the machine (switch is not getting activated for a long time for instance). An operator can now see if a problem is with that machine without switching it off and on again.
You will also get that "dong dong dong" sound when you switch on the machine but with several machines on the floor it's not always obvious which machine is broken

(Although a pinball machine is always "only temporarily fixed")

2. Version 9.4H provides that "feature" out of the box. Now you want to disable that if your lovely kids decide to press that button once you're lost in the zone.

#8525 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

1. credit dot. In display an extra dot is being displayed when something is wrong with the machine (switch is not getting activated for a long time for instance). An operator can now see if a problem is with that machine without switching it off and on again.
You will also get that "dong dong dong" sound when you switch on the machine but with several machines on the floor it's not always obvious which machine is broken
(Although a pinball machine is always "only temporarily fixed")

2. Version 9.4H provides that "feature" out of the box. Now you want to disable that if your lovely kids decide to press that button once you're lost in the zone.

Uh, yes. Thank you for that. I am more than familiar with those features. I wasn't asking for a definition, but asking what was on his machine.

Quoted from HarrieD:

And this has been around a loooooottttt longer than 9.4H.

#8526 4 years ago

^^^^^^
This guy

#8527 4 years ago

I think the likeliest explanation to what happened to my game is simply the code not handling a tilt at that exact moment in time - strongest evidence of this, as Durzel pointed out above, is the lights flashing three times - two warnings, next one would have been a tilt. If you watch the clip closely, by the time the game restarts I've actually moved away from the game, but the warnings keep coming as the bob moves around.

#8528 4 years ago

Fullfilled the special wish for a guy from Canada - first RED clock board ever produced - I think, will look good in a red clock housing ...

Take care and stay healthy my friends!!!!!!!

RED Board TOP (resized).jpgRED Board TOP (resized).jpg

RED Board BOTTOM (resized).jpgRED Board BOTTOM (resized).jpg

#8529 4 years ago
Quoted from german-pinball:

Fullfilled the special wish for a guy from Canada - first RED clock board ever produced - I think, will look good in a red clock housing ...
Take care and stay healthy my friends!!!!!!!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice, any idea where to buy the leds that fit in there? Mine are not working properly

#8530 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Nice, any idea where to buy the leds that fit in there? Mine are not working properly

You can get them from me. What problems do you have, with what colors?? Do you have my board and when did you buy it???

#8531 4 years ago

You can get them from me. What problems do you have, with what colors?? Do you have my board and when did you buy it???

They are red and it came with my TZ so not sure where the board came from but they are little squares with 4 prongs. They seem loose and will light up if I get them just right but the vibration loosens them or something. You can see the left only works and usually it’s just the top left consistently

7A16ED6A-FA31-4F9F-8420-B6EB0F8226AB (resized).jpeg7A16ED6A-FA31-4F9F-8420-B6EB0F8226AB (resized).jpeg
#8532 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

They are red and it came with my TZ so not sure where the board came from but they are little squares with 4 prongs. They seem loose and will light up if I get them just right but the vibration loosens them or something. You can see the left only works and usually it’s just the top left consistently[quoted image]

Can you make a very good photo of your clock board, so that I can see the top of the board. I cannot remeber, that you bought my board. You must not take you board out, try to make a good photo through the playfield glass, I mus see, if on the top left of the board there a 8 little control LEDs!!! If these LEDs are not there, it is not my board!!!! Nethertheless, I will help you, to get your red LEDs ...

- Ingo

#8533 4 years ago

Looks like yours

529D9EB7-9281-4008-8A11-430F27D332D7 (resized).jpeg529D9EB7-9281-4008-8A11-430F27D332D7 (resized).jpeg
#8534 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Looks like yours[quoted image]

Thanks!!!

Yes, that is my board.

Mightbe, that the sockets have become a bit week over time. Please take the 2 right LEDs out and gently bend the 4 legs of the LEDs slightly outwards for 1/2 mm or so and then insert the LEDs again, these should then sit a little more firmly and securely in the sockets.

If that doesn't help, I will solder 4 new sockets for you for free after the end of the covid-19 crisis. But please try to do the little bending first and post a photo ... I want the four red LEDs see lightning

#8535 4 years ago

Thanks!!!
Yes, that is my board.
Mightbe, that the sockets have become a bit week over time. Please take the 2 right LEDs out and gently bend the 4 legs of the LEDs slightly outwards for 1/2 mm or so and then insert the LEDs again, these should then sit a little more firmly and securely in the sockets.
If that doesn't help, I will solder 4 new sockets for you for free after the end of the covid-19 crisis. But please try to do the little bending first and post a photo ... I want the four red LEDs see lightning

I can’t get them, I’ve tried turning them every way possible and separating the legs. The one that works I can move to any spot and it works every time. Is there a secret on how they sit?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8536 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I can’t get them, I’ve tried turning them every way possible and separating the legs. The one that works I can move to any spot and it works every time. Is there a secret on how they sit?[quoted image]

The LEDs should have a notched edge and this must show to the LEFT side for all LEDs, imprint on board is "C"!!!

Your LAMP 4, that actually lights up, is NOT installed correct!!!!!!!

Attached is the installation guide!!!
Installation Guide INGO TZ-Clock-Board NOVEMBER 2014.pdfInstallation Guide INGO TZ-Clock-Board NOVEMBER 2014.pdf

#8537 4 years ago

Last shameless post...need 12 votes in under 4.5 hours!!!

#8538 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Last shameless post...need 12 votes in under 4.5 hours!!!

Voted earlier... TZ for the win!

#8539 4 years ago

The LEDs should have a notched edge and this must show to the LEFT side for all LEDs, imprint on board is "C"!!!
Your LAMP 4, that actually lights up, is NOT installed correct!!!!!!!
Attached is the installation guide!!!
[quoted image]

I got 3 out of 4 by putting solder on the legs but the 4th keeps flickering. Do you have a site or no a place in the states to order those leds? The good one I can put in any spot and it works every time so might be easier just to buy them. Just looked over the the 1st is flickers too. Please let me know. Thanks!

#8540 4 years ago

Clock question... my clock seems to slow down and sometimes stop during modes. It doesn’t always do this but at least 3 times in last 2 days it’s completely stopped before a mode was done. Next mode it normally starts and thus far it always checks out during start up.

Is this a sign of pending clock board doom?

Any clock board COVID specials happening?!

#8541 4 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Clock question... my clock seems to slow down and sometimes stop during modes. It doesn’t always do this but at least 3 times in last 2 days it’s completely stopped before a mode was done. Next mode it normally starts and thus far it always checks out during start up.
Is this a sign of pending clock board doom?
Any clock board COVID specials happening?!

What does it do during a clock test?

#8542 4 years ago

Fully restoring my TZ, and looking to add a little bling.

Does anyone have a spare RED or BLUE clock housing they might be hoarding they wanna get rid of?

#8543 4 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

my clock seems to slow down and sometimes stop during modes. It doesn’t always do this but at least 3 times in last 2 days it’s completely stopped before a mode was done. Next mode it normally starts and thus far it always checks out during start up.

Maybe the motor relay board or a connector/header. The clock board has the optos and lamps, which should not affect the motor speed.

#8544 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

What does it do during a clock test?

Haven’t run a separate clock test. Will do that later today.

At startup it spins forward and back just like normal, no speed difference at all.

#8545 4 years ago

Ran a clock test - no issues that I can tell.

Ran forward and backward both slow and fast without any issue. Triggered all the right switches at the right time.

#8546 4 years ago

Anyone know where to obtain a GLM Switch kit?

#8547 4 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

Anyone know where to obtain a GLM Switch kit?

If I remember from a number of pages back there is a Pinsider (Twister I think) that is making them now. GLM isn't making them anymore.
Twister's kit - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/129#post-4625780

Here's another option
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/electronics/boards-display-boards/twilight-zone-mini-playfield-switch-kit-tz-mps-kit/

#8548 4 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

If I remember from a number of pages back there is a Pinsider (Twister I think) that is making them now. GLM isn't making them anymore.
Twister's kit - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/129#post-4625780
Here's another option
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/electronics/boards-display-boards/twilight-zone-mini-playfield-switch-kit-tz-mps-kit/

(2nd option is sold out)

#8549 4 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Here's another option

Quoted from Twister:

Yes, I have the mini switch kits.
But at the moment we have a problem with shipping to US. Shipping from germany to US is not possible because of corona.
I hope this will end in some weeks.....
Shipping to canada at the moment only with the xpensive DHL shipping
Sascha

I have the set from Twister and can say that they are excellent! Don't hesitate to purchase his kit when he is able to ship again.

#8550 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I got 3 out of 4 by putting solder on the legs but the 4th keeps flickering. Do you have a site or no a place in the states to order those leds? The good one I can put in any spot and it works every time so might be easier just to buy them. Just looked over the the 1st is flickers too. Please let me know. Thanks!

These should work for you:

ebay.com link: 100pcs Piranha Flat Top LED Diode Red 4pin Super Flux Lights

After Covid-19 crisis you will gte bthe red ones I use ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.50
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/171?hl=nysbadmk8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.