IMG_5105 (resized).jpeg
twilight-zone-escape-clause-youre-the-devil-1_resize.gif
IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
20240227_093351 (resized).jpg
Eddy board (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 8.44.39 AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 5.00.06 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,099 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 302.
#8401 4 years ago

Does anyone have mirror blades installed in their TZ? Do you like it? I'm thinking about it b/c I'm restoring mine and have a set I could put in there. Thoughts?

#8402 4 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Does anyone have mirror blades installed in their TZ? Do you like it? I'm thinking about it b/c I'm restoring mine and have a set I could put in there. Thoughts?

looks amazing. I have black blades in mine and they look awesome, but regular ones do as well. there are photos in the thread somewhere -

#8403 4 years ago

My TZ came with mirror blades. I would rather have art blades. But I will keep the mirrors in it. Some like them better. They do look good.

#8404 4 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

I have mirror blades in mine and they make a huge difference. In my opinion they are a much better option than any of the blade art sets I have seen.

Some TZ pics here (these are the ones I ended up buying): http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

#8405 4 years ago

Can somebody get these cards down to the correct size? Pretty please.

TZ.jpgTZ.jpg
#8406 4 years ago

I finished swapping my mini playfield and the magnets are switched. When I hit the left button the right magnet works and same for the right to the left magnet. The only thing I can think of is somehow I accidentally reversed the magnets when I moved them over? Of maybe the two plugs that are reversed that are the same for the mini playfield(colors match so I doubt it is that. The playfield was a complete BITCH to get back in and everything right on. I pray I don’t have to take it out and check under the mini playfield. here’s a pic of the finished product back in the game with twisters switch kit installed.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8407 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I finished swapping my mini playfield and the magnets are switched. When I hit the left button the right magnet works and same for the right to the left magnet. The only thing I can think of is somehow I accidentally reversed the magnets when I moved them over? Of maybe the two plugs that are reversed that are the same for the mini playfield(colors match so I doubt it is that. The playfield was a complete BITCH to get back in and everything right on. I pray I don’t have to take it out and check under the mini playfield. here’s a pic of the finished product back in the game with twisters switch kit installed.[quoted image]

Plugs switched. Sorry Dude

#8408 4 years ago

How easy is it to get those signs off? They're riveted on the OEM ones

#8409 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

You’ll have to drill them. Interesting - mine were screwed on as well. Maybe another difference between sample games?

#8410 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I finished swapping my mini playfield and the magnets are switched. When I hit the left button the right magnet works and same for the right to the left magnet. The only thing I can think of is somehow I accidentally reversed the magnets when I moved them over? Of maybe the two plugs that are reversed that are the same for the mini playfield(colors match so I doubt it is that. The playfield was a complete BITCH to get back in and everything right on. I pray I don’t have to take it out and check under the mini playfield. here’s a pic of the finished product back in the game with twisters switch kit installed.[quoted image]

It shouldn't be difficult to remove and re-install the mini playfield. Take your time, feeding the connectors through the playfield is the tricky part - do them one at a time. I can have mine out and back in in under 5 minutes.

Quoted from Durzel:

Yeah, have to drill them which isn't hard to do with them out of the machine.

#8411 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Look back a page. We were just talking about replacing rivets with button screws. Getting rivets off is super easy. Just drill off the back part a bit and it falls right out. Unless you are a purist, just use the button screws. They look almost exactly like rivets and easily removable in the future.

#8412 4 years ago

So here is my update. I had somehow switched the two magnets. When I got under there I realized also that by doing that I was also not able to get all the wires flush and that was causing a clearance issue that made it hard to connect the mini playfield to not mount easily. The second time around was a piece of cake and all is well now. I am getting into playfield swaps and gaining confidence and experience every time I do something like this. Ive learned a valuable lesson from this swap. Be patient and check and double check all of your work. I made some really sloppy dumb mistakes that could have been avoided by taking more time. I also now k ow that drilling holes and or dimpling a playfield and doing the pop bumper countersink is a piece of cake. I used to be terrified of drilling on a playfield. I’m not sure why people seem to have trouble with clear chipping mine go so smooth and clean.

#8413 4 years ago

I joined the club!!! Got this last weekend and sold my POTC less than 24 hours after picking this up.

Let me know what you think, looks pretty clean to me!

Spent this morning adding some minor mods to it.
-Added Gumballs
-Gumball light kit from Pinbits
-Reinforced targets for clock and slot machine
-Direct solder wires for switch 26 powerball sensor
-PETG protectors under plastic by flippers
-cleaning and waxing Playfield
-new ninja chrome balls
-will add Cliffy’s protectors soon

77229064-52DD-4DC2-B097-24B0055C9D6E (resized).jpeg77229064-52DD-4DC2-B097-24B0055C9D6E (resized).jpegAFE83BE1-1ECC-4092-96DC-391B9C91B556 (resized).jpegAFE83BE1-1ECC-4092-96DC-391B9C91B556 (resized).jpegE35DFE85-E690-4012-80B8-AEBE1C1BEA60 (resized).jpegE35DFE85-E690-4012-80B8-AEBE1C1BEA60 (resized).jpeg
08674C4F-3CCE-4723-BE04-D289ED8C8D35 (resized).jpeg08674C4F-3CCE-4723-BE04-D289ED8C8D35 (resized).jpeg090C38D9-5ED3-4E62-A287-874941D2843D (resized).jpeg090C38D9-5ED3-4E62-A287-874941D2843D (resized).jpeg40CC2967-F46B-4388-B9DD-94D1BEAEFD33 (resized).jpeg40CC2967-F46B-4388-B9DD-94D1BEAEFD33 (resized).jpeg
75A72746-86BD-408C-9292-76A58D64C292 (resized).jpeg75A72746-86BD-408C-9292-76A58D64C292 (resized).jpeg

#8414 4 years ago

Wow...nice condition !
Was it a HUO Game?

#8415 4 years ago
Quoted from harig:

Wow...nice condition !
Was it a HUO Game?

Honestly don’t know. It came from a local shop that was going out of business and they didn’t recall the history on it.

I can’t think it’s been routed as the condition is just too nice!

#8416 4 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

I joined the club!!! Got this last weekend and sold my POTC less than 24 hours after picking this up.
Let me know what you think, looks pretty clean to me!
Spent this morning adding some minor mods to it.
-Added Gumballs
-Gumball light kit from Pinbits
-Reinforced targets for clock and slot machine
-Direct solder wires for switch 26 powerball sensor
-PETG protectors under plastic by flippers
-cleaning and waxing Playfield
-new ninja chrome balls
-will add Cliffy’s protectors soon
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Ninja Chrome balls don't deal with magnets very well from what I hear. And this game has a few magnets.

That aside, welcome to the club!

#8417 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Ninja Chrome balls don't deal with magnets very well from what I hear. And this game has a few magnets.

I've heard that as well, but I've used the Ninja's for a couple years now and haven't noticed any issues in my TZ. I may have changed them out once during that time as I put lot of games on it for awhile... still do from time to time.

#8418 3 years ago

Hey there guys.. I have a TZ that at times the sound stars to blare as loud as it can, the volume adjust doesn’t lower the volume either. Sometimes the music and sound from the game is blaring, and others it’s like the sound is stuck and is blaring loudly, it will remain this way until the end on the ball that was in play at the time of said blaring. It seems to happen when I’m in multiball or Litz.. not sure where to go from here! Thank you for any help.

#8419 3 years ago

Anyone selling their TZ in the Harrisburg/Lancaster PA area?

#8420 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I've heard this as well but figured new balls were better than what was in the game. In talking to the owner of Ball Baron his advise was to try out the Ninja chrome balls as they aren't always affected by the magnets, just in certain games. Worst case the balls become magnetized and start sticking to each other in the ball through.

#8421 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcal:

Hey there guys.. I have a TZ that at times the sound stars to blare as loud as it can, the volume adjust doesn’t lower the volume either. Sometimes the music and sound from the game is blaring, and others it’s like the sound is stuck and is blaring loudly, it will remain this way until the end on the ball that was in play at the time of said blaring. It seems to happen when I’m in multiball or Litz.. not sure where to go from here! Thank you for any help.

I had a similar situation with my machine... I'm guessing that your sound board is going. I sent my board out to Rob Anthony (pinsider Borygard) and he repaired it for me. No issues since. Not sure what his schedule is like currently but you could reach out to him.

#8422 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcal:

Considering it is an intermittent issue, I would start by reseating ribbon cables and connectors in the back box.

#8423 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Absolutely. Saved me a ton of trouble on replacing a few plastics on TZ. I bought a bunch of ebay for cheap a while back. Even on something very visible like the signs on the upper pf, you will never notice the difference between these and rivets.

Would you happen to have a link for those specific screws?

#8424 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Would you happen to have a link for those specific screws?

I purchased a 4-40 button head screw (need a hex driver as I recall) with a matching locknut ...got em on ebay (stainless steel)

#8425 3 years ago

When ever the gum-ball diverter fires during gameplay it makes a very loud Gragrtger sound. During the Solenoid test it does not make the noise but during the test the coil does not hold open so It had to do with the diverter being held open. However during gameplay it fires every time and is consistent with the bad noise it only fails to fire after LITZ. Is the Solenoid bad? I am someone who gets lost in zone in one of every 3 games I play. After the lost in zone is completed only half the time the gumball diverted opens so it takes 4-5 tries to refill the gumball machine rather Then 3. It is annoying to have to wait so long after a LITZ. Is this an issue with the diverter Solenoid? Should I replace the coil?
Thank you, Parker

#8426 3 years ago
Quoted from Parker_tz:

When ever the gum-ball diverter fires during gameplay it makes a very loud Gragrtger sound. During the Solenoid test it does not make the noise but during the test the coil does not hold open so It had to do with the diverter being held open. However during gameplay it fires every time and is consistent with the bad noise it only fails to fire after LITZ. Is the Solenoid bad? I am someone who gets lost in zone in one of every 3 games I play. After the lost in zone is completed only half the time the gumball diverted opens so it takes 4-5 tries to refill the gumball machine rather Then 3. It is annoying to have to wait so long after a LITZ. Is this an issue with the diverter Solenoid? Should I replace the coil?
Thank you, Parker

I would take the whole mech apart, clean, and reassemble. Replace parts that look worn.

It's very rare that a coil actually goes bad. Likely, something else is causing it to stick or be stuck.

#8427 3 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Anyone selling their TZ in the Harrisburg/Lancaster PA area?

I may have a line on one for you in Allentown, very reputable seller (one of my best friends) after the apocalypse is over. Should be in great shape too. He's had it a long time and is looking to remodel, may need a couple small fixes IIRC. Let me know if interested and what you're looking to pay for a nice condition machine. Don't believe he put any mods in but I will find out whatever you want to know.

#8428 3 years ago

Weak flipper final update, what I did by reseating the flipper pcb did the trick. No problems for a month now thanks guys

#8430 3 years ago

Anyone have a set of mini playfield hidden switches for sale? Had them on a previous TZ and I like the look.

#8431 3 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Anyone have a set of mini playfield hidden switches for sale? Had them on a previous TZ and I like the look.

"Twister" in Germany is making these kits, just ordered one from him.

#8432 3 years ago
Quoted from mac2444:

"Twister" in Germany is making these kits, just ordered one from him.

Thank you - found it.

#8433 3 years ago

Twisters kit is fantastic. I just swapped out my mini playfield with a new cpr and twisters kit and it looks and functions perfectly.

#8434 3 years ago

Link to user Twister? Or site? My search came back zero.

#8435 3 years ago

Twister is a pinsider search him up on pinside and send him a email thought pinside.
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/twister

#8436 3 years ago

Yes, I have the mini switch kits.
But at the moment we have a problem with shipping to US. Shipping from germany to US is not possible because of corona.
I hope this will end in some weeks.....
Shipping to canada at the moment only with the xpensive DHL shipping

Sascha

#8437 3 years ago

Are the mirrored clock face decals available anywhere, or anyone know the best place to get the white prototype style decal? I have an ingo board coming with color change LEDs and a new clock face, and I think I'd like to change it up while I have it all apart.

#8438 3 years ago

Does anyone have a repro TZ playfield they would sell

Or a clock ?

Thanks

Darren

#8439 3 years ago

Just switched to 9.4h from 9.2 and I'm liking it but having something odd happen. During the player piano animation and from start of multiball to the door explosion every light in the back box flickers really fast. No other times, not litz, not slot machine etc...Those are the only 2 times I've seen it. Never happened on 9.2, wondering if anyone else has this.

#8440 3 years ago

What high score do you need to get to allow it to register on the DMD?

I’m running 9.4H and just got a score of 730M (my best game yet and one shot from LITZ, ugh) but it didn’t let me register this. Then got a score of 600M still no high score entry.

Neither score is high enough for the buy in HSTD but is for the other list. HSTD are just the default, factory scores loaded on the 9.4H ROM.

ROM was purchased from Pinbits so would think it’s a good ROM burn.

Thanks!

#8441 3 years ago

I had the same high score issue with 9.4H. Tried a bunch of things but I think the issue ended up being the grand champion default high score was lower than the other 4. "fixed" by manually setting the default high scores low and in order, like 10k, 20k, 30k, 40k, and the GC at 50k. Then a high score reset.

#8442 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

I’m running 9.4H and just got a score of 730M (my best game yet and one shot from LITZ, ugh) but it didn’t let me register this. Then got a score of 600M still no high score entry.
Neither score is high enough for the buy in HSTD but is for the other list. HSTD are just the default, factory scores loaded on the 9.4H ROM.
Thanks!

This was going to be my second question as I just installed the rom from pinbits yesterday and didn't know why my score didn't register.

#8443 3 years ago

Hi Guys,
I'm in a topper mood
Where I can buy this topper in US? is Out of stock here:
https://www.ecflipp.fr/en/pedretti-special/4379-topper-twilight-zone.html

Ps: I need something to do..

topper-twilight-zone (resized).jpgtopper-twilight-zone (resized).jpg
#8444 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Thanks!

I’ve tried everything in 9.4H to get mine to register and nothing has worked.

#8445 3 years ago
Quoted from misterman:

Just switched to 9.4h from 9.2 and I'm liking it but having something odd happen. During the player piano animation and from start of multiball to the door explosion every light in the back box flickers really fast. No other times, not litz, not slot machine etc...Those are the only 2 times I've seen it. Never happened on 9.2, wondering if anyone else has this.

Do you have dim illumination enabled and led bulbs? I could be wrong but think 9.4h has updates for leds.

#8446 3 years ago

Those with High Score issues, can you PM me? There's a link, but I'm not sure what it is yet and want to be able to pin it down.

Quoted from jawjaw:

Do you have dim illumination enabled and led bulbs? I could be wrong but think 9.4h has updates for leds.

No, 9.4H was made before LEDs were a thing. You can manually patch it using that patcher that's out there, but raw 9.4H didn't change anything for LEDs.

#8447 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Those with High Score issues, can you PM me? There's a link, but I'm not sure what it is yet and want to be able to pin it down.

No, 9.4H was made before LEDs were a thing. You can manually patch it using that patcher that's out there, but raw 9.4H didn't change anything for LEDs.

Sent you a PM... thanks for helping!

#8448 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Good to know. Thought I heard that somewhere. I have leds in mine with dim illumination enabled and it seems to handle it fairly well. Not perfect but no flickering, ghosting, or any of that sort of thing I've seen on other games. Maybe mine was patched at some point.

#8449 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Good to know. Thought I heard that somewhere. I have leds in mine with dim illumination enabled and it seems to handle it fairly well. Not perfect but no flickering, ghosting, or any of that sort of thing I've seen on other games. Maybe mine was patched at some point.

The GI OCD product fixes that. Not the cheapest, but it definitely solves the specific issue of using LEDs in the GI of WPC games and therefore enabling correct GI dimming. Or just use bulbs!

http://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=24

My TZ uses the LED OCD and GI OCD boards - because i'm an LED person, and i don't want any compromise in my lighting effects.

#8450 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

The GI OCD product fixes that. Not the cheapest, but it definitely solves the specific issue of using LEDs in the GI of WPC games and therefore enabling correct GI dimming. Or just use bulbs!
http://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=24
My TZ uses the LED OCD and GI OCD boards - because i'm an LED person, and i don't want any compromise in my lighting effects.

Definitely the best approach.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lebanon, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,099 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/169 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.