IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
20240227_093351 (resized).jpg
Eddy board (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 8.44.39 AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 5.00.06 PM (resized).png
IMG_9941 (resized).JPG
IMG_9939 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 302.
#8351 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

And riveting - I had to send mine off to get done as I don’t have a rivet gun.

Think I used some M4 socket button screws and equivalent unlock nuts underneath. In the grand scheme of things they don’t look out of place and were a shit load easier than riveting!
B5463C15-05F6-45D2-ACC2-A9EADA4D97DE (resized).jpegB5463C15-05F6-45D2-ACC2-A9EADA4D97DE (resized).jpeg

C19B789A-7C81-4E78-B337-1D5DDD978E8E (resized).jpegC19B789A-7C81-4E78-B337-1D5DDD978E8E (resized).jpeg
#8352 4 years ago

I would recommend those screws. Riveting sucked, and mine did not come out looking as nice as that when you look close.

Well, I've started reading from page 1 and I'm still only on page 90.
I'd like version 9.4H, I think, but don't have a rom burner. Apparently, I can replace this chip and leave the others (sound) as is. Does anyone here offer this for sale? Please pm me and I will PayPal asap. Thanks. I am having so much fun being stuck home playing this game

#8353 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I would recommend those screws. Riveting sucked, and mine did not come out looking as nice as that when you look close.
Well, I've started reading from page 1 and I'm still only on page 90.
I'd like version 9.4H, I think, but don't have a rom burner. Apparently, I can replace this chip and leave the others (sound) as is. Does anyone here offer this for sale? Please pm me and I will PayPal asap. Thanks. I am having so much fun being stuck home playing this game

http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=ROMS369

Costs about $20

#8354 4 years ago

Thank you. I actually just ordered from Matt's basement arcade.

#8355 4 years ago

Hello guys! Does anyone have a nice original translite that would part with? Just drop me a PM thanks!

#8356 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Think I used some M4 socket button screws and equivalent unlock nuts underneath. In the grand scheme of things they don’t look out of place and were a shit load easier than riveting!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Absolutely. Saved me a ton of trouble on replacing a few plastics on TZ. I bought a bunch of ebay for cheap a while back. Even on something very visible like the signs on the upper pf, you will never notice the difference between these and rivets.

#8357 4 years ago

Anywhere the OG slot machine mod is available with lights and spinning reels? Unobtanium?
I'm in full on honeymoon phase and cooped up in the house, so if anyone is stripping a TZ of mods, I may be your customer

#8358 4 years ago

Hi do you still have thee sale on the blue clock boards

#8359 4 years ago

If I was to buy a high power interlock switch harness would it work in a early production tz running 9.4h ROMs. Would both the message pop up and the coils disable or no?
Thank you Parker

#8360 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Anywhere the OG slot machine mod is available with lights and spinning reels? Unobtanium?
I'm in full on honeymoon phase and cooped up in the house, so if anyone is stripping a TZ of mods, I may be your customer

I don't have one for sale but my TZ came with it and I find that the reels don't really spin much or well, anyone else have this issue? Easy fix?

#8361 4 years ago
Quoted from Parker_tz:

If I was to buy a high power interlock switch harness would it work in a early production tz running 9.4h ROMs. Would both the message pop up and the coils disable or no?
Thank you Parker

No TZ firmwares show the 'High Power Interlock' messaThe coils WILL disable, yes, but you won't get a message on the screen.

#8362 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I don't have one for sale but my TZ came with it and I find that the reels don't really spin much or well, anyone else have this issue? Easy fix?

You should be able to bend the metal holder down slightly. However the reels turn from the ball touching them so you could end up slowing down the ball adversely or it getting stuck completely.

#8363 4 years ago

Ok, I'm gonna duck for cover after asking this..... I'm a new TZ owner, and just finished reading this entire thread as I'm stuck home. I love the game, but can't honestly say I understand the function/purpose of the clock. It looks cool, yes, and I have the ingo board enroute, but I don't really get what it is telling me.

#8364 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Ok, I'm gonna duck for cover after asking this..... I'm a new TZ owner, and just finished reading this entire thread as I'm stuck home. I love the game, but can't honestly say I understand the function/purpose of the clock. It looks cool, yes, and I have the ingo board enroute, but I don't really get what it is telling me.

The Time!
In Attract Mode, it can indicate the current time. During gameplay, it counts down timers for various rounds and modes, and is used in special ways in some rounds

#8365 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

The Time!
In Attract Mode, it can indicate the current time. During gameplay, it counts down timers for various rounds and modes, and is used in special ways in some rounds

I've seen it go backwards to 6 o clock for a mode, and I see the current time displayed in attract, I just thought maybe there was a little more to it somehow. Kind of a big toy for something ya never really.have to look at. I'm hoping the color changing LEDs on my ingo board will at least jazz it up.

#8366 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

The Time!

Clock Chaos is one where the clock moves and when you hit the clock target it awards you what the clock is pointing at. Sometimes it just spins like it does in the TZ tv show intro. It's a cool feature but to be honest I never look at it. However, I do like to make sure that everything in my games works properly including the clock.

#8367 4 years ago

Who has time to pay attention to the clock with everything going on? I can’t!

#8368 4 years ago

I am in the process of repopulating my upper playfield after swapping a new one in. I got Twisters switch kit and it’s been laying around for awile now. Did it come with instructions? If not does anyone know what exactly has to be done with all the parts? I can do the work no problem but without instructions I’m pretty worthless. I would appreciate any help I can get figuring this out. I can see the pads on the switches for the wires but what are the com, no and no pads for?

#8369 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Who has time to pay attention to the clock with everything going on? I can’t!

Cool, just thought I might be missing something obvious to everyone else and missing out on something.

#8370 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Clock Chaos is one where the clock moves and when you hit the clock target it awards you what the clock is pointing at. Sometimes it just spins like it does in the TZ tv show intro. It's a cool feature but to be honest I never look at it. However, I do like to make sure that everything in my games works properly including the clock.

In clock Chaos, doesn't it change the direction of the clock endlessly until it times out? So If you keep hitting the clock target you can keep it going no?

#8371 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

In clock Chaos, doesn't it change the direction of the clock endlessly until it times out? So If you keep hitting the clock target you can keep it going no?

It definitely keeps adding time the more you hit the clock target. I’ve racked up some pretty high scores doing that. I’ve also drained a lot attempting it.

#8372 4 years ago

It’s one of those playfield toys that define the game, along with the gumball machine, but yes it’s hard to pay attention to it while you’re actually playing.

My OCD wouldn’t allow it to sit there broken though.

#8373 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I am in the process of repopulating my upper playfield after swapping a new one in. I got Twisters switch kit and it’s been laying around for awile now. Did it come with instructions? If not does anyone know what exactly has to be done with all the parts? I can do the work no problem but without instructions I’m pretty worthless. I would appreciate any help I can get figuring this out. I can see the pads on the switches for the wires but what are the com, no and no pads for?

The com (common) an nc ( normally closed) no ( normally open) pads are for wiring your own mods to a second switch. The other spots are for white an green wires from the factory switches.

#8374 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

It definitely keeps adding time the more you hit the clock target. I’ve racked up some pretty high scores doing that. I’ve also drained a lot attempting it.

Quoted from monkfe:

Yes, and those that say they aren't paying attention to the clock are missing out on a LOOOT of points - especially in this mode.

In Clock Chaos, the time starts at 6, and will start heading clockwise towards 12. Every time you hit the Clock Millions target, you'll be awarded the time (hour, 9:00 - 9 million), the clock will reverse direction and speed up. The mode will continue until the clock hits 12. After 6 hits, you will hear an Easter Egg from Funhouse. If you can make good shots, you can learn to hit the clock at the right time to keep the mode going as long as possible.

#8375 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yes, and those that say they aren't paying attention to the clock are missing out on a LOOOT of points - especially in this mode.
In Clock Chaos, the time starts at 6, and will start heading clockwise towards 12. Every time you hit the Clock Millions target, you'll be awarded the time (hour, 9:00 - 9 million), the clock will reverse direction and speed up. The mode will continue until the clock hits 12. After 6 hits, you will hear an Easter Egg from Funhouse. If you can make good shots, you can learn to hit the clock at the right time to keep the mode going as long as possible.

I'm thinking my current stock clock isn't working correctly. I was watching it while my son played, and it goes backwards to 6 o'clock, he hit the clock target and it went to 11:45and stayed there. Hopefully the new clock board has better results

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8376 4 years ago

Finally can post a pic of my tz. Glad to join the club.

15849211113076404914579257057426 (resized).jpg15849211113076404914579257057426 (resized).jpg
#8377 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm thinking my current stock clock isn't working correctly. I was watching it while my son played, and it goes backwards to 6 o'clock, he hit the clock target and it went to 11:45and stayed there. Hopefully the new clock board has better results

The clock has two failure modes - soft and hard. If, during a game the software sees an erratic or out-of-sequence opto hit, it will stop the clock and set a credit dot. The next time a game is started, it will try to reset the clock - if it resets properly, it will be used. If it does NOT reset properly, the game will never try to run the clock again, until the game's reset. (Exiting test mode, or powering the game off/on.)

#8378 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

The clock has two failure modes - soft and hard. If, during a game the software sees an erratic or out-of-sequence opto hit, it will stop the clock and set a credit dot. The next time a game is started, it will try to reset the clock - if it resets properly, it will be used. If it does NOT reset properly, the game will never try to run the clock again, until the game's reset. (Exiting test mode, or powering the game off/on.)

Interesting. Well, I'm not seeing credit dots. It does go to 12 at the beginning of a game and backwards to 6 o clock during that mode every time. I watched another game and it gave 5 mil for the first clock hit and 6 for the next. The clock was at 11:45 and stayed there during the mode. Weird. Hopefully ingo's board rectifies it, if it is incorrect and not just me misinterpreting it.

#8379 4 years ago

For a while, I thought my clock was going to 6 instead of 12. It's just easy to mix up since the clock hands and optos are same color black. When both hands face up, it still looks like a hand is pointed down because of the lower extension of big hand plus opto. It would of been nice if BW made clock hands red or something that stood out better.

#8380 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Are you talking about the GLM Switch Kit? I did them a few years ago to mine and as I remember it was pretty easy. Here are the instructions they sent with the kit. If you can't read these I can send a copy to you.

IMG_0607 (resized).jpgIMG_0607 (resized).jpgIMG_0608 (resized).jpgIMG_0608 (resized).jpgIMG_0609 (resized).jpgIMG_0609 (resized).jpgIMG_0610 (resized).jpgIMG_0610 (resized).jpg
#8381 4 years ago
Quoted from Sillysickness:

Finally can post a pic of my tz. Glad to join the club.

Looks great! There are some great TZ apron cards around. I like the black ones with the blue shooting starts that match the paint on the apron and there are several versions of those.

#8382 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Been having issues with mine, I have the piano mod on mine and the clock was sitting flush on it. I tilted it back so it sat on the front edge of the piano and now it’s running with no faults including clock test where it’s now Running around the clock perfect. Before I tilted it all kinds of wrong times where coming up and stopping. Fingers crossed.

#8383 4 years ago

Sounds like the minute hand opto interrupter is barely breaking the beam, and when it’s tilted back that’s enough for the hand to work properly.

#8384 4 years ago

Check out these two "alternate" TZ clock faces. Made from acrylic mirror material. Falls into the mod category.

tz-alt (resized).jpgtz-alt (resized).jpg

#8385 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Sounds like the minute hand opto interrupter is barely breaking the beam, and when it’s tilted back that’s enough for the hand to work properly.

Yes I think so too, the minute hand seemed a bit floppy so must be sitting back a bit now.
Going to play again later and see if it stays working, can’t enjoy this game unless the clocks working.
Recently put in the reorchestrated pinsound file and it’s so good, really enjoying it.

#8386 4 years ago

Hi guys,

My first time on this thread.

I have a players condition twilight zone with a damaged playfield.

I'm thinking of hiring a reasonably priced tech to do a playfield swap and doing a third magnet thing.

I have a replacement original playfield that i bought a while ago. Of course Mirco sells brand new ones for 1k.

I'm not really liking the idea of spending another 1k , but maybe its stupid not to.

looking for opinions.

TIA

20200323_112230 (resized).jpg20200323_112230 (resized).jpg20200323_112422 (resized).jpg20200323_112422 (resized).jpg20200323_112756 (resized).jpg20200323_112756 (resized).jpg20200323_112805 (resized).jpg20200323_112805 (resized).jpg20200323_112813 (resized).jpg20200323_112813 (resized).jpg20200323_113325 (resized).jpg20200323_113325 (resized).jpg20200323_113621 (resized).jpg20200323_113621 (resized).jpg20200323_113339 (resized).jpg20200323_113339 (resized).jpg20200323_113403 (resized).jpg20200323_113403 (resized).jpg20200323_113433 (resized).jpg20200323_113433 (resized).jpg20200323_113442 (resized).jpg20200323_113442 (resized).jpg20200323_113510 (resized).jpg20200323_113510 (resized).jpg20200323_113523 (resized).jpg20200323_113523 (resized).jpg20200323_113536 (resized).jpg20200323_113536 (resized).jpg20200323_113611 (resized).jpg20200323_113611 (resized).jpg20200323_113639 (resized).jpg20200323_113639 (resized).jpg20200323_113650 (resized).jpg20200323_113650 (resized).jpg
#8387 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Hi guys,
My first time on this thread.
I have a players condition twilight zone with a damaged playfield.
I'm thinking of hiring a reasonably priced tech to do a playfield swap and doing a third magnet thing.
I have a replacement original playfield that i bought a while ago. Of course Mirco sells brand new ones for 1k.
I'm not really liking the idea of spending another 1k , but maybe its stupid not to.
looking for opinions.
TIA[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lovely deep red colour on that. I also have a Lenc Smith playfield with a similar richness and hardly any marks on it. Sun Process seems to have a better rep for that, but there are obviously exceptions!

TZ swap is a slot of work, really depends on your budget, free time and skill level.

#8388 4 years ago

Got the 9.4H going, and I could swear somewhere about 356 pages back, someone mentioned you could remove the "free only" displayed under the score.... Or was that a dream? Anyway, I like having a ball save on all 3 balls, it was worth it just for that. Haven't really noticed much else different.
New flipper bats and a new reinforced target installed so I don't have to keep bending back that damned greed target near the slot scoop

IMG_20200323_174821007 (resized).jpgIMG_20200323_174821007 (resized).jpg
#8389 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Got the 9.4H going, and I could swear somewhere about 356 pages back, someone mentioned you could remove the "free only" displayed under the score.... Or was that a dream? Anyway, I like having a ball save on all 3 balls, it was worth it just for that. Haven't really noticed much else different.
New flipper bats and a new reinforced target installed so I don't have to keep bending back that damned greed target near the slot scoop [quoted image]

Read the PDF posted here. The setting is listed in there:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/55#post-3364666

#8390 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

New flipper bats and a new reinforced target installed so I don't have to keep bending back that damned greed target near the slot scoop [quoted image]

9.4H is home use only. There is a hacked version for coin drop but that is frowned upon. It pissed off Estes and he stopped doing updates.

#8391 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

9.4H is home use only. There is a hacked version for coin drop but that is frowned upon. It pissed off Estes and he stopped doing updates.

Yes, that's why I got the 9.4H. don't wanna get kicked out of the club!

#8392 4 years ago

When I click that link, it says I need a password.

#8393 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

When I click that link, it says I need a password.

Ffffffff....
Fixed.

#8394 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Ffffffff....
Fixed.

Got it, thank you so much!

#8395 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yes, that's why I got the 9.4H. don't wanna get kicked out of the club!

Mine came with the "hacked" version when I bought it in 2006 and I've used it ever since. It's your machine. Do what you like.

#8396 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Mine came with the "hacked" version when I bought it in 2006 and I've used it ever since. It's your machine. Do what you like.

True but why run a hacked version with bugs that offers no benefits?

#8397 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

True but why run a hacked version with bugs that offers no benefits?

Yeah, I have no need for coin op anyway, but I feel like it's kinda disrespectful to use it after the creator put in the time and effort and was obviously upset by someone circumventing his intentions.

#8398 4 years ago

Flip on!

#8399 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yeah, I have no need for coin op anyway, but I feel like it's kinda disrespectful to use it after the creator put in the time and effort and was obviously upset by someone circumventing his intentions.

... ANd the reason we don't have 9.5H now.

#8400 4 years ago

Well, two weeks into owning this and my 14 year old beat me to LITZ today!

IMG_20200324_140759805 (resized).jpgIMG_20200324_140759805 (resized).jpgIMG_20200324_140813087 (resized).jpgIMG_20200324_140813087 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
There are 15,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/168 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.