IMG_6425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240406_221516459 (resized).jpg
IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,224 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 305.
#8051 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

It went from pic1 to pic2 since I purchased it in spring[quoted image][quoted image]

Oops wrong picture that was my first TZ that I sold. Guess I didn’t document a before pic of my current TZ. So Dumb (re-import gave it away)

#8052 4 years ago

I have the ColorDMD LED on my TZ and love it! Also have one on my Independence Day and will be getting one for DE Jurassic Park.

I'm very happy with the LED version!
IMG_5520 (resized).JPGIMG_5520 (resized).JPG

#8053 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I have the ColorDMD LED on my TZ and love it! Also have one on my Independence Day and will be getting one for DE Jurassic Park.
I'm very happy with the LED version!
[quoted image]

Looks great! You also have the apron cards I’ve been looking for. May I ask where you got them?

#8054 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Looks great! You also have the apron cards I’ve been looking for. May I ask where you got them?

I found them online after much searching... unfortunately I forget where I found them to give them proper credit.

TZ Cards.jpgTZ Cards.jpg
#8055 4 years ago

Thank you!

#8056 4 years ago

Those are the ones I have. They are great

DSC05690 (resized).JPGDSC05690 (resized).JPG
#8057 4 years ago

Awesome - I went looking for those instruction cards but the only version I could find had different artwork on the right hand one.

Looking forward to getting these printed and on my machine

#8058 4 years ago

Guys, what is the part number for the big ass nut that goes on the spiral magnet post? I ordered from Marco and it said bracket with nut but they must have meant the nut that is soldered onto the bracket. My old one is FUBAR due to crazy strong locktight/super glue or spot welds

#8059 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

Guys, what is the part number for the big ass nut that goes on the spiral magnet post? I ordered from Marco and it said bracket with nut but they must have meant the nut that is soldered onto the bracket. My old one is FUBAR due to crazy strong locktight/super glue or spot welds

https://www.pinballlife.com/34-magnet-core-hex-nut.html

#8060 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I have a ColorDMD on my TZ, and I currently have it on the smooth setting. For me, I think it looks great!
I'll take some pics and video when I get home from work today so that you can actually see it for real on TZ.
I think the real beauty of the ColorDMD LCD is that you can make the choice on how you would like it to look; dots, squares, or smooth. If you try one out for a while and don't like it, you can go back and change the setting to look like something else.

Would love to see this in action. Given the popularity of TZ I'm surprised images of it with smoothed Color DMD have been so hard to find!

I also agree that the smoothing can be a little... unsettling on some games. Still, its a nice option to have, especially since LCD can do the other settings as well.

#8061 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Would love to see this in action. Given the popularity of TZ I'm surprised images of it with smoothed Color DMD have been so hard to find!

Sorry, but I was unable to do a video of this last night; I came home to find a broken toilet, and the wife, for some reason, said that needed to take priority.

I did get the toilet fixed, so I'll do the video this evening and put it up for you to see.

#8062 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Sorry, but I was unable to do a video of this last night; I came home to find a broken toilet, and the wife, for some reason, said that needed to take priority.
I did get the toilet fixed, so I'll do the video this evening and put it up for you to see.

Awesome. Post a video of the toilet too!

No reason.

#8063 4 years ago

Replaced all the flipper parts and my score went up instantly. Well worth the $60.00

#8064 4 years ago

Anyone know of a place that has the trough proximity kit in stock? Seems like everywhere I look they're sold out...

#8065 4 years ago
Quoted from birdman665:

Anyone know of a place that has the trough proximity kit in stock? Seems like everywhere I look they're sold out...

Tangles has some coming in later this month if that helps https://www.tanglestech.com/Twilight-Zone--Trough-Proximity-Eddy-Sensor--Replaces-A-16534-and-A-16528-Switch-26_p_36.html

#8066 4 years ago

Update, finally had some time to replace my switch. My 1st time using a soldering gun. Happy to report it was a bad switch and everything works beautifully. My soldering job while effective, shield your eyes because it's ugly lol. Plays great.

20200201_154727 (resized).jpg20200201_154727 (resized).jpg
#8067 4 years ago

OK I finally got around to doing the video of the ColorDMD with the high resolution / smoothing setting. It's about 10 minutes long.

I did some editing on it, trying to show as many different elements as I could. There is a Jackpot hit at around 8:05 or so.

I hope this helps.

#8068 4 years ago

Thanks for making the video. I’ve always felt that mode was simply awful! To each their own

#8069 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

OK I finally got around to doing the video of the ColorDMD with the high resolution / smoothing setting. It's about 10 minutes long.
I did some editing on it, trying to show as many different elements as I could. There is a Jackpot hit at around 8:05 or so.
I hope this helps.

Great video, thank you! I have to say, that smoothing actually looks pretty good on TZ.

#8070 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I hope this helps.

That’s how I’ve set mine, it looks fantastic in person.

#8071 4 years ago

How deep into the bracket at the back of the mini playfield should it be installed?

I’m going to be removing mine soon to install some low profile switches (thanks @twister) and noticed that it’s not all the way back in the bracket.

I’ve never had any problems with it though, and the wireform is screwed into the mini-PF where you’d expect.

Should the wireform be under more tension/bent?

386E8858-9EC7-4BF3-9CCD-FC302AB6F2E4 (resized).jpeg386E8858-9EC7-4BF3-9CCD-FC302AB6F2E4 (resized).jpegF9B44F10-CF09-427C-B997-A79B82F1E6DA (resized).jpegF9B44F10-CF09-427C-B997-A79B82F1E6DA (resized).jpeg
#8072 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

How deep into the bracket at the back of the mini playfield should it be installed?

The mini PF just slides in the holder at the top a little. There is a post by the camera shot that holds lower right side of the mini PF and post on the left side that holds the lower left side in place.

The post (with spring) on the lower right is adjustable. Tighten/loosen the nut to raise/lower that side and make the mini PF perfectly level.

You can test it buy confirming the ball will not get stuck the lower left or lower right corner, to get it exactly level.

#8073 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

The mini PF just slides in the holder at the top a little. There is a post by the camera shot that holds lower right side of the mini PF and post on the left side that holds the lower left side in place.
The post (with spring) on the lower right is adjustable. Tighten/loosen the nut to raise/lower that side and make the mini PF perfectly level.
You can test it buy confirming the ball will not get stuck the lower left or lower right corner, to get it exactly level.

Sorry, maybe I wasn’t being clear.

My mini playfield works fine, is level etc. Balls don’t get stuck up on it or anything.

What I’m trying to find it is whether the back of the mini playfield should be further in to the bracket than mine is, as pictured. Mine is only just pinching the edge from the looks of it.

Hope that makes sense.

#8074 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

What I’m trying to find it is whether the back of the mini playfield should be further in to the bracket than mine is, as pictured.

Mine looks the same.

#8075 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Sorry, maybe I wasn’t being clear.
My mini playfield works fine, is level etc. Balls don’t get stuck up on it or anything.
What I’m trying to find it is whether the back of the mini playfield should be further in to the bracket than mine is, as pictured. Mine is only just pinching the edge from the looks of it.
Hope that makes sense.

Here’s mine

92FCAE0A-F456-4971-9E2A-B61E41CC84AD (resized).jpeg92FCAE0A-F456-4971-9E2A-B61E41CC84AD (resized).jpeg
#8076 4 years ago

Thanks both. Looks like mine is ok then.

#8077 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Here’s mine[quoted image]

Mine is the same.

#8078 4 years ago

I am thinking about changing the super bright white light in the lampshade over the mini-playfield for a colored LED. Any suggestions from others who have done the same? I was thinking blue or purple. That white light peeks out through the cracks in the side of the metal shade and is quite distracting.

#8079 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I am thinking about changing the super bright white light in the lampshade over the mini-playfield for a colored LED. Any suggestions from others who have done the same? I was thinking blue or purple. That white light peeks out through the cracks in the side of the metal shade and is quite distracting.

Tape the inside with electrical tape if you want to get rid of the peek through. Although, I agree that another color may look good. I may try red, blue and yellow. Not together or course.

#8080 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I precision folded a piece of white paper and use a blue LED... gives a nice glow!

229FC2DF-25FF-47A2-95D1-937B92C6A7C6 (resized).jpeg229FC2DF-25FF-47A2-95D1-937B92C6A7C6 (resized).jpeg
#8081 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I precision folded a piece of white paper and use a blue LED... gives a nice glow![quoted image]

Nice looking TZ

#8082 4 years ago

Thank you! Love TZ!

#8083 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Great video, thank you! I have to say, that smoothing actually looks pretty good on TZ.

Here are two more videos of the Color DMD in Twilight Zone that I created with game play.

#8084 4 years ago

So I've got my LED star posts from Comet ( these ones), and the mini switch kits from Twister and am ready to go, but I'm a bit stuck as to how to install them so was looking for some help & suggestions.

I've got 8 star posts, 2 for each switch. I was keen to have them come on with activation of the switch but the maker of the switch kit believes the pulse of the switch will be so short that the LEDs won't come on properly. An alternative perhaps would be so that they are normally illuminated, and turning off (blinking?) when the switch is triggered? I don't know how this would look either.

I'm keen to make this install as clean and ideally with some isolation built in so I can disconnect the whole assembly from the GI voltage connection from the street lamp if needs be (I was just going to install a connector inline to do this). It seems logical to have the GI wires going into one connector, and output wires from that going to all of the star post LEDs, rather than daisy chaining them all together and having one failure take out the whole string.

I know GLM did this boardwhich looks like it would've been ideal, but as we all know GLM and its many awesome products have been unobtainium for some time.

Another wacky idea I had was to tie the illumination into the entry and exit optos, so that the star posts only come on when there is a ball on the mini playfield (obviously 2 balls would mess this up unless there was some sort of counter system).

Anyone have any thoughts about how this ought to be wired?

This is what the switches look like:

rps20180825_082254 (resized).jpgrps20180825_082254 (resized).jpg

#8085 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Mine is 1/2 way in, just like the other guy's post.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#8086 4 years ago

does anyone know where i can find a translight or does anyone have one?

#8087 4 years ago

Pinball decals EU

Quoted from Zukboy2002:

does anyone know where i can find a translight or does anyone have one?

#8089 4 years ago

Working on a TZ.

One of the TZ's mini playfield support bracket seems to be incorrect.

Does anyone have a picture of what this should look like?

RussM

IMG_7384 (resized).JPGIMG_7384 (resized).JPGIMG_7385 (resized).JPGIMG_7385 (resized).JPGIMG_7386 (resized).JPGIMG_7386 (resized).JPGIMG_7387 (resized).JPGIMG_7387 (resized).JPGIMG_7388 (resized).JPGIMG_7388 (resized).JPG
#8090 4 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Working on a TZ.
RussM[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The support bracket should be directly across fro each other... I’ll be home in a few minutes to take a picture

#8091 4 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Working on a TZ.
RussM[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not the best pic....

BA8E9AEE-92DF-4277-B2D5-4E3645E2220D (resized).pngBA8E9AEE-92DF-4277-B2D5-4E3645E2220D (resized).png
#8092 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Not the best pic....[quoted image]

That's about what I thought.

Now, is there anywhere I can get one?

RussM

#8093 4 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

That's about what I thought.
Now, is there anywhere I can get one?
RussM

Google it. I find TZ parts easy to find through google

#8094 4 years ago

Do you know which part number?

mini playfield support bracket (01-11426), inner bracket (01-11427), & outer bracket (01-11428)

RM

#8095 4 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Do you know which part number?
mini playfield support bracket (01-11426), inner bracket (01-11427), & outer bracket (01-11428)
RM

I don't see any of those parts stocked anywhere with pinball parts search. Probably best to make a wanted ad with pics.

#8096 4 years ago

On another topic related to The Twilight Zone... I have been sorting videos for the past month and 2 have caught my attention. Surprisingly by the same artist:

Has anybody used the first song in a game before as a replacement for the main theme? Could go a long way towards a Techno version of the game if all new SFX were added.

#8097 4 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

On another topic related to The Twilight Zone... I have been sorting videos for the past month and 2 have caught my attention. Surprisingly by the same artist:

Has anybody used the first song in a game before as a replacement for the main theme? Could go a long way towards a Techno version of the game if all new SFX were added.

They were my heroes when I was young

#8098 4 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

Wow, can't say those songs really did it for me, but it's at least cool there's another option!

Not very rockin' but here's my pick:

#8099 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

here's my pick

Nice. Back side of Rush - 2112 [1976].

#8100 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Nice. Back side of Rush - 2112 [1976].

Yes! and the video is from the Bluray released in 2012

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.95
$ 132.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.50
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,224 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/162?hl=birdman665 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.