IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 305.
#7951 4 years ago

Just replaced the flipper coil sleeves on my machine. Originally tried to install the extra sleeves I have for the Getaway HSII and they were tight. So called Marco and they said the Bally sleeves are different. Ordered those and they are the same (by appearance) as the Williams. They were all tight, every coil. No damage to any of the coils and machine is in excellent condition so think I can rule out bad coils. The coils I took out of the machine slid in and out easier and actually look smaller visually.

One other thing, replace all the bulbs with LED. Used the comet NG pink bulbs for the orange inserts and it looks amazing. Highly recommend.

#7952 4 years ago

Color DMD and pinsound question. I have a very nice TZ I am keeping and a very nice Indy that is for sale. Was thinking of moving the color dmd and pinsound system out of In and move into TZ. Anyone ever move either of these between 2 games? The dmd should be just a swap. But moving pinsound may be more trouble then its worth. Main reason I would do this is to make TZ better and these 2 mods would help me lower my Indy price.

#7953 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Color DMD and pinsound question. I have a very nice TZ I am keeping and a very nice Indy that is for sale. Was thinking of moving the color dmd and pinsound system out of In and move into TZ. Anyone ever move either of these between 2 games? The dmd should be just a swap. But moving pinsound may be more trouble then its worth. Main reason I would do this is to make TZ better and these 2 mods would help me lower my Indy price.

Just add the TZ sound file you want on the USB flash drive, and you can select which set of sounds you want with the coin door buttons on startup. The hard part will be switching the speakers around stereo/mono.

#7954 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Sound boards are not interchangeable as far as I can remember. Make sure you
Have the original Indy DCS board, as the TZ board is not DCS, so you can't just swap them.

ColorDMd will swap fine

#7955 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sound boards are not interchangeable as far as I can remember. Make sure you
Have the original Indy DCS board, as the TZ board is not DCS, so you can't just swap them.
ColorDMd will swap fine

I believe he's using the PinSound Board. You can swap them between TZ and Indy. You just have to add the TZ sound files to the USB stick. I just did this on mine. Works perfectly.

#7956 4 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I believe he's using the PinSound Board. You can swap them between TZ and Indy. You just have to add the TZ sound files to the USB stick. I just did this on mine. Works perfectly.

Yes, but he will then need a sound board for the Indy and the TZ sound board will not work in Indy.

Quoted from billsfanmd:

pinsound system out of In and move into TZ

If you do put the Pinsond board in your TZ, I recommend you rewire your speakers to take full advantage of the available 2.1 stereo (and upgrade - Parts Express has decent speakers for around $10 to $20 each).

#7957 4 years ago

Has anybody here played around much with the colour of the Titan bands in their TZ? I’m thinking of putting some in, but the only colour I have seen people use in this title is the dark blue. Do you think any bright colours would suit (light blue...)?

I’d love to see some photos if anyone has tried anything different.

#7958 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

They were all tight, every coil. No damage to any of the coils and machine is in excellent condition so think I can rule out bad coils.

Coils that exhibit tight fits to brand new sleeves can still work properly. the issue is they've heated up at some point in their life, and the I.D. on the coil has reduced. My upper right flipper coil is like this. the only fix is to replace them. you may start seeing flippers that don't go down all the way with the return spring after the game's been played for long periods of time in one instance.

new coil sleeves slide in and out of new coils freely.

#7959 4 years ago
Quoted from Chrisg:

Has anybody here played around much with the colour of the Titan bands in their TZ? I’m thinking of putting some in, but the only colour I have seen people use in this title is the dark blue. Do you think any bright colours would suit (light blue...)?

I've tried something I think is amazing..

All white rubber!

#7960 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

All white rubber!

I’m with you there. I think all white rubbers are a thing of beauty on TZ, but to each their own I suppose...

#7961 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

All white rubber!

They look ok till they start to get dirty. I had translucent at on time. I like the new Perfect Play silicone colored rings. The black look good in my TZ.

#7962 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

All white rubber!

Not sure why you got downvoted, so I upvoted you.

I’ve got white on mine at the moment. White looks pretty good I think, as it does on most pins. I’m switching to black Titans though as I think it fits the theme better.

#7963 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

They look ok till they start to get dirty

#1 Operator Rule:
When the rubbers start to show dirt, it's time for a cleaning. Simple wipe down of the playfield, balls, and rubbers, cleaning it all up. It's then good for another month!

#7964 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

They look ok till they start to get dirty

#1 Operator Rule:
When the rubbers start to show dirt, it's time for a cleaning. Simple wipe down of the playfield, balls, and rubbers, cleaning it all up. It's then good for another month!

Quoted from Durzel:

Not sure why you got downvoted, so I upvoted you.
I’ve got white on mine at the moment. White looks pretty good I think, as it does on most pins. I’m switching to black Titans though as I think it fits the theme better.

Eh, people are protective of their color-saturated rubbers. I'm not worried.

I've played some fellows' TZs with silicon rubber. (Superbands, not.. uh, Titans.) They're dead. The bounce is less than half of white rubber, and about half of black rubber. Personally, I don't like it, as it makes the game too easy- the ball is always going to go just where you want it, which means that you get used to that, and then can't handle bouncy games, because you're not used to it. Heh.

#7965 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Coils that exhibit tight fits to brand new sleeves can still work properly. the issue is they've heated up at some point in their life, and the I.D. on the coil has reduced. My upper right flipper coil is like this. the only fix is to replace them. you may start seeing flippers that don't go down all the way with the return spring after the game's been played for long periods of time in one instance.
new coil sleeves slide in and out of new coils freely.

That would mean all four of the otherwise excellent looking coils heated up and went bad. I would believe that more if any other item on the PF or parts looked worn. Nothing does. I didn't have my calipers with me or I would have measured, I believe the sleeves are not the correct size. You can see a slight difference in the wall thickness. So 1). I have four bad coils 2). The coil sleeves are manufactured with a variance 3). Marco sent the wrong sleeves in the kit 4). You're now in the twilight zone

#7966 4 years ago
Quoted from Chrisg:

Your TZ does not have to have all the same color rubber. This is what I did a couple of years ago using all Titan bands and sleeves. I have been very happy with how my TZ plays after making the change.

C0F20391-30A9-4AD9-B1F6-C57026092F1C (resized).jpegC0F20391-30A9-4AD9-B1F6-C57026092F1C (resized).jpeg00597D62-55C7-422D-9AFB-E21616DF0856 (resized).jpeg00597D62-55C7-422D-9AFB-E21616DF0856 (resized).jpegB092B4C7-BFF9-4C6E-BF5C-14D23727A6C3 (resized).jpegB092B4C7-BFF9-4C6E-BF5C-14D23727A6C3 (resized).jpeg
#7967 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

They look ok till they start to get dirty. I had translucent at on time. I like the new Perfect Play silicone colored rings. The black look good in my TZ.

Takes about 2 minutes to clean them. PBL has that rubber cleaner stuff which knocks the dirt off in seconds. Maybe a little bit of wax if you’re feeling it. Good as new.

#7968 4 years ago

I have yellow rings on my FH. I could not get all the sizes in Perfect Play so I got some Superband rings. The SB are harder and have less bounce unfortunately. Definitely different material.

#7969 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

If you do put the Pinsond board in your TZ, I recommend you rewire your speakers to take full advantage of the available 2.1 stereo (and upgrade - Parts Express has decent speakers for around $10 to $20 each).

Great idea. I totally forgot about that when I put the PinSound board in my TZ. I just ordered the wire kit. Will the 2.1 rewire work on IJ too?

Thanks

#7970 4 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Great idea. I totally forgot about that when I put the PinSound board in my TZ. I just ordered the wire kit. Will the 2.1 rewire work on IJ too?
Thanks

Yes

#7971 4 years ago

Can someone help me? Working on a TZ and someone re-installed the mini playfield and whatever bolts down the top of the playfield to the end of the wire ramp is missing. Can anyone tell me what goes here?

RussM

MIssing Bolt TZ mini playfield2 (resized).jpgMIssing Bolt TZ mini playfield2 (resized).jpg
#7972 4 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Can someone help me? Working on a TZ and someone re-installed the mini playfield and whatever bolts down the top of the playfield to the end of the wire ramp is missing. Can anyone tell me what goes here?
RussM[quoted image]

Just a machine screw. It screws into the bracket attached to the wire form that goes under the mini playfield. Not sure if that answers your question fully

22A258D7-6F5D-4F1F-9B3D-FFAFAE6A4407 (resized).jpeg22A258D7-6F5D-4F1F-9B3D-FFAFAE6A4407 (resized).jpeg
#7973 4 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RussM[quoted image]

Security torx.

20200126_174416 (resized).jpg20200126_174416 (resized).jpg
#7974 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Security torx.[quoted image]

That's odd. I've never seen that before. Seems like someone didn't have a machine screw that fit, so they used the torx screw instead. The mini playfield is under the glass, and there doesn't seem to be a need for a security screw.

#7975 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

That's odd. I've never seen that before. Seems like someone didn't have a machine screw that fit, so they used the torx screw instead. The mini playfield is under the glass, and there doesn't seem to be a need for a security screw.

Mine has an 8-32 machine screw and it must fit below the circular area under the playfield surface...I believe there is a washer in there too.

#7976 4 years ago

Mine has Phillips with a tapered head, like this. No washers.

57694BCD-B255-4C25-AB0A-BD3FD3FFD287 (resized).jpeg57694BCD-B255-4C25-AB0A-BD3FD3FFD287 (resized).jpeg
#7977 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Mine has an 8-32 machine screw and it must fit below the circular area under the playfield surface...I believe there is a washer in there too.

Yes, and no nut needed as it attaches to the lower side of the bridge.

#7978 4 years ago

I fixed my "Powerball" issue and wanted to update the thread in case others have an issue.

Turns out the trough sensor wasn't reading the steel balls consistently because the ball kick-out arm would sometimes stay a bit raised. This would keep the ball away from the sensor. The sensor assumed it was a "powerball" since it wasn't reading the steel ball.

When working it back and forth it just didn't move freely. I was going to replace the spring on the coil and plunger but decided to put a little oil on it first. This did the trick and it allowed the kick out arm to fully retract.

Knock on wood- all gremlins solved for now.

#7979 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I am sure, you are right.
Another example.

DSC_1523 (resized).JPGDSC_1523 (resized).JPG
#7980 4 years ago

Any recommendations on replacement speakers? I have the pinsound on my HSII and they are great but I don't want to spend that much money if anyone has suggestions on a more reasonable price option.

#7981 4 years ago

Any recommendations on replacement speakers? I have the pinsound on my HSII and they are great but I don't want to spend that much money if anyone has suggestions on a more reasonable price option.

Flipper Fidelity.

#7982 4 years ago

PinWoofer. If you're not going to go for a pinsound on TZ, then just add a ton of bass and get back to playing. There's almost no reason to upgrade the backbox speakers if you're not going to do a PInsound mix.

#7983 4 years ago

Has anyone come up with a solution for a compatible edge/trim for the four sides of the new TZ mirrored backglass from CPR? I go through the process of ordering it only to find out that you can't reuse the original trim.

#7984 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

PinWoofer. If you're not going to go for a pinsound on TZ, then just add a ton of bass and get back to playing. There's almost no reason to upgrade the backbox speakers if you're not going to do a PInsound mix.

Something is wrong with one of the speakers so an upgrade is a must. I will do Pinsound but don't want to have to spend so much for speakers and pinsound. Looks like the Flipper Fidelity is about 40 bucks cheaper.

#7985 4 years ago

IMHO, I'm in the minority, but I do NOT like Pinsound on TZ..

#7986 4 years ago
C8A7B893-C1E8-4A2E-A863-F5DD3FA5185B.gifC8A7B893-C1E8-4A2E-A863-F5DD3FA5185B.gif
#7987 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

IMHO, I'm in the minority, but I do NOT like Pinsound on TZ..

The Chris Granner DCS music is quite interesting but I’m not as enthralled about pinsound on TZ as I am about pinsound on Getaway.

#7988 4 years ago

Something is wrong with one of the speakers so an upgrade is a must. I will do Pinsound but don't want to have to spend so much for speakers and pinsound. Looks like the Flipper Fidelity is about 40 bucks cheaper.

Wait, so you are going to get a PinSound board but not the speakers? FWIW PinSound speakers are made of Kevlar, which is a superior material to the (also real good but... I mean it’s paper) paper cones that FF provides. Your call of course

#7989 4 years ago

Parts Express has Pyle and other brands for less than $20 each and they are a significant upgrade. TZ has two different sized backbox speakers originally. With a little work you can make them both 5 1/4" (Here's a good step by step link: http://www.dziedzic.us/wpc_speaker_wooden_display_panel.html) or just replace with original size speakers.

Here's a link to a good speaker I have used: https://www.parts-express.com/pyle-pl53bl-blue-label-5-1-4-triaxial-speaker-pair--267-080
Not top of the line, but for a cheap price, they are pretty nice. These replacement speakers work great with stock sound board or pinsound.

#7990 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Has anyone come up with a solution for a compatible edge/trim for the four sides of the new TZ mirrored backglass from CPR? I go through the process of ordering it only to find out that you can't reuse the original trim.

System 11 ones. They fit perfectly. Tight enough to stay on but not so tight that you have to warn them up or do anything else to get them to fit.

#7991 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Mine has Phillips with a tapered head, like this. No washers.[quoted image]

Thanks, guys.

RussM

#7992 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Security torx.

That is not correct. It's a flat Phillips head

#7993 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

That is not correct. It's a flat Phillips head

Actually now that you say it, I think mine is flat head....

#7994 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Actually now that you say it, I think mine is flat head....

My TZ has a shovel head

#7995 4 years ago

I know.... my jokes aren’t funny

#7996 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I know.... my jokes aren’t funny

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7997 4 years ago

After a lot of stressing and misdiagnosis about my WPC board (which had some minor battery damage), I finally decided to just buy a Rottendog board and put it in so I could get back to enjoying the game. I am here to say that I should have done this 6 months (and a lot of spare parts orders) ago. The game works great now, no errors or odd behavior, plus I can always go back and tinker with the original board once I get more confident in my soldering skills. It's good to have TZ back among the living again!

#7998 4 years ago

I suck at TZ. This is the one game I have that there has been no improvement on since I got it. Can't break 450,000

#7999 4 years ago

I suck at TZ. This is the one game I have that there has been no improvement on since I got it. Can't break 450,000

3 or 5 ball game?

#8000 4 years ago

Five balls will help for sure

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 15,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/160?hl=parispinballadct and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.