IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 305.
#7751 4 years ago
Quoted from -ZZZ-:

Can anyone direct me to a source of stainless steel ramp flaps for both the plastic and steel ramps?
Much appreciated!

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_2&products_id=16

Says sold out, though. Wouldn't hurt to contact pinbits to see if they can get some more soon.

#7752 4 years ago

Wow.... are you sharpening pencils in bulk, or playing pinball??!?

#7753 4 years ago

Where can I get a blue powerball for twilight zone. I would prefer one of the original prototype ones but an exact repro is fine.
Thank you Parker

8A0CCBB8-D9AE-4F1F-9D8C-24139CE2F9C2 (resized).jpeg8A0CCBB8-D9AE-4F1F-9D8C-24139CE2F9C2 (resized).jpeg
#7754 4 years ago
Quoted from Parker_tz:

Where can I get a blue powerball for twilight zone. I would prefer one of the original prototype ones but an exact repro is fine.
Thank you Parker[quoted image]

You may need to make your own somehow. Williams only made a small handful in-house for testing purposes. The blue was so hard to see on the play field, it was immediately abandoned. There was also supposed to be a red one, but it seems never to have been made.

#7755 4 years ago

The blue ball (*cough, ahem*) is neat, but .. I never put it in my game except for show. It turns freakin' invisible, and is a drain machine because .. you just can't SEE it until it's too late.

#7756 4 years ago
Quoted from Parker_tz:

Thank you Parker[quoted image]

I'm making a homebrew sonic the hedgehog pin and I NEED one of these. I don't know exactly what ill use it for yet, but I know i need one. Anyone know HOW these were made? could something be done to an existing powerball perhaps?

#7757 4 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

I'm making a homebrew sonic the hedgehog pin and I NEED one of these. I don't know exactly what ill use it for yet, but I know i need one. Anyone know HOW these were made? could something be done to an existing powerball perhaps?

Do a search on RGP - there was discusson in the past about the ball. It's ceramic and has some requirements like a high hardness or some such.

I had some dark grey ones made in China back in the EARLY 2000's, but they were FAR too light - like, HALF the weight. It wasn't worth my time and money to get them done up properly.

#7758 4 years ago

Hello, does anyone have an extra TZ speaker panel they would be willing to sell? Thank you.

#7761 4 years ago
Quoted from alistaircg:

Here is the base part for the Pyramid mod, the eye needs to be sculpted and installed https://www.etsy.com/listing/610514434/egyptian-pyramid-metal-pencil-sharpener?ref=market_rv-1

Thanks for posting your mods in a linear order. It will help many who want to fill their machines with pencil sharpeners!

1 week later
#7762 4 years ago

Any recommendations who/where to buy laminated TZ apron cards?

#7763 4 years ago
Quoted from colocole:

Any recommendations who/where to buy laminated TZ apron cards?

Mad Voodoo pinball has some nice apron cards

http://madvoodoo.com/#/twoPane/category/2

#7764 4 years ago

Kind of a general question but it’s happebing on my TZ so here I am...

Replacing a bulb last night; I removed the light board with the 5mil/ extra ball / lock lamps. I replaced the Lock bulb, then when I turned the machine back on - suddenly all the lamps in that row on the lamp matrix (start, lock, spiral, etc) are locked on.

Did I blow a transistor somehow?

#7765 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Kind of a general question but it’s happebing on my TZ so here I am...
Replacing a bulb last night; I removed the light board with the 5mil/ extra ball / lock lamps. I replaced the Lock bulb, then when I turned the machine back on - suddenly all the lamps in that row on the lamp matrix (start, lock, spiral, etc) are locked on.

If They're on the same row?...maybe a diode on the board went?...or some other diode on that row

#7766 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

If They're on the same row?...maybe a diode on the board went?...or some other diode on that row

I thought the same thing at first - but the lamps on that board are not on the same row. A whole bunch of other lights not on that board (only one lamp of the affected set is on the board) are now locked on

#7767 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

suddenly all the lamps in that row on the lamp matrix (start, lock, spiral, etc) are locked on.

Ok, I didn't pull the manual yet, but I thought you said they were on the same matrix row? I recommend getting siegecraft'ss lamp matrix tester https://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=11&controller=product&id_lang=1 to trouble shoot these lamp issues, tells you whether its on the board or playfield

#7768 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Ok, I didn't pull the manual yet, but I thought you said they were on the same matrix row? I recommend getting siegecraft'ss lamp matrix tester https://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=11&controller=product&id_lang=1 to trouble shoot these lamp issues, tells you whether its on the board or playfield

Yes, you’re right - they are on the same row in the lamp matrix. I was just clarifying that the affected lamps are not all on that same board or anything.

Replaced the diode on the affected lamp on that board... that’s not it. Thinking it’s Q83 which is the transistor for that row. Great. I’ll have to test that later

#7769 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yes, you’re right - they are on the same row in the lamp matrix. I was just clarifying that the affected lamps are not all on that same board or anything.
Replaced the diode on the affected lamp on that board... that’s not it. Thinking it’s Q83 which is the transistor for that row. Great. I’ll have to test that later

Use a logic probe to check the output to the row in question, if its pulsing its prob good, if its on solid locked on its something on the board...but since this started with a bad lamp (led i assume) could be either or coincidence

#7770 4 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Mad Voodoo pinball has some nice apron cards
http://madvoodoo.com/#/twoPane/category/2

Perfect, thanks!

1 week later
#7771 4 years ago

Anyone know where I can find a blue Clock housing? They are out of stock everywhere.

Does anyone have one for sale?

Thanks

#7772 4 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Anyone know where I can find a blue Clock housing? They are out of stock everywhere.
Does anyone have one for sale?
Thanks

Here?

https://www.greatamericanpinball.com/product-page/twilight-zone-blue-clock-housing

#7773 4 years ago

Looking to buy a nicely modded TZ. either cash or even trade for a nicely upgraded Indy jones.

One I found has this insert chip. Hard to fix? Would this be a deal breaker for most ?

Thx

0EBAAB48-B179-4F37-838B-D5BE62D2D6E1 (resized).png0EBAAB48-B179-4F37-838B-D5BE62D2D6E1 (resized).png
#7774 4 years ago

Easy you just need the decal set. You can pop out the insert and remove or sand off then existing decal and put on the new one and glue it back into the playfield. Found the video on youtube.
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/twilight-zone-insert-decals.html

#7775 4 years ago
Quoted from Parker_tz:

Easy you just need the decal set. You can pop out the insert and remove or sand off then existing decal and put on the new one and glue it back into the playfield. Found the video on youtube.
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/twilight-zone-insert-decals.html

Awesome. Thx. Wish I could hear how the first video was done. Cut old decal out? What kind of glue was that ? Thx again

#7776 4 years ago

Anyone have a need for an original clock board? It would throw an occasional error, so one or more opto may be flaky or may need a good cleaning. Not sure what it’s worth...

27C06824-2C27-4E2A-8863-5670F39ED7DE (resized).jpeg27C06824-2C27-4E2A-8863-5670F39ED7DE (resized).jpeg37657A0B-C3CE-450C-BDF6-90986394876F (resized).jpeg37657A0B-C3CE-450C-BDF6-90986394876F (resized).jpeg
#7777 4 years ago

Just curious, does anyone use any lube on the gumball machine? Maybe Teflon lube on the gears? I never have in the past but just finished my clock and used it there. I’m guessing I shouldn’t on the gumball machine but thought I’d ask.

#7778 4 years ago

I packed my gearbox with synthetic white grease, mainly to silence some of the clatter noise. Technically, the gears don't need lube, but when they wear, they get noisy.

#7779 4 years ago

Of course on New Year’s Eve I have to play a little Twilight Zone while watching The Twilight Zone!

D560ADB0-B43F-4120-8357-7BD57E8EAAE7 (resized).jpegD560ADB0-B43F-4120-8357-7BD57E8EAAE7 (resized).jpeg
#7780 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Of course on New Year’s Eve I have to play a little Twilight Zone while watching The Twilight Zone![quoted image]

Still one of my favorite games!

#7781 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Still one of my favorite games!

Great pic. Trying to get one back in my collection. Where did you get side art?

#7783 4 years ago

Thx. Once I find a TZ I’ll grab it!

#7784 4 years ago

These side decals are REALLY nice. I think they may be the only ones which actually match the art style of the game (in addition to sillyoldelf’s awesome Monster Bash decals)

#7785 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx. Once I find a TZ I’ll grab it!

These get my vote. They extend the playfields design and colors up the sides of the cab.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/22#post-2599223

#7786 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

These get my vote. They extend the playfields design and colors up the sides of the cab.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/22#post-2599223

Very nice. Do we know where that side art and those apron cards came from?

Added over 4 years ago:

Not the same but also awesome apron cards that extend the motif of the apron https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/131#post-4667088

#7787 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

These one are great I agree, they really make the playfield 3d and deeper. I did customize them with other parts to increase the effect and it's really cool, from the player's perspective you really see the playfield like it's extended.
I love the others too.

MyTZ3d (resized).jpgMyTZ3d (resized).jpg
#7788 4 years ago
Quoted from Giulio:

These one are great I agree, they really make the playfield 3d and deeper. I did customize them with other parts to increase the effect and it's really cool, from the player's perspective you really see the playfield like it's extended.
I love the others too.[quoted image]

Who sells them?

#7789 4 years ago
Quoted from Giulio:

I love the others too.[quoted image]

Quoted from billsfanmd:

Who sells them?

You can get them on Ebay from a vendor in the UK. Here's a link:

ebay.com link: Twilight Zone Pinball Inner Cab Backboard Decal Set Mod

#7790 4 years ago

Has anyone spoken to german-pinball (of Ingo Clock Board fame) lately? Been trying to get hold of him for 2 months to get some replacement rainbow LEDs for my clock board, as a couple of them have started acting up. He was unwell back when I originally contacted him, so left it a while, but haven't heard from him since. I hope he's ok!

#7791 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Has anyone spoken to german-pinball (of Ingo Clock Board fame) lately? Been trying to get hold of him for 2 months to get some replacement rainbow LEDs for my clock board, as a couple of them have started acting up. He was unwell back when I originally contacted him, so left it a while, but haven't heard from him since. I hope he's ok!

He made a post here yesterday, and shows logged in today

#7792 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Ingo's pretty darn reliable, so he may just not have gotten back to his pinball stuff after the holidays. Or maybe he just forgot - we're all human

#7793 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Great pic. Trying to get one back in my collection. Where did you get side art?

Got these from phoenixarcade.com and they look great. Screen printed.

https://www.phoenixarcade.com/products/twilight-zone/twilight-zone-cabinet-decal-set

#7794 4 years ago

Cooked up some new apron cards. Details here

spblat_tz_apron_cards.gifspblat_tz_apron_cards.gif
#7795 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

Cooked up some new apron cards.

The look really similar to mine that I've had for 4 years plus

DSC05695 (resized).JPGDSC05695 (resized).JPG
#7796 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

The look really similar to mine that I've had for 4 years plus[quoted image]

I really like the look - do you still have the file you made?

#7797 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I really like the look - do you still have the file you made?

I did not create them, and cannot remember where they came from. I do not have the file any longer, sorry. I thought It was on this thread way back in the beginning

#7798 4 years ago

“Details here” in my prior post has links to the source artwork used in my cards and in @seatmandan’s.

#7799 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

“Details here” in my prior post has links to the source artwork used in my cards and in seatmandan’s.

I missed that - thanks I'll take a look

#7800 4 years ago

Hi,

Does someone have a High Res file for Twilight Zone side Backbox Decal (right part).
I scratch my existing sticker and want to print another one without having to buy the all bunch.

Thanks in advance

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 15,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/156?hl=mcsquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.