IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,189 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 304.
#7701 4 years ago

Where is the best place to alligator power from for mods ? Robby the robot, slot machine, lighting up kicker holes etc? I have made my own mods but have no idea where to plug them in for power

#7702 4 years ago

If they are light mods and you have leds in your gi you can plug them into your gi

#7703 4 years ago
Quoted from alistaircg:

Where is the best place to alligator power from for mods ? Robby the robot, slot machine, lighting up kicker holes etc? I have made my own mods but have no idea where to plug them in for power

You're going to need to post more details about the mods to get a good answer. did you wire connectors already, or just bare wire? Are they intended to be on all the time? or are they interactive (e.g. on and off with inserts?). Test them out by alligator clipping them to the GI first.

#7704 4 years ago

Anyone know where to get a plastic set for TZ?

#7705 4 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

I see www.pinball.center sells various pieces.

#7706 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I see www.pinball.center sells various pieces.

Don´t expect too much from those...they are often poor quality...

#7707 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You're going to need to post more details about the mods to get a good answer. did you wire connectors already, or just bare wire? Are they intended to be on all the time? or are they interactive (e.g. on and off with inserts?). Test them out by alligator clipping them to the GI first.

they are 6v leds, and if I could get them to plug into the GI that would be great

I made myself the following mods in the pictures

[Moderator's Comment]: Please do not use photos from other parties without their permission.

EDIT: It was only meant to be a contextual reference, they whee other peoples mods
Apologies to Lermods and anyone else toes I step on, below are my Robby and slot machine, that still need to be finished

IMG_9064 (resized).JPGIMG_9064 (resized).JPG
#7708 4 years ago
Quoted from alistaircg:

Looks like an awesome lot of work. Very nicely done!!

#7709 4 years ago
Quoted from alistaircg:

they are 6v leds, and if I could get them to plug into the GI that would be great
I made myself the following mods in the pictures[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What do you mean you made the mods yourself in the pics? You are using pics from our website, that’s our camera and our led strip, and you took a pic of our Robby from our eBay ad. Not very cool. I have no problem with you making your own mods, but when you claim something is yours and it’s not, and you use someone else’s picture, you cross the line.

In fact, I’ve seen the pics for those other mods around, I’d bet those aren’t yours either.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Ftwilight-zone-pinball-illuminated-camera-mod

ebay.com link: 0

#7710 4 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Got mine from here, but it's out of stock now. Pehaps he still has some?!? Very nice quality for a budget price.

https://mircoplayfields.com/p/twiligth-zone-complete-plastic-set

#7711 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Thanks, but these are not his mods, they are ours.

#7712 4 years ago
Quoted from alistaircg:

I made myself the following mods in the pictures[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was willing to believe it but then I saw the Robby the Robot with the custom made bracket, and I thought “this guy made a custom bracket for a mod and he doesn’t know how to wire lights into a game?” Also all your mods have alligator clips (thanks Lermods!) and you can just clip them to both wires on any GI bulb.

I believe the slot machine and camera, and possibly Robby the robot are intended to be interactive though so you might want to hook him up properly

#7713 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I was willing to believe it but then I saw the Robby the Robot with the custom made bracket, and I thought “this guy made a custom bracket for a mod and he doesn’t know how to wire lights into a game?” Also all your mods have alligator clips (thanks Lermods!) and you can just clip them to both wires on any GI bulb.
I believe the slot machine and camera, and possibly Robby the robot are intended to be interactive though so you might want to hook him up properly

We actually use a genuine cliffy bracket for the robbie so I can't take credit for that.

#7714 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We actually use a genuine cliffy bracket for the robbie so I can't take credit for that.

d'oh!

#7715 4 years ago

Long shot but has anyone got a CAD file or anything for the clear lexan cover that people have used for the bottom of the mini playfield, to replace the cardboard? I can't see where to buy it from, and I'm in the UK so ideally would like to get it over here quicker if I can.

#7716 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Long shot but has anyone got a CAD file or anything for the clear lexan cover that people have used for the bottom of the mini playfield, to replace the cardboard? I can't see where to buy it from, and I'm in the UK so ideally would like to get it over here quicker if I can.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1025-professor-pinball/01176-twilight-zone-power-playfield-bottom-plastic-protector

#7717 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Eric Lyons, Professor Pinball.Buy it from him, please, he's one of the good ones. Especially after the Pin Sound/Rob Kahr theft, we've got to keep supporting the good guys.

#7719 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Pin Sound/Rob Kahr theft

?

#7720 4 years ago

Thanks, that was the one I remember, but couldn’t find it recently.

Would love to buy from him but international shipping is $20 when the product itself is only $15. Was really hoping to be able to get one made up in the UK (only one for personal use - not to compete with the aforementioned Pinsider)

#7722 4 years ago

Can anyone direct me to a source of stainless steel ramp flaps for both the plastic and steel ramps?

Much appreciated!

#7723 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

no those are other peoples mods I used as reference, I still have to paint mine

#7724 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What do you mean you made the mods yourself in the pics? You are using pics from our website, that’s our camera and our led strip, and you took a pic of our Robby from our eBay ad. Not very cool. I have no problem with you making your own mods, but when you claim something is yours and it’s not, and you use someone else’s picture, you cross the line.
In fact, I’ve seen the pics for those other mods around, I’d bet those aren’t yours either.
https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Ftwilight-zone-pinball-illuminated-camera-mod
ebay.com link

no those are other peoples mods I used as reference, I still have to paint mine

#7725 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

EDIT: It was only meant to be a contextual reference, they whee other peoples mods
Apologies to Lermods and anyone else toes I step on, below are my Robby and slot machine, that still need to be finished

IMG_9064 (resized).JPGIMG_9064 (resized).JPG
#7726 4 years ago

I don't need this shit I'm getting on here about a mistake

So here you can make your own mods fo the slot machine, the piano, the camera by looking for the Spanish die-cast pencil sharpeners here: https://www.sharpenking.com/contents/en-uk/d224_Die_cast_pencil_sharpeners.html they also have an American site, they go for around €5.75 before shipping. Amazon and eBay also sell all these sharpeners, search for Spanish or hong kong die-cast pencil sharpeners, the metal pyramid base is also availble

The Robby holder is from Cliffy which you can get here: https://www.passionforpinball.com/TZRobby.htm

The actual Robby is a toy on amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3P66TW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

you use a hot coat hanger and a technique to melt in the lines for the wires, which I also think ill make a video on doing

The LED's , the wire and the Aligator clips you can buy anywhere

I will make a video of how to make them if there is a demand

I only used Lermod and other pictures of the internet as a quick reference

I will still spray everything and add in the wires with bulbs and paint and treat everything, which is easy. I was only looking for some guidance and advice and never intended to get that amount of flack I have, so if this brings me fore flack ill start releasing more free graphics mods I have made by myself and ill shoot and edit a comprehensive guide on how to do everything

If anyone one wants Twilight Zone Translite artwork and wants to know how to make your own maybe ill post that up FOR FREE

In fact look for my previous post where I bought the missing prototype plastic, redrew it and matched it to Pantone's and put the artwork up for free, in fact, ill produce a bunch of those at cost $1 and start selling them for a dollar each when I get a chance but I'm giving the artwork away for free and in the previous post I even told you how to make one

I'm pissed off so I'm going to show everyone on the Star Wars, Chanel, how to make all those mods and how to make all the mods on the Addams Family channel when I get a chance, I'm not running a business its a hobby so I don't know all the GI points off-hand and I was concerned about making a mistake when I could have gotten some friendly advice, I was looking for hobby advice and made a simple mistake

When I am done with the CAD drawing for all the mounts I'm going to show you how to get them laser cut and folded and how to install them.

Except for Cliffys stuff, because Cliffy is the nicest guy and he has actually helped me in the past

Here is FREE artwork, I measured up and made for the Twilight zone diverter, with my own picture. You take it to a printer and ask them to print it on self-adhesive vinyl, they can either do a laminate on it or an aqueous varnish print to make it UV protected and durable, you can use a coin and a scalpel blade to cut the corners perfectly, I have 3 extra ones here ad will make a video of how to do it if anyone wants. use the other side of the sticker that you peeled off between the print and a tea-spoon back to burnish on the sticker nice and flush, it's an old signage installation trick and you don't get lines on the print

IMG_9065 (resized).JPGIMG_9065 (resized).JPGtwilight ball divertor artwork Correct Size.pdftwilight ball divertor artwork Correct Size.pdf
#7727 4 years ago

Here is the FREE Missing plastic artwork I drew up from the original I bought with pantone matches and CMYK depending on how you would like to get it made

Twilight Zone missing plastic CMYK Vector - SPOT Colour Die trace.pdfTwilight Zone missing plastic CMYK Vector - SPOT Colour Die trace.pdf
#7728 4 years ago

Here is the rocket plastic Part number 31-1765-28 I redrew in vector FREE for anyone to use

Maybe I should write a post on how to make professional high-level plastic replacements would that step on enough toes ?

31-1765-28.pdf31-1765-28.pdf
#7729 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thank you

#7730 4 years ago

Here are FREE vector drawn keyrings I made for my machine you can make coasters out of them or posters I dont care

twilight zone keyring.pdftwilight zone keyring.pdf
#7731 4 years ago

I Also drew up my own backboard artwork here it is again in vector, go nutts

Twilight Zone Backboard artwork.pdfTwilight Zone Backboard artwork.pdf
#7736 4 years ago

Here you can see how the slot machine pencil sharpener was cut with a dremel to make the mod and one option for a mounting bracket. I will be using a base mount on a steel plate https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/33985

I got the pencil sharpner off ebay for $2

#7742 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Eric Lyons, Professor Pinball.Buy it from him, please, he's one of the good ones. Especially after the Pin Sound/Rob Kahr theft, we've got to keep supporting the good guys.

I posted the artwork for you to easily make on yourself years ago, before people started selling them, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/75#post-3712413 there is a die trace in one of the posts you can print out on paper temporality spray glue onto an ABS sheet to use as stencil to cut it out, then remove

#7743 4 years ago

Here is Ed Cheungs guide on how to build your own Robbie using Cliffs mount and a toy model like the amazon link above
http://www.edcheung.com/album/album08/pinball/tz2.htm he also covers making your own TV mod, there is link above to buy the base part you would need

#7746 4 years ago

Here is a FREE die trace I drew and made up for the Twilight Zone Mini Playfield Protector - it's easy to make it yourself, I used a dremel with a sanding wheel to make quick work of the round edges, I used 3mm ABS plastic white so it would not warp and it would give me a nice soft bounce light under the mini-playfield, standard 3 or 5mm perspex would work as well but will eventually break from the heat in about 5-10 years

Twilight Zone Mini Playfield Protector.pdfTwilight Zone Mini Playfield Protector.pdf
#7747 4 years ago

Here is the base part for the Pyramid mod, the eye needs to be sculpted and installed https://www.etsy.com/listing/610514434/egyptian-pyramid-metal-pencil-sharpener?ref=market_rv-1

#7748 4 years ago

Danger Will Robinson...

AA605C3E-28E3-45F4-B59C-CFF9F0BBAD2D.gifAA605C3E-28E3-45F4-B59C-CFF9F0BBAD2D.gif
#7749 4 years ago
Quoted from alistaircg:

Here is a FREE die trace I drew and made up for the Twilight Zone Mini Playfield Protector - it's easy to make it yourself, I used a dremel with a sanding wheel to make quick work of the round edges, I used 3mm ABS plastic white so it would not warp and it would give me a nice soft bounce light under the mini-playfield, standard 3 or 5mm perspex would work as well but will eventually break from the heat in about 5-10 years[quoted image]

Durzel

#7750 4 years ago
Quoted from alistaircg:

Making a false claim about the creation of a mod is very inappropriate. If truly accidental, a “contextual reference“ as you phrase it, your choice of words or choice of the photo could have been explained or clarified and a PM to Lermods May have helped the situation.

Quoted from alistaircg:

I don't need this shit I'm getting on here about a mistake

Responding like this after a single post by the true designer and then blowing up this thread to rant about all your mods is not likely going to help. I know that I’m fairly new around here but this seems like the start of the all to frequent Pinside shit show. Cue up the popcorn meme!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,189 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 304.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.