IMG_6425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240406_221516459 (resized).jpg
IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 305.
#701 9 years ago

Finished my TZ restoration yesterday with the help of my stepdad. New side rails, mirror blades, and some touch ups. Before and after restoration pics, below

image-263.jpgimage-263.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image-404.jpgimage-404.jpg image-277.jpgimage-277.jpg
#702 9 years ago

Looks like Rock is about done with mine and she is shipping out Thursday. Super stoked . He went nuts and did everything I would want to the game.
Now it's like waiting for Xmas .

#703 9 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Finished my TZ restoration yesterday with the help of my stepdad. New side rails, mirror blades, and some touch ups. Before and after restoration pics, below

image.jpg 266 KB

image-263.jpg 278 KB

image-404.jpg 308 KB

image-277.jpg 365 KB

Like the side mirrors!

#704 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Tech thing....am I the only one that gets pissed at the 5million target to the left of slot scoop always pushes back, allowing the ball to smack off the side of the scoop? I actually have an indentation on that side, and hate that sound.
Is there a reinforced switch I can swap for that one, which could withstand the continued ball attack without moving back? I've tried different foam behind the target, but nothing stops the " clank"...any ideas?......thanks fellow TZ owners...mark

I installed the sling shot hinge bracket fix from http://www.marvin3m.com/tzmod/ about 10 years ago and it's been a rock solid fix ever since.

#705 9 years ago

Got a neat Camera from Japan. Need to light it up and mount it.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#706 9 years ago

Dude! That is Ultraman on the instructions.

#707 9 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Got a neat Camera from Japan. Need to light it up and mount it.image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I have the same one its so much nicer than the cheap ones people sell and it matches the one in tz perfect 20150214_135329.jpg20150214_135329.jpg

#708 9 years ago

Yep that is a nice camera. I lit it up but could not find a solution for the lens so they sit here in a bag. Sucks cause i think they were $20.00 ea when i bought them. The price of mod making. You can easily drill in 2 3mm leds but it looks like crap. Did you get yours bigd?

20150226_181242.jpg20150226_181242.jpg
#709 9 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Got a neat Camera from Japan. Need to light it up and mount it.image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That's the one!!!...amazing detail....I used a dual head Optiflux and much profanity, but looks sick!!!image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#710 9 years ago

Awesome Mark glad you got that figured out man. Looks awesome!

#711 9 years ago

I shipped my TZ off to a good new home today, hopefully it arrives safely. I am looking for a beat TZ to restore now that will be getting a Kruzman PF for a keeper for myself so i am out of the club for now.

#712 9 years ago

Can't remember what I used to create the "lenses" in front of the LEDS, but if I think of it, I'll pass along...

#713 9 years ago

The weld on my scoop was broken when I got mine (from the slot target ramming into it). Got the scoop re-welded and put in the re-enforced target. Probably took 100 games before that thing was bent back and now there is just a dull clunk when you hit that shot as the ball hits the scoop and target at the same time. Also, yeah - the target was launching balls straight into the left outlane.

tldr; I wouldn't recommend the re-enforced slot machine target.

#714 9 years ago

Meant to post after installing the Mantis slot scoop....HIGHLY recommend it!!!...brace for switch is way solid, and the scoop launches great.....I didn't even realize the top 2 welds in my original had broken ( held roughly in place w the plastic, I guess)...just had gotten used to the " chatter" sound when it went in.

The Mantis is solid, well made, and has now guilted me to change my broken swamp scoop on my TAF ( it's that good).......mark

#715 9 years ago

I always thought it was strange that the camera on the playfield didn't look like the camera in the show:

TZ Camera.jpgTZ Camera.jpg

#716 9 years ago

ok guys i need some help/input i got list of parts i need for my tz project. Does anyone habe a clock bracket or gumball up kicker bracket or parts ? Were is best place for parts ? I found the clock bracket but they want 80 from australia

#717 9 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

ok guys i need some help/input i got list of parts i need for my tz project. Does anyone habe a clock bracket or gumball up kicker bracket or parts ? Were is best place for parts ? I found the clock bracket but they want 80 from australia

Most of the hard to find parts you have to get from over seas gets expensive quick thats why a project tz can get expensive depending on what it needs

#718 9 years ago

Well, I joined the club again. Just traded for my 3rd TZ.
My last high end I had, I got a trade offer I couldn't refuse, but after almost a year without it, I had to get one back.
The parts ordering has begun and will do another high end restore on it in the spring/summer.
It's a big job [and expensive] but the end result will be worth it!

#721 9 years ago

Yesterday I re-grained the steel inside TZ using the Rejuvenate stainless steel scratch remover kit from home depot. Hopefully regular use of their steel polish will keep the pieces looking almost as nice.

2015-03-03_11.10.03.jpg2015-03-03_11.10.03.jpg 2015-03-03_11.20.39.jpg2015-03-03_11.20.39.jpg
#722 9 years ago

.. So..

Anyone with a PinSound think about hiring Mark Silverman to record some new lines for the game?

#723 9 years ago

I'm currently restoring a TZ, so I'm posting here, just in order to joining the club!!!!!

image.pngimage.png

#724 9 years ago

Who could live without this! So many things to put in TZ! This is the dazzler, turned out awesome!

#725 9 years ago

Got my TZ a couple ago...great game. Clearcoat on it is not the greatest so I ordered one of those playfield protectors. I hope it works well.

#726 9 years ago

Sammy I'd probably just regularly wax it rather than put on some sort of fugly overlay

#727 9 years ago

...too late already ordered it

balls just starting to chip away at inserts...going to touch up and put this on...wax will only help so much i'm afraid...new playfield costs are ridiculous...

If it's fugly, it can always come off

#728 9 years ago

In the club thanks Rock!! Great seller and buy his mods!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#729 9 years ago

Okay, I had to laugh at this:

ebay.com link: itm
Title: Twilight Zone Pinball Clock Housing Clear Mod

..Who knew that this was .. a mod? This means that my game's been modded since it came form the factory!

#730 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
» YouTube video

Thanks buddy, hope you enjoy it as much as i did.

#731 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

The weld on my scoop was broken when I got mine (from the slot target ramming into it). Got the scoop re-welded and put in the re-enforced target. Probably took 100 games before that thing was bent back and now there is just a dull clunk when you hit that shot as the ball hits the scoop and target at the same time. Also, yeah - the target was launching balls straight into the left outlane.
tldr; I wouldn't recommend the re-enforced slot machine target.

Is the target the one from Pinball Resource, or from somewhere else? I've had the reinforced clock and slot greed targets in my game for more than 10 years, and neither one of them have bent.

IMG_1482.jpgIMG_1482.jpg
#732 9 years ago

Tech tip o' the day:

My game has had a history of switch matrix weirdness. It's been behaving for a while, though.

I got some very specific weirdness the other day, & it took me a little while to troubleshoot. Heads-up if you're seeing this weirdness.

Game played fine, but it would get "stuck" in a specific situation.

If I was playing with the Powerball, shot the Powerball into the gumball machine, started Powerball multiball, & then put a ball or two into the subway, then the game wouldn't spit them out. Rather, it would just keep cycling the shooter lane diverter.

A trip through the Single Switches test menu revealed that the Right Trough switch was sticking. It was rubbing on the trough ejector arm. So, apparently, the game thought that there was a ball in the trough but assumed it must be the Powerball b/c the proximity switch wasn't registering a ball, so it kept trying to kick out a nonexistent ball.

A little bending of the switch arm & the kick-out arm, & all's well.

Oy, easy fix. Was scared there for a little while...

Thanks,
-Jason

#733 9 years ago

You know you have a problem when you start buying multiple examples of the same title?...Just picked up my second TZ last week to replace my "Players Quality" copy.

If anyone is in the North East or in Canada that is in the market for a clean nice working copy at a good price I'm selling my old one here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-bally-1993-1994

#734 9 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

Is the target the one from Pinball Resource, or from somewhere else? I've had the reinforced clock and slot greed targets in my game for more than 10 years, and neither one of them have bent.

IMG_1482.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I got mine from Marco.

#735 9 years ago

I ordered from PBR last week, already installed. Much beefier. Got the clock target too.

#736 9 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-custom-side-decals

in case anyone is interested. His other side decals are awesome.

#737 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
» YouTube video

must say...those speaker light kits look pretty cool.....

1 week later
#738 9 years ago

Just joined the most prestigious club on Pinside. I picked up a nice unshopped game from a guy who bought in 1998 for $2000. Him getting a big profit for owning TZ for 17 years seems like a sweet deal.

Lots of work to do. Lots of parts, LEDs and mods to buy. $165 for that sweet laser cut mini playfield lamp, huh? Lots of $100+ toys with LEDs crammed in too. Looks like I'm in for a lot more in this game... and I'll be having to make some of my own mods.

#739 9 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Just joined the most prestigious club on Pinside. I picked up a nice unshopped game from a guy who bought in 1998 for $2000. Him getting a big profit for owning TZ for 17 years seems like a sweet deal.
Lots of work to do. Lots of parts, LEDs and mods to buy. $165 for that sweet laser cut mini playfield lamp, huh? Lots of $100+ toys with LEDs crammed in too. Looks like I'm in for a lot more in this game... and I'll be having to make some of my own mods.

I may be selling my cut "street light".. Won't know yet until I start reassembly. If you are interested, drop me a PM.

#740 9 years ago

Wow just hit lost in the zone. The music changes after that very cool!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#741 9 years ago

Congrats sir!

1 week later
#742 9 years ago

Whew, this is sure turning into my most expensive shop job, especially of a fully working game. This game needs way more goodies than my others. For Breakshot I was able to order just a couple of plastic posts and flipper parts... I've got ordered:

$120 GLM door flasher board
$85 GLM mini playfield switch kit
$100 New lockdown bar
$90 Laretrotienda piano mod
$89 PBL slot scoop
$87 Mantis center ramp
$45 Pinbits plastic protectors and slot cliffy
$30 slot scoop LED (Ridiculous, was feeling lazy about DIY)
$27 PBL Powerball
~$150 in various common parts

Still "need":
$400 Color DMD
$150 LED OCD
~$100 Subwoofer
~$50-100 in plastics
~$?? TZ laser cut mini playfield lamp
$50 Dammit looking at Hwawonyu's picture above I need speaker lighting now...

I probably have enough stock of Comet sunlight LEDs to do that at least. I looked over most of the mods out there and think I'd rather spare the playfield clutter a bit. Maybe will get camera or town square lamp post if the fever rises... Maybe the translight door color changing thing... Am I missing anything you guys normally do to your games? Mine already has a gumball light board and new clock pcb.

Just a few dozen hours of work and sweet, sweet cleaning until I see what it looks like with it all fixed up...

#743 9 years ago

I would replace the slot (and maybe clock) target, add cliffys to rocket switch and left inlane. Backboard spiral decal looks awesome. Add some led strips in the back where it's dark. Upgrade backbox lighting to led. Ingos clock board is also really awesome. If you need mods (camera, street light, invader, car, robot) Lmk.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#744 9 years ago

The laretrotienda piano and rocket have landed in TZ

IMG_20150407_085628~2~2.jpgIMG_20150407_085628~2~2.jpg

#745 9 years ago

White clock face with blue housing looks nice!

#746 9 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

The laretrotienda piano and rocket have landed in TZ

That's the kind of rocket I've been looking for, where did you get it?

#747 9 years ago
Quoted from cableguy918:

That's the kind of rocket I've been looking for, where did you get it?

This Ebay store, I just ordered the piano myself:
ebay.com link: PINBALL

Just tore down my playfield. Lots of things behind other things, I can't wait to screw up putting it back together. Feels more annoying than STTNG already.

#748 9 years ago

I've owned mine since 1999.....likely never to get rid of it as it was my favorite game to play in the arcade at the now demolished mall in my hometown. Picked up the game fully shopped off route. This kicker was the price..... $799. Stupid college me should have also bought the fully shopped STING next to it for $799.

In related news....i should have bought Apple stock then too. Sigh.

#749 9 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

ebay.com link
Just tore down my playfield. Lots of things behind other things, I can't wait to screw up putting it back together. Feels more annoying than STTNG already.

Wow.... these mods keep getting pricier in a daily basis.....

#750 9 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

ebay.com link

Just be careful with the Piano install- and be extra careful too when working in your game around the rocket, lest you break it off its perch and have to run for the superglue, or even the touch up paint.

The Piano I believe needs to be elevated a millimeter or so above the piano "swamp" hole, otherwise the ball will on occasion collide with the bottom lip of the piano, eating away at the finish very quickly. See above picture installed elevated above the two screws, the second directly on the bracket (seated too low, bottom edge damaged by balls from playfield). I wouldn't even worry about the supplied tape on the bottom of the piano, just leave it be and wedge it "high" like so.

Laretrotienda's pics showing recommended install position I believe are extremely hazardous to this mods condition and I've reached out to tell him so and discuss my proposed solution.

2015-04-08_00.00.03.jpg2015-04-08_00.00.03.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 79.50
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 22.50
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 15,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.