IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 305.
#7051 4 years ago

I usually order mine from Action Pinball, since JWJ kinda fell off the map. Did he ever show back up?

#7052 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I mounted them remotely. Is corrosion the reason for your concern?

Yes, that was my initial thought.

#7053 4 years ago
Quoted from BenB:

I picked up my TZ a few weeks and have been going through it. I am wondering where the best place to get the newest Home Roms would be. I still have the original game roms currently.

Quick search:
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=30

#7054 4 years ago
Quoted from BenB:

I picked up my TZ a few weeks and have been going through it. I am wondering where the best place to get the newest Home Roms would be. I still have the original game roms currently.

Drop me a PM. I can send you some. (Though, fair warning: Will be 9.4H, not CH, and will be sent out next week if I don't hear from you before Wednesday as I'm going out of town.)

#7055 4 years ago

9.4H is where its at. My 4 year old just figured out how to cradle a ball and pause the game, LOL so that is basically all he does now.

#7056 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Yes, that was my initial thought.

Thanks. Honestly, I can't rule out some previous acid damage any time something like this happens. You clean that stuff up, swap components, etc, but in the back of your mind it's like cancer. You're wondering "what if it comes back???"

#7057 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Thanks. Honestly, I can't rule out some previous acid damage any time something like this happens. You clean that stuff up, swap components, etc, but in the back of your mind it's like cancer. You're wondering "what if it comes back???"

I had some odd behaviour in AFM - had a good look around, couldn't see anything. The weirdness carried on - so i took the CPU board out and hey-presto there it was - corrosion hidden from view. Board went off for proper professional fixing, and NVRAM'ing while i was at it - never had any more issues.

#7058 4 years ago

just joined the club yesterday
member of the DYWC (dangling yellow wire club) as well
anyone found the purpose of the "dangling yellow wire" ?

Added over 5 years ago:

link to the original post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/120#post-4455844

#7059 4 years ago

If everything works then I wouldn't worry about it.

#7060 4 years ago

Hey guys, there is a TZ slot topper on Ebay. Looks different than others I have seen.

#7061 4 years ago

Joining the club tomorrow!! Can’t wait! Delivery scheduled between 10-2!

#7062 4 years ago

Congrats

Quoted from JFink8222:

Joining the club tomorrow!! Can’t wait! Delivery scheduled between 10-2!

#7063 4 years ago

Here is some good TZ trivia from the local bar trivia night: Who are the 3 people that have hosted the Twilight Zone?

I guessed 2 right.

#7064 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Here is some good TZ trivia from the local bar trivia night: Who are the 3 people that have hosted the Twilight Zone?
I guessed 2 right.

Rod, Forrest Whitaker, Rollins

#7065 4 years ago

...and Jordan Peele, who is hosting the current version.

#7066 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

...and Jordan Peele, who is hosting the current version.

Dang, actually you’re right - I was thinking of “Night Visions” (which was awesome) with Henry rollins hosting

#7067 4 years ago

Aaaaargh switch 26 error. Powerball is not detected when in trough. Pulled the sensor board to see the sensor coil hanging off the board (hanging by 1 wire!). I ordered the coil itself but just broke down and spent the 40 extra bucks to get the whole
Board. It better work. MARCO.

#7068 4 years ago
Quoted from Inyo:

Hey guys, there is a TZ slot topper on Ebay. Looks different than others I have seen.

I have one of these on my TZ and it doesn’t have nearly as many different patterns. The seller posted a video of his:

#7069 4 years ago

Looks good.

Not that I suppose it matters hugely but one of the bulbs is out from looking at the video.

#7070 4 years ago
Quoted from Mthomasslo:

I have one of these on my TZ and it doesn’t have nearly as many different patterns. The seller posted a video of his:

That is insane. Plus $100 shipping! It will sell for $1,000 I bet. Wish there were more of these!

#7071 4 years ago

I've got a couple of lingering issues. Anyone have experience with these?
- Shooting the lock shot does not start quick multiball. Seems like all the switches are working during tests.
- Powerball sensor will sometimes give a false positive, but this mode will revert once the game senses a steel ball. Trough kicker is a bit wobbly, and I have replacement parts for that. Have the upgraded sensor boards been discontinued?

#7072 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That is insane. Plus $100 shipping! It will sell for $1,000 I bet. Wish there were more of these!

This is my auction. The topper features patterns not found on the standard model. If you have one of these toppers it can upgraded to limited edition by reprogramming. I will offer FREE upgrades at the Golden State pinball festival if anyone is interested.

#7073 4 years ago

Fixed one of my issues today... lower lock switch was actuating with finger, but not with a ball. After a switch adjustment that issue is solved.

I am guessing the powerball thing may be an adjustment as well. One of these days I will get off my lazy butt and install the new ball kicker for the trough.

#7074 4 years ago
Quoted from gottliebgreg:

This is my auction. The topper features patterns not found on the standard model. If you have one of these toppers it can upgraded to limited edition by reprogramming. I will offer FREE upgrades at the Golden State pinball festival if anyone is interested.

Wow! That is a very cool fun fact! I have been looking for one of these for a very long time!

#7075 4 years ago

All right, all -

I just replaced a VERY bad mess of a proximity coil (BTW I now have a backup if anyone is looking for one). Now when I get the game back together, the start button won't start a game, and the shooter lane diverter keeps firing and resetting. Other coils fire as normal - the game reset itself and put the appropriate balls into the gumball machine. I'll be looking at the wiring diagram; I figure I have a short somewhere, but I did not touch much in the game, and I dont' think anything with the diverter is shared with that proximity sensor, so... What gives?

#7076 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

All right, all -
I just replaced a VERY bad mess of a proximity coil (BTW I now have a backup if anyone is looking for one). Now when I get the game back together, the start button won't start a game, and the shooter lane diverter keeps firing and resetting. Other coils fire as normal - the game reset itself and put the appropriate balls into the gumball machine. I'll be looking at the wiring diagram; I figure I have a short somewhere, but I did not touch much in the game, and I dont' think anything with the diverter is shared with that proximity sensor, so... What gives?

Never mind! Turns out the coil for the trough kicker was bad - I think I must have been a little too rough when removing or installing the prox sensor. Replaced the Ae-1200 coil and all is good! (Man those kickers are a pain..)

#7077 4 years ago
Quoted from harig:

just joined the club yesterday
member of the DYWC (dangling yellow wire club) as well
anyone found the purpose of the "dangling yellow wire" ?

Added 6 days ago: link to the original post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/120#post-4455844

No purpose, other than a test point, and/or a break in the wire. (Since it's one of the longest wires, the automated wire-harness machines may have needed something to continue that line.)

#7078 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

ahem....1725.00 Bamm!....

#7079 4 years ago

holy shit

Quoted from monkfe:

ahem....1725.00 Bamm!....

#7081 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

No purpose, other than a test point, and/or a break in the wire.
(Since it's one of the longest wires, the automated wire-harness
machines may have needed something to continue that line.)

thanks!

#7082 4 years ago

Just installed Pinsound in my TZ...awesome upgrade. I'm not a sound guy by any means, but even with the original speakers, Wow....pretty cool.

#7083 4 years ago

Question: I have one of those translights where the bulbs in the cabinet burned some time in the past (before I got it), leaving the back of the translight itself with that nice brown ashtray color. The front looks fine, but I'm wondering: can the stain on the back be cleaned at all, and if so, how? Is it even worth it to bother?

Thanks!

#7084 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Question: I have one of those translights where the bulbs in the cabinet burned some time in the past (before I got it), leaving the back of the translight itself with that nice brown ashtray color. The front looks fine, but I'm wondering: can the stain on the back be cleaned at all, and if so, how? Is it even worth it to bother?
Thanks!

Be very careful, I made the mistake once of cleaning a translight using just some warm water applied to a soft rag, 10 seconds of barely touching the back of the translight and there was more white paint on the rag than the translight. A very costly error. If it looks OK from the front, you may want to consider just leaving it alone.

#7085 4 years ago
Quoted from mrf_pa:

Be very careful, I made the mistake once of cleaning a translight using just some warm water applied to a soft rag, 10 seconds of barely touching the back of the translight and there was more white paint on the rag than the translight. A very costly error. If it looks OK from the front, you may want to consider just leaving it alone.

I suspected as much. Best to leave well enough alone. Thanks!

#7086 4 years ago
Quoted from mrf_pa:

I've cleaned translites before with just wiping down with mild cleaner and rag. However, I did try to clean the one on my FT and the white paint came off. It was a spot that was already stained with something. Thing was filthy and nasty so had to be cleaned or replaced.

#7087 4 years ago

Anyone have a cross over ramp they would sell me?
Marco part number: 12-7062
From the manual: A-16059

I have a spare power ramp I could trade. Or just cash.

#7088 4 years ago

I have cleaned the back of my FT and TZ translights with a damp cloth to remove some of the dingy brown staining with no issue. I found light cleaning was not an issue on mine.

#7089 4 years ago

Something new every day.

I was on ball one and power drained so hard down the middle that the ball bounced out of the trough and came up the right out lane. The game thought I drained so it kicks out the next ball which happened to be the Powerball. Powerball launches out of the auto fire lane, and the game goes into Powerball mode.

I play a mini multiball for a while until I drain the Powerball. The game stays in Powerball mode since it doesn't know the Powerball is in the trough. I then shot the camera and the game registers the steel ball and Powerball mode turns off.

It gave me a chuckle.

#7090 4 years ago

So I’m thrilled to share that I’m joining the TZ club tomorrow. After years of admiring this legendary pin from afar (I’ve actually only played this pin maybe 6-8 times total in my life), I found a beautiful original example to trade for. I’m giving up a beautiful MB plus cash for this very clean TZ with color DMD. I love MB. I hope to own it again someday. But the opportunity to own a very nice TZ is too compelling to pass up. The theme, the many shots, the deep code. I did my research before taking the dive. I am thrilled to become a TZ owner. My wife and I have owned other Pat L titles - CSI, Ripley’s, Dialed In, Shrek. We love the way he packs shots into a playfield. He likes chaos, it seems, with shots from multiple flippers and angles. I tested this particular TZ and it plays great. Good, strong flippers and smooth shots. Cabinet isn’t faded yet. I’ve picked out a couple mods and decals, but I will try not to go overboard. They offer SO many amazing mods for this pin, it would be easy to get carried away.

We will pick up our new TZ on Monday and bring her home. Can’t wait. I haven’t even begun to scratch the surface of this amazing, benchmark pin. I understand Lawlor was given a very wide latitude to make this game as amazing as he wanted after the incredible success of TAF. I wonder if pinball reached a zenith of sorts in 1993 and if any machine will approach TZ in terms of complexity and grandiosity in the future. Can’t wait to open the door...

#7091 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

Something new every day.
I was on ball one and power drained so hard down the middle that the ball bounced out of the trough and came up the right out lane. The game thought I drained so it kicks out the next ball which happened to be the Powerball. Powerball launches out of the auto fire lane, and the game goes into Powerball mode.
I play a mini multiball for a while until I drain the Powerball. The game stays in Powerball mode since it doesn't know the Powerball is in the trough. I then shot the camera and the game registers the steel ball and Powerball mode turns off.
It gave me a chuckle.

Things may not be what they appear...in the Twilight Zone

#7092 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

So I’m thrilled to share that I’m joining the TZ club tomorrow. After years of admiring this legendary pin from afar (I’ve actually only played this pin maybe 6-8 times total in my life), I found a beautiful original example to trade for. I’m giving up a beautiful MB plus cash for this very clean TZ with color DMD. I love MB. I hope to own it again someday. But the opportunity to own a very nice TZ is too compelling to pass up. The theme, the many shots, the deep code. I did my research before taking the dive. I am thrilled to become a TZ owner. My wife and I have owned other Pat L titles - CSI, Ripley’s, Dialed In, Shrek. We love the way he packs shots into a playfield. He likes chaos, it seems, with shots from multiple flippers and angles. I tested this particular TZ and it plays great. Good, strong flippers and smooth shots. Cabinet isn’t faded yet. I’ve picked out a couple mods and decals, but I will try not to go overboard. They offer SO many amazing mods for this pin, it would be easy to get carried away.
We will pick up our new TZ on Monday and bring her home. Can’t wait. I haven’t even begun to scratch the surface of this amazing, benchmark pin. I understand Lawlor was given a very wide latitude to make this game as amazing as he wanted after the incredible success of TAF. I wonder if pinball reached a zenith of sorts in 1993 and if any machine will approach TZ in terms of complexity and grandiosity in the future. Can’t wait to open the door...

Congratulations! TZ has been my one and only pin for over a decade now. I am considering adding another soon, but I will never get rid of my first love. If you love the game and the theme it is hard to think of a better pin for the home. Enjoy!

#7093 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Can’t wait to open the door...

Just don’t touch it!

Enjoy - great game. On my 3rd.

#7094 4 years ago

Any suggestions for weak upper flippers? I’ve changed the sleeves and everything flows smoothly. However they are extremely weak and lagging. Should I just completely change out the coils? All else works perfect

#7095 4 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Any suggestions for weak upper flippers? I’ve changed the sleeves and everything flows smoothly. However they are extremely weak and lagging. Should I just completely change out the coils? All else works perfect

Sometimes dirty flipper button optos can be the cause of weak flippers, and each flipper has its own opto. They need to put out a solid off/on signal.

#7096 4 years ago

You could just replace the flipper opto boards and rebuild all the flippers. That's what I did when I first got my pin. Flippers didn't feel strong and no obvious problems. Adds up in cost but doesn't hurt to make sure everything fresh and correct. Also check to make sure correct coils installed. The last game I got, FT, flipped okay but had wrong coils and incorrect parts.

#7097 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You could just replace the flipper opto boards and rebuild all the flippers. That's what I did when I first got my pin. Flippers didn't feel strong and no obvious problems. Adds up in cost but doesn't hurt to make sure everything fresh and correct. Also check to make sure correct coils installed. The last game I got, FT, flipped okay but had wrong coils and incorrect parts.

Poor advice imho.

<soapbox> Replacing boards instead of learning to service them needlessly adds to the landfill and doesn’t help the owner learn more about how his game works. The more you learn, the easier future fixes will be. There is a pride in running old machines with old boards that you and others have cleaned and serviced. Reject throw-away culture!" </soapbox>

#7098 4 years ago

I will check out the opto boards and see what needs to be fixed. The lower flippers work perfect with zero power issues. It’s the upper flippers that are weak. One day at a time. Still rebuilding a Sooranos so always a project

#7099 4 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

I will check out the opto boards and see what needs to be fixed. The lower flippers work perfect with zero power issues. It’s the upper flippers that are weak. One day at a time. Still rebuilding a Sooranos so always a project

I have this same issue - both upper flippers (mostly the left one) are super weak. the piano shot is pretty hard to make. I've replaced the coil and sleeve, but I can't recall if I replaced the plunger. Will check the optos as well, thanks for the tip!

#7100 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Poor advice imho.
&lt;soapbox&gt; Replacing boards instead of learning to service them needlessly adds to the landfill and doesn’t help the owner learn more about how his game works. The more you learn, the easier future fixes will be. There is a pride in running old machines with old boards that you and others have cleaned and serviced. Reject throw-away culture!" &lt;/soapbox&gt;

Uh, ok. Woe is me for throwing away a few small old grungy boards and worn out flipper parts. How will I ever sleep at night? Please. Time is a factor in everything and not like I threw away the entire pin because one switch is out. I got full time job, 3 kids, aging parents, and a house to run. If I can replace a part cheaply and get things working right quickly, I am going to do that. It's a blessing you can buy so many replacement pin parts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/142?hl=monkfe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.