Topic Stats

• 7,309 posts
  • 547 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 minutes ago by cocomonkeh
  • Topic is favorited by 287 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,890 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190720_190118 (resized).jpg
20190720_190155 (resized).jpg
GS-TZA-16533 (resized).jpg
662B40DE-BE0B-4A8F-999A-AEB426CC4474 (resized).jpeg
9D217DE3-92C9-4A77-B3DB-52336F16565B (resized).jpeg
e969ecd2b86414bfc832569af6db7152ec58d359.jpg
BEBE4C1B-B15A-4BC7-8381-9DC04F82BBB0 (resized).png
IMG_2821 (resized).jpeg
81DECA32-55F7-4B79-8829-7F884607E798 (resized).jpeg
61635733-40B4-4AAC-8F9C-989DFFB107E3 (resized).jpeg
20190610_220742 (resized).jpg
60DC3E76-0003-4C1B-AA77-58041CA1CC6C (resized).jpeg
IMG_2432 (resized).jpeg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_95a (resized).jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_95b (resized).jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_955 (resized).jpg

There are 7309 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 147.
#651 4 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Anyone know where I can find a blue clock housing?

Did you check with Mantis?

http://www.mantisamusements.com/tz.htm

#653 4 years ago

Thanks for the leads guys. I'm assuming people are just using a clear back? Pictures just show a blue front?

#655 4 years ago

Anyone else have a green clock housing?

IMG_1981.jpg

#656 4 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

IMG_1981.jpg 261 KB

I never cared for the green it looks like it doesn't belong. I have a blue one.

#657 4 years ago

I went with blue over red because i have the piano mod which is red and wanted some contrast.

#658 4 years ago

does the blue really light up enough with stock bulbs? Can I change bulbs to leds in clock...Not even sure which clock board i have

#659 4 years ago

I am having a difficult time getting the auto launch to have a smooth shot through the orbit. 20% of the time the ball bounces around too much by the time it gets to the magnets. Any suggestions?

#660 4 years ago

double post.

#661 4 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

I have the Green one, I like the way it seems to glow.

#662 4 years ago

0208151706.jpg0207152023.jpg0207151829.jpg

I built a saucer with a model kit and light module that a I bought on ebay. I bought the camera off of ebay, paianted it and added the leds. Then I found the lamp post at my local hobby store. I think these mods look pretty dakm good.

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I am having a difficult time getting the auto launch to have a smooth shot through the orbit. 20% of the time the ball bounces around too much by the time it gets to the magnets. Any suggestions?

I have the same issue - maybe as many as 30% don't make it.
Check this page here for one solution. I haven't tried it yet but wil when I get around to it.
http://www.edcheung.com/album/album08/pinball/tz.htm
(Need to scroll down)

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

I have the same issue - maybe as many as 30% don't make it.
Check this page here for one solution. I haven't tried it yet but wil when I get around to it.
http://www.edcheung.com/album/album08/pinball/tz.htm
(Need to scroll down)

Thank you, I've mostly been messing with the mounting of the kicker and the magnet levels. I will for sure try the washers and such.

#665 4 years ago

I forget all i messed with but first thing was take rubber off the post in middle . Then I slightly bent the launching arm one way or the othef depending what side it was hitting . I haven't had one ball miss the orbit since in 2000 games however the power ball messes up sometimes if its in the mix

#666 4 years ago

Magnet levels wouldnt mess with it as it happens before all that

#667 4 years ago

The plastics in the back left corner were looking pretty ratty so I had to replace them and put in new flasher sockets. 0118151830b.jpg0118151957.jpg0118151958.jpg0118152101.jpg

#668 4 years ago

Excited to be in the club as of 12/13/14. Sold my TFTC prototype for $3450. Picked up this players TZ for $3850. Its been HUO since about 1999. Just a little fade to the decals, looks uniform (as opposed to one side full color, other side faded to B&W). Invested about $900 in a new clear plastic ramp, new german clock board, NOS clock plastics, new reinforced slot scoop, cliffys, lastrotienda piano mod, new legs and a few new PF plastics, along with new side rails, glass guides, new carriage bolts and mirror blades which will be installed in a little over a week or so when my stepdad visits to help with his mad carpentry skills. She isn't perfect, nor will she be after these changes, but I think she's gonna be a very pretty girl

IMG_20150125_172448~2 (1).jpg
IMG_20150207_130941~2-770.jpg
IMG_20150208_143530 1-287.jpg

#669 4 years ago

Still modding my game. Added the spiral back decal, blue led strips (facing down right back) plus the invader this morning (back right). Invader is pretty cool, I put two green LEDs in his hands, two whites coming out the side of his head, plus a blue one that lights up his eyes (hard to see, my phone sucks taking led pics). Game is really looking great...and no credit dot now that my clock is fixed! Put Ingos board in and a blue clock housing. Look around, there's a few other mods in there.

image-933.jpg
#670 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Excited to be in the club as of 12/13/14. Sold my TFTC prototype for $3450. Picked up this players TZ for $3850. Its been HUO since about 1999. Just a little fade to the decals, looks uniform (as opposed to one side full color, other side faded to B&W). Invested about $900 in a new clear plastic ramp, new german clock board, NOS clock plastics, new reinforced slot scoop, cliffys, lastrotienda piano mod, new legs and a few new PF plastics, along with new side rails, glass guides, new carriage bolts and mirror blades which will be installed in a little over a week or so when my stepdad visits to help with his mad carpentry skills. She isn't perfect, nor will she be after these changes, but I think she's gonna be a very pretty girl

Welcome to the club. TZ is the best game on the planet. I have been playing it all day. Beautiful game. Love the mods. Enjoy!!

#671 4 years ago

Anyone needing a clock board, I highly recommend Ingo Kramer's Board with rainbow LEDS.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ingo-kramers-twilight-zone-tz-clock-board-rainbow-leds-blue-housing

#672 4 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Anyone needing a clock board, I highly recommend Ingo Kramer's Board with rainbow LEDS.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ingo-kramers-twilight-zone-tz-clock-board-rainbow-leds-blue-housing

Note that he ahs the boards on backorder - won't be ready until first week in March.

#673 4 years ago

owner

#674 4 years ago

Just joined the club today
image-417.jpg

#675 4 years ago

Congrats! One of the all-time greats.

#676 4 years ago

Own my for 14 years or so ,still love playing it a lot

#677 4 years ago

Does anyone have an idea where I can get a cleared TZ PF for a swap?

#678 4 years ago

Weren't all tz play fields cleared?

#679 4 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

They're out there. I think Chad Keller has one.

#680 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Because it looks better. old bulbs look like crap. Old yellow lighting .

While the dim yellowed bulbs can look bad, they are at least putting out generally white light. The blue overkill that people do is horrible. Using a white LED gives off better light than the incandescents and does not screw up the playfeld/plastics colors like the colored lights do.

#681 4 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Check with Kruzman, OR, strip yours down, send it off to get done, and then when you get it back, put it in!

#682 4 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

There is one on ebay now but I believe it is some crazy price. Wait and see if it sells, if not make an offer.

#683 4 years ago

I added some cool new decals today to TZ, one for the lamp and one for the backboard

image.jpg
#684 4 years ago

Thanks for all the TZ PF ideas. What do you guys think of the PFs from Planetary Pinball. I think they make a bunch different playfields.

#685 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

I added some cool new decals today to TZ

Where did you get that backboard decal, Sweet!

#686 4 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Thanks for all the TZ PF ideas. What do you guys think of the PFs from Planetary Pinball. I think they make a bunch different playfields.

These are pretty good from what i have seen but i check them out at Kruzmans house, he still sands them down, flattens them out, touches them up and clears them. He finds flaws in any pf that he can't help but fix.

#688 4 years ago

Tech thing....am I the only one that gets pissed at the 5million target to the left of slot scoop always pushes back, allowing the ball to smack off the side of the scoop? I actually have an indentation on that side, and hate that sound.

Is there a reinforced switch I can swap for that one, which could withstand the continued ball attack without moving back? I've tried different foam behind the target, but nothing stops the " clank"...any ideas?......thanks fellow TZ owners...mark

#689 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Tech thing....am I the only one that gets pissed at the 5million target to the left of slot scoop always pushes back, allowing the ball to smack off the side of the scoop? I actually have an indentation on that side, and hate that sound.
Is there a reinforced switch I can swap for that one, which could withstand the continued ball attack without moving back? I've tried different foam behind the target, but nothing stops the " clank"...any ideas?......thanks fellow TZ owners...mark

Mine does the same thing. Has anyone tried a mezle target holder there!

#690 4 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Mine does the same thing. Has anyone tried a mezle target holder there!

One of the suppliers has a 'reinforced' version of the target. Unsure how well it works - Back in the mid-90's I put a pivot to a slot-kicker arm behind min, and it worked just fine for the last 15 years at least.

#691 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

One of the suppliers has a 'reinforced' version of the target. Unsure how well it works - Back in the mid-90's I put a pivot to a slot-kicker arm behind min, and it worked just fine for the last 15 years at least.

I did something like you said with a metal pop bumper yolk bc its all i had at the time and everything been fine since or you can use thick gauge wire from behind to a screw . There are tons of threads on this subject if people would search lol. I actually dont like the reinforced target there bc it launches the ball when hit and damages all types of shit

#692 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I did something like you said with a metal pop bumper yolk bc its all i had at the time and everything been fine since or you can use thick gauge wire from behind to a screw . There are tons of threads on this subject if people would search lol. I actually dont like the reinforced target there bc it launches the ball when hit and damages all types of shit

Did a crapload of searching...seems the Mantis scoop is the best fix....best price to find one?

#693 4 years ago

Actually just sent him an email....thanks guys.....mark

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Did a crapload of searching...seems the Mantis scoop is the best fix....best price to find one?

Its a good fix if u need a scoop also? A one dollar (if that )part can fix the issue tho

#695 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its a good fix if u need a scoop also? A one dollar (if that )part can fix the issue tho

My scoop has a nice gouge in it from the ball hitting it for years.....was going to attempt the wire fix, but I really like the metal behind the target....my ramp is ok...I'll clean and try to sell it w the gouge for $20 or something....

#696 4 years ago

The machine is a keeper for me ( players version though, no HEP here) so I don't mind making an improvement...

#697 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My scoop has a nice gouge in it from the ball hitting it for years.....was going to attempt the wire fix, but I really like the metal behind the target....my ramp is ok...I'll clean and try to sell it w the gouge for $20 or something....

Ramp? Lol ill buy your old scoop possibly if the weld isnt broke ?

#698 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The machine is a keeper for me ( players version though, no HEP here) so I don't mind making an improvement...

Yea me to mine is a excellent condition original that was huo supposedly it definitely looks and plays the part its not going anywhere bc doubt id fine another as nice for the price i paid

#699 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ramp? Lol ill buy your old scoop possibly if the weld isnt broke ?

Welds fine...a little dirty, and distinct " U" shape on left side where ball has been pounding it for some time...I'll shoot some pictures, after I swap it out, and it's yours, if you want it.

Love this machine, so I'll put a little in it....

#700 4 years ago

Ha yes...scoop, not ramp.....sleeping pills kicking in....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 10.95
There are 7309 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 147.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside