IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 305.
#6901 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

flipper alignment pin? Just tap it down and file it off so it can be flush on the pf?
Can someone do me a favor and measure what the distance/width in mm is across the opening of the camera shot when the flipper is up. ie. how wide the shot is.
I'd recently sold my tz so I can't do it. I want to use the measurement against another machine.

this help?

IMG_0623 (resized).JPGIMG_0623 (resized).JPG
#6902 5 years ago

Yeah, it's a flipper-align hole. Take the rubber off the fliper, slip a toothpick in the hole, and rest the fliipper against the toothpick for 'proper' alignment.

#6903 5 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

this help?
[quoted image]

Awesome! Thank you very much!

#6904 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Awesome! Thank you very much!

I can see from the photo, mine goes higher when looking at where his aligns with the artwork, but I don't have my flipper aligned all the way back to the align pin. Lots of variables when checking that.

#6905 5 years ago

Hi,
FYI, I'm selling my TZ, local pick up in San Jose.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/73502

#6906 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yeah, it's a flipper-align hole. Take the rubber off the fliper, slip a toothpick in the hole, and rest the fliipper against the toothpick for 'proper' alignment.

Thats a great idea! Never figured out how to use it to align the flipper. Thanks!

#6907 5 years ago

My beloved TZ is currently in HEP land...Anxious for it to come home ( next to it's HEP TAF)...The world will then be right again...

IMG_20190309_215854137 (resized).jpgIMG_20190309_215854137 (resized).jpg
#6908 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My beloved TZ is currently in HEP land...Anxious for it to come home ( next to it's HEP TAF)...The world will then be right again...
[quoted image]

... and you have the IGP topper. I have been looking for that for 5 years. Glad you recognise how awesome a game TZ is.. but screw you! Haha

#6909 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

... and you have the IGP topper. I have been looking for that for 5 years. Glad you recognise how awesome a game TZ is.. but screw you! Haha

These 2 games will always be the cornerstone of this hobby for me...(took me some time to find this topper, years ago...)

#6910 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

If I do that, the ball coming from the right orbit or from the diverter, will hurt every time the rubber that stand between the hitchhiker lane and the camera line. And bounce toward the right slingshot (or sometimes the right outlane... )
Not yours?

#6911 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Post some pics - I want to replace my godawful PPS one

What's the problem with yours?

#6912 5 years ago
Quoted from broher:

What's the problem with yours?

It’s a horrible reproduction - Waaaaaaaaay Too dark, blurry, colors are off. It’s absolutely terrible looking. It is so dark that it almost looks like there are no lights in the backbox except in the white parts. I bought it from another Pinsider for $100 as a backup to my yellowing original, and absolutely regret that decision entirely.

#6913 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s a horrible reproduction - Waaaaaaaaay Too dark, blurry, colors are off. It’s absolutely terrible looking. It is so dark that it almost looks like there are no lights in the backbox except in the white parts. I bought it from another Pinsider for $100 as a backup to my yellowing original, and absolutely regret that decision entirely.

But, are you sure it's from pps?

#6914 5 years ago
Quoted from broher:

But, are you sure it's from pps?

Yep

#6915 5 years ago

I do have a source for a very nice repro TZ translite.

#6917 5 years ago
Quoted from broher:

I do have a source for a very nice repro TZ translite.

Thanks - I know a great Pinsider who has a excellent source as well, but I think I am going to get one of the CPR backglasses once I shop this machine.

#6918 5 years ago

I have a brand new in the box INGO clock board with both warm white and blue led's. Never installed. The TZ I was supposed to purchase fell through and I subsequently purchased one from a fellow pinside member that already had one. So PM me if interested. Authentic German language packing paper thrown in at no charge!

Item sold....thanks for playing

#6919 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Interesting. The person I got my TZ from threw it in several years ago. I didnt think much of it, didnt realize they were so sought after.

20190310_184938 (resized).jpg20190310_184938 (resized).jpg
#6920 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

[quoted image]

That will be a nice pair. May I ask where your mats came from?

#6921 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

That will be a nice pair. May I ask where your mats came from?

Found on e-bay several years ago.....I'm always scouring in the collectibles section.....bought the bar stools there too (think those are still being made)

#6922 5 years ago

Yes I got my BBB stool from that guy I think. Looks great. I'll have to look for the mats.

#6923 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Yes I got my BBB stool from that guy I think. Looks great. I'll have to look for the mats.

yep, same guy.. (got him to make an AFM version, as well)..if you find the mats, lmk (I'll keep looking too)...would like a spare set...

#6924 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Your Avatar and machine are awesome....time for a colordmd (if you haven't done it already)...bet it would look killer on BBB (looks great on everything, actually)..

#6925 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Your Avatar and machine are awesome....time for a colordmd (if you haven't done it already)...bet it would look killer on BBB (looks great on everything, actually)..

Yes I cant wait to install it in BBB. I have one preordered at TPF to go in my South Park at the show, and plan to put it in BBB when I get back!

#6926 5 years ago

Miss the TZ talk...

#6927 5 years ago

?NEED HELP Want to get a color dmd
LED or LCD

#6928 5 years ago
Quoted from broher:

Miss the TZ talk...

ALEXSMENDES is back with another account.

#6929 5 years ago
Quoted from Ijpinball:

?NEED HELP Want to get a color dmd
LED or LCD

I like LCD, as I am a HIRES guy...LED version is brighter, but can only do dots, and fits more machines, I believe...

#6930 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben38:

If I do that, the ball coming from the right orbit or from the diverter, will hurt every time the rubber that stand between the hitchhiker lane and the camera line. And bounce toward the right slingshot (or sometimes the right outlane... )
Not yours?

Make sure your playfield is level.

#6931 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Make sure your playfield is level.

Yes it is. Left-right level is OK. And level is between 6,5 & 7°
Yours don't do that? If you send a ball in the right orbit, and don't catch it with the upper left flipper, where arrive the ball?
Left flipper, sdtm, right flipper?

#6932 5 years ago

I'll be replacing my smoked ramp with a clear one. This should help lighten up that back corner.

ramps (resized).jpgramps (resized).jpg

#6933 5 years ago

Is it tricky to replace the ramp?

#6934 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I'll be replacing my smoked ramp with a clear one. This should help lighten up that back corner.
[quoted image]

Nice. I put a clear ramp in my TAF.

#6935 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Is it tricky to replace the ramp?

It’s not too bad. You have to resolder all the flashers and re-tie the wires but it doesn’t really take all that long.

#6936 5 years ago

Hmm, you can't just pull through the cables for the flashers through holes in the playfield?

#6937 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben38:

Yours don't do that? If you send a ball in the right orbit, and don't catch it with the upper left flipper, where arrive the ball?
Left flipper, sdtm, right flipper?

My angle is 6.5 on all my pins. A fast shot around the right orbit will follow the ball guide and go past the UL flipper and head toward the lower right flipper.

You can probably adjust the position of the upper left ball guide if yours needs it.

#6938 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Hmm, you can't just pull through the cables for the flashers through holes in the playfield?

The new ramp doesn't come with the wiring loom and mini plugs, just flasher sockets only. So you have to swap the wiring loom over from the old to the new ramp by de-soldering the old flashers, clipping any cable ties, then re-solder and cable tie it all to the new ramp. Just like replacing the mini-playfield 'street lamp'.

#6939 5 years ago

Thanks. That sounds beyond me

#6940 5 years ago

I don't think its so bad... it's not like detailed board soldering. It can be done with a basic soldering iron and basic skills. Youtube has some tutorial videos.

Hey, I have a question for anyone who has rebuilt the clock mech. I am assembling now after cleaning and I am wondering if the plastic gears should be lubricated or if they are better left alone.

#6941 5 years ago

check out this new TZ topper on e-bay, I'm not really into non-original toppers, but it is kinda kool . . .

ebay.com link: 2 IN 1 TOPPER TWILIGHT ZONE Pinball Machine TOPPER INTERACTIVE

#6942 5 years ago

$430 lol

#6943 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I don't think its so bad... it's not like detailed board soldering. It can be done with a basic soldering iron and basic skills. Youtube has some tutorial videos.
Hey, I have a question for anyone who has rebuilt the clock mech. I am assembling now after cleaning and I am wondering if the plastic gears should be lubricated or if they are better left alone.

Lube them. Your clock will be much quieter. I use teflon made for skateboard bearings. Works great.

#6944 5 years ago

Ya a bit expen$ive . . .

#6945 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Yes. They disconnect underneath the playfield.

#6946 5 years ago

Got a repro playfield from Mirco. Looks awesome.

#6947 5 years ago

I have one of their mini playfileds, and it's facken awesome quality . . .

Quoted from OlDirty:

Got a repro playfield from Mirco. Looks awesome.

#6948 5 years ago

Has it been mentioned that TZ featured in episode 3 of TITANS on netflix?

Not just in the background but main character was playing and talking about the game.

Pretty unusual for pinball to get that kind of exposure in a modern hit series.

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80218200

#6949 5 years ago

On my TZ, the ball ejector and auto shooter are both only successful in doing their jobs about 2/3 of the time and seem weak. The ball ejector feels free, not binding. Anyone have similar issues?

#6950 5 years ago
Quoted from Barr993:

On my TZ, the ball ejector and auto shooter are both only successful in doing their jobs about 2/3 of the time and seem weak. The ball ejector feels free, not binding. Anyone have similar issues?

Check the coils, make sure they aren’t getting too hot. More likely the sleeves or possibly the plungers need to be replaced

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.50
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/139?hl=ben38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.