Topic Stats

• 6,680 posts
  • 488 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 minutes ago by PinRob
  • Topic is favorited by 247 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,792 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1CF46751-CC53-4395-BE7C-DE05977D3705 (resized).png
8056053E-844A-4D8A-BBB4-D0EA203606AB (resized).jpeg
IMG_2421 (resized).JPG
IMG_2418 (resized).JPG
IMG_2417 (resized).JPG
20181202_205635 (resized).jpg
20181202_205633 (resized).jpg
20181202_205638 (resized).jpg
20181202_205648 (resized).jpg
C7DE20D7-3047-4A6F-90DF-0C82D8B9D474 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20180128_215532 (resized).jpg
BC5236B1-FEA0-4A1F-B402-0280B22582FD (resized).jpeg
IMG_2337 (resized).JPG
IMG_2336 (resized).JPG
IMG_2335 (resized).JPG

There are 6680 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 134.
#6651 12 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think in this case, Mantis just produced a whole bunch of TZ-related metal items, and decided to improve this scoop since he had already done the slot machine one. I've bought a ton of stuff from Mantis, everything I've received has been AWESOME.

agreed, this stuff is excellent. but buying something that's not needed is silly when those funds can be put toward things that are needed, or another machine. I'm sure someone, broke one, once, buts its a very uncommon issue.

#6652 12 days ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Pzy it appears correct.
Could it be someone installed wrong spring?
[quoted image]

well with the pointless plastic protector on the game the ball is now being hit lower than it should be. That could be enough to give the ball extra lift and cause your issue.

#6653 12 days ago
Quoted from Marvin:

agreed, this stuff is excellent. but buying something that's not needed is silly when those funds can be put toward things that are needed, or another machine. I'm sure someone, broke one, once, buts its a very uncommon issue.

You'd have to be really determined to break that scoop I feel. As has been said already the plunger spring isn't that strong by design, I certainly can't think how you would fire it into the scoop metal at anything like the same speed as the flippers do with the slot machine.

#6654 10 days ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Absolutely - my point was really to support Mantis. Everything I’ve ever bought there, from the slot scoop, to play field supports, to lock bar receiver, to steel WPC95 speaker panels.. has been outstanding quality.

#6655 10 days ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Pzy it appears correct.
Could it be someone installed wrong spring?
[quoted image]

Any thoughts to what could be causing the ball when launch to hit wire ball trail in middle of Playfield?

#6656 10 days ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Any thoughts to what could be causing the ball when launch to hit wire ball trail in middle of Playfield?

Was it happening before the pf protector? I could see the ball potentially skipping as it hits the edge of it coming out of the rocket and getting some air. Or that the ball is being held up too high because of the protector and now the kicker hits the ball lower-down and launches it airborne.

Does it do it when it’s aimed differently? Say, when you aim it all the way left and test it at a handful of points ending at the extreme right aiming, is there a point where airballs begin or does it happen through the full range from left to right?

#6657 10 days ago

Get rid of the silly pf protector. The pf has diamond plate FFS.

#6658 10 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Get rid of the silly pf protector. The pf has diamond plate FFS.

Someone replaced PF and it’s not protected

#6659 10 days ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

replaced it with what? any repro is cleared too.

#6660 10 days ago
Quoted from DW3000:

Was it happening before the pf protector? I could see the ball potentially skipping as it hits the edge of it coming out of the rocket and getting some air. Or that the ball is being held up too high because of the protector and now the kicker hits the ball lower-down and launches it airborne.
Does it do it when it’s aimed differently? Say, when you aim it all the way left and test it at a handful of points ending at the extreme right aiming, is there a point where airballs begin or does it happen through the full range from left to right?

It seems to happen at full range of adjustments.
Thought it might of been leveling issue, PF within 0.1 degrees.

Never tried it without PF protector.
When I got game stripped pf down.

#6661 10 days ago

Think spring could be wrong one, what spring PN should be in there.

#6662 10 days ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

The replacement definitely has a clearcoat on it. Unless he made it himself somehow

#6663 8 days ago

Rocket launcher- made adjustments on both sides and ball no longer hits wire rail.

Lobbing balls from launcher is this typical, meaning ball doesn't stay on PF?

Never really paid attention to this in my other TZ

#6664 8 days ago

No it's not typical. The ball never leaves the playfield on my rocket launcher.

#6665 8 days ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Lobbing balls from launcher is this typical, meaning ball doesn't stay on PF

Never had that happen on mine no matter how it’s been adjusted. I do think that the pf protector is adding enough height that it’s hitting down low and almost “flicking” the ball airborne a bit, or the ball is skipping if it’s hitting the edge of the protector. Either that or the kicker mech is loose underneath somehow and the slop is introducing some weird angle..

Otherwise, it’s the same mechanism as the auto-plunger, and the auto plunger never air-balls either.

#6666 8 days ago

Would to hear back from other people who installed a PF protector on TZ .
Do you have air balls attributed to rocket launcher?

Would be helpful before ripping out protector,

#6667 8 days ago

I just can't see how a piece of PETG would cause airballs. I think these people who say this product is crap and changes ball dynamics are nuts. I'd love to see some real proof or someone do a REAL study on this before condemning them.

#6668 8 days ago
Quoted from DW3000:

Never had that happen on mine no matter how it’s been adjusted. I do think that the pf protector is adding enough height that it’s hitting down low and almost “flicking” the ball airborne a bit, or the ball is skipping if it’s hitting the edge of the protector. Either that or the kicker mech is loose underneath somehow and the slop is introducing some weird angle..

The height probably has nothing to do with it, these things are super thin. I could however see it hitting the edge of the lip and causing a skip. Mine shoots straight as can be also with no issues whatsoever but it is also the bare playfield and not a protector.

#6669 8 days ago

Probably easier to diagnose if you have a smartphone or camera with decent slow-motion capabilities... then post a gif for us!

#6670 8 days ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

If you're absolutely dedicated to keeping the silly protector, check the alignment and use physics to diagnose the problem:

1. You technically raised the playfield slightly with the protector. To counter the hight difference, lower the mechanism with thin washers (equal to thickness of said silly protector) under the pf to rule out the hight issue.

2. I don't know the design of said silly protector, but it sounds like you've introduced a thin bump that the ball must travel over. Introduce some mylar that matches the protector height so that the ball sits on the mylar and does not travel over a bump.

3. After you've done these, you should know with reasonable confidence that the problem is or is not said silly protector.

#6671 8 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You technically raised the playfield slightly with the protector. To counter the hight difference, lower the mechanism with thin washers (equal to thickness of said silly protector) under the pf to rule out the hight issue.

This would increase the difference (lowering the arm), not reduce it. As long as it’s tightly mounted and there are no washers between the base and the bottom of the playfield the mech arm is as high up on the playing surface as it can be.

#6672 8 days ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

A lot of phones have slow motion video recording. Record the ball launch with that and it should let you see what is happening (ball launched up from kicker? ball launched and then bounces up from playfield?)

#6673 8 days ago
Quoted from merccat:

This would increase the difference (lowering the arm), not reduce it. As long as it’s tightly mounted and there are no washers between the base and the bottom of the playfield the mech arm is as high up on the playing surface as it can be.

Oh yeah, my bad. Then I'd do the mylar.

#6674 8 days ago

I had a of protector on my TZ. Yes it caused airballs from the rocket.
Problem solved when I used a cliffy in the slot. Yes cliffy was on top of the plastic. I think the ball was hitting the edge of the plastic and getting airborne. The cliffy levelled it out.
Since then I have done a playfield swap and am not using the protector any more. Using Mylar in key areas.

#6675 8 days ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

I had a of protector on my TZ. Yes it caused airballs from the rocket.
Problem solved when I used a cliffy in the slot. Yes cliffy was on top of the plastic. I think the ball was hitting the edge of the plastic and getting airborne. The cliffy levelled it out.
Since then I have done a playfield swap and am not using the protector any more. Using Mylar in key areas.

Appreciate input.
What made you stop using protector?

1 week later
#6676 7 hours ago

I need a complete flipper board. One of mine is incorrect. I’ve found the board and opto interrupter arm on Marco for sale but haven’t seen the steel bracket that thay mount to for sale.
Dose anybody know where I can get a complete board with arm and mounting plate? Or maby where to buy the steel mounting bracket?
Ideally I’d like to buy two complete like the picture I attached taken from HEPs thread.
Thanks
RVH

1CF46751-CC53-4395-BE7C-DE05977D3705 (resized).png8056053E-844A-4D8A-BBB4-D0EA203606AB (resized).jpeg
#6677 6 hours ago
Quoted from RVH:

where to buy the steel mounting bracket?

I don't see A-15893 opto board mtg. bracket for sale anywhere using the pinball parts search.

You could start a want to buy tread. No doubt someone has spares on a parts pin.

#6678 34 minutes ago
Quoted from RVH:

Dose anybody know where I can get a complete board with arm and mounting plate?

Have a look here:

http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/index.html?http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/jd_rfb.html

This is a redesigned version. I don't deal with Great Lakes so can't comment on how they work, but they are replacements for the assemblies

#6679 21 minutes ago
Quoted from DonnieDarko:

Have a look here:
http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/index.html?http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/jd_rfb.html
This is a redesigned version. I don't deal with Great Lakes so can't comment on how they work, but they are replacements for the assemblies

GLM is MIA. Good luck buying from them.

#6680 19 minutes ago
Quoted from DonnieDarko:

Have a look here:

And Great Lakes Modular has been unreachable for awhile now. I have a new set of GLM flipper boards for Dredd, but would need to sell them as a set.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
$ 5.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 77.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Barberton, OH
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
£ 58.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Machine - For Sale
Oregon, WI
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 42.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 999.00
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 999.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 6680 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 134.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside